Interest Check: Disney's Disciplinary Academy for Troubled Youths

Started by Mathim, March 29, 2017, 10:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fury Aphrodisia

Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Mathim

I usually wait til I get at least one character sheet submission before I do, and this is the longest recruitment thread I think I've ever had before we got our first official submission, so you probably just missed the one where I mentioned I was going to create it.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

DinaFlower

Quote from: Mathim on June 06, 2017, 10:00:04 PM
Cool, a radically different take on one of the characters. I thought there'd be more of that.

Thankies!! I am super excited!! =) =)

Mathim

Well, just take a quick glance through the OOC thread, read the intro in the IC thread, and you can all get started. I'll get working on my two characters so hopefully tomorrow I'll be in better mindframe territory when I've gotten a good night's sleep.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

DinaFlower

Quote from: Mathim on June 06, 2017, 10:17:01 PM
Well, just take a quick glance through the OOC thread, read the intro in the IC thread, and you can all get started. I'll get working on my two characters so hopefully tomorrow I'll be in better mindframe territory when I've gotten a good night's sleep.

Okay, thankies!!

la dame en noir

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on June 06, 2017, 09:18:26 PM

I think my trouble with things like Les Mis is that I saw the original play and it just bored me to tears so I had no interest to see it initially and Fantastic Beasts just seemed unnecessary. I watched about a half hour of it but got irritated because I had no investment in it. But I had never heard of Danish Girl before I looked this dude up on IMDB, so maybe I'll give it a shot? Seems like it would be interesting from an LGBTQ standpoint, at least.

Edit: Mathim, are my two approved? Should I be posting them somewhere? What's the haps, man?
I was surprised Les Mis didn't bore me. Fantastic Beasts was beautiful and I cried. JK Rowling can continue to expand on her world cause she wrote it and I can never have enough of it.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Fury Aphrodisia

Hah. I get that. I guess when a story just gets to the end ( a good end, not a premature end like friggin' Firefly and their goddamnit Fox hate you so much bring back the f-...) then I just feel like... okay, that's all it needs to be. I was like that with the Runelords series and Star Wars and other TV shows and movies and I just feel like... like going back and chasing characters that don't really show up in the main story quickly loses my interest. Plus, I have a low amount of time on my plate since having the kids and with that last few hours of the night, I usually end up here. I can't watch a story and write another one, so I end up leaving TV shows and movies and books to a few hours on the weekend without much else in the way to bug me.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~