Mafia Murder Theater: A Midsummer Night's Dream - Understudies Win!

Started by desert ashes, September 03, 2010, 02:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

Xandi sat perplexed at the goings on. She could not believe her ears, her fellow thespians accusing one another. Of course someone had to be blamed but how could we possibly know the truth. There is someone among us who knows the truth, the murder. Xandi did not want to falsely accuse anyone but she had to place a vote, Valerian seemed to think that perhaps Imogen had something to do with the murders. But she did not seem to certain, Lucius however seemed to think that Marguerite was guilty, he did seem more convinced in his vote. Xandi hated to accuse someone but since she had to she voted with Lucius. Marguerite
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Aiden

Word of LeoRobin's speculation did not get passed him, but instead of making a large scene, he took the time to mourn the deaths of his fellow thespians.

desert ashes

On Stage"A lion among ladies is a most dreadful thing."   (Lynch Voting!)

Cast and Crew
Imogen (2) - Valerian, The Unholy Potato
Marguerite (2) - Lucius Cornelius, Xandi
The Unholy Potato (2) - Remiel, Imogen
Aiden (1) - Leorobin
Leorobin (1) - Aiden
Lucius Cornelius
Lypiphera
Remiel
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting: Lypiphera, Marguerite

Call Backed: 5 Thespians, 1 Director, 1 Stage Manager and 3 Understudies

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

The Unholy Potato

The Unholy Potato frowned momentarily at Remiel, then shrugged. "It's a shame you suspect me so, but I don't really think that you have ulterior motives for doing so, so I won't hold it against you." After some consideration, he added, "Personally, I think Valerian has a good head on her shoulders. I'm sorry, Imogen, but I can't help but remember your earlier condemnation."

Imogen

Folding her arms she fixes The Unholy Potato with an icy stare. "You are too eager to point your finger to a third innocent thespian, Unholy one. I thought it too obvious when Remiel pointed that out, but perhaps I was wrong. I thank you for redirecting my vote, I might have harmed Remiel with my foolishness."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Marguerite

Marguerite stepped forward and looked at those who accused her. "Nay, tis not I, who murdered one of our own last night. In fact, I have received information that in fact, Aiden is one of the understudies. What can I say, I do not trust those who look suspicious from the get go."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Aiden (2) - Leorobin, Marguerite
Leorobin (1) - Aiden
Lucius Cornelius
Lypiphera
Remiel
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting: Lypiphera

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Lypiphera

Privately Lypiphera thought Leorobin's sigh all too dramatic for the situation. Another innocent life had been claimed - this was no time for flouncey gestures of sympathy.

She gazed mournfully up at the bright lights of the stage, The Dream had always been such a thing of wonder to her a mysterious fairy-filled play full of mischief which she had treasured since she was young. But now her wish to be at one with the flowing words and music had arrived and everything was turning nightmareish!

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Leorobin (2) - Aiden, Lypiphera
Lucius Cornelius
Lypiphera
Remiel
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting:

All voting is closed. 

As there is a tie between Aiden, Imogen, Leorobin, Marguerite and The Unholy Potato, the final say goes to the Producer, Xandi. 

Xandi, please submit your final choice to me via Private Message. 

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Leorobin (2) - Aiden, Lypiphera
Lucius Cornelius
Lypiphera
Remiel
Valerian
Xandi

The five tied in votes were left remaining on stage; a spotlight flared at upstage center before it swiveled to momentarily fixate on each of them.  Aiden.  The Unholy Potato.  Imogen.  Leorobin.  Marguerite.  At the last it paused, the light pouring down over Marguerite before it turned blood red.  The Producer's vote had been cast, remaining predictably with how she had previously voted. 

"I am amazed and know not what to say," was all Marguerite could stage whisper in the role of the young woman caught by love's triangle, Hermia.   With but a heartbeat later the stage floor beneath her fell and delivered her unto her untimely and tragic death -- for her and all the innocent Thespians that remained.  For Marguerite had not only been cast in the role as Hermia...

She had also been the Stage Manager.

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

Imogen's sigh of relief was short-lived. Her eyes widened as she stared at Marguerite's empty place. "Oh shit..." was all she managed. Now they were in trouble... and she even moreso. As Marguerite had been cast for Hermia, the role she had wanted as well. "I don't want it anymore!" She said hastily. "I'll play a nameless elf in Titania's following, if we're ever... I mean.." She swallowed and at last, shut up.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

Across the dimly lit stage Remiel crept in the shadows.  He was looking for shadows -- three other shadows, to be precise.  From downstage center he could hear a light voice drifting out toward the audience, the outline of a cast mate in his sights.  So enraptured by the performance he was witnessing, however, the Thespian-cum-Director did not realize the shadows he had been looking for had crept up behind him before it was too late.

Just as the knife's shadow swung down, catching the corner of his eye, his lips parted --

"'Tide life, 'tide death, I come without delay," came the words of Francis Flute.

A heartbeat later a leather gloved hand caught his scream as the knife plunged in deep.

Cast and Crew
Aiden
Imogen
Leorobin
Lucius Cornelius
Lypiphera
The Unholy Potato
Valerian
Xandi

Call Backed: 5 Thespians, 3 Understudies

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Autumn52

"No No not the handsome Remiel. Why would anyone kill him? He was such a wonderful man and thespian."

Xandi's tears began to flow and she searched for Leo for comfort. My fellow thespians we must stop this before it is to late. I think that Imogen has been acting a little suspiciously since this whole thing began.

Xandi clung to Leo and begged him to not leave her side until this mystery was solved. "There is safety in numbers", she muttered as she hugged him close.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Imogen

She shook her head. "That's foolishness, Xandi. Remiel suspected The Unholy Potato and I think he may have had a good reason for doing so."

Pacing back and forth, Imogen frowned in thought for a moment and winced as she remembered. "No... I've been an idiot. Maybe Remiel's is correct, but didn't Marguerite say she had received information regarding Aiden? Better late than never to start believing her."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Val, hiding in the corner, stared out wide-eyed at the others as she clung to a side curtain.  "Marguerite must have had enough time to learn something, at least," she chimed in, as Imogen spoke.  "So maybe she was right about Aiden.  I hope she was right.  This is terrible!"
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Aiden (2) - Imogen, Valerian
Imogen (1) - Xandi
Leorobin
Lucius Cornelius
Lypiphera
The Unholy Potato
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting: Aiden, Leorobin, Lucius Cornelius, Lypiphera, The Unholy Potato

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Aiden

"How trust worthy is Marguerite, that trollop bedded all of your lovers behind you backs. She simply wished to condemn me for ignoring her advances, Imogen I thought you and I had more between us for you to send me to a death you know I do not deserve."

Zelric Miras

Leo embraced Xandi trying to ease her worries while rubbing her back gently, being the producer, she should be having a hard time with the deaths of the Thespians. "Rest assured that I will remain close." He whispered to her while his eyes glanced at those of the cast that still remained. His eyes moved towards Aiden again, he didn't trusted his innocence, but perhaps his perception was wavered by the fact Aiden voted on him.

He even considered Xandi, but he couldn't get himself to think her tears were false. He lingered on Lypiphera for a while, his head full of thoughts and machinations. "A lamentable dead indeed..." he whispered, wiping Xandi's tears away gently with his handkerchief, trying to keep a calm face to ease her. Frowning as Aiden, voiced his thoughts towards Imogen outloud. "That is no way to speak to a lady...Perhaps your anger shows a bit of remorse in your words?"

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Aiden (3) - Imogen, Valerian, Leorobin
Imogen (3) - Xandi, Aiden, Lypiphera
Leorobin
Lucius Cornelius
Lypiphera
The Unholy Potato
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting: Lucius Cornelius, The Unholy Potato

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Lypiphera

Shell shocked and a little disbelieving Lypiphera stared down at their former co-star.

"I don't understand..." she whispered softly "Why good comes there from killing the cast? Who will run the show without us?" Silently, tears streaked down her face, and she absent-mindedly blotted her nose on her sleeve, her forgotten script still in hand.

"I think Imogen was a little too hasty in giving up her role when others are dying for theres, it makes no sense to abandon a main character to someone else  when we are fighting to remain on stage. I am sick of voting for innocents to meet the noose so I hope to god that this puts and end to such madness!"

Lucius Cornelius

Try to avoid to feel to shocked for the recent events that is happening around him, Lucius has been quiet for sometime but then he suddenly come into life and points to AIDEN

You have to explain too much things Aiden.

Imogen

"With Marguerite's evidence against Aiden, and her identity revealed, I must say I'm confused as to why anyone would look for a vote elsewhere. If you trust me or not is hardly the issue here. I ask you simply to look at the facts." She shrugged and raised her hands in a helpless gesture. "I can't think of a good reason of why any of us should ignore her last words."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

The Unholy Potato

The Unholy Potato tapped his chin thoughtfully, peering from one anxious face to another, before finally shrugging. "I've made my opinion clear from the start. I don't trust Imogen one whit. I'm sorry it had to be this way, though."

Valerian

"If Marguerite was right, then Aiden is an Understudy," Val spoke up.  "We know Marguerite was the only one of us who could have learned something about who the villains are.  Even if you honestly suspect Imogen as well, it would be foolish for us to presume that Marguerite was wrong and go against what she said.

"If Imogen is also guilty, that will reveal itself in time.  For now, we shouldn't take the chance."  She looked at The Unholy Potato.  "Please, won't you change your vote to Aiden?  We have every reason to believe him an understudy -- and since Xandi has voted against Imogen, then I'm also afraid we may have elected an understudy as our Producer, and we don't dare leave this vote tied.  Because if Marguerite was right, then I think we all know now who the understudies are."  She crossed her arms and looked at Xandi, Aiden, and Lypiphera in turn.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn52

"Val how could you? I never. Well perhaps it is you who is the understudy. Why are you so intent, all of the sudden, on saving Imogen? Perhaps you and your understudy friend are worried that you have been found out and now their is no hope." Marg voted for Aiden before she could have possibly know for sure about his innocence or guilt, that is why I do not give her vote much thought. If I am wrong we will know soon.

Xandi crossed her arms and looked at Valerian and Imogen wondering who that last understudy could be.