Virtually Irresistible Real Life Lounge (OOC)

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 27, 2012, 10:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

I feel the same way. It is always a shot in the dark in the beginning.

Hugs to all.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Missy

I just picked a random as well, one that nobody else had chosen as to be as inconsequential as possible.

Starlequin

Shots in the dark, huh? *checks his tally* Curse my sparkling personality. ::)
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Autumn Sativus

Don't be shy now everyone, we still need 8 more votes! ;D
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Ryven

Quote from: Starlequin on October 10, 2012, 12:50:19 PM

It's because you're so adorable and snuggley.

Starlequin

Quote from: Ryven on October 10, 2012, 07:26:43 PM
It's because you're so adorable and snuggley.
I'm tryin'...but...

it won't turn it off!

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Sarena

Oh my goodness!  Adorable.  ;D
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Mr Bigglesworth

Quote from: Starlequin on October 10, 2012, 12:50:19 PM

Shots in the dark aren't doing so well by me either *Hugs*

Sarena

*hugs you both*

Mr. B...my 4 yo saw your avatar today and went nuts.  He loves Thor.  Well, he loves all of the Avengers. 
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Galactic Druid

Sorry Xandi. >< It's 'cuz you had no votes yet...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Trieste

I always feel sorry for the first and second ones to go in the game. Most of the fun is in the plotting but someone's got to be first for that to happen...

I think the craziest plotting I ever did was in the Romeo and Juliet game. Holy shiz.

Sasha

I find myself ....sitting here really wanting some blueberry muffins now . Blames Ryven and puts on a pair of sunglasses to keep Starlequin's sparkling personality at bay .

I actually have used the dice roller before ....to determine a vote as it comes up with some interesting twists . In fact ...I didn't like the result once and tried to cheat and roll again and the same person come up . Talk about forced honestly there . Geezzz ....

James Moriarty

Sarena

That is a strange word, I must say, Professor.

James Moriarty

Oh I quite agree.  Quite quite agree.

Sarena

Now I'm curious about it.

*goes to research the origins of the word ketchup*

Starlequin

*deadpans* I'm so glad my impending demise provided such a robust opportunity for fun with etymology. ::)  :P

Sarena

*nods* And I learned a lot too!  See?  *points down*

Quoteketchup (n.)
1711, said to be from Malay kichap, but probably not original to Malay. It might have come from Chinese koechiap "brine of fish," which, if authentic, perhaps is from the Chinese community in northern Vietnam [Terrien de Lacouperie, in "Babylonian and Oriental Record," 1889, 1890]. Catsup (earlier catchup, 1680s) is a failed attempt at Anglicization, still in use in U.S., influenced by cat and sup.

Originally a fish sauce, the word came to be used in English for a wide variety of spiced gravies and sauces; "Apicius Redivivus; or, the Cook's Oracle," by William Kitchiner, London, 1817, devotes 7 pages to recipes for different types of catsup (his book has 1 spelling of ketchup, 72 of catsup), including walnut, mushroom, oyster, cockle and mussel, tomata, white (vinegar and anchovies figure in it), cucumber, and pudding catsup. Chambers's Encyclopaedia (1870) lists mushroom, walnut, and tomato ketchup as "the three most esteemed kinds." Tomato ketchup emerged c.1800 in U.S. and predominated from early 20c.

source link:  http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=ketchup

Starlequin

Huh. Suddenly my own curiosity is stirred...for recipes! :D

Edit: Get it? Stirred? I crack me up! XD

James Moriarty

I have to admit, I didn't see the platypus thing coming...

Starlequin

Hey, desperate times, man. *shrugs*

James Moriarty

Oh, no, my good sir, 'twasn't a criticism.  If I could only have the presence of mind to go out on a quotation so grand... would be quite the moral victory, and honor.

Sasha

Not sure ....about a demise .....but you are definitely on the no need for coffee list .

I put Ketchup on a lot of things ....but peanut butter ...oh my . Though it does go well with Spaghetti as it melts the nutty spread and makes one feel all warm inside . That or my mother just made it way too much when I was a kid and that just annoyed my father at the dinner table .

Hands you the remains of my flask instead .....

Valerian

Reading this thread before the game thread... was an interesting experience.  O.o
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE