[Corbin]I'm Coming Home.[Xploding]

Started by Corbin, February 17, 2013, 04:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corbin

“I’m coming home!” He told his mother excitedly while listening to her scream and tell others in the background, who also cheered and cried with joy. “Yeah, but hey, don’t tell my girlfriend. I want to surprise her.” He said into the phone as his mother agreed. “Alright, I got to go now. Love you, Mother.” He said while hanging up the phone that was placed on the base. His friends laughing and mocking him as he simply shook his head, not even paying attention himself with their shenanigans. He went back into his tent and started packing, the smell of smoke and sand hit his nose like a ton of bricks. He was happy that he was leaving from overseas, along with the other members, who were happy as well. “Alright everyone, planes are boarding.” Their commander spoke as they all nodded. Dean sat on the bed with a picture of him and his girlfriend in his hands. He wanted to cry but held back the tears as he sighed, getting up off the bed, throwing his bag over his shoulder then making one last walk around so that he wouldn’t leave anything valuable. He walked out of his green colored tent and turned to get one last glimpse, hoping that he doesn’t have to come back anytime soon. Dean felt a hand being placed upon his shoulder; it was his only friend, Preston. “Well, this place has been hell and luckily…” Preston sniffed the air then continued on speaking. “We survived.” Dean nodded and wrapped his arm around Preston as they turned heel, laughing and walking towards the plane.

“Alright, is everyone on board?” Their commander spoke while taking a brief roll call. Dean leaned back in his seat with a slight huff as he was just ready to take off and go home. When the commander called his name, he raised his hand, to show that he was there. After roll call, the commander closed the door to the plane and told the pilot that they were ready for takeoff.

After spending hours in the air, they had touched down at the airport and the plane was powering down. Everybody cheered and smiled as they were ready to get off the plane, to their homes, wives and children. Dean just wanted to see his girlfriend. He smiled at the thought of surprising her as he got up from his seat, grabbed his bag and got off the plane. He followed the other troops through the tunnel that led to the inside of the airport. People were cheering them, most already met up with their family. Dean’s family had a big sign with his name on it as he walked over there, people were already crying as he was smiling. He dropped his bag and ran, hugging his mother and father then everyone else as they asked so many questions. His mother grabbed his cheeks, squeezing them while talking. “You are not going back over there, you hear me?” Dean and some others laughed as he answered her. “It’s kind of not my choice.”

His father grabbed his bag as he walked alongside his mother. “Hey mom, could we stop at the flower shop? I want to get my girlfriend something special.” His mother nodded as they were now outside in the parking lot. His father sat his bag down in the trunk. After a few minutes of getting the flowers, riding around in circles and talking, he asked to be dropped out at his girlfriend’s place. His mother and father nodded as they turned the street where her house was and parked in front of her house. “I’ll come and see you guys later.” He said before getting out of the car, grabbing the flowers and closing the door. With a soft sigh, he grasped the flowers then started walking up towards her house. He fixed his cap on top of his head, made sure all his buttons were buttoned and that his shirt was tucked into his pants, which were tucked into his golden colored boots. He was wearing his camouflage uniform and he wanted to look perfect. He was at the doorstep as he did a quick breath check then raised his hand up and knocked on the door, waiting for someone to come to the door.

XplodngDucks

A small sigh escaped the brunettes tired lips as her eyes lay trained on the photo in her hands. Really, it was of poor quality and she had better of him but she couldn't tear her eyes off the happy smile spread across the couples faces. The edges of the picture were crumpled and the picture had many folds throughout it. One in particular was so used and abused the picture only held by small threads of paper. She pushed her small, petite body of their wide blue bed and stepped daintily across the floor to the master bathroom. She pulled her clothes off her skin and folded them neatly in a pile on the counter before stepping in the stall and turning on the hot water.

He hadn't called her tonight like he had promised and Angela was getting extremely worried, he never didn't call her. She realized she shouldn't worry but the brunette couldn't help it, they'd be starting a life together, she loved him. As she lathered the soap into her lengthy mass of brown curly hair the door bell rang downstairs. Her eyes widened in shock.

What awful timing!

She stumbled out of the shower, chunks of white soap still amuck in her hair, and grabbed the thin blue silk housecoat hanging on the back of her bathroom door. She quickly pulled it on her lean and slender body and tied the rope around her small waist. Her feet, still wet, slid on the wooden steps as she hurriedly made her way to the door. Her housecoat by now had been soaked through and her wet hair hung in eyes, she pushed the matt of brown out of her face before opening the door wide.

Corbin

Dean peeked through the window from the outside onto the inside, seeing his love make her way towards the door.

When the door opened up wide, he opened up his arms and smiled. "Hey baby." He said while walking towards her, giving her a massive hug in the process. He enjoyed the scent of her just getting out of the shower as he embraced her tighter now. "Oh.." He said while unwrapping his arms from around her waist and revealing the flowers to her with a soft smile spreading across his pink lips. "I got these for you." He turned heel and closed the door then turned back around and walked around, looking around to see if anything has changed. Dean looked at his love then waved at her. "Go ahead and finish, I can wait." He said while putting his hands in his pockets.

Dean combat boots stomped against the tile floor in the kitchen as he opened up the fridge and got himself a cold drink.

He popped the tab, which opened up the drink, the hissing sound of the fizz coming together could be heard to his ears only. He sat down at the table and smiled, it felt good to be home. His missed this house, this table and more importantly, his love. He watched as she came back into the kitchen as he took a quick sip of his drink then placed the can back down on the table, pulling a chair out and patting it, meaning for her to sit down.

"So, what have you been up to? Still keeping yourself together." He joked while watching and waiting for her response.

XplodngDucks

Silence.

That's all she could muster right now. Her eyes were wide with shock at her love standing right there, tears started to well up in her eyes, she wanted to touch him for herself, see if he was real. Her fingers touched her lips as he casually strolled in here as if he'd had never left.

"Go ahead and finish, I can wait."

Her jaw dropped. He expected her to finish her shower now? She just stared for a moment before nodding and heading up the stairs. She wasn't finishing her shower, however she was changing. She lifted a tee shirt and a pair of jeans from the drawer and quickly pulled them on, she ran her fingers through her dripping hair, detangling the knots before turning around and heading back into the kitchen. He sat there, on their chair, drinking their beer.

Mentally slapping herself, Angela ran forward and wrapped her arms tightly around Dean and holding him close.

"I've missed you so much. Never leave me again."