Let Us Sing a Sad Song for Australia

Started by Inkidu, November 01, 2009, 04:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

I recently heard that their government regulated video game raters are not allowing Left 4 Dead 2 to be sold in the Continent/Island/Country. On a positive note. The zombie apocalypse is probably not hitting them too hard when it comes.

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Either that, or it will hit there harder than anywhere else, seeing as the populace will not have the opportunity to sharpen their zombie-fighting skills.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on November 01, 2009, 05:06:22 PM
Either that, or it will hit there harder than anywhere else, seeing as the populace will not have the opportunity to sharpen their zombie-fighting skills.
Then again they might do fine. We'll be easy targets because we'll all be yelling about lag, and cheaters while the zombies sneak up on us.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Uhm... you might wanna recheck your sources. Its only been censored. Still being released. EVen so, I won't be getting it. I'm ordering the uncensored version from over seas.

Doomsday

Not too sad for them even if it was totally banned (I guess it's not as Sabby says). L4D1 was a terrible disappointment in my eyes. It just felt like a bunch of mini-games. Sure killing zombies is fun but I was expecting... I don't know. A long campaign mode? And an open-world game was what I was really hoping for.

Archermonkey

Quote from: Oniya on November 01, 2009, 05:06:22 PM

Are you kidding?  In Australia we have three kinds of animals.  Things with big claws and teeth; things that are venomous; and sheep.  Trust me, you don't want to piss off the sheep.  The zombies won't stand a chance.

Plus, I'll be getting my survival t-shirts printed up soon, which should help.  "Fellow Zombie - DO NOT EAT" will be emblazoned across my chest and back in large letters..
I'm back!  I can't guarantee any specific schedule right now, but I'm trying to get going as best I can.
If I've been in a game with you in the past and you want to restart it, please let me know!  I've sent out a bunch of PMs about this, but I know I have to send more.

[tr][td]       [/td][td]

~-~  ~-~  ~-~
How to make the Monkey happy
~-~  ~-~  ~-~
[/td][td]       [/td][td]*

[/td][td]         [/td][td]
My upcoming posts:
Bah Humbug, Bitch
The Devil's Deal
The Golden Spectre of Slavery <G>
[/td][td]         [/td][/tr][/table]

Doomsday

Quote from: Archermonkey on November 02, 2009, 02:44:36 AM
Are you kidding?  In Australia we have three kinds of animals.  Things with big claws and teeth; things that are venomous; and sheep.  Trust me, you don't want to piss off the sheep.  The zombies won't stand a chance.

Plus, I'll be getting my survival t-shirts printed up soon, which should help.  "Fellow Zombie - DO NOT EAT" will be emblazoned across my chest and back in large letters..

Hehe. This reminded me of a Cracked article I recently read.

In 2004, a man tried to stab Jumer Selimovski, who retaliated by shooting the man in the hand. Since then, Jumer hasn't felt safe, so he picked up his family and moved elsewhere. Even in the new house he didn't feel safe, believing he heard footsteps on his roof and swearing to cops that he was the victim of "disturbing events." We couldn't find any details, but this is Australia, where they wake up and have to kill five of the most deadly insects on Earth to go to the crapper, so we're guessing this was a bit more intense than your usual drunken shenanigans. So, with a family to protect, he did what any sane man would do.

Archermonkey

Quote from: Darkly Dreaming Doomsday on November 02, 2009, 02:57:15 AM
Hehe. This reminded me of a Cracked article I recently read.

In 2004, a man tried to stab Jumer Selimovski, who retaliated by shooting the man in the hand. Since then, Jumer hasn't felt safe, so he picked up his family and moved elsewhere. Even in the new house he didn't feel safe, believing he heard footsteps on his roof and swearing to cops that he was the victim of "disturbing events." We couldn't find any details, but this is Australia, where they wake up and have to kill five of the most deadly insects on Earth to go to the crapper, so we're guessing this was a bit more intense than your usual drunken shenanigans. So, with a family to protect, he did what any sane man would do.

*Snickers*  I love Cracked.

Oh, re: Zombie Apocalypse, I should have mentioned, we run annual drills in my hometown.  We should be fine.
I'm back!  I can't guarantee any specific schedule right now, but I'm trying to get going as best I can.
If I've been in a game with you in the past and you want to restart it, please let me know!  I've sent out a bunch of PMs about this, but I know I have to send more.

[tr][td]       [/td][td]

~-~  ~-~  ~-~
How to make the Monkey happy
~-~  ~-~  ~-~
[/td][td]       [/td][td]*

[/td][td]         [/td][td]
My upcoming posts:
Bah Humbug, Bitch
The Devil's Deal
The Golden Spectre of Slavery <G>
[/td][td]         [/td][/tr][/table]

Sabby

Put a dozen zombies in a street with a Casowary... just as effective as 4 people with shotguns.

No, serious, those things are mean. They would kick those zombies about like soccer balls.

Inkidu

Quote from: BlackSabbyth on November 02, 2009, 07:41:10 AM
Put a dozen zombies in a street with a Casowary... just as effective as 4 people with shotguns.

No, serious, those things are mean. They would kick those zombies about like soccer balls.
Yeah but then there's the possibility of zombie-Casowary.