News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Started by Wolfy, November 29, 2011, 11:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semantics

Got into a couple beta weekends and pre-ordered.

Loved the way the the flow and feel of each class story felt different from the last.

grdell

I was in the beta for a few months and watched a lot of the late-stage evolution. It truly is an awesome game (even if I did have to keep restarting characters every time they wiped the servers because an update rendered the old characters incompatible - but that's neither here nor there), and I pre-ordered it a long time ago. I'm playing it on launch, and I fully agree that we should have Elliquiy Guild(s).
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Ryven

Quote from: grdell on December 09, 2011, 10:29:46 AM
I was in the beta for a few months and watched a lot of the late-stage evolution. It truly is an awesome game (even if I did have to keep restarting characters every time they wiped the servers because an update rendered the old characters incompatible - but that's neither here nor there), and I pre-ordered it a long time ago. I'm playing it on launch, and I fully agree that we should have Elliquiy Guild(s).

Since not much of my guild seems to be playing it, I might just go ahead and make my main character in the E guild.  Would love to play with all of you. :-)  As long as your Sith, that is. ;)

Brandon

I think it would be best to have 2 guilds, one Republic and one Sith with both called Elliquiy and on seperate servers. Although considering the definition of Elliquiy Im unsure it would meet TOR's naming standards for a guild but since I havnt seen them I cant be sure at this point in time.

If such a guild isnt formed by the time I can get into the game Ill take the initiative as its creator and leader.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Ryven

Thanks.  I'm not much for being a guild leader, but I do enjoy playing in a group environment and lending a hand. :-)

Aiden

My wow friends are going to be on the server, Corellian Run and I would not mind having those from E there as well and making it a "central" server. I am still not sure of the time zone but this is where you will be able to find me.

Jacqueline

Just as a little information, the swtor-rp community chose two super roleplay servers, one for the US (Lord Adraas), and another for the EU (The Progenitor).

Brandon

well I will be playing on a RP server so Lord Adraas it is
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Pumpkin Seeds

Ryven

I have created a bounty hunter on Lord Adraas.

Brandon

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on December 15, 2011, 10:48:53 PM
Is an Elliquiy guild forming?

To the best of my knowledge at this point in time there is no guild formed.

In the future if one has not yet been made I will make one on Lord Adraas server sith side and if possible Republic side too (if thats not possible the republic guild will be on another server). Problem is, my computer cant run the game at this point in time so I need to save up to build a new one and due to my recent trip to the bottom of the world (and christmas) money is tight.

When I am able to get into the game I will create the guild. I intend to name it Elliquiy (thoughI still have to consult the guild naming rules to see if that is appropriate) and make the requirements to join simply be an active account on the forums here so we know everyones mature and not an asshole. My hope is to make the guild a large variety, having daily teams made for flashpoints and even operations, roleplay opportunity, and organized PVP teams.

I will eventually need a few officers but officers in the guild wont be "your an officer" type thing. I run my guilds personally and I assign a specific duty position to officers. So there will be one major recruitment officer (although I consider recruitment the job of all officers and myself), an event organizing officer, a teacher (to teach new players the ins and outs of instances and PVP but I often take up this position as well), class officers (to be there to give constructive input to players who are new to classes or curious about ones they havnt played) a policy officer, etc, etc, etc. At start I wont be to worried about all of that though. When we need more structure Ill get everyting organized and it'll probably be several weeks before I can get into the game anyway

Eventually something I would like to do is something Stryke force (a CoH guild I joined a few years ago) did where groups within the guild get together to level and experience new roles with guild mates. This helped teach us about the other roles and what they excelled at as well as what problems came with the role. So for example I intend to level a sith juggernaught first (tank all the way) and lets say Wolfy plays a Imperial agent gone operative to heal. When the next time comes around maybe wolfy wants to level a jugg and I take heals or dps, allowing us to pull from each others experience as we level together

Chris Brady

I have a general question, can you make a Light Side Bounty Hunter?  Or go full neutral with a non-jedi class? (as by nature Jedi and Sith tend to gravitate, forcefully *snigger* to one side or the other.)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Brandon

Quote from: Chris Brady on December 16, 2011, 06:18:55 PM
I have a general question, can you make a Light Side Bounty Hunter?  Or go full neutral with a non-jedi class? (as by nature Jedi and Sith tend to gravitate, forcefully *snigger* to one side or the other.)

Well theres two parts to that question. Most people think that light side automatically means youre on the republic side and dark side means youre automatically on the Imperial side. This is not the case

Classes end up joining whatever side they are supposed to. So bounty hunters will be on the Sith empire's side. However this still allows people to play their style of character. If you want to be a Light side bounty hunter, inqusitor, warrior, or agent you can. Likewise you can be a light side or dark side Jedi, Trooper, or smuggler. Its all about the choices you make as the character

EbonyQueen

I have started playing on Lord Adraas as well. Though a limited scope due to my schedule. I have actually seen some RP going on, which made me happy, but I've not had the chance to really get involved in any or do -anything- with a group.

Aiden

Quote from: Aiden on December 12, 2011, 06:28:30 PM
My wow friends are going to be on the server, Corellian Run and I would not mind having those from E there as well and making it a "central" server. I am still not sure of the time zone but this is where you will be able to find me.

Went to "Wall of Light" instead.

I'll probably be rolling on the RP server in time.

What is everyone playing on that? I am playing sith already, I do want to give Jedi's lore an attempt...if I can get over the hippy douchebag crap.  >:)

Pumpkin Seeds

Brandon

Since some people are in the game now, can you role two characters on the same side on a server? or is it like warhammer where if you make a Republic character you cant make any Imperial characters on that server?

On a similar note, how many character slots per server do you get? or is it limited by overall characters like Aion where you could only make 8 of them?

Also for Republic side I was considering a commando, focused in healing

grdell

Quote from: Brandon on December 17, 2011, 06:24:13 PM
Since some people are in the game now, can you role two characters on the same side on a server? or is it like warhammer where if you make a Republic character you cant make any Imperial characters on that server?

Yes, you can make both Republic and Imperial characters on the same server.

On a similar note, how many character slots per server do you get? or is it limited by overall characters like Aion where you could only make 8 of them?

You can make 8 characters per server.
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Pumpkin Seeds

I really don't know.  Every class looks so great.  The Smuggler storyline though sounds intriguing with swashbuckling romance.

Aiden

That's the class I plan to play when i roll on the RP server. I want a Wookie!

Pumpkin Seeds

I wanna look like a cowgirl!  :: tips her wide brimmed hat:: Howdy!

Chris Brady

This video is selling more me on SWToR than any review or serious gamer blog is doing...

Darth Underpants Shakes His Groove Thing

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Aiden

That is one of the hidden ways to max out your dark side, shaking it on a pile of skulls then a pool of blood. It was awesome!  XD

Chris Brady

Too bad there's no 10 day demo or the like yet.  I played in one of the early beta's, so I'm wondering what changed.  And I want to play something other than a Smuggler, which I didn't get too far in...