Undeadly Assassinations: Part 1 (Still recruiting Males)

Started by JDrew Spider, April 12, 2012, 03:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDrew Spider

UNDEADLY ASSASSINATIONS: PART ONE

Any who I'm back and thought I try my hand at another group roleplay. I kinda got this idea from that movie "WANTED" and something else I can't recall. Here's the story.

An extraordinary league of assassins , all equipped with special skills, were once renowned  for their skills of lethal combat and tact. An assassin for hire was always contacted through  an organization known as the SIXTH RED that was believed to be associated with ancient black arts. Each assassin was required to live by the sixth laws of honoring in which they would never kill for money, for power, or vengeance and by blindingly eliminating the worlds 'evil' was a just cause. It was in this honor that each assassin lived and died by.

However despite the black and white views of the organization. One assassin slowly began to believe  in something else. Who were they to judge and persecute humanity while they themselves had so much blood on their hands? Turning against the organization  the one assassin  hunted and terminated every  fellow assassin  by developing a contingency plan. When the last assassin was dead and the organization destroyed the fellow assassin committed suicide. No more would those with power be able to judge and persecute humanity.

The ancients believed that when one dies their soul is carried to the afterlife for final judgement, but when a souls purpose is unfinished that soul can be brought back. Many years into the future, the world is a different place now. A new head of the organization comes into power along with several new and deadly assassins. However the rise of the organization has brought back a few "dead" friends.

The Rundown

The previous and deceased members of the old Organization have come back. The rogue assassin responsible for killing and destroying everyone has come back to take down the new organization while the other deceased have come back to avenge their deaths. However this doesn't have to remain so being that the newer and darker organization has come to power in the worst way. The undead also have to worry about the new league of kick-ass assassins and come to terms that everything they stood and died for was a lie from the beginning.  So here's what I'm looking for to start out.

Okay here are some Q&A's so you guys can get a better grasp of the world.

What is the Sixth RED?

It's an organization that dates back to ancient Egypt. Their leaders practiced black arts with the goal of trying to obtain immortality. They control their assassins and give them missions. It's like the Sixth RED is a religion and the assassins are it's believers. The Sixth RED has many unknown members. The rogue assassin didn't really kill off the entire organization since some members were able to escape in secret. It wasn't till many years later that they had gained enough power to rise from the ashes and start where they left off.

What is the year and what kind of world does the Roleplay take place?
I'd say somewhere around 2025. It's kinda futuristic with some fantasy.

Who are these assassins?

Assassins are hand picked by the organization for their remarkable abilities. The pledge loyalty  and trust to the organization in such a way that they are blinded by what's truly right and wrong. Some of these assassins have different backgrounds. Their abilities  might have made it uncomfortable to live in regular society. Many of the assassins might have been regarded as freaks or outcasts which is why they chose to serve the organization. In doing so their souls are automatically tied to the organization.

What kind of powers are we talking about here?

Being that this a blend of sci-fi and fantasy. I would say anything from magical to technological, but not god-like.

Why did the rogue assassin go ape shit on everyone?

History tells us that their has always been exceptional people willing to breakaway from oppression and bring change. The rogue assassin began to believe something different from the others, broke away and set out on a mission to "right the wrongs" so to speak.

Now what's the plot?
The Organization has survived and resurrected it's self to power in the year 2025. The undead, including the rogue assassin, have risen due to this as well.  The Job of the rogue assassin is to take down the organization for good. This could mean a lot of things for the rogue assassin for not only does the rogue have to worry about the newly risen organization , but the undead assassins wanting to avenge their murder.

Also as an undead assassin you could:
One  have the choice of forgiveness and help the rogue take down the organization once and for all to put your souls at rest.
Two try to avenge your death and either take down the organization yourself
Three Join the organization at your own costs and finally..
Four Try to kill everybody and rule it all by trying to become immortal.

The Cast includes

(0) Rogue Assassin / CLOSED- Myself

(2) Undead Assassins/ Male or Female - PigPen, Succubus

(0) Main organization Leader/ CLOSED -Vostroya

(2+) Organization Members -

(0) New assassins  CLOSED -Nikopiko, PeacethatPowerbrings. PhantomPistoleer

Some NPC's and Members and I guess people to get caught in the crossfire, not sure yet. I also will modify roles as interest grows.

UPDATE
CHARACTER SHEET IS UP! :) in the OOC

OOC Thread Link
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

AndyZ

I'll warn you right now that various attempts to make a char for me lately have failed utterly.  My novel takes up too much of my headspace.

That said, you mention that it takes place in the future.  How far futuristic is the world currently?  What kind of tech level are you looking at?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

JDrew Spider

Ahah! I have a customer!

Well you see I'm not entirely sure how far, but I was thinking about "Appleseed" futuristic (I'm not sure if you seen that anime or manga). I did want involve things like cyborgs and androids.

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

PhantomPistoleer

In.  I'm in (tentatively).  I will make a character as soon as possible.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

JDrew Spider

Welcome! Though I havn't created a char sheet yet I'm open to suggestions.

Spider Hole
Apologies

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Geeklet

Looks intriguing. Not sure what side I'd want to fall under should I make a character, but this is definitely something I wanna keep my eyes on.

Visna

JDrew Spider

Okay and hello!

To make it a bit more understandable I did some Q&A's. If you have any questions please ask! :)

And Welcome to the RP!

Spider Hole
Apologies

Succubus

Seems very interesting, but quite complex, I'd be interested, but I'd like to know, are the undead assassins vampires or some other form of undead?

JDrew Spider

@PhantomPistoleer No they aren't superheros. Not in that sense.  I would say more like anti-heroes.

@Succubus  No they aren't vampires. Have you ever seen  or read "The Crow"? They are more like that.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Succubus

I haven't, but a quick google suggests they would be simply resurrected people with no other unusual traits.

JDrew Spider

@Succubus you would be surprised  :). I've never read the book , but in the movie the resurrected character has very unusual traits.

@PigPin Welcome to the RP and Thanks!

Spider Hole
Apologies

JDrew Spider

Okay Thought I get this bumping...OOc thread is up and CS are coming soon. I was waiting to get some feed back from someone, but I can get the set up going. I ALSO think I will incorporate some form of the undead like "vampires" and "mummies".

Spider Hole
Apologies

JDrew Spider

Bumping this to see if anyone is still interested?

Spider Hole
Apologies

DiscoveringEzra

This sounds quite interesting is it still open?
Why I suck - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=152540.0
My o/o's and Players - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=139223.0
My Plays and ideas - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=178979.0
"I have too much imagination to just be one gender” - Erika Linder

I have taken an indefinite hiatus due to complete computer shutdown, and is still in limbo until I can get another. Sorry.

JDrew Spider

It has yet to start matey, but welcome to the game. I'm still looking for more interests.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Khat

Yum, exactly what I have been craving. <3

JDrew Spider

Would you be craving blood and vengeance? Welcome!

Spider Hole
Apologies

Vostroya

Very interesting idea, I would like the Main organization Leader if its still open.

PigPin

JD didn't know if you saw in the occ but I would like the undead spot.

JDrew Spider

Oops I havn't even checked that thread.. I'll post the character sheet OOC.

@Vostroya I'll send you a PM

@PigPen alright I'll make note.

Spider Hole
Apologies

PeacethatPowerbrings

Hi.  ;D

Vostroya mentioned this to me, and I've got to say, a totally interesting concept. I'm up for a female new assassin.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.