MGAP Roleplay Recruiting: Need Magical Girls & Monsters.

Started by Nazora, December 10, 2010, 11:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Okay Shihong, how about this? How about we both enter a dean character and we decide which one is the more evil or better made of the bunch? Will certainly give people something to do whilst they wait for the game to start yes?

(Though probably you'll come out on top I think this would be fun.)

Crovonovin

Sure thing!  I'll probably be quite busy with the holidays, but I'll see if I can't put something together.

DKDBSD

I'm still stuck on a personal power for my girl what do you guys think about her having magic guns or something similar?

Laughing Hyena

Magic guns on a magical girl kick ass in my opinion. However remember that the primary weapon of a magical girl is her staff or wand. So you might have to think outside of the box to make it work.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on December 20, 2010, 06:41:03 PM
Magic guns on a magical girl kick ass in my opinion. However remember that the primary weapon of a magical girl is her staff or wand. So you might have to think outside of the box to make it work.

Trust me I've got that bit covered. It would be a case of the staff becomes the guns though I might think of something else. I usually go for melee weapons so I want something different.

Crovonovin

Just going out on a limb here...

What if your staff could be transformed into dual tonfas, which double as energy-based guns?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Shihong on December 20, 2010, 06:46:35 PM
Just going out on a limb here...

What if your staff could be transformed into dual tonfas, which double as energy-based guns?

That still has the problem of melee weapons what I'm working with is a character who's not trained in combat. I don't do that often.

Nazora

Two issues.

I need to begin making threads for the locations tonight or tomorrow before I go on vacation for the holidays. The only problem is which locale I should research for the school location.

1. Metropolitan Japan.

2. Mountain rural Japan in northern Honshu

3. An island of southern Japan near Okinawa

4. An island in the Hawaiian islands

The island locations would make the students more isolated on a island that might be primarily monster territory. I thought the Hawaiian locale would be nice because of the mix of cultures on the islands. The mountain rural location would add more climate variety and still be fairly isolated. A metropolitan location would make things more difficult but it would provide a better audience for the magical girls and more chances for battle in public places. Though if the school was on an island there would still be field trips. What does everyone here think?
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

DKDBSD

Laughing Hyena

Id suggest we use both the mountains and the city were the choice mine

Videospirit

Was busy with early christmas stuff for the last few days but I've got a moment to plot out a character now. Going to go with Pendarius since he posted his character first. Have the character done but running it past Pendarius to see if he wants any adjustments, I'm writing my character into his characters backstory afterall. As for location... northern Honshu sounds ideal. Most of the characters have an asian, especially japanese feel anyway(Well... it is anime inspired after all). Maybe the school itself can be on a hilltop near the edge of a city, overlooking it from quite a ways above.

And as for the Dean... how about the one we don't choose gets reworked to be a bitter about it second in command looking to usurp the dean's position?

bend

Quoting Videospirit for locations. However I think a nearby city is a must, monsters need to feed and a city is the best place to do it. Plus I can already imagine Eirin jumping around rooftops at night.
- A&A - On & Offs -

Haibane

I've always liked Hokkaido as a location, it's traditionally the place in Japan where the old mythologies and religions have lingered longest, where the locals still believe in many spirits and ghosts and so on. It has some of the last remaining deep forests of Japan (mostly national parks now), mountains and mists... it's an island and so is (and always has been) somewhat socially and culturally cut off from Metropolitan Japan.

There are several biggish towns so you could choose a medium sized town on the coast with some forests and mountains behind or you cold choose the capital of Sapporo which is a pretty big city.

If we can arrange a setting that has a range of urban/rural/mountain/forest settings we can't go much wrong though. I assume the school where the game is set will be urban or sub-urban in location. Maybe it has an old temple behind ion a hill, something like that.

@ DKDBSD - how about acid milk fired from her nipples, or two strings of binding twine she projects from them which tie up or cut into the monster?

bend

You know, Reiko's probably going to hit Nigel repeatedly on his head. And Reiko is a kind and cuddly one.
- A&A - On & Offs -

Crovonovin

No magical girl team is truly complete unless they have a lovable lecherous mascot character!

bend

It's also good to relieve stress, especially if he doesn't seem to get permanent injuries, just like cartoon characters.
- A&A - On & Offs -

Laughing Hyena

Here is my candidate for the Dean/Overlord. Hopefully Pendarious doesn't mind me using the name he picked. Work in progress but do tell me what you think so far.

Name: Himeijii Minoru (The Vassal of Oblivion)
Nickname: Dean, Headmaster
Size Category: Human
Affiliation: MAWD
Category: Overlord
Abilities: 

Void Lightning: The Vassal of Oblivion has a deep understanding of dark sorcery especially within the influence of destructive force and one of his signature forms of attack and defense is the embodiment of his wrath in the form of corrupted lightning empowered by his essence. With it his primary mode of attacking is in the form of magical arcs that strike down his enemies. Another variation are binding chains of a lightning that restrict and hamper his enemy to try and slow them down. And finally one of his favorite tactics is to use the Void Lightning in an explosive burst effect electrifying those unfortunate to be caught within its path. For defense a sphere of electricity to surround himself in that counter strikes against those that try to breach it is a preferred tactic. Again it is another form of torture he utilizes against his victims by using small shocks to stimulate the nerves of his opponents inflicting either pain or pleasure at his whim.

Veil of Nightmare: The Vassal of Oblivion has a dreaded power to bring a person's greatest fear to reality in whatever suitable fashion that can harass the victim the best. The vision has no true manifestation until a target is designated however the illusion is quite real taking the form of a hostile manifestation. The nightmare will then attempt to attack or harass the target and drain it of its sexual or physical energy if they incapacitate the target. A strong willed being can shake off the fearful effects and defeat the manifestation. However this is a favored tactic of torture for the Overlord.

Mark of the Void: The Vassal has the ability to lay a mark upon a willing subject binding them to his will. It is in this way he can control his subjects with a stern hand. For it is a constant reminder they are never far enough from their Master that he cannot touch them. He can channel his will through them in a form of focused telepathy and also see and hear through their eyes by committing a small portion of essence towards the act for it to work.

Conjuration: Those who bear the Mark are forever bound to heed the call of their Master. And when the Master has need of them they know of it. For the Mark can summon them to his side. However this is only if they are willing to be summoned. Those that do refuse the summon however better have a good reason to do that for he has little tolerance for those who refuse to heed his call. Often what he uses the summons for is to give out missions for it is rare that he has to find himself in direct conflict and rarer still where he needs backup. But when he does he can summon a number of monsters to his side. (GM's discretion)

Flawless False Form: The Overlord has uncanny powers at his disposal for disguise. There a reason he has not be discovered so easily by the magical girls or the organization that opposes MAWD. His abilities of disguise go beyond any other monster. Even Posers cannot hope to mimic this. They go merely to the physical form and that is all however he can fabricate a false soul or spiritual energy with the disguise masking his true nature. Ergo there is no magic button or such that will allow those to pierce his disguise. Only logic and cunning will allow for such a feat.

Dimension Door: The Vassal has an impressive means of transportation by splitting the fabric of reality asunder for a brief moment to allow him to travel many miles from one place to another. He can use it to also travel between his realm and the realm of humans. It is his primary means of transportation and it is a powerful one at that. The Dimension Door will not close until after he enters the threshold. So it is possible for others to travel through it so long as he is the last one to pass through the rift.

Personality: The Dean Himeijii Minoru is a rather kind man concerned for his students well being first and foremost with a slight tendency to enjoy a ladies body for what it is even if it is hands off. As such he is usually on the wrong end of a few good slaps or bumps on the head from those who reel in his wandering eyes. None the less he is a good listener and quite wise, willing to give good advice to those who wish to hear of it and compassionate towards others at the cost of his own personal wants.

The Vassal of Oblivion's personality is one of cruelty, a person who shows no mercy to those who dare to get in way and whilst willing to give second chances to his minions but should his patience wear thin enough he will make no hesitation to remove it. He values those with loyalty over ones success rate because loyal underlings are hard to come by and are scant resources in his organization. His cruel nature is matched by his perverse eye for he has a deep appetite for the fair sex's flesh and often uses sins of lust to break his prisoners and bring them to his side rather then torture. It is far more entertaining in this fashion and also has less of a chance of killing the victim of course. Tis far more mentally taxing as well in his viewpoint as well. His will for the planet under his control is to use it as a monsters paradise where humanity is subservient to the monsters and used for whatever enjoyment they see fit.

Human Form

Monster Form

A Potential "Dragon"

Haibane

Quote from: Shihong on December 21, 2010, 06:05:57 AM
No magical girl team is truly complete unless they have a lovable lecherous mascot character!
Oh? Do I get to play mascot to all the girls? Awesome!

Quote from: bend on December 21, 2010, 06:08:57 AM
It's also good to relieve stress, especially if he doesn't seem to get permanent injuries, just like cartoon characters.
He's a teddy bear. A magic one, so you can do to him lots of violent things that you'd do to a real stuffed toy, like pulling his head off or throwing him out a window ten storeys up - he'll just bounce. Setting him on fire is maybe the biggest mistake you could make.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Haibane on December 21, 2010, 08:32:29 AM
Oh? Do I get to play mascot to all the girls? Awesome!
He's a teddy bear. A magic one, so you can do to him lots of violent things that you'd do to a real stuffed toy, like pulling his head off or throwing him out a window ten storeys up - he'll just bounce. Setting him on fire is maybe the biggest mistake you could make.

Awesome characters and I think someone's been watching Kampher.

Haibane

LOL, I've never heard of Kampher. What is it? I based Nigel solely on what Nazora said she thought the sidekick could be like in her opening post, so the teddy bear was her idea and since you can't actually hurt teddy bears the logic of being almost indestructible follows on from that. I sent her some basics and over a couple of PMs we thrashed out some more bits, particularly ways in which he could be helpful as all the things I'd suggested were merely funny and annoying!

There might be a bit of the spirit of Jiji, Kiki's(*) talking cat in him as we go along though, as that's the kind of personality I'm going for.

There's a lot of scope for smut in this game but I'll try and keep it as light and silly as I can.

(*) Kiki's Delivery Service by Studio Ghibli. The witty version of Jiji is only present in the English dub, not in the Japanese original (one of those times when the dubbers did things and you wished they hadn't).

bend

Hey that's right! He resembles the teddy from Kampfer. And the comic is about gender bending too... Strange coincidences
- A&A - On & Offs -

DKDBSD

Haibane

DKDBSD

bend

Yeah there's too much silliness in it for me but it's not bad
- A&A - On & Offs -