Hogwarts - interest check

Started by SaturnsWings, September 21, 2009, 06:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaturnsWings

If a game were to be started with present-day Hogwarts (ten years after Deathly Hallows) would anybody be interested? Canon characters would only be professors and such while students would be created.

Empyrean

I'd be interested to learn more about this setting you propose.

senshi32

SaturnsWings

Here is a very rough draft of what I was thinking. So far it's just a couple people that have PMd me so I'll invest more time/thought into an introduction once I have more.

Alright well right now I'm just putting out feelers. It doesn't really seem like there's a lot of Harry Potter enthusiests so I thought that the first few people who show interest and I could get together on a little thread and discuss maybe a large-scale plot, whoever might want canon characters for administrative duty, and just maybe spreading the word to fellow enthusiests. If we can get enough people then we can work from there.

As I said, I am only testing the waters so this is all a very rough draft. Excuse me if it isn't nicely put together.

Basically, as I said, it's 10 years after the war (which would be 2008 if I remember correctly but I'll have to check) and Hogwarts has finally reopened its doors having had massive damage during the attack. In recent years, wizards and witches fled Britain for more peaceful countries and only now are they returning. The Ministry of Magic (headed by a canon character, though I don't rightly know who) is reformed and is trying to embrace all races and birthrights. The future seems bright, however many are still not at peace with the way things ended and an undercurrent of unease has rooted itself into the halls of Hogwarts.

I have also laid claim to the canon character, Hermione Granger who is the youngest Headmistress in the school's history.

Archermonkey

I could be persuaded.  I might even have a character concept to work with.  Would this be an adult game?  If so, I assume that we'd be playing later-year students?
I'm back!  I can't guarantee any specific schedule right now, but I'm trying to get going as best I can.
If I've been in a game with you in the past and you want to restart it, please let me know!  I've sent out a bunch of PMs about this, but I know I have to send more.

[tr][td]       [/td][td]

~-~  ~-~  ~-~
How to make the Monkey happy
~-~  ~-~  ~-~
[/td][td]       [/td][td]*

[/td][td]         [/td][td]
My upcoming posts:
Bah Humbug, Bitch
The Devil's Deal
The Golden Spectre of Slavery <G>
[/td][td]         [/td][/tr][/table]

SaturnsWings

The students would most definitely be later-year. Seventh years, preferably or a late sixth year (as in somebody like Hermione who's birthday was too late to be admitted into her age year so she's the oldest.) I guess the age that students are accepted could even be bumped to go with the new structure of the wizarding world making the seventh years eighteen or nineteen. That way the ministry could keep a longer eye on the younger generation, watching for some signs of people who sympathize with the old Voldemort regime. This change could also allow more variety in the ages people could choose from. Everyone having to be seventh-years might be a bit dull.

Archermonkey

Well the site allows for characters of age 16+.  Since the older characters would mostly be no more than 27, it's not such a huge gap, really.

When you get a board up, lemme know, and I'll throw my concept in your direction.  It could be lots of fun, methinks :)
I'm back!  I can't guarantee any specific schedule right now, but I'm trying to get going as best I can.
If I've been in a game with you in the past and you want to restart it, please let me know!  I've sent out a bunch of PMs about this, but I know I have to send more.

[tr][td]       [/td][td]

~-~  ~-~  ~-~
~-~  ~-~  ~-~

My upcoming posts:
Bah Humbug, Bitch
The Devil's Deal

SaturnsWings

-nods- If only you could keep the house elves from sexin up your doorstep, you'd be all good. :P I'll keep you posted, of course.

kckolbe

I would be interested as well, and look forward to hashin stuff out.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

SaturnsWings

Great! Then I'm going to take a little bit to sort out the current list of people interested and then get back to you guys. If any of you have input, however, feel free to send me a PM. This is very raw and unformed so far so I'd appreciate it.

Archermonkey

Quote from: SaturnsWings on September 23, 2009, 10:48:46 PM
-nods- If only you could keep the house elves from sexin up your doorstep, you'd be all good. :P I'll keep you posted, of course.

You'll be paying for that, you realise...

Perhaps my upper-level student will have to punish the headmistress for letting the House Elf situation get so far out of hand...

[tr][td]       [/td][td]

~-~  ~-~  ~-~
~-~  ~-~  ~-~

My upcoming posts:
Bah Humbug, Bitch
The Devil's Deal

SaturnsWings

And what will he do about the hippogriffs and dementors? I do believe that they, too, are out in your yard. And rememer: I'm always one step ahead.

Archermonkey

I think I made a list somewhere of all the bad things that I want to do with the young headmistress.  Just remember, the further ahead you step, the deeper you get...

I think that the hippogriffs and dementors warrant item number #612 on the list.  Does anyone have a good sticking charm, and a barrel of flying monkeys I could borrow?

[tr][td]       [/td][td]

~-~  ~-~  ~-~
~-~  ~-~  ~-~

My upcoming posts:
Bah Humbug, Bitch
The Devil's Deal

SaturnsWings

No but you could borrow my giant squid.

And my headmistress could send whatever you throw at her down to the grindylows.

Archermonkey

Giant squid... that would be such an awesome animagus transformation...

[tr][td]       [/td][td]

~-~  ~-~  ~-~
~-~  ~-~  ~-~

My upcoming posts:
Bah Humbug, Bitch
The Devil's Deal

SaturnsWings

Yes, but quite useless. Actually I'm quite surprised James picked a stag over the squid for a laugh...

Archermonkey

Useless?  If manga's taught us anything, it's that 20-foot-long tentacles are never useless!

[tr][td]       [/td][td]

~-~  ~-~  ~-~
~-~  ~-~  ~-~

My upcoming posts:
Bah Humbug, Bitch
The Devil's Deal

Goose

If you're still looking for people to join, let me know, I'm interested.

SaturnsWings

Still looking, I'll keep you posted. So far we have all males and I'm the only female. That may present a problem. But I've had enough interest shown that I'll start working on a more in-depth description.

kckolbe

Could be awkward with the competition.  Generally I see a lot of HP fans, females as well, kinda surprised
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Goose

Hm, well that's definitely a problem. I wouldn't be opposed to playing a girl, but I've never done it before, so I don't know how good I would be.

undisclosedtoyou

Alright since I'm such a HP fangirl I'll throw in my lot with you guys if you'll have me.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's