News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Coffee or Tea?

Started by Slaven, August 25, 2011, 06:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverfyre

She is quickly reaching TWO storehouses full and it's hardly useless.

Xanatos

Quote from: Slaven on August 25, 2011, 10:51:36 PM
For some reason I have an awkward feeling that we might have some possible nutrition majors present.

Not even close to being a Nutrion major, but I do keep my eye on it a bit. I am among several Registered Dietitians at the hospital I work at, however. One of the ladies is in the process of getting her masters. I also have a friend who is going into sports medicine, and another friend is aiming to be a PA, a Physicians Assistant; his wife is a very smart Brazilian who wants to be a doctor. So, I may not be a major, but I've got connections.

Kuroneko

I have a preference for tea, but I like espresso as well.  I really can't stand drip coffee, and I don't care for chai.  My favorite caffeinated tea is Her Majesty's Blend by Ridgeways, but it's very hard to find.  I also love jasmine tea, black or green.  Most of the time however, I drink Rooisbos with a little bit of agave nectar if it's hot, straight up if it's cold.  For espresso I usually make a latte with rice milk or a mocha with chocolate hazelnut milk, hot or col depnding on the time of year, as I'm allergicic to milk and soy. 

Hmmm, now I want a cup of Rooibos, lol. 
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Slaven

Aye, Kuro. I can understand that as well. I've never been a fan of drip coffee. When I was smaller, my parents always drank it. I wanted to be like them, so I did as well. The difference was, mine was about 40% coffee, 50% milk, and %10 sugar.
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Lilias

I like regular coffee, moderately sweet (level teaspoon of demerara per mug), ideally with a good dash of evaporated milk, though here in the UK I compromise with CoffeeMate most of the time. I invariably have a mug to kickstart my day. I might brew another pot around 9pm, to enjoy more slowly, since it doesn't interfere with my sleep.

I love tea as well, and I go about sampling everything, at all hours. A couple of months ago I invested in a tea-for-one, and my consumption has gone up since. I prefer green and white teas, but fruit-flavoured blacks, like Lady Grey, have their time as well. I love herbal infusions, particularly those involving berries, while I abhor mint in any and all incarnations. Chai latte is one of my definitions of heaven in a cup, but my favourite town cafe has spoiled me (blasted milk frother) for homebrewing.

Coffee is a utilitarian drink that happens to be enjoyable as well. Tea is an enjoyment that may or may not have a useful effect attached.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Avis habilis

Coffee. Black. No sugar. Strong enough to kill small rodents at a distance. No flavors either. Coffee has a flavor, dammit, it's coffee flavored!

Jag

I accidentally served the coffee that had just been brewed for our iced coffee to a customer once. Our iced coffee starts with triple brewing the coffee. We make a normal pot, then put fresh grounds in and pour the already made coffee where the water goes, then brew it again. Then we do that again. Then we put it in the iced coffee canister and pour in some cold water.

The customer came back thinking I had tried to poison them or something.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Avis habilis

Now, see, I would have been back for another every morning after that.

Until a tolerance built up. Then it would be twice a morning.

Jag

We have a guy that comes in everyday and gets a large, black coffee with 12 shots of espresso in it. I swear, he's going to have a heart attack from it one of these days.

My daughters god-father likes his coffee the way we brew the iced coffee at work. We do, surprisingly, have some people come in and ask if we're brewing the iced coffee so they can get it hot instead of cold. It makes me shudder to think of what it would taste like.

Oniya

Quote from: Silverfyre on August 25, 2011, 11:20:41 PM
She is quickly reaching TWO storehouses full and it's hardly useless.

The Storehouse is dimensionally transcendent.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lilias

Did you have to threaten the Warehouse 13 people so they wouldn't lift the concept wholesale? >:)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Slaven

Quote from: Michi No Sora on August 26, 2011, 09:29:22 AM
I accidentally served the coffee that had just been brewed for our iced coffee to a customer once. Our iced coffee starts with triple brewing the coffee. We make a normal pot, then put fresh grounds in and pour the already made coffee where the water goes, then brew it again. Then we do that again. Then we put it in the iced coffee canister and pour in some cold water.

The customer came back thinking I had tried to poison them or something.

that would be awesome. Talking about a wake up call.

Beguile's Mistress

Coffee in its purest form is my choice; hot, strong and black and only occasionally flavored with something like hazelnut or cinnamon.

I like teas in all its infinite varieties, however.  There are few flavored teas that I don't care for and the pekoes, oolongs, breakfast teas and others are all welcome at my table.  I never use milk, occasionally use lemon and seldom use sugar to doctor my tea and when sugar or lemon (and occasionally lime or orange) are used it is the barest minimum or skins (tangerine is a favorite) are infused with the tea.  Fruit skins like apple, pear, peach or plum bring another level of flavor to some teas, as well.

It's coffee to get the job done and playing with teas to have some fun.

Slaven

Yeah, I sometimes I wish I could stomach coffee. It seems to get the job done much better, but that said..Tea has so many different flavors and varieties that it keeps my life interesting enough. :D

badsam

Depends....
Early in the morning or late ate night... coffee (when you need a punch to wake up or stay up ;) )
during the day I prefer tea... warm
ohh.. and  by the way... both coffee and tea without sugar :D

Slaven

Yeah, sugar makes the flavor kinda go bland in my opinion.

undisclosedtoyou

I prefer coffee.  On usual days, I'll take mine with cream and three tablespoons of sugar.  When I go out for it, I prefer a nice strong espresso with cream.  In the summer I like my coffee iced, and flavored with Hazelnut.  I can't stand weak coffee though, tastes like dirty water, and is a complete waste.

As for tea, the only ones I like are sweet, my favorite being a nice black Ginger Peach, with maybe a little sugar, but most of the time without.  On rare occasions, I'll drink green tea hot.  Again, I can't stand it weak, or too strong really.  And I like it better when it's half iced tea, and half lemonade.  I almost always prefer my tea iced.

With energy drinks, I don't drink them very often, sometimes I'll drink a red bull or a rock star, but only on rare occasions.

I like soda, maybe a little too much.  My favorite is Diet Coke, and Ginger ale.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Slaven

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 01, 2011, 04:20:29 PM
As for tea, the only ones I like are sweet, my favorite being a nice black Ginger Peach, with maybe a little sugar, but most of the time without.  On rare occasions, I'll drink green tea hot.  Again, I can't stand it weak, or too strong really.  And I like it better when it's half iced tea, and half lemonade.  I almost always prefer my tea iced.

Haha, down here we have iced tea all the time. I call it heart attack in a cup cause it's like 80% tea, 20% sugar.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Slaven on September 01, 2011, 04:45:31 PM
Haha, down here we have iced tea all the time. I call it heart attack in a cup cause it's like 80% tea, 20% sugar.

Lol, just how it's meant to be :D
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Slaven

You would love my tea then. :P I make it old southern style, like my grandmother taught me to. :P

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Slaven on September 01, 2011, 08:16:19 PM
You would love my tea then. :P I make it old southern style, like my grandmother taught me to. :P

Why does this ^ make me gutter?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Jag

I make good sweet tea (I've been told), but I don't drink it.

Slaven

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 01, 2011, 08:25:41 PM
Why does this ^ make me gutter?

Mebbe?

Quote from: Michi No Sora on September 01, 2011, 08:29:04 PM

never try it. It's habit forming. :(

undisclosedtoyou

My mom used to make a whole huge thing of iced tea, when I was young, sun brewing it all day.  I remember not liking it though, probably because it was Lipton tea bags, ew.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Oniya

Quote from: Michi No Sora on September 01, 2011, 08:29:04 PM

The stuff at McD's is known locally as 'diabetes in a cup'.

I'll add just a little sugar to herbal blends, a spoonful to the cheap stuff (plus milk).  I learned the hard way not to add milk to fruit teas. ::)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17