The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

GhettoMagick

with that spiderman character you're going to need to edit some of it because I saw a lot of "he" instead of "her" or "she"
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Kimera

Quote from: GhettoMagick on July 16, 2013, 05:18:32 PM
with that spiderman character you're going to need to edit some of it because I saw a lot of "he" instead of "her" or "she"

Thanks. Going to fix those.

Quote from: kckolbe on July 16, 2013, 06:05:28 PM
Yup.

Ok, will change it so she currently is still running/hiding from the autorities.

Pumpkin Seeds

Soldier of Fortune: Congo
Group Affiliation: People's Liberation Front, X-Men
Height:  5'5
Weight: 130lbs
Arch-Enemies: Just bodies
Nickname: Princess

Power: Instinct

Few people would know that Congo was actually a mutant based on performance alone.  A talented killer, a tough soldier and a bloody thirsty fiend perhaps but her remarkable success could be attributed to mundane occurrence in most cases.  Accurate shooting of a talented marksman, quick reflexes of a deadly gunslinger and the cunning of an animal trapped in a human’s body.  Yet all these things in one did raise a few eyebrows and have triggered a test to confirm her abilities.  Further research has uncovered that her powers are far from physical but startlingly mental.

Telekinesis – Agatha has the ability to convey a small amount of telekinetic force.  This ability is purely instinctual as she aims her gun or flees from return gunfire.  Bullets are nudged on their path from the barrel of her weapon and bullets aimed toward have the same done to them.  This gives her the appearance of being an amazing marksman and an extremely lucky fighter.  There have been times of great distress where he telekinetic abilities have manifested in stranger ways, moving objects in front of her unexpectedly or angling a bullet with ricochet to make a near impossible shot. 

Empathy – Surface thoughts are hard to hide even to an amateur psychic.  Agatha can certainly sense the desire of someone to hurt her along with interest in her.  This manifests typically in her having a precognizant awareness of attack and ambush.  Agatha has also had some success of using this ability with interrogations as she seems able to get under the skin of her intended victim. 

Processing – Agatha thinks faster than most and reacts faster than even more.  Her body and mind have been fine-tuned through battle and experience to work together with her mutant abilities.  The woman’s reflexes would make her the envy of hardened veterans twice her age and gunslingers of old.

Skills: Soldier

Congo has a familiarity with a long line of modern weapons.  Most of these weapons are small arms and assault weapons though explosives are not outside her comfort zone along with heavier munitions.  She also speaks English, French and Lingala.  Through her associations she has experience with squad tactics and underworld connections as well. 

Biography as Reported in Interrogation at United Nations Office in Nairobi
There was the taste of blood on her lips.  Always the taste of blood in her mouth but this time the blood was her own.  Already she could feel the swelling on her face growing, turning the deep purple that would fade over time.  The bruise wasn’t the first nor would it be the last to decorate her face.  One side of her lip was nearly torn open while her nose was bent at an odd angle that would require medical attention to set.  Such a face as hers would’ve been pretty under any other circumstances but these.  Instead the sickly grin on her face showed a madness that was faded to the bone, perhaps even to the soul.  Chains rattled as she raised her hands upward, her body having to lean forward as there was not enough slack alone for her to smoke the cigarette. 

“So what you want for me to get out of here?  Little blow under the table, bit of hide and seek with the sausage?”

The lamp above the woman did little to illuminate the figure sitting across from her.  A stern voice, even toned and without an element of compassion merely replied with, “Name and country of origin.”

“Ah, fuck one of those.  Ass cheeks squeak when you walk buttercup?”  The woman rolled her eyes and would have slammed back in her chair except for the jerk of her wrists by the restraints.  “Bloody fuck’n hell these things are too damn tight.”

“Name and country of origin.”

A shot of blood and spit left her mouth as the anger grew.  Blonde bangs, moist from sweat and water, flipped back from her face so the stream moved unimpeded.  Her aim was good but the voice did not even waiver.  “Name and..”

“Fuck, Agatha Stanson.  Republic of the Congo.”

“That’s not your citizenship.”

“Well it’s the only place I’ve ever been so if I ain’t a citizen there then where the hell am I a citizen?”

“Says here your parents were from the United States of America, guess that would make you an American.”  The man made the statement with all the wit and retort of a computer monitor.  A sneer of disgust was made from the woman before she repeated her efforts to take another drag of her cigarette.

“Land of the free, home of the McNugget.”

“Ma’am this would go faster without your commentary.”

“And I thought you were enjoying my company.”

“Hardly.  According to our documents you are the sole survivors of the embassy massacre with the death of Ambassador Donald Stanson, his wife Martha Stanson.  How exactly did you survive?”

“Charm?”

The man didn’t laugh which only proved further that he was a dick.  Agatha had seen his type before.  Pencil pushing dicks that were more concerned with filing the right paperwork than actually accomplishing anything.  She didn’t have much respect for them, of course she didn’t really have respect for anyone.

“My mother got out, dressed me up as a boy.  They weren’t really picky about the color of your skin when they were recruiting back then.  She knew I had a better chance as a boy than a girl.  So she dressed me up and when they came, they took me for some poor local’s kid.  White boy run away from home or something.  I spoke the language, I fit in.  Mom didn’t make it.  You looking for a sob story for my file?  Gonna make the judge cry so I can get released?”

“You’ve got a long list of war crimes here Miss Stanson.  I doubt you’re being released on sympathy.”

“Shit happens.  Besides child soldiers get off on that sort of shit.”  There was no worry in her voice or concern on her features as the cigarette touched her lips again.  Only when he tossed forward a small article involving a Muslim soldier inside the Philippines did her hand shake slightly.  Apparently she was wrong about people inducted as children being tried and convicted. 

“Reality come crashing down yet Miss Stanson?”

“Fuck you.”

“Tell me about your time with the People’s Liberation Front.”

“What?  Not in your records there?  A lot of people died.  Didn’t have my choice when you’re ten with a machinegun in your hands and orders to kill anything that moves.  Besides didn’t take them long to figure out what I was once the boobs came in.  Late bloomer saved my ass for awhile and being good at killing saved me for a little bit longer.  Still hard to fight them off when you’re alone in the jungle and you the only piece of tail for a few days.  So I killed, I scared them all.”

Remorse was an emotion she had learned to do without over the years.  No real chance in stopping to look back, only pushing forward.  All that remained in the past were ghosts who were all too real for her liking.

“You’re a mutant.”

“So?”

“Just making sure you’re aware.”

“You really are a dumbass.”

The man did not rise to the challenge.  Another stream of smoke flowed from her lips and then remainder of the cigarette was flung toward the man.  There was no looking up from his pad as the bud was swept away to the floor.  Between the pair was only the scrawling of a pen on paper.

“So what’s next?  Trial?  Prison?  Execution?  Going to parade me around the room so everyone can see what happens when little girls don’t play with their dolls?”

“We picked you up with quite a cache of drugs and weapons Miss Stanson.  Mind explaining?”

“Drug running is profitable.” The sneer on her face showed neither disdain or interest in the activity just as any teenager might take up a pizza delivery job.

“So they say.”  Another moment of scratching pen to paper.

“Going to add that to the list?”

“Already there.  Still you are not going to trial, not going to prison and perhaps you will keep your life a bit longer.  Seems there’s a school for people like you.  Mutants that need some help with their…issues.”

“Wait, you’re sending me to fuck’n school?” 

“Judging from your level of education you’re going to highschool.”

“Son of a bitch.”

kckolbe

Definitely love it.  Looks like Rogue and Psylocke have more competition in the "physically and sexually intimidating" category.  Just need a GM plot and ratings, though the ratings are optional.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Jag

I'm considering removing Lili and just making someone else. Would that be alright? I love my OC, but I keep getting the feeling that I'm going to get upset playing her because I'm still writing her 'story' in my fanfiction. O_o
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Pumpkin Seeds

Honestly I was kind of excited when you said you would give Boomer a crack.  She seems a rare character to see someone play.

kckolbe

Michi, that's fine.  Everything in approved characters is fair game for editing or outright replacing.  Whatcha thinkin?

Intro Thread

Jag

Boomer? You mean Boom Boom? I like her, but I think I might get annoyed with her. She annoyed me in the comics and show. >.< I just think she's funny in moderation.

I was thinking of Morph.

Pumpkin Seeds

Si!  Boom Boom..thought she was also called Boomer..my bad.

Jag

She was called that too. Here's a list of her known names:

Tabitha Smith
Time Bomb
Boom Boom
Boomer
Meltdown
Tabby Firecracker
Mutate #35
Nancy Forrester

Pumpkin Seeds

Poor girl is probably confused and just responds to anything.

Why not try for a Toad inspired character?  The Ray Park Toad anyway since we were talking about the awesomeness there.

Jag

kckolbe

Morph is fine, as would be any of the Boom variants.  I find it odd that we are talking about two characters, and the one who can change his appearance is the one with less identities.

As for Morph, depending on the reference, his powers vary significantly.  I would ask that you be negotiable with his power set, since I don't see him coming away with the entire list, which contains a lot of unrelated powers.

Also, a Toad-inspired char isn't a bad idea either.

Intro Thread

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on July 18, 2013, 10:59:06 AM
Poor girl is probably confused and just responds to anything.

Anything that sounds explosive anyways >.>
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Jag

Quote from: kckolbe on July 18, 2013, 11:04:01 AM
Morph is fine, as would be any of the Boom variants.  I find it odd that we are talking about two characters, and the one who can change his appearance is the one with less identities.

As for Morph, depending on the reference, his powers vary significantly.  I would ask that you be negotiable with his power set, since I don't see him coming away with the entire list, which contains a lot of unrelated powers.

Also, a Toad-inspired char isn't a bad idea either.

If I was going to play a Toad like character, I would want to just play Toad. >.<

As for Morph's powers, obviously his metamorph ability. He's a skilled actor and mimic. He has a photographic memory. Most versions of him have him having very limited Telekinesis and Telepathy, but I could drop those.

And he does have several names:
Kevin Sidney
Changeling
Crimson Pirate
Charles Xavier
Professor X
Proteus

kckolbe

Quote from: Michi No Sora on July 18, 2013, 11:31:37 AM
If I was going to play a Toad like character, I would want to just play Toad. >.<

As for Morph's powers, obviously his metamorph ability.

Yeah, that's the one I'm uncomfortable with.  I'm okay with his other stuff, just not the shapeshifting. ~grins~

Obviously kidding.  The metamorph ability is, of course, the signature ability.  He does have some kind of healing factor if he can reattach limbs. 

Last question, as with all new apps, can you play him without any current ties to the X-Men?  Either never joined or left under unfriendly circumstances?

Intro Thread

Jag

Without X-Men connections would remove his Telekinesis and Telepathy anyway, so that's fine. ^^

His entire list of known abilities is this:

Adaptive
Agility
Chameleon
Elasticity
Escape Artist
Flight
Healing
Invulnerability
Longevity
Psionic
Psychic
Shape Shifter
Size Manipulation
Stamina
Super Strength
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Unarmed Combat
Voice-induced Manipulation

Most of that has to do with his shapeshifting, but I'm going to remove several of his abilities.

kckolbe

Yeah, most of those I didn't mention since they were "sub-powers."  Looking forward to the char sheet.

Intro Thread

Imogen

The Irish Redhead: Siryn
Group Affiliation: Muir Island
Height:  5'6"
Weight: 115 lbs
Arch-Enemies:
Nickname: Terry

Sonic Powers:

Sonic Scream - Siryn  has the ability to emit high-decibel "sonic screams" to create various sonic effects with her vocal cords. She can also vary the pitch to deflect projectiles, and she even used it to deflect lasers once. She can shatter objects; project concussive blasts of sonic force (a "sonic lance"); or cause immediate pain, nausea/vomiting, and unconsciousness. She has shown a degree of resistance to what would be harmful and painful sounds and vibrations to normal humans or mutants without sonic-based powers.

Enhanced Hearing -  She possesses an enhanced sense of hearing and can use her voice for echolocation to detect objects.

Flight - While screaming, Siryn is able to fly at the speed of sound.

Psionic Shield - Create a force field that protects her against her own sonic vibrations to assist her ability to fly, and to help direct her sonic powers. In addition, she can also prevent others from hearing external sounds by a certain vocal pitch so that she can secretly deliver messages to them.

Siren's Call - Siryn is able to influence and control other human beings with her sonics, as well as cause them to enter a hypnotic state. Siryn can also cause the intended person to fall in love with her without regard to gender or sexual orientation and carry out her wishes and commands, like mythical Sirens.

She is vulnerable to losing the ability to use her power effectively by overstraining and overusing her sonic screams or injury to her throat and vocal cords. She also lacks fine control of her abilities when in extreme distress.

Biography:

While Sean Cassidy was working on a deep undercover mission for Interpol, his wife Maeve gave birth to their daughter, Theresa, at Cassidy Keep, Ireland. Not much later, Maeve died in an IRA bombing. With no means to contact Sean, his cousin Tom took care of Theresa. When Sean returned, Tom and Sean had a falling out over Maeve's death that led to Tom vowing to make Sean pay and never tell him about his daughter, raising her himself instead. When Tom starts to pursue a criminal career he sends Siryn to a boarding school. This makes her feel very lonely and abandoned and she develops a drinking problem at a very young age.

When her power manifest, she is trained by Tom (now known as Black Tom) as his apprentice in his criminal activities. While still a young teen, Theresa accompanied Black Tom to San Francisco. Here, employing the name Siryn, she aided him in a theft of vibranium, and battled the original Spider-Woman. Due to her inexperience, she performed poorly in battle. Initially believing her to be seriously hurt, Black Tom resolved to break all association with her so that she would not be exposed to further danger. Theresa feels she is abandoned again, and her drinking problem resurfaces.

Tom was captured and while in custody, he exonerated Theresa of responsibility for her crimes. He also wrote a letter to Sean explaining who she was. He entrusted the letter to one of his guards, but the letter never was mailed.

After she had been cleared of all charges, Theresa spent some time on Muir Island, where she assisted Moira MacTaggert with research. On Muir Island she met James Madrox and they grew close. Together they investigated a teenager mutant group called The Fallen Angels.

Shortly after she joins the X-Force Siryn begins an on-going flirtation with the mercenary Deadpool. Deadpool and Siryn initially became involved when the two met while fighting Black Tom Cassidy and the Juggernaut. Though Siryn had been warned that Deadpool was a madman and a murderer, she found herself quite taken with him, even looking past his horrific appearance. Due to this kindness, Deadpool becomes infatuated with Siryn. At first Siryn is unaware of this, but she is comforted in knowing that he is watching over her. Over time, Siryn became the voice of reason and sanity in Deadpool's ear, attempting to sway him to the side of good.

To battle her drinking problems Siryn joins the AA. Unfortunately, she is not able to keep this a secret from the other members of the X-Force and her problems become too big an issue for her to stay on the team. Despite her bitterness over this, she has managed to keep her drinking habit under control for the past years.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

kckolbe

Remove the Xavier and X-Mansion references and we are good.  Does she know that Sean is her father or that he is any kind of relative?

Intro Thread

Imogen

Quote from: kckolbe on July 18, 2013, 01:10:39 PM
Remove the Xavier and X-Mansion references and we are good.  Does she know that Sean is her father or that he is any kind of relative?

Lets say she doesn't know so we can save that revelation for the worst possible moment ;-) They'll probably figure out rather soon that there's some relationship, but as neither is too fond of even mentioning Tom, it may take longer than expected.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

kckolbe

All right.  Go ahead and make the edits, throw up a GM plot point, and assign ratings unless you want them from us. 

Intro Thread

Jag

Stuffing Him Away for a Rainy Day
Changeling: Morph
Group Affiliation: N/A
Sexuality: Depends what gender he is at the time. Bisexual?
Height: 5'11'
Weight: 180lbs
Arch-Enemies: Factor Three
Nickname: Changeling, Crimson Pirate

Powers: 
He is an omnimorph, capable of altering his shape, size, color, gender, and even reattaching severed limbs. His body is composed of unstable molecules. He is very hard to injure physically and impervious to most physical attacks. He possesses a healing factor and has healed from severe burns by making a sort of cocoon. This recovery process takes time depending on the severity of the injury.

Morph is capable of temporarily enhancing his strength to super-human levels, and able to lift twenty tons. This depends on the form that he takes. In his non-shifted form, he does not possess these strengths or speeds.

Morph possesses Longevity. He cannot live forever, but he simply ages slower than normal humans.

Morph also has no scent.

Skills: Skilled actor and photographic memory.
Unique/Special Features: Morph has no nose and cannot smell.
Bio: Morph is always hesitant to talk about his past, mostly because there are large parts that he cannot remember. Having met several mutants in his life with Longevity, he's realized that this is common with some of them. They simply live too long to remember. Their minds can only retain so much before it just starts to meld together and slip away.

What he does remember is this...

There came a point in his life when he realized that so much had leaked out of his putty like head in the way of knowledge that he had to go back to school. He felt somewhat guilty to do it, but he took on the identity of a dead boy and created a whole new life. He played the part of the boy, the mother, and the father on whatever occasions were needed. He was the class clown and loved to make people laugh. He was careful to never show the full extent of his powers and stuck to impersonations to amuse his peers.

At one point he allied himself with a shady organization known as Factor Three. This organization was bent on making mutants the dominant species instead of humanity, and was bent on world-domination. Eventually, after committing acts he is now ashamed of, he fled from the group realizing that their leader was a monster. He has lived his life since then trying to atone for the things he did.

Not long after leaving the Factor Three, he met a young mutant woman named Mariko. Her parents had disowned her and she was alone. Wanting to be the good person that he once was before the Factor, he took her in. The two fell in love, but it didn't last as the Factor finally caught up with him. They murdered the young girl while he was away. He did everything he could to track them down, but has yet to find them.

As much as he blames himself for her death, he knows that brooding over it will never help himself or her.

Years past, though how many he isn't sure of, and he's decided that it is time to do some good in the world. It isn't enough to just make people laugh anymore. He wants to do real good for the world.

Personality: Fun loving. Very easy going. Sometimes he has a habit of going too far and not taking anything seriously. It makes it hard to rely on him.

Power Grid

Intelligence 3
Strength 2 - 4*
Speed  2
Durability 6
Energy Projection 1
Fighting Skills 3
* Capable of increasing his own strength based on form

More Pictures of Morph

GM Plot:

***NOTES: Mariko is also the name of the woman Wolverine loved, but there is no relation. At least not for this character sheet. In the comics they were the same person, just different Earths. But for this game, there would be no relation if there was any to begin with.

I'll have to think on the GM plot point.