News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest Check: Pathfinder Ravenloft Game

Started by CharlieSariel, January 07, 2012, 08:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schnookums

Hrm, Muse brought this up to me and it sounds interesting enough for me to throw my hat into the ring.

Callie Del Noire

We need a punch monkey (fighter), or a healer or a sneak

I am a sorta healer WITH bombs

CharlieSariel

To be fair, at this point, we're just looking for interest and concepts.  Don't feel pressured to fit the "perfect" party combination or anything.

And thanks for your interest schnookums.  :)

Current Posting Rate - Approximately 1 to 2 posts per week

Callie Del Noire

Just as long as I get to play my "midnight bomber what bombs at midnight, bwahahahahaha baby! Boom!"

http://www.thetick.ws/wavs/boombaby.wav

CharlieSariel

Because it might become important in the game, I have updated the main game write up with the Faiths and Religions portion in more detail.

At present, we have the following suggested character concepts:
- Callie wants to play an Alchemist
- Muse wants to play a Wizard
- Sabriel has expressed interest in an Inquisitor concept.

- schnookums has expressed interest in the game without getting into character specifics.

The game is still open to expressions of interest, and I am still seeking players.

Chajesdad

Muse keyed me in to this game, and I saw the spread that you have going here. I like the dynamics, we should have plenty of occult aide (divine and arcane by the looks). I was hoping to play a second-story man, rogue, with  focus on toy (magical) usage. This comes as a viably useful opening, a side to the party that I just didn't see available before. I wish to have a rather colorful character though only marginally unlawful.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

Amethyst Dreams

Looks interesting enough.  Seems like close-line warriors are missing.  I'm willing to pitch with either a barbarian or samurai, if those are permissible.
                                                                                                    A/A Update (16/4)

Muse

The setting is based on the British Isles, Amythest.  But i bet a barbarian would fit.  (Maybe a highlander with a Scottish style claymore.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Amethyst Dreams

Aye, barbarian it must be then, though I had hoped for a small chance of having a wanderer from the east :P.  I guess I'll get to working on one, and if there is still a spot available, at least he'll be ready.
                                                                                                    A/A Update (16/4)

CharlieSariel

Thanks for the interest fellows!

Chajesdad:  I'd love to see the sheet when it's put together.
Amethyst:  While I'm absolutely not going to tell you not to play a barbarian, given that it's appropriate for the overall setting, I do wish to advise you that there will be stretches of the game in the cities, as well as in the wilds.  As with Chajesdad... I'd love to see the sheet regardless of your decision!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: CharlieSariel on January 17, 2012, 07:33:51 PM
Thanks for the interest fellows!

Chajesdad:  I'd love to see the sheet when it's put together.
Amethyst:  While I'm absolutely not going to tell you not to play a barbarian, given that it's appropriate for the overall setting, I do wish to advise you that there will be stretches of the game in the cities, as well as in the wilds.  As with Chajesdad... I'd love to see the sheet regardless of your decision!

I suddenly have the image of a scottish savage running around in a kilt. :D

Amethyst Dreams

A curse of Mythweavers (well not really :P since I can see the reason for it) for the delay since I got my character finished.  I've decided to go with the Barbarian after all, given the nature of the setting.  Until mythweavers is back up, I'll just give a little about him so that a general idea can be garnered:

Dorn Cannack (Barbarian 2)
STR 16 (+2 for human bonus), DEX 13, CON 14, INT 10, WIS 12, CHA 14
Skills: Climb +8, Intimidate +7, Perception +6, Survival +6, Swim +8
                                                                                                    A/A Update (16/4)

Amethyst Dreams

Well, I've transferred Dorn Cannack to plothook (given that we might have to wait for a little too long with Myth-Weavers), and hope he'll meet with approval.
                                                                                                    A/A Update (16/4)

Kuje

Well, if you all need a healer type I can fall back on one of my favorite character classes which is the druid. I mean really, any game set in the old British Isles needs a druid. I think I got most of the mechanics down, least I hope I do and correctly.

Bradven
Male Human Druid 2
Lawful Neutral Medium Humanoid (Human)
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 11
Ini +6
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed: 12.
hp 15 (2d8)
Base Atk Melee: 1; Base Attack Range: 3 + range; CMB: 1; CMD: 13
Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 7
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.

--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Feats: Improved Ini, Natural Spell
Skills: Fly 4, Handle Animal 4, Heal 3, Know Nature 4, Percep 4, Spellcraft 4, Survival 4,
Languages Common, Druidic, Elven, Sylvan

Spells:
DC: 14 + Spell Level
Spells Per Day: 0th: 4, 1st: 3

Meloueg - Hawk Animal Companion.
3HD. BAB: 4. Fort: 4. Ref: 5. Will: 3.
Skills: Fly, Acrobatics, Perception.
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Improved Ini.
Tricks: Down

Gear: Traveler's Outfit. Sickle. (2) Short spears. Leather Armor. Backpack w/ Flint & Steel, (4) Trail rations, (4) Fish hooks, Explorer's Outfit, and (2) Waterskins. Wooden Holy Symbol. Spell Component Pouch. 30 Gold Pieces.

swordwind

Aaric Wisler: http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=10079

All places of power need someone to work behind the scenes. Someone to gather information, deal with unknown issues, and discover what to do when things take a turn for the worse. All in the name of a nation, creed, idea, or faith. Aaric discovered that people like this existed and wanted nothing more then to be like that.

Brought up in Kaerlud with his farther and mother. He learned the family trade quickly. His father being a pickpocket  and his mother a high end courtesan. His hands and words were trained well.  With his upbringing he lived very well, as much one can be within a brothel, and he became fascinated by the people he met and saw.

Lower class to upper class came and went within the establishment and he picked up bits of information from person to person. He noticed the weave of lies people took great pains to conceal and the gems they careless left within grasp of a roaming hand.

During a typical day he tended the tables and rooms of the establishment while at night he worked with his father. Bringing in the coin that some didn't think they had to pay for. Anyone that dealt with his mother in poor fashion he was quick remember and dealt with within the week.

Years came and went and his father was sadly stuck down my the flu, unable to pay the outrageous prices the clergy wanted for a cure. His mother retired to a stone house within the upper class district of the city. Having made enough connections throughout life to live peacefully. This left Aaric to his own devices and it was then that he discovered the nightlife of the city had it's own people that came and went.

Thieves, murders, blackmarket merchants, information brokers, and best of all women. Everything an aspiring young man would find terribly exciting. He dove into the night world and quickly became a local name in some districts within Kaerlud. He worked for local merchants that wanted a problem dealt with or competitor that needed to have a shipment not show up. It was good work and Aaric did a good job at keeping his hands clean when the local militia came up.

Hell if your hands were to be chopped off or your tongue cut out you made yourself a ghost till things calmed down. Everything was going well until the miracle came to town. The blackmarket merchants went nuts. Everyone who was anyone had to know what was going on within that building or how such a thing could happen. Aaric was interested as well but he didn't touch things were gods could come into the equation.

It wasn't until his local companions started to act off that he took a more personal interest. This church was going to do something that didn't sit right with him. It was changing his world and that of everyone within the city. He had to find out what was going on. Upon hearing that the goverment was getting involved he decided that it was best he go help. He needed a few things cleared up so he would hang from a noose within the month anyways.

Chajesdad

Jada Marnaut "Jade"
Female Human Rogue 2 | [Chaotic Good]   
DESCRIPTION
Age 18
Looks Auburn hair, Emerald eyes          Height/Weight 5 tall, 110 lbs. (Medium)
Homeland ____________________     Deity Pantheon
Campaign ____________________     Representing Chajesdad

STRENGTH
12 (+1)   
DEXTERITY
16 (+3)
CONSTITUTION
10 (+0)
INTELLIGENCE
14 (+2)
WISDOM
11 (+0)
CHARISMA
14 (+2)

HIT POINTS
HP 16
Current HP
Initiative +3 = 3 [Dex]
Action Points (Lifetime) 6

SKILLS
SKILL   Total + Ability Mod. + Ranks + Misc.
Acrobatics*   +7 = DEX 3+1+3
Appraise   +6 = INT 2+1+3
Bluff   +6 = CHA 2+1+3
Climb*   +6 = STR 1+2+3
Craft    Jeweler +6 = INT 2+1+3
Diplomacy   +2 = CHA 2+0+0
Disable Device*†   +8 = DEX 3+2+3
Disguise   +6 = CHA 2+1+3
Escape Artist*   +7 = DEX 3+1+3
Fly*   +3 = DEX 3+0+0
Handle Animal†   +2 = CHA 2+0+0
Heal   +0 = WIS 0+0+0
Intimidate   +2 = CHA 2+0+0
K (Arcana)†   +2 = INT 2+0+0
K (Dungeoneering)†   +6 = INT 2+1+3
K (Engineering)†   +2 = INT 2+0+0
K (Geography)†   +2 = INT 2+0+0
K (History)†   +2 = INT 2+0+0
K (Local)†   +6 = INT 2+1+3
K (Nature)†   +2 = INT 2+0+0
K (Nobility)†   +2 = INT 2+0+0
K (Planes)†   +2 = INT 2+0+0
K (Religion)†   +2 = INT 2+0+0
Linguistics†   +6 = INT 2+1+3
Perception   +5 = WIS 0+2+3
Perform   +2 = CHA 2+0+0
Perform   +2 = CHA 2+0+0
Profession†Cook   +4 = WIS 0+1+3
Ride   +3 = DEX 3+0+0
Sense Motive   +4 = WIS 0+1+3
Sleight of Hand*†   +3 = DEX 3+0+0
Spellcraft†   +10 = INT 2+2+3+2 [Magical Aptitude] +1 [Classically schooled]
Stealth*   +8 = DEX 3+2+3
Survival   +0 = WIS 0+0+0
Swim*   +5 = STR 1+1+3
Use Magic Device†   +12 = CHA 2+2+3+2 [Magical Aptitude]+3 [Skill Focus]

* Armor Check Penalty 0
† Trained Only

EQUIPMENT

2g Cold Iron (Brass) Knuckles
5 Padded Armor
22g Silver Dagger
- Wooden Stake
10 Shortsword
50 MW thieves tools
150 Mighty Composite Shortbow
7 MW arrows (20)
1 arrows (20)

1 Jeweler's Outfit (Wire Monacle, Apron, gloves)
55 Jeweler's Kit
25 1/2 pound gold
10 silver 2lb
1 copper 2lb

15 Hand cart
1 Cook's Outfit (Apron, pair of leather gloves)
55g MW Spice Kit
55 MW cooks equipment
9 Light Steel Shield
9 Light Steel Shield
6 Hand Axe
6 Hand Axe
10 Shortsword
2 Dagger
2 Dagger
2 Bear Trap
2 Waterskin (2)
2 Half Barrel
2 Half barrel
110 Everburning torch

-- Dice Ox knuckles
3 Darts(6) Marked for play between two

50 MW backpack effective 13 Str for carry
--Explorer's Outfit
10 Explorer's Outfit
110 Everburning torch

NOTES

110 gold remaining

Class trick Weapon Finesse
Base Speed [ 30 (6 sq.) ]

AC [14] = 10 + 1 [Padded] +3 [Dex]
Touch AC [13]    Flat-Footed [11]

BASE ATTACK BONUS
+1
Basic Melee Attack +2
Basic Ranged Attack +4

Weapon
Attack Bonus
Critical
Cold Iron (Brass) Knuckles   4   x2
B         1d3+1
Type
Range
Ammo
Damage

Weapon
Attack Bonus
Critical
Dagger   4   19-20x2
P   10   2   1d4+1
Type
Range
Ammo
Damage

Weapon
Attack Bonus
Critical
Shortbow MC +1 Str   4(5)   x3
P   70   20(20)   1d6+1
Type
Range
Ammo
Damage

Weapon
Attack Bonus
Critical
Shortsword   4   19-20x2
P         1d6+1
Type
Range
Ammo
Damage

FORTITUDE SAVE
+0    = 0 [base] +0 [Con]
REFLEX SAVE
+6    = 3 [base] +3 [Dex]
WILL SAVE
+0    = 0 [base] +0 [Wis]

CMB
+2    = 1 [BAB] +1 [Str] +0 [size]
CMD
+15    = 1 [BAB] +1 [Str] +3 [Dex] +0 [size] + 10
FEATS
Magical Aptitude
Skill Focus [Use Magic Device]

TRAITS
Improvisational Equipment
Classically Schooled
CARRYING CAPACITY
Light Load: 43lbs.
Medium Load: 86lbs.
Heavy Load: 130lbs.
Lift Over Head: 130lbs.
Lift Off Ground: 260lbs.
Push or Drag: 650lbs.   
LANGUAGES
Common
2 Bonus Languages (Int)
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Human
Bonus Feat: One extra feat at 1st level
Skilled: +1 skill rank per level
Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages)

Rogue
Evasion
1 Rogue Talents
Trapfinding
Sneak Attack +1d6

EXPERIENCE POINTS
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

Muse

Name: Aiden Nightstone
Race: Human
Class: Wizard (Evoker: Cannot Enchant or Illusion) 2
Appearence: Small, waifish platinum blond gilr in indigo wizard's robes. 
Motivation:  Make her parents proud of what she's done with the art they taught her before

going to sea.  (They have yet to return.)
Experience: 1,000

Str    8   +1
Dex   12   +1
Con   12   +1
Int   20   +5
wis   10   +0
Chrs   11   +0

Hit Points   11

Armor Class   11(15 with Mage Armor)

Saving Throws:
Fort   0   +1
Refl   0   +1
Will   3   +5

Base Attack   +1
--Melee   +0
--Missile +2
----CMB +2
----CMD 13

Quarterstaff
--TAB +0
--Damage d6-1
--Crit 20X2

Light Crossbow (Masterwork Bolts)
--TAB +3
--Damage d8
--Critical 19X2
--5LBS

Dagger
--TAB +0 or +2
--Damage d4-1
--critical 19X2
--1 LBS

Class Abilities:
Arcane Bond:  "The Nightstone":  A golden ring set with a silver flecked saphire. 
Cantrips:
Concentration:  d20+13 (Class +2, Intelegence +5, Trait +2, Feat +4)
Evocation Arcane School:
--Intense Spells (Su):  Whenever you cast an evocation spell that deals hit point damage,

add 1/2 your wizard level to the damage (minimum +1). This bonus only applies once to a

spell, not once per missile or ray, and cannot be split between multiple missiles or rays.

This bonus damage is not increased by Empower Spell or similar effects. This damage is of

the same type as the spell. At 20th level, whenever you cast an evocation spell you can

roll twice to penetrate a creature's spell resistance and take the better result.
--Force Missile (Sp):  As a standard action you can unleash a force missile that

automatically strikes a foe, as magic missile. The force missile deals 1d4 points of

damage plus the damage from your intense spells evocation power. This is a force effect.

You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence

modifier.

Feats: 
Combat Casting
Cypher Script
Scribe SCroll

Skills: 
Appraise      2 +3 +5
Craft: Alchemy      2 +3 +5 +1   =d20+11
Craft: Scribe      1 +3 +5 +2   =d20+11
K. Arcana      2 +3 +5
K. Local: Britania   2 +3 +5
K. History      2 +3 +5
K. Religion      1 +3 +5   
Linguistics      2 +3 +5
Spellcraft      2 +3 +5

Langueges: 
Common: Britania
Draconic
?
?
?
?
?
?

Spells/Day:
L 0   
E. Spark
1  Light
2  Mending
3  Message
4  Prestidigitation

L 1
E. Burning Hands

2  Mage Armor

Spellbook:
Alarm
Burning Hands
Endure Elements
Floating Disk
Grease
Identify
Jump
Magic Missile
Mage Armor
Mount
Peace Bond
Snapdragon Fireworks
Unseen Servant

Scroll Case: 
--Scrolls (L2): Mount, Unseen Servant
Wizard Robes

Backpack, Masterwork
--Alchemist's Fire X2
--Alchemist's Kindness X10
--Antitoxin X1
--Antiplauge X2
--Blood Block X3
--Body Balm
--Sun Rods X3

Clothing, Adventurer's Sash
--Alchemist's Fire X2
--Flint and Steel
--Antiplauge X1
--Antitoxin X2
--Blood Block X3
--Body Balm
--Holy Water X2
--Potion of Cure Light Wounds
--Spell Book
--Spell Component Pouch
--Sun Rods X2
--Tinder Twigs X10
--Wand of Mage Armor Charges: 15

Pack Mule
Saddle, Pack
--Alchemist's Lab, Portable
--Alchemist's Kindness X20
--Alchemist's Fire X2
--Antitoxin X2
--Antiplauge X2
--Masterwork Artisan's Tools: Scribe
--Crowbar
--Grappling Hook
--50' Rope, Silk
--Shovel
--Sun Rods X10
--Tinder Twigs X20

Bodice Purse: 
2  Platinum
5  Gold

Purse: 
2  Gold
9  Silver
10 Copper
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

swordwind

*opens door, looks about, waits a moment, then closes the door, turns towards the crowd* Not yet

yesiroleplay

Ashlyn d'Parkeville
  • Human Female LG Paladin of The Champion, Level 2, Init +1, HP 20/20, Speed 20
  • AC 20(+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex), Touch 11, Flat-footed 19, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +5, Base Attack Bonus 2
  • Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 15
  • Condition None
  • Equipment:

• Field Plate Armor -
    • Heavy Steel Shield -
    • Longsword - +7/1d8+4

The village of Parkeville is a tiny place, typical of the southlands.  A quite hamlet just south of the Westroad and only a few hours walk from the gates of Kaerlud, the town is distinguished from hundreds just like it only by proximity to the Royal Parke.

The largest old-growth woodland in the area is protected from encroachment by Royal Decree - and more importantly by a royal bailiff and his deputies.  The Parke is preserved as a hunting reserve for the royal family and their privileged guests, the hunting lodge nestled at its northern access serves as headquarters for the bailiff and employment for many of the locals when there are royals in residence.

The village has no mayor - most of the functions of that office are handled by the bailiff.  The locals look to Josh of Parkeville as their representative and leader if they think of such matters at all.  Officially, Josh is a farmer, one of the most successful in the southlands.  He is also a druid of considerable power and even greater influence, and he oversees worship at one of the oldest stone circles on the Isle.  The fact that this circle lies within the King's Parke might explain why the preserve has so well resisted encroachment.

Josh's wife Breanne is the village midwife and hedge-healer, much respected by the local women-folk.  They have 5 children, all sans one settled into the local community as farmers or tradesmen or the wives of farmers and tradesmen.

Their problem child is Ashlyn - a proud and strong and healthy girl of wild imagination and small intellect.  It's not obvious from her appearance, which is striking and lovely, but Ashlyn might charitably be described as 'not all there.'  Less charitable folk describe her as 'dumb as a fence post'.

She tends to take things at face value, and prefers action over the wordplay she can so rarely follow.  She believes her father's Druidic teachings with a profoundly stupid acceptance of metaphor as fact.  She's also obedient, eager to please, and did I mention strong?  Her services are much in demand any time heavy work is required, as her limited range of focus and her strong back got the job done in short order.

Tenacity and an eagerness to please are perhaps her defining character traits, and along with her strength of arm earned her the attention of a young noblewoman visiting the King's hunting lodge.  The young noble was passionate and bright and at the age where injustice outraged her into activism.   And her most passionate cause was the plight of women in society. 

Feminism is a label for an attitude women have shared throughout history, and rarely been positioned to realize.  Young Lady Marguette wanted to change things, and a girl stronger than any of the boys was a weapon she desired in her struggle.

Sponsoring a mere girl to squire into one of the Knightly orders proved impossible.  Despite her family position and her considerable persuasive skill, Marguette could not get a mere peasant girl into any of the major brotherhoods.  The best she could manage was to enroll Ashlyn into a minor order of holy warriors.  Warriors - not even a knightly order.  Ashlyn didn't care and did what Maguette suggested.  Marguette was pretty and she never laughed at her and she smelled nice.  Besides, brutal hours of weapon practice were easier than building rock walls or pitching hay. They made her study theo… ology and meta… something, but once she learned the rotes the instructors seemed satisfied even if she obviously failed to grasp much of the meaning.  Ashlyn was very good at rote.

Mastery of rote helped with the instructors, and a desire to please and a strong back and natural athletic ability helped Ashlyn fit in with her fellow warriors.  Her fellows respected her skill at arms and shielded her from the need to speak to outsiders and they teased her less than had the kids back in Parkeville. For the most part she seemed happy with her position even after Marguette stopped visiting.

The young paladin was fuzzy on the details of how she ended up in the audience chamber in answer to a call for adventurers, but it must be something important or she wouldn't be there.

Callie Del Noire

I like her yes.. but don't you want to slip her a few points of wis so she can have some spells? Poor girl could use a little wisdom loving (makes a note to give her a circlet of wisdom +∞ sometime. )

yesiroleplay

I am well aware that she can't cast spells, and that detect evil isn't all that useful in a Ravenloft realm.
I might try to sweet-talk the DM into letting her exchange spellcasting for another class feature - maybe a feat every other level starting at 4th?

Even if not - I like her limitations.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: yesiroleplay on January 23, 2012, 12:23:17 PM
I am well aware that she can't cast spells, and that detect evil isn't all that useful in a Ravenloft realm.
I might try to sweet-talk the DM into letting her exchange spellcasting for another class feature - maybe a feat every other level starting at 4th?

Even if not - I like her limitations.

I like her too. :D Check out the Archetypes.. might have somethign there.

AndyZ

IIRC, Complete Divine from 3.5 had some suggestions for paladins without spells.  They just gave them alternate powers.  Might be worth looking into as an option.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Muse

He he he he. 

News flash, peeps.  Pathfinder paladins cast off of charisma.  ;)

yesiroleplay

Hey wow!  They do? They do!  Sweet.  I guess.
I was sorta in love with the idea she was gimped, but I'll take it.