Angels vv Demons

Started by Chrystal, September 08, 2012, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JadenMystic

Quote from: Joslyn on September 11, 2012, 06:32:56 PM
I'm not that great with computers myself, but its very simple to put pictures saved on your computer in the elliwiki. Instructions are here:
https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Category:Images#How_To_Categorize_an_Image

and the summary text is:

[[Category:Characters]]

To me, it's still to confusing. I'm sticking with what I know and understand, and what I know and understand is not the wiki!

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

Chrystal

Simple step by step instructions for:
Using the wiki

1) Click on the "Wiki" button at the top of the window (between "Players" and "Dice Bot") (By thye way, I will post dice bot instructions at a later date)
2) On the left side of the screen is a box labelled "Toolbox". In here is a link "Upload file". Click it.
3) In the new screen, click the "Browse" button.
4) In the dialogue box that opens, select the picture you want from your hard drive. Click "Open".
5) You can now change the file name to be uploaded to (Destination file name) and add a description in "Summary". You should tag your fille with [[category:characters]] in the "summary" box, regardless.
6) Click "Upload File".
7) The uploaded file will be displayed to you. Select it and copy the URL, then paste into your post.

I apologise for the length of time this is taking. I am working on the purchasable items and will open a "rules" thread as soon as I have them all designed. Then you can all set about creating your characters!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

JadenMystic

If I am forced to use the wiki for my pictures, I'll leave now. I don't get it, and won't be forced to figure out something I don't understand.

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

Vaulera

Although I feel that was a rather antagonistic and confrontational way to phrase it, I agree, though not really on the basis that I don't want to learn, I just don't really think it's worth the trouble.

Chrystal

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=147575.0

Let's not antagonise the staff, please. I personally consider this to be an overreaction, however I'm not wanting to get myself or anyone else into trouble.

I have done my duty as GM by asking nicely if people could please use the wiki, and giving instructions on how. I would ask people very nicely to NOT state categorically that they will NOT use the wiki, because that is going against site policy. Where and how you link your pictures is up to you. I have drawn your attention to the above.

If anyone wants me to upload pics to the wiki for them I will do so with pleasure.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Drake Valentine

Hmm, well I never had any trouble with photobucket(knock on wood) when it comes to uploading images and linking them from there. Though of course none of those images are explicit either due to pb rules.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Vaulera

You know what Chrystal, I respect that, I think that it isn't really just uploading to the wiki, it's also that a sword art roleplay popped up, making that instantly my priority, along with three others and a couple solos. So it was mostly a realization that I was incredibly busy at the moment, and this roleplay isn't incredibly unique. Best wishes Chrystal!

Chrystal

Oh well.

I guess I've lost interest in this.

If anyone wants to take the idea please do. I'm locking this thread off.