Arpeggio of Blue Steel Recruitment Thread (new Players welcome!)

Started by Mac84, January 16, 2014, 08:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliteempire

Its will be hard enough running with a Non-male Char. I'll be hard pressed too run two battleships though If I pick it up later....I might toss in a Carrier and the PA. Also yay, Tirpitz is mine and I shall name it Fl..I mean Trap.

Mac84

Mac84

kongo

Interested in participating. Tell me what you need. Just finished Cadenza and reading the Magna now...my namesake, Kongo, was my favorite, but I have some other ideas for characters too, if you're going with originals...
Every heart must play its part...

Mac84

Hello Kongo, and yes I liked Anime Kongo a lot. You'll find the Manga much more expansive. :D

As far as character Ideas, I would love to hear them. I just ask that you follow the criteria.

No Ships that have already appeared in the Manga (We're following more the manga (Loosely) than we are the series.)

They can not be "Modern" Warships. "Ships that are WWII. WWI-Refit, Post WWI, and Pre WWII please.

All types of ships, and Nationalities are accepted.

kongo

Ishizuchi is a prototype for the Kongo-class fast battleship. She has more mains (5x2 vs 4x2) but they are 305s vs 356). Armor slightly less, speed slightly less. I actually use this ship in World of Warships, great fighter, but not as much durabililty, better stealth though.

How I would do her story...

Ishizuchi (or Ishi as she prefers) was one of of the first mental models tests done (she is more properly a fast battle cruiser than a BB). She was assigned to Yamato's security detail (including a prototype of the Mirror-Ring System) but excelled at strategic planning and was given access to some of the details of Admiralty Code. She has been using her processing overhead to find her and recently started having visions of her as a young child. This could be another mental model, or something more. She has come to the island looking for clues as to ACs whereabouts...

Personality - calculating, a bit envious of the "newer tech" and can sometimes be goaded into fights. Her "avatar" AC shows up sometimes and distracts her, not seen by other mental models, so it looks like she is talking to herself.

Not sure how well that fits with what you have going on there now. She could show up pretty much anywhere...

kongo

I'm hoping this is the right thread for ship ideas, if not I can post them where needed...

Do you have any Brooklyn-class Light Cruisers? 10k with 5x3 6" guns. Fast rate of fire (10/min per gun) and 24 km range.
Brooklyn
Philadelphia
Savannah
Nashville
Phoenix
Boise
Honolulu

A bit smaller than the Baltimore-class (at 14.5k) but maybe mounts a smaller SG?

Let me know if you have this one or not and I can work up a character or two.

Thanks!

Major Major

Far as we know none of the Brooklyn-class have shown up yet.

We've got a Hawkins, a Zara, and an Agano, but that's it, cruiser wise.

kongo

Fantastic! I'll put something together then for these two. How detailed are you being with the conversions? Do you already have a method? The Fog ship's primary weapon is spinal (although there are exceptions, like student council's trade ins), and the mains are still there in laser form. But they add a lot of cruise missle and torpedo type weapons, and everyone seems to pack corrosives in some quantity. Of course with enough nano materials and a sufficient energy source almost anything could be created if needed...

Also, forgot to ask, are we roleplaying, story telling or a combination?

Thanks.

Major Major

Quote from: kongo on April 09, 2017, 06:54:59 PM
Fantastic! I'll put something together then for these two. How detailed are you being with the conversions? Do you already have a method? The Fog ship's primary weapon is spinal (although there are exceptions, like student council's trade ins), and the mains are still there in laser form. But they add a lot of cruise missle and torpedo type weapons, and everyone seems to pack corrosives in some quantity. Of course with enough nano materials and a sufficient energy source almost anything could be created if needed...

Also, forgot to ask, are we roleplaying, story telling or a combination?

Thanks.

I can only speak for myself, but this is what I created for my main girl, Effingham:

Name: HMS Effingham. "Effie" for short

Mental Model:
Single Core, Type G-I

Personality: Rather British and a bit posh, but hides deep insecurities and can also be a wallflower.

Class: Hawkins-class Heavy Cruiser

Pennant Number: D98

Affiliation: Fleet of Fog (Detachment Squadron 223)

Ship Image:
Ship Form

*NOTE: Effie has painted her hull black, her superstructure white, and her funnel buff/beige, like a Victorian-era RN warship. She also may, or may not, have a black cap on her funnel, like a White Star ocean liner.

WEAPONRY:

*9x 6in Particle Cannons in singleton mountings ('A', 'B', and 'C' guns are super-firing) (main armament)
*4x 4in Particle Cannons in two twin-gun mountings (heavy AA armament)
*Multiple High-Angle pulse laser AA guns
*Numerous VLS launchers on quarterdeck and forward of 'A' gun
*Super-Graviton Cannon (Heavy Cruiser-grade)
*6x Torpedo tubes.

DIMENSIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS:

Length: 605ft
Beam: 58ft (65ft across anti-torpedo bulges)
Draught: 17.25ft (20.5ft fully loaded)

Propulsion: Graviton Engine / Type-S x 102
Maximum Speed (surfaced): 85 - 90 Knots
Maximum Speed (submerged) 40 knots

Armour: Wave Motion Compulsory Conversion Device Armour (Heavy Cruiser grade)

pendarious

in regards to story telling vs role playing.......honestly I'd say it's probably closer to story telling since it's all being told in third person but the way it's done is more towards Role Playing since it's completely co-operative. or some such like that.....
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

kongo

Here's the first one...

Name: IJN Ishizuchi "Ishi"

Mental Model:
Single Core, Type G-I+ (strategic simulation sub-processor)

Back story:
One of the first mental model tests done (she is more properly a fast battlecruiser than a BB). She was assigned to Yamato's security detail (including a prototype of the Mirror-Ring System) but excelled at strategic planning and was given access to some details of the Admiralty Code. She has the ability to create avatars to assist with problem solving and is currently running one called "Ace" which has the appearance of a young girl to help her find Admiralty code. She has come to the island looking for clues as to Admiralty Code's whereabouts...

Personality:
Calculating, a bit envious of the "newer tech" and can sometimes be goaded into fights.
Her "avatar" AC (Ace) shows up sometimes and distracts her, not seen by other mental models, so it looks like she is talking to herself.

Mental model:
Young japanese heritage, Long straight hair, purple.

Class:
Ishizuchi-class battleship prototype (for Kongo Class)

Designation:
???

Affiliation:
Fleet of Fog (Detachment Squadron ???)

Ship Image:
Black when active camo off

Weaponry:
*10x 305mm Particle Cannons in double-turret mountings (Mains)
*16x 152mm Partcile Cannons in single mountings (heavy AA armament)
*Numerous VLS launchers on decking
*Super-Graviton Cannon (fast battleship grade)

Surveillance:
1 Class IV drone - (1000 Km range, Enhanced EMS monitoring/jamming, 2 pulse particle cannons, active camo) - these use Concept Com for communications so jamming is not possible but allows feedback to other FOF ships - (ie. they can sense the MM of the ship through the drone)

Dimensions and Characteristics:
Length: 220 m
Beam:    31 m
Draft:   14 m

Propulsion: Graviton Engine / Type-S x 200
Max speed (surfaced):  80 knots
Max speed (submerges): 40 knots

Armor:
Wave Motion Compulsory Conversion Device Armour (Fast-Battleship grade)
Mirror-Ring System (Fast-Battleship grade - prototype)
Active Camoflouflage (Visual and EMS only)

kongo

And the second...

me: USS Phoenix

Mental Model:
Single Core, Type G-I

Personality:
American, takes nothing seriously, including orders, which is why she has been assigned to island after island (most recently the Admiralty Islands). Mental model is a red-headed goth with a lot of body art.

Class:
Brooklyn-class Light Cruiser

Designation:
CL-46

Affiliation:
Fleet of Fog (Detachment Squadron ???)

Ship Image:
Bright Orange Flame design on sides, turns black during combat

Weaponry:
*15x 6in Particle Cannons in triple-turret mountings - Pulse firing design for rapid fire (Mains)
*8x 5in Partcile Cannons in single mountings (heavy AA armament)
*Numerous VLS launchers on quarterdeck and forward of 'A' gun
*Super-Graviton Cannon (Light Cruiser-grade)

Surveillance:
4 Class I drones - (100 Km range, standard EMS, active/passive sonar, no weapons but spotting capability) - these use Concept Com for communications so jamming is not possible but allows feedback to other FOF ships - (ie. they can sense the MM of the ship through the drone)

Dimensions and Characteristics:
Length: 608 ft
Beam:    61 ft
Draught: 19.75 ft (24 ft fully loaded)

Propulsion: Graviton Engine / Type-S x 120
Max speed (surfaced): 100 knots
Max speed (submerges): 50 knots

Armor:
Wave Motion Compulsory Conversion Device Armour (Light Cruiser grade)

kongo

Question on character evolves over time. Do you want me to include additional information regarding where the characters will be going as they evolve, or does that happen in the course of writing the stories? You know, the old nature vs. nurture debate as it were... ;-)

Mac84

Hello Kongo,

My apologies for taking so long to reply as I don't normally do much on E on Sundays and Mondays.

I have Ishizuchi as well on WoWs. I enjoy her, but Kongo is still my Go too Battleship.

One thing is we already have a ship that "Secretly" possesses teh Mirror Ring system. So I can't allow another, even if it is a prototype. Add to it that the Mirror ring system does not appear to be a feature that all battleships have. Only a select few. Hiei has one, but she is the leader of Musashi's body Guard. Another ship has one, but I won't say cause it would spoil the Manga for ya. However, the Mirror Ring system appears to be a very costly, and dangerous device even for the FoF to use.

Also, and I may be wrong, but Mental Models were not "Created", but seemed to be born from the FoFs continual exposure to Humans as a way to understand "Emotion". So Ishi being a Prototype Mental model would be a bit of a stretch as I believe both the Manga, and the Anime put Yamato being the first. Though her being one of hte first to appear could be allowable as we have two of those. My character Arizona, and Avalon's character Bayern. Though both tend to have some problems.

Here is the Character/OOC Link, go on and say "Hi" to the others. :D I should have a word on your characters approval in a about a day or two. Also gives you an idea on some of the other characters you 'll encounter.

As fare as RP, vs. Storytelling. I tend to lean more story Telling.

kongo

Thank you. I will check out the link to the others. My thinking with the prototyping ships was mainly for FOF to use as test beds for their evolving technologies. Ishi would definitely not be the first, but her strategic processor is a newer addition (could be used to monitor fleet movements, etc - maybe another plot device?) I added the Mirror Ring because I thought that would be a tech Yamato may have tested on another ship before adopting it to herself and any guardian ships. it seems more suited for protection against rogue FoF ships or to counter catastrophic failures in fleet actions (although I have my theories as to its being an adaptation of fleet movement technology vs a defense). I understand if it doesn't fit into the current storyline, but thought I'd give you my reasoning.

BTW, do you have an area for technology discussions? I have some theories related to FoF that I'd like to talk through (and certainly before introducing it to the story). I can message them over too if that makes more sense.

Thanks again for the opportunity to work with the group. Looking forward to sailing with you...

Mac84

Not a problem! :D

As far as Tech talk, you can do that in the OOC. We do more in the OOC than discuss the story directly. We also discuss the Manga/Anime Plots and see how it meshes with our own plot.

as for two ships, I would work with one in the beginning so you don't over extend yourself and get a good grasp for how the story is going. We also are a relaxed group. There is usually no rush on posting.

kongo

Sounds good. Let me know how the approvals go. There may be some sort of relationship between the characters but they can be introduced one at a time as that may fit the subplot (one may be looking for the other).

I'm reading through the story now, good stuff...got a character card started to keep track of everyone... 😊

Mac84

Quote from: kongo on April 11, 2017, 11:17:55 AM
Sounds good. Let me know how the approvals go. There may be some sort of relationship between the characters but they can be introduced one at a time as that may fit the subplot (one may be looking for the other).

I'm reading through the story now, good stuff...got a character card started to keep track of everyone... 😊

I should have an answer tonight for you.

A good way to understand the story is think of Them as the Misfits of the FoF.