Should the distinction between human and 'exotic' roleplay be removed?

Started by Vekseid, December 10, 2008, 04:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Vekseid

Also, please make a note if you'd like to see the system/freeform distinction removed as well.

Greenthorn

I think it would make it look less lopsided on the right side.  Even everything out.  If you'd like a detailed "GT thinks it might look better like this" outline let me know haha ;D

Jefepato

The subdivision is a bit arbitrary, but I like it.  Lumping them together would make threads that much harder to find, especially in the larger sections.

Trieste

I voted 'I will hunt you', not because i"m particularly opposed but because it's more threads I'd have to move. >.>

Hunter

I think the distinction needs to stay, particularly for those people not into neko/werewolves/etc

Caeli

I say that the system and freeform distinction can go; however, I would like to see the exotic/human distinction to stay, if you keep the system/freeform distinction.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Vekseid

Quote from: Trieste on December 10, 2008, 04:32:44 PM
I voted 'I will hunt you', not because i"m particularly opposed but because it's more threads I'd have to move. >.>

How many threads have you moved during the mergers so far, woman? :-p

Trieste

Quote from: Vekseid on December 10, 2008, 06:27:04 PM
How many threads have you moved during the mergers so far, woman? :-p

None! And I feel guilty about every one! It's reached such a critical level that I will feel horribly guilty about not moving any for this particular thing, and will therefore have to move them to avoid the soul-crushing guilt ...

... and so I vote no.

Vekseid

Quote from: Trieste on December 10, 2008, 06:54:28 PM
None! And I feel guilty about every one! It's reached such a critical level that I will feel horribly guilty about not moving any for this particular thing, and will therefore have to move them to avoid the soul-crushing guilt ...

... and so I vote no.

...you do realize I did most of them with a few simple SQL commands, don't you?

Trieste

Vekseid

Quote from: Trieste on December 10, 2008, 07:10:53 PM
You are minimizing my guilt. :(

I could have misled you and said I did the overwhelmingly vast majority of them myself. Does that help?

Trieste

Quote from: Vekseid on December 10, 2008, 07:14:01 PM
I could have misled you and said I did the overwhelmingly vast majority of them myself. Does that help?

... I ... don't know. >.>

Maeven

I voted yes because I want Trieste to have to do more work. 

Wait.

*ponders*

Scratch that. Seriously, I like the distinction. I'm not into the tentacles and the like and, while it doesn't exactly offend me, I'd rather not get started on reading something only to find it has subject matter that I am not really into. Granted this is equally likely to happen in a 'human' story, but, at least I'm ruling out the obvious when I click on the human boards. 

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Hunter

Quote from: Maeven on December 10, 2008, 07:44:40 PM
I voted yes because I want Trieste to have to do more work. 

*lol*

I agree about system and freeform can probably go.

Greenthorn

I say to then divide light and bondage into two boards, human and exotic...to even things out.  And my poor little extreme section can stay all tiny and at the bottom.

And yes...The Extreme section is MINE.  I slapped a collar on it!!

Psi

If you are looking to balance the forum a little more, why not consider it this way..

Light: Human, with Human small groups as a subforum of that
Light: Exotic, with Exotic small groups as a subforum of that

Bondage: likewise

Exotic: likewise?

Rather then removing, moving them down a little bit, as most people involved in a RP in any section use Show new Replies or My Topics anyway.

Lilias

Human/Exotic: Stay
Freeform/System: Go
Groups in subforums: The jury's out

Just my tuppence.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

ShrowdedPoet

I don't care about the human/non-human distinction.  I don't let myself get bothered by silly things.  I think it'd be just fine if they went.  I also don't see a point in having the freeform/system distinction.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Moondazed

You realize that you just said that the concerns of people who don't want to read one or the other are silly?  ;)  Just sayin'...
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Moondazed on December 11, 2008, 11:09:15 AM
You realize that you just said that the concerns of people who don't want to read one or the other are silly?  ;)  Just sayin'...

I think it's silly for someone to get all upset over something like that.
Ons and Offs

Moondazed

There's a difference between 'getting all upset' and having a preference.  I'm not trying to be difficult, I just wanted to point out that your choice of wording came across as judgmental.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Vekseid

I'm closing the voting, regardless. There are better things to do than more forum mergers when most are against them.

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Moondazed on December 11, 2008, 11:18:18 AM
There's a difference between 'getting all upset' and having a preference.  I'm not trying to be difficult, I just wanted to point out that your choice of wording came across as judgmental.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across that way.  I don't think that having a preference is silly.
Ons and Offs