Interest Check: Tenra Bansho Zero

Started by ShadowFox89, January 26, 2017, 01:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Having recently acquired the pdf of the system after perusing the details on the system, I would like to give running this a shot. I have one player already and have a basic idea of a story worked out, but would like to see about getting one or two (or more, if possible) players interested in the idea.

War is brewing between the Midland and Northland kingdoms. Travel and trade between the two lands has become tense, border guards set up along towns. Small clashes have occurred between citizens of the two lands, and it's just a matter of time before all out war occurs. In these dark times, several travelers have been summoned to one such border town, the message simple: "Will you fight for peace?"

edit: Character Sheet

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Concept:
Archetypes: (karma/attribute)

Vitality: /Max:
Soul: /Max:

Kiai: Current- Spent-

fates
Fates:
Name: Cost

wounds
Wounds:
X Light (Body)
X Heavy (Body/2)
X Critical (Body/4)
X1 Dead

Body- 
Unarmed Combat:
Wormcharm:

Agility-
Movement:
Melee Weapons:
Evasion:
Stealth:
Ninjutsu:
Criminal Arts:

Senses-
First Aid:
Notice:
Marksman:
Hunt:
Forgery:

Empathy-
Persuasion:
Pillow Arts:
Perform:

Station-
Etiquette:
Strategy:
Shinto:
Art of Rule:
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheFourthShade

I'm interested but I have to convert my character to that sheet format.  Remind me tomorrow, if you would, friend.

Inerrant Lust

Putting my interest down. Not sure quite what I would play, though...

caelcormac

I'd live a chance to dust off my books. I would play almost anything but my top choices would be an Annelidist or a Ninja

TheFourthShade

The character I designed is a wandering entertainer.

ShadowFox89

So, there's a couple ways this game could go, assuming I've still got the players. One direction is playing out the Seven Samurais storyline; it isn't about surviving, it's about how badass you are when you go out. Fighting off hordes of soldiers, dueling with great generals. A shorter game, but one that should hopefully burn bright. Another is more an episodic like Legend of Zelda, going from location to location to acquire the MacGuffin needed to stop a rising evil.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheFourthShade

While I favor the latter, the former sounds all right too.

Inerrant Lust

YAT!

HYUT!

HAAT!

...I really want to play a mute elfey bishonen just for the challenge of writing a character with no dialogue but that's not quite original, is it? <_<

caelcormac

Not quite, but why let that stop you?

And I approve of any and call Zelda themed activities

ShadowFox89

Not much activity on this, are you three still interested?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheFourthShade

Featherfall

I would also be willing to join in on this, if you still have room.

caelcormac

Still interested. Looking to be a standard by the book Annelidist since I couldn't think of any modifications that made me happier than the basic Talon/Mouthcreeper/Rejuvenation set up.

TheFourthShade

My idea is a wandering entertainer who has suffered a great loss.  She'd have some fighting ability and more than a little social ability, but ultimately she'd be on the lower end of the power scale.

MiraMirror

Kind of surprised that nobody's done a meikyo armo-Oh wait, meikyo armor pilots are typically little kids, aren't they?
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

ShadowFox89

I guess? This is honestly my first experience with the system, so I'm not going to be a hardliner for that stuff.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

MiraMirror

From what I recall, meikyo pilots were little kids due to the soul mirrors inside that require pure souls to really operate correctly.   Otherwise, they do some pretty bad stuff.   If I could come up with a way to say that an older character's soul is pure, maybe?  Not sure how, though, outside of long-term isolation from the rest of the world.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

caelcormac

There are also the less powerful mechs that are able to be driven by adults. Or we just handwave your character to be old enough and not worry about it