News:

Main Menu

COMIC GEEKS Я US

Started by LunarSage, February 29, 2012, 02:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut

Quote from: Cold Heritage on April 16, 2012, 07:24:14 PM
Martian Manhunter probably ought to be there somewhere, since he's got all of Superman's powers, none of his weaknesses, and then more powers that Superman doesn't have.

But his weakness is a lot easier to get a hold of than Superman's. All you have to do is strike a match and he's a quivering pile of goo.

It did make his S/M relationship with Scorch really interesting though!
“I didn’t want to kiss you goodbye — that was the trouble — I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there’s a lot of difference.”
Ernest Hemingway
O/Os**A/As

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Cold Heritage on April 16, 2012, 07:24:14 PM
Yeah, although Cain Marko is off who knows where.

Colossus is the one with the power of Cytorak now.

Maybe Marko is off with Nocturne somewhere making little blue babies? Actually come to think of it, is she even still in the universe? I lost track after her and Cain joined Excalibur...

LunarSage

When Marko became a good guy, for some reason Cyttorak was displeased (strange for an abstract entity that never seemed to care about good and evil before) and lowered his power level.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Cold Heritage

Quote from: ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut on April 17, 2012, 04:32:45 AM
But his weakness is a lot easier to get a hold of than Superman's. All you have to do is strike a match and he's a quivering pile of goo.

A shapeshifting mind-controller might make that a little difficult. ;)

Quote from: LunarSage on April 17, 2012, 07:24:21 AM
When Marko became a good guy, for some reason Cyttorak was displeased (strange for an abstract entity that never seemed to care about good and evil before) and lowered his power level.

I vaguely recall the reasoning had less to do with good and evil, and mainly with Marko performing significantly fewer acts of wanton mass destruction which significantly curtailed the Cyttorak brand (and Cyttorak is all about the brand name: it's why Dr. Strange got to use those Crimson Bands).
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut

Quote from: Cold Heritage on April 17, 2012, 10:20:57 AM
A shapeshifting mind-controller might make that a little difficult. ;)

I think the point of the list was to compare them to the others on the list. To all but the Hulk, he'd have a massive disadvantage.
“I didn’t want to kiss you goodbye — that was the trouble — I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there’s a lot of difference.”
Ernest Hemingway
O/Os**A/As

LunarSage

Don't forget how ridiculous the Hulk got during World War Hulk, either.  Standing up to Black Bolt's scream (sure it wasn't the real Black Bolt but I'm willing to bet that his powers were duplicated perfectly) on the moon, being immune to Professor Xavier's (I think he's still the most powerful psychic on Marvel Earth) mental powers as well as apparently having no fear (as evidenced by his immunity to Trauma's powers). 

Sometimes I miss the old dumb torn purple pants Hulk.  *sighs*

Rex Pacis

I think Hulk got shorted too, Sage.

Again I just got into actually reading Comics but isn't there a version of Hulk that just gets stronger the angrier he gets? I'm sure Silver Surfer, MM, and Doctor Strange would probably be able to take him down no problems but to leave him as tenth on the list I think is a little insulting....personally I think he could at least take Supes yet he is number three. Don't know about the others.....I mean what Flash would do to him.....damn thats brutal.
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut

No way, Superman would beat Hulk any day. I mean, half of his villains are just smarter versions of Hulk.
Ernest Hemingway
O/Os**A/As

LunarSage

Hey, I'm not a fan of Superman per say (I think he's a bit boring in that without kryptonite, nothing short of cosmic beings can challenge him) but in my opinion, he's just as strong normally as an enraged Hulk (yes, the Hulk does have limits), and a lot more invulnerable than the Hulk, but on top of that he has super speed, which is often underplayed even in the comics.  Realistically, Superman could land (at least) 10 Hulk strength punches on the Hulk in the time it takes for the Hulk to throw one.  The Hulk is not known for being fast... just strong and tough.

My opinion, but I'm sticking to it.   ;)

Rex Pacis

Yea you're probably right about that Superman is at least capable of thinking. The Hulk I'm thinking about is probably the one Sage was referring to, all muscle no brain which is why I say Hulk smash sort of puny Kryptonian in a straight fist fight. If Hulk gets stronger when he gets mad, can survive in space, and if his cells regenerate along with insane stamina I give the edge to Hulk in a slugfest. Though it could also be a Doomsday like stalemate.....which I guess Supes technically won......damn boy scout.

Late edit: Though I did not factor in Superman's speed so yea I guess he does have an edge....damn OP boy scout.
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut

And freeze-breath and laser beams from his fricken eyes. Supes would have no issues using them against Hulk because he's pretty much invulnerable. Supes could incapacitate Hulk until he calmed down enough to turn back to Bruce Banner.
Ernest Hemingway
O/Os**A/As

Chris Brady

During the World War Hulk series, it was shown that the Hulk has no upper limit to his rage and strength.  Incredibly silly, really, but he's a wrecking ball of pure rage that actually would utterly destroy most of the heroes listed.  No to mention that they upped his intelligence, he can actually make FULL SENTENCES!  And has a warrior's cunning.

In fact, I say take him OFF the list because he's moved into the realm of Galactus and the like, just due to sheer power.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Remember that the list was put up BEFORE World War Hulk.

Cold Heritage

It's weird to me to have someone bemoan how powerful Superman is, but be totally okay with the Hulk. The Hulk had a three issue miniseries devoted to him clowning every single solitary X-Man franchise character in the span of . . . half an hour, if we want to be generous.

Quote from: LunarSage on April 17, 2012, 11:01:29 AM
Sometimes I miss the old dumb torn purple pants Hulk.  *sighs*

Same here. I mean, I've never been a fan (Bruce Banner was trying to make a weapon more destructive than nukes) and as far as I'm concerned that whole "never killed anyone because SUPER-MATH" was something no one would buy even back in the Silver Age.

But Hulk when he was old dumb torn purple pants Hulk at least had a place in the Marvel U. Now, after he's unambiguously clowned everyone from Daredevil to the Sentry . . . there's just nothing left except . . . I dunno, someone with a cosmic cube or the Infinity Gauntlet.

Rex Pacis

Superman has always been Superman the moment Clark Kent became Superman no? Justice, Eye lasers, Ice breath, Speed, all that fun stuff. At least strength, flight, and speed right? I don't know about golden age supes.

Hulk has evolved over time it seems to me. Pre-WWHulk he has all that power and no comprehension of it only rage right? Pretty cool to me. I don't know about Bruce Banner but the Hulk is pretty interesting to me. HULK SMASH! What is Superman's catch phrase? -punch-? xD

LunarSage

"Up, up and away!" is Superman's catchphrase, I believe.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: inyoarea on April 18, 2012, 11:14:10 AM
Superman has always been Superman the moment Clark Kent became Superman no?

No, he hasn't always been the same.

Stronger than a locomotive, faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

LunarSage

SUPERHERO CATCHPHRASES

Hulk:  "HULK SMASH!"  Hey, why don't your pants shred into nothing when you transform into the Hulk?  ..."That Hulk trade secret."

Spider-Man:  "Man my life sucks."  Nah seriously... "My Spidey-Sense is tingling!"

Wolverine:  "I'm the best there is at what I do."  ...and what he does best is appear in more books than any other superhero.

Psylocke:  "My psychic knife is the focused totality of my telepathic powers."  Seriously, in the 90s, she would not shut up about her psychic knife.

Thor:  Uh... "Verily, I say thee nay!"  So yeah, making him talk without the Shakespearean accent was the best thing they ever changed about ole' Blonde Jovi.

Superman:  "Up, up and away!"  Not that he'd be caught dead in this day and age saying that...

Batman:  "I'm Batman."  Yes, we know... "I'm Batman."  Uh, yeah, you already said that, dude.  "I'm Batman."  ...*sighs*

Aquaman:  "I swear I can do more than talk to fish... I have other powers!"  Ok, that was mean I know... but it's so difficult not to pick on Aquaman.  >.<

Chris Brady

Quote from: LunarSage on April 18, 2012, 02:25:24 PM
SUPERHERO CATCHPHRASES

Hulk:  "HULK SMASH!"  Hey, why don't your pants shred into nothing when you transform into the Hulk?  ..."That Hulk trade secret."

Spider-Man:  "Man my life sucks."  Nah seriously... "My Spidey-Sense is tingling!"

Wolverine:  "I'm the best there is at what I do."  ...and what he does best is appear in more books than any other superhero.

Psylocke:  "My psychic knife is the focused totality of my telepathic powers."  Seriously, in the 90s, she would not shut up about her psychic knife.

Thor:  Uh... "Verily, I say thee nay!"  So yeah, making him talk without the Shakespearean accent was the best thing they ever changed about ole' Blonde Jovi.

Superman:  "Up, up and away!"  Not that he'd be caught dead in this day and age saying that...

Batman:  "I'm Batman."  Yes, we know... "I'm Batman."  Uh, yeah, you already said that, dude.  "I'm Batman."  ...*sighs*

Aquaman:  "I swear I can do more than talk to fish... I have other powers!"  Ok, that was mean I know... but it's so difficult not to pick on Aquaman.  >.<

For the record, everyone loved Wolverine in the 90s.  Not entirely sure why.  Not even Chris Claremont's butchering of the X-Men could change that fact, (Of course, Psylocke was his creation, so it explains her psychic penile fixation...)

As for Aquaman, I swear I was like the only kid who knew about the fact that he was superstrong, and tough.  Everyone else was harping on his Fish Sense.

Also, it's "I'm the Batman".

;D

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Cold Heritage

Lots of people still love Wolverine today.

Thor used to say "I would have words with thee" on a fairly regular basis.

There's also the Thing and "it's clobberin' time!" or Johnny Storm's "flame on!"

Not sure how much mileage Silver Surfer got out of "to me, my board!" or if that was just something that the cartoon had him say ten times per episode. Or whether you would want to attribute "Avengers Assemble!" to Captain America as a catchphrase.

Chris Brady

Everyone loves the Canadian. :)

Jag

*purrs*

I want this bag...

Mosaic Ironman Purse. It's made from Ironman comics and coated with a clear, glossy varnish to help make it water proof. Sadly, it is $120.00.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

AllieCat

I'm trying to convince my fiancee to take me to the Marvel Movie Marathon at a fairly local theatre next week, you get to see all six Marvel Movies (IRonMan, Iron Man 2, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, and the Avengers movie itself) for one fee.. it'd be an all day thing. :)

Jag

I would love if they did that around here. I can imagine the look on my managers face when I put in for the request off:

[Store Manager Name],

I need [Date Here] off. As requested, I shall give you my reason. The fate of the world is in the hands of mighty warriors. The Avengers to be exact. I must go see their epic documentaries. There are six, so it will be an all day thing. I will need the whole day off. These are important events in our history. You really should just close the whole store down for the day and let us take a 'field trip' of sorts. I'll buy the popcorn.

Love Ya,
Michi
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Callie Del Noire

The perks of being a full time student with (mostly) online courses this semester.. I can spare a day today.