Murder on the Elliquiy Express - Interest Thread

Started by persephone325, February 25, 2014, 07:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Alrighty. So Val has given me permission to run this game. She explained that the last time if was played, it was never finished. So far, I've read through some of the posts and it looks like it might be fun. I would like to resurrect it for you all.

I'm still reading the thread, getting a hang of the rules and roles, and figuring out how things work.

Here are the links to the previous versions.
Here's one, and the OOC. (Run by Kip.)
Here's the second version, and the OOC. (Run by Pixilicious.)

Please post your interest here! I don't want too many people, but I don't want to have a shortage either.

Passengers

• Ariel - Confirmed
  • Blythe - Confirmed
  • Ebb - Confirmed
  • Josi - ?
  • Madame Professor - Confirmed
  • MissBAMF - Confirmed
  • Phaia - Confirmed
  • Remiel - Confirmed
  • Ryven - Confirmed
  • Sunshine - Confirmed
  • Val - Confirmed
  • Yugi - Confirmed
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

Day/Night Cycle
It will run on a day/night cycle with the following schedule :

Day

Each day (except for day one), the passengers will decide who amongst them will be forcefully disembarked at the station the train is stopping at that day. 
Will they remove the murderer, the innocent or even one of their protectors?

After the daily stop, passengers will decide which carriage (1, 2 or 3) they are sleeping in that night and will PM this decision to the GM. 
Only once all decisions have been made and are final will this information be released in a collated post and the night cycle will begin.

Night

Each night, the GM will randomly choose (through a dice roll) which murderer will be active (unless one has been disembarked) and advise them that they have to make a choice of person in their car to kill.
Once that decision has been made and other special roles taken into account, the GM will post the results and the next day cycle will commence. 

Players in the same carriage as the murderer will be informed after the murder victim has been decided and before the day cycle commences.

Special Roles

Passenger
Collectively vote to disembark one passenger each day.

Murderer (x3)
Chooses one passenger to murder each night - which murder occurs is randomly decided by the GM (dice roll).  The murderer may only choose to murder someone who is in the same carriage they are.

Security Guard
Passive.  Their presence will stop any murders happening in the same carriage.

Engineer
Passive.  Can be utterly trusted but is not immediately identifiable.  Passengers in the same carriage as the Engineer will notice a faint odour of coal and know that they are in the presence of one they can trust... they just won't know who it is.

Train Conductor
One time during the game, the Conductor may choose to be told which carriages held murderers the previous night.  They will not be told how many murderers were in each carriage - the result will appear as "Murderers were in Carriages 1 and 3". 

The Mad Passenger
The mad passenger is not that strong psychologically but is very strong physically.  Should someone attempt to murder them, their tenuous grasp on reality will be broken and they will fight back.  Should this happen, the murderer will instead be killed and the mad passenger, in their unhinged state, will take over the role of Murderer.  Until this happens (if it happens at all), the Mad Passenger is stable and 'good'.

Accomplice
Passive.  Should the accomplice be in the same carriage when the murderer tries to attack the security guard or mad passenger (only these two roles), the murderer will succeed.  The identity of the accomplice will not be revealed at this time.

Other Rules
Passengers should not discuss which carriage they are going into (either privately or publicly) until such information is revealed by the GM.
Roles should remain secret and not shared with other players as to do otherwise would spoil the strategy and fun that comes with the game.
All PM communication should be CC'd to Persephone so that she can be entertained as well!
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blythe

*runs into the thread*

Memememememe! <3

*cough*

Um...yes, I am interested. ^^

persephone325

Hello Blythe! Were you part of the previous version as well?
I don't know.

Blythe

Nope, but reading the rules description of this really got my attention; it looked very interesting. ^^

Kythia

It does look interesting.  If this is going to happen I'd like in, if you'll have me.

Ryven

persephone325

Of course, Kythia!

Thank you, and Ryven! I'm hoping I can do this game justice. ^^
I don't know.

persephone325

Hmm... Do any of you know of anyone else who might be interested?

I sent out PMs to people listed in the interest thread, but haven't heard back from any of them.
I don't know.

yugi006

If someone could direct me to the rules I'll have a look. For now count me as interested.

persephone325

I don't know.

yugi006

persephone325

Great! I look forward to running this! It looks super fun. ^^
I don't know.

Blythe

I put a link to this in my sig, so hopefully that will help a little bit. ^^

yugi006

It sure sounds fun. I'm always up for any games you decide to run.

BAMF

I've been forcibly dragged by Mistah Blyyyy. To the MURDER Express! D:

I'mma die. (Yes, I'm totes interested. ;D)
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

persephone325

Quote from: MissBAMF on March 25, 2014, 12:54:57 AM
I've been forcibly dragged by Mistah Blyyyy. To the MURDER Express! D:

I'mma die. (Yes, I'm totes interested. ;D)

Welcome aboard, MissBAMF! So glad to have you! ^^
I don't know.

Blythe

Duhn duhn duuuuun!

/end dramatic music!

*huggles BAMFy* I'm glad you liked it enough to join it! <3

BAMF

If I end up being the murderer, I will NOT be lenient. ._. *is vicious when given power*
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Blythe

I couldn't help it, BAMF...I started to giggle when I saw the emote you used and thought "This is MissBAMF's murder-face":
Quote from: MissBAMF on March 25, 2014, 12:57:45 AM._.

Quote from: Remiel on March 25, 2014, 01:10:40 AM
If Kythia, Blythe, and MissBAMF are in, then I'm in.

Aw yiss, we have a pirate, too?

This game gets more promising!

BAMF

DIS IS MAH SCAREH MURDER FAICE.

._.

Edit: And then, I thought of this.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

persephone325

Hey Remi! I'm glad to see so many familiar faces. ^^ And new ones!
I don't know.

Cycle

So, if I play this game I'll have a chance to bump off Bamfy?

Oh yeah.  I'm in.   ;)

persephone325

I don't know.