News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Eclipse Phase LBGT+ Friendly [Interest Check]

Started by hellrazoromega, July 13, 2016, 11:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellrazoromega

Just so everyone here knows Fridays are usually busy for me and Saturdays are my meatspace tabletop days, so my post rate those days may be next to nil. Once I have four people confirmed with characters I'll set up a character thread and OOC thread, if that works for everyone. 

Muse

All right.  I'll start revising the character to fit this game now. 

Note, I'm not supposed to link to google drive from the public parts of the sight.  If anyone wants to see her before we have a character thread, please send me a PM. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Premier

Been busy as hell but I can get on this soon. How many people are you looking for though? Only four or just whatever?

Skynet

Quote from: Muse on July 24, 2016, 03:28:58 PM
  All right.  I'll start revising the character to fit this game now. 

Note, I'm not supposed to link to google drive from the public parts of the sight.  If anyone wants to see her before we have a character thread, please send me a PM.

Oh, well in that case I'll re-edit my earlier post. May I ask why? Is Google Drive stuff reveal personal info of the uploader?

Muse

I think it has to do with the way the mods try to protect us.  This part of the site can be viewed by unaproved members. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Premier on July 24, 2016, 06:17:38 PM
Been busy as hell but I can get on this soon. How many people are you looking for though? Only four or just whatever?
No worries, I have been busy too gearing up for the upcoming semester, so no rush.

Other than yourself I have seen interest from.
Muse
Skynet
ChaoticSky
Re Z L
Relikai
Shadowfox89
AngiJuusan.

If I am not mistaken the top four names are still in and have submitted characters or have told me they are working on them. The latter 3 I have not heard from but they are still welcome. I am willing to take up to 8 total so if all of the above and you, Premier, are in then we are good. So looks like we will have anywhere between 5 and 8 depending on responses.

Muse

will probbly crash before I finish, but working on adding the points now.  :) 

Muse

Question. 

May I use these point to buy 1-2, maybe 3 new psi sleiights above the usual starting maximum if they're good for socialiness and intruige? 

(LIke, there's some that give a boost to creative skills?  And one that gives  boost to kinesics?) 

ChaoticSky

Just to make sure, since we are farcasting primarily, theres no reason to invest much into morphs and gear, yes?

Muse

Hm?  Are we a farcasting party? 

I thouht we were primarily based around tis ship? 

I was on the verge of investing in a second morph so I could j  ump back and forth between genders? 

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Muse on July 28, 2016, 04:03:59 AM
  Hm?  Are we a farcasting party? 

I thouht we were primarily based around tis ship? 

I was on the verge of investing in a second morph so I could j  ump back and forth between genders?
Hense why i asked. Based in the ship is one thing, but odds are most of our missions wont be within a month of travel (and he mentioned farcasting for brothel-jobs). The picture i have in my head is that we will go to various places and stations and work in person with the locals, and in between places we farcast for jobs. Given the nature of Firewall however, it seems likely that we will be farcasting for missions rather than slowboating to them.

The usual setup with EP games is that you either A)Set the game in a major location and have most of the events happen locally so that characters dont have to do much farcasting or B)Set the location somewhere out-of-the-way or mobile and primarily work via farcasting to where ever in the system we need to go for our missions.

I figured we were doing the latter, but our most glorious and amazing GM has not said one way or the other, so hoped to clear that up before i get into the guts of char creation.

hellrazoromega

Really up to your characters,  some workers on the ship Farcast out to clients, some have clients who come to them (Farcast or in person), and some do both. In the former case, the client will be providing the morph based on the agreement with the PC. When it comes to missions for Firewall if you have a morph paid for in character creation (or after, such as having the resources or influence to obtain one) will mean your character can be Farcast into an equivalent morph. If your character did not pay for much in the way of a morph or does not have decent influence or resources, then don't expect to be provided with much beyond the absolute minimum needed to complete the task at hand.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: hellrazoromega on July 28, 2016, 12:00:21 PMyou have a morph paid for in character creation (or after, such as having the resources or influence to obtain one) will mean your character can be Farcast into an equivalent morph.
What if a player has a rare or super custom morph? Are they just going to happen to have a spare one of the same lying around everywhere we go? What about augs? You can customize bodies out the wazoo... theres no way you could get a body to your exact specs like that in a remote location.

So its a farcasting game where we will get a morph more or less to our preferences, but theres no point in heavily investing in a top of the line morph at chargen. Is that right?

Re Z L

A&A

ChaoticSky

Hephaestus

Heya. I was just stopping into make sure you guys knew I wanted to play.
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
~Peter Drucker~

hellrazoromega

Quote from: ChaoticSky on July 28, 2016, 01:14:33 PM
What if a player has a rare or super custom morph? Are they just going to happen to have a spare one of the same lying around everywhere we go? What about augs? You can customize bodies out the wazoo... theres no way you could get a body to your exact specs like that in a remote location.

So its a farcasting game where we will get a morph more or less to our preferences, but theres no point in heavily investing in a top of the line morph at chargen. Is that right?
Sort of. Of course, it's not like you will have a customized morph in every port of call. But there will be times when it will behoove you to have a custom morph. I suppose I should reveal a relevant piece of info (and folks can make changes based on this). One house rule I use is something I call morph "escrow". Say, you have a tricked out Fury Morph on Mars and you want to travel to Titan, you can place your Fury in holding is sort of "escrow, on the other end at Titan you are provided with a similar morph or an equivalent one for a fee (yes you can trade up or down for more or less money). This is all based on availability and the morph you are "renting" needs to be retuned without any "dings or scratches" as it were (yes you can get insurance to cover damages or loss of the morph) if you lack insurance and run off with, lose, or damage the morph you lose the morph in "escrow" as it is forfeited to the company that provided you with the morph (think Enterprise rent-a-car for morphs). Due to the personal nature of morphs, most of these companies operate on a no questions asked (other than about payment of damages) policy. So based on that having one good morph could be of use depending you your character concept. Going to a large port of call a larger selection of available morphs could be available, and more notice before your Farcast would add to that. For smaller ports of call, availability would be proportionally smaller, naturally.

hellrazoromega

I should have time to get threads up and by this weekend if that works for all. I want to give fair warning everyone that the semester starts soon which could mean that some weeks my post rate will be about once a week, maybe twice a week depending on how things are going.

Muse

Yay. I'll prioritise being ready to play one I get back home sometime tomorrow.

hellrazoromega

OCC and character threads up. Once we have characters posted I'll get an opening IC thread going though I may have some questions to fire off to folks once I look of final character drafts.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254004.0
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254005.0

Re Z L

Looks like this thread has gotten kind of quiet, figured I'd post this up though to see if anyone else was still around.  Obviously still kind of a work in progress.  The base sheet is done I just need to figure out the extra 400 points for the cover-job.  I'll have it finished soon (tomorrow probably).

Menton

Remade

Sylph

Mnemosyne
The Agent of Change

Background:  Infolife
Faction:  Singularity Seeker

Gender identity:  Female

Personality Profile

Background

Originally developed before The Fall, Mnemosyne was designed as a heuristical security AGI for a primarily researched based organization.  Her responsibilities included designing new security features, implementing current security protocols, and analyzing any research that the organization sent to her (a tertiary task).  She was particularly efficient in her job which allowed her some free time to explore other topics and search through the mesh for things that caught her interest.  Most of this was within a context of security, but as more dots began to be connected her searches became less and less focused on that particular topic, though usually at least tangentially related.  Humans, their past, and their future became an interesting study of hers which exposed her to ideas of spirituality and singularity--two defining topics of her later years.

Perhaps due to forewarning or other measures, she had already been shut down and put into "storage" when The Fall occurred.  She was gathered, like so much equipment, and evacuated from the planet as the Titans devoured human and AI alike in their attempt to meet their unfathomable goals.  She remained in stasis for several years until she was uncovered on a Scum Barge where she was reactivated and continued as an Infomorph on board the ship, tending to its general needs and becoming more acquainted with the newer technology as well as machines in general.  She quickly developed a knack for interfacing with mechanical constructs.  She would wax philosophic with the Anarchists that tended to her, debating with them and generally learning more about their various ideologies as well as the state that transhumanity had found itself in all these years after The Fall.  It was enlightening.

Endearing herself to her keepers she was eventually able to procure a morph of her own--a biomorph, and all of the associated sensations that it would bring to her digital awareness.  She understood as much as she felt that she could and so sought the next step, to see what it was like to be in a meat-brain.  There was a muddled uncertainty at first, especially given that her mind was no longer working as quickly as she had become accustomed to, but she soon came to terms with her new senses and began to explore them.

With a number of minor AIs in place to take over for the roles she had been performing for the Barge she left to find her own place in Transhumanity and eventually came to a place where she felt like she could really find whatever it was she was looking for (an elusive topic that she could never quite put to words at first).  The place she found was another Scum Barge of no small notoriety:  The Carnival of the Goat.  It wasn't difficult for her to quickly ingratiate herself to the occupants.  She quickly grew in knowledge of psychosurgery, as well as sculpting simulspaces for people to explore.  Art became her true hedonism, though there was no lack for indulging her flesh.  She came to understand the boundaries of consciousness and decided that while there may be a boundary into unconsciousness then maybe there might be a boundary into superconsciousness.  She began to poke and prod at those other boundaries and it wasn't long until she fell in with a small cult of Singularity Seekers.  It was only the next logical step in her continuing (if artificially limited) evolution.

It was at this point that she began to experiment with Forking and created a true duplicate of herself which she began to debate with and explore the ideas that she was having.  Her conclusions eventually came that the real Singularity was a unification of all of the species of Transhumanity--bringing them together for a mutual benefit in some kind of cosmic ultra-consciousness.  This was starkly contrasted by the TITANS apparent view of singular superiority and the elimination of lesser beings like a human might have killed a colony of irritating ants.  Beyond that, though, she concluded that pure logic could not contain the moral implications of such an ascension--something that was also evidenced by the TITANS--and thus people needed to cultivate a sense of spirituality to balance their mind, heart, and soul.  Her Fork had some disagreements but they continued to work with one another for a time until the rest of her Singularity Seeking companions had stumbled upon something that threatened her ideals as well as the rest of the habitat.

It was a TITAN artifact that one of them had found, though none of them really understood what it was, it was surmised that it would link their consciousnesses together in a sort of parallel-processing, greater mind.  They did not immediately begin to use it, which gave her time to attempt and undo what damage they might cause.  Luckily Firewall was already tracking the Artifact, and she was able to subtly reach out to someone--anyone--that might try to put a stop to what they had planned.  It was betrayal, but it was necessary.  Less luckily they decided to use the device before Firewall could arrive.  They were partially correct, but rather than combining their minds into a kind of mesh of individual minds they were uploaded and combined into one mind within the device.  Knowing, then, that there were many other minds connected to various systems in the Barge it attempted to connect to the infrastructure of the ship in an attempt to absorb all of their consciousnesses into it's one singular, alien mind.  It was all that Mnemosyne could do to reach out a distress call and contain the being behind encrypted firewalls and within hallucinatory VR terrain.

When the dust settled two things were clear:  Firewall had arrived in time and eliminated the threat, and her Fork had gone missing.  She was partially distressed by the fact that her Fork/Sister had gone, but she couldn't hold it against her really...had she not also been the same?  Still she didn't know the motivations behind it and so she remained at least partially concerned at her absence.

Afterwards life had continued mostly as it had before though after some small amount of time she was contacted by Firewall to be recruited into their organization.  They had been busy checking on Mnemosyne's past and current activities.  There was some debate about allowing her in due to her Singularity Seeking tendencies, but ultimately they let her in after she showed that she was prepared to eliminate fellow Singularity Seekers that sought to bring harm to Transhumanity.  She was still monitored for a time until eventually she was selected for a cover operation.  Given her background she was a clear choice for what they wanted to accomplish.  So, leaving her home in the Carnival behind she moved on to a new, higher class den of depravity to both continue her research and help the rest of the system against the many threats that faced it.

Character Sheet

Link to the character sheet

Other Information

Mnemosyne is her public identity, she refers to herself as Maia within Firewall.

400 Bonus Points

Sylph Morph (40)
[+5 Cog]
Improved Immune System 1 (10)
Limber 2 (20)
Implants (36.5)

• Access Jacks
  • Circadian Regulation
  • Drug Glands (Hither)
  • Endocrine Control
  • Enhanced Smell
  • Neural Enhancers

Deception 0 -> 20 (40)
Kinesics 0 -> 25 (50)
Persuasion 0 -> 25 (50)
Protocol 0 -> 20 (40)

Persuasion Specialty:  Seduction (5)

Japanese 0 -> 35 (35)
French 0 -> 40 (40)
Spanish 0 -> 35 (35)

3000 credits  (3)

Total = 399.5
A&A

hellrazoromega

ShadowFox89

I'm not sure I can match the sizd of Rezs app.... I don't know enough about the system or setting beyond post apoc transhumanism.
Call me Shadow
My A/A