Looking for a Different Sort of Highschool Drama

Started by Incognito, November 28, 2007, 12:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incognito

I’m not sure how well this will be received, but I thought might as well toss it out there and see if a potential GM nibbles.  Its pretty simple really a group of average everday group of highschool students go about their day, studying, socialize, slacking, all that fun stuff.  But something happens to them, that changes them for the better or worse. It makes them more then human, granting them strange abilities.  They struggle with these new founds gifts, but in time learn about a force out to bring about the end of life as they know it.  I’m leaving this kind of open I know, because I don’t want to pigeonhole a potential GM into a specific plot line and just give them freedom to shape the game as they see fit.  

Also, a group of players would be nice as well.
Humanoid Tactical Weapons are sexy...

Elvi

"Save the cheerleader!".....*grins*

Hope you have a bite Incog, good to see you out there...*smiles*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Silvester

This sounds like it could be fun as long as the "force to end all life as we know it" premise is not ENTIRELY ridiculous.

I might want to do this if you get more players.

Incognito

Thanks Elvi.

And thank you for the interest Silvester.

Kitikat

Arrgh, why do the cool games always appear when I really, really shouldn't be taking on any more :(
Bisexual, prefers to play female or T* characters
Ons and Offs and more!

Brandon

sounds interesting, I could be be persauded to play
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Valerian

Bother.  Yeah, what Kitikat said.  However, if a GM does appear, I have no doubt I'll give in to temptation and join...  :P
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

kasen03

I'm curious.. what sortof strange abilities?  This does sound like Heroes.. although it could easy go the way of 'Zoom' (I think the movie was called) or even something like the spy-kids. 

Heck this could also be like a Pre-awakening setting the very very early foundation for a Shadowrun campaign.. you know..set like 2030's when the first people started to show signs of awakening.. on the verge of the Vitas plague.

Mm.. I'd love to nibble on this.. although (as Valerian could attest) lately my RL has been kidnapping me abit.  (Mass Effect.. Rock Band.. plus family and holidays)

But.. piquing my interest... would like to hear other opinions.

Incognito

Sorry for the delay,  my weekends are usually pretty hectic so I don't really get the chance to hang around the computer much.  Well, as for "Strange Powers" I wasn't exactly sure myself.   

I've never seen Heroes but from what I've heard about it,  I think that a game with similiarities to it would be just fine.  The idea really hit me though as I was playing Persona 3,  but,  I'm not expecting anything similiar,  though if the oppurtunity did present itself I'd pounce on it.

I've never played Shadow run,  I think I've got one of the first edition source books lying around somewhere,  but I never did get into it. 

Kitikat

I think closer to Heroes rather than say Xmen would be nicer, more 'real' in a way.

Semi-spoiler warning for those who havn't seen Heroes

... we're looking at powers like telekinesis, super-healing, walking through walls, communing with electronic equipment, flight, invisibility, mind control, super-hearing, and shape-shifting (which I bags!)...

nothing flashy with big special effects, but quite powerful anyway.
Bisexual, prefers to play female or T* characters
Ons and Offs and more!