Promises in the Dark: a Reality Show (slots open, need more men!)

Started by Top Cat, June 10, 2014, 04:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Cat

I'm starting up another group game, Not Your Normal Harem Show. This is unrelated to any decision for this game - whether this game moves forward or gets shelved depends on the character sheets we've received by Wednesday Night or Thursday Morning. The reason I'm doing this is that Harem isn't going to be as GM-heavy as Promises and Scholarship. I don't think I'd be able to run both of those concurrently; Harem, on the other hand, shouldn't interfere. ;)

Edit: Oh, and it's also much more light-hearted in nature.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Keaira

Character name: Nina Michaels

Gender and Sex: Female

Basic personality: Nina is a sweet, fun loving woman. She likes being around people and having a good time. Nina can be an absolute flirt which was part of what lead to her downfall with relationships, or at least how she has brought herself to believe. Even with her sweet and generally kind personality she is the type to fight for what she believes in and can turn into the total opposite of what others expect her to be like. Since her break up she has tried the dating scene, but whenever things get too serious she tends to close herself off and push the person away out of fear of being hurt again.

What happened to turn you off relationships? It was the perfect romance. She had been set to marry him in just a month after being together since high school. They had both finished getting their degrees and were living in an apartment together. Out of the blue there were changes in him. They would fight constantly, he'd accuse her of cheating, even became rough with her during sex as a reminder of who she was with. At some point it was no longer venomous words that were thrown at her, but physical blows to her body. Still she stayed by his side and tried to prove that she wasn't cheating, that she wanted no one but him. In her mind if she changed what was upsetting him everything would stop. Then of course she saw the messages. The man had been cheating on her for months and from the looks of it- planned on seeing the chick during their honeymoon. That was the last straw and Nina moved out that very night while her ex slept never to look back.

What are your strong points (pick three)? Dancing, helping others, taking care of herself
These are things that you do well, enjoy doing, etc.

What are your weak points (pick two)? People who lie, if Nina finds out she was lied to she gets pissed. Being confronted/yelled at.
These are things that piss you off, make you upset, etc.

Might need a little tweaking, but here it is.
Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

Top Cat

Looks good, Keaira. =^_^=

That's three ladies submitted and zero guys. Come on, men, the ladies are making you look bad! ;)
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Top Cat

Still giving it another day-plus before I make the decision of whether to run this or shelve it. Where did all the dudes disappear to? =O_o=
O/O / Story Seeds

Keaira

Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

jessie20

She's a Man Eater, oh oh...

Sorry, I don't know any more of that song.
Girls, give me a holla' if you want to YIM

Keaira

Oh's and No's

Greytrail

Black Howling

Quote from: Greytrail on June 24, 2014, 03:15:47 PM
Shame to leave the ladies hanging....

Maybe Grey should have been Recruiting on IM? Peeking at this now.

jessie20

Perhaps the men don't want anything to do with failures in their relationship.  Or perhaps my attraction to ladies are driving them away.

Play your cards right, boys, and you get a 3-some!  Complete with crying jag after...

Greytrail

Quote from: Black Howling on June 24, 2014, 04:14:43 PM
Maybe Grey should have been Recruiting on IM? Peeking at this now.
Brother Wolf! Headbutts and salivations! I'm technically co-GMing here, but I might be convinced to wreak some havoc at your side!

Ethoxyethane

Character name: James Silverstone

Height: 6' 2"

Gender and Sex: Straight Male

Basic personality: Manipulative, Fearless, Charming, Mysterious, Secretive

What happened to turn you off relationships?  "That's for the producers and the good people of America to know."  -James

What are your strong points (pick three)?  Independent leader; may come off as a control freak, but retains a coolness.  Determined; unyielding to what, or whom, he desires.

What are your weak points (pick two)?  "Don't touch the face." -James   Tall women, short men- relates to his strong opinion on gender role issues.

Top Cat

Now we're cooking with gas. =^_^=

3 ladies, 1 man rolling.
O/O / Story Seeds

Keaira

C'mon guys. I don't bite, unless you want me to, but you can ask TC. I'm a sweetheart :P
Oh's and No's

Kerri

Well, I have more than a half character sheet created for both a female and a male player, so I'm just waiting to see what's going on here. If there are two more guys that want in though, I'll back out so that you can get the game started.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Top Cat

Write up the Male characterin the thread, please, Kerri, and send me the Female by PM, and we'll figure out which is best. You guys are starting to make me feel like we're actually going to get this rolling. =^_^=

While I think that 6 characters is light for the overall story, I'm willing to give it a go rather than kick it down the road a few months. And... if two guys sign up, I'm perfectly willing to give a Hollywood drama moment for the characters to realize that there's more women than men... ;)
O/O / Story Seeds

Kerri

Okay, I am going to go to bed right now, so I'll finish up those char sheets in the morning and I'll get them to you then. Sorry for the tease :P

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

jessie20

Top Cat, why don't you invite in my good buddy Magical Pen?  I'd go on a one-on-one date with him.  Giggle

Kerri

Character name: Michael Jonathon Ashford

Gender and Sex: Straight Male

Basic personality: Mike is a jaded individual, after serving in the military, going to war, and losing his leg in a bombing while on foreign soil, he is a very cautious when getting close with people. His recovery went well, mainly because he was determined to do whatever needed to get back on his own two feet, even if one was a prosthetic. He is a man that many look up to, although he rarely sees that, and doesn’t understand why, after all, he feels he’s just living the way anyone would.

What happened to turn you off relationships? Mike was happily married, or so he thought, to Monica. They married 2 years before he was sent overseas. He missed her while gone, but did everything in his power to make it easier on her, skype calls as often as he could, and always trying to be understanding. He missed her incredibly, but he always put up a strong front when talking to her. He wanted to be her rock. He returned home from the Medical Center, only to be greeted by a very pregnant wife at the airport. The shock and discovery completely shattered him, but everything suddenly made sense, no wonder she hadn’t been willing to come visit him after his first couple of months in the hospital. She obviously must have been getting larger and larger, and she wouldn’t have had the benefit of the drugs he had been on to keep him unaware of her condition. She told him then that things were over, that his things were packed and at his mother’s house, and that the home he shared with her was occupied by her and someone else.

What are your strong points (pick three)?
Camping, hiking, running, anything outdoors and active. He mainly does these things alone.
Shooting, he loves to go hunting, or to go shooting at the range
Anything that people think he’s unable to do because of his disability, he loves to prove people wrong.

What are your weak points (pick two)?
Talking about the war, or the things he’s done there, political talks of any kind, and those who disrespect those in the military.
People telling him what he can and can’t do because of his disability, those who greatly underestimate him because of the loss of his leg.

A picture or detailed description of my appearance

I'll get the female character sheet to you later today. I have some things I need to do this morning that I forgot about last night. Sorry for the delay.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Top Cat

Once Black Howling posts a character, we'll be at 3/3. Here's hoping we can get two more men tonight. ;)

Quick opinion to all: Do you want to try to get it started now, or give it until Friday night, and hope that people who haven't been on suddenly notice this thread? =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds

jessie20

Keaira

I think for the sake of holding interest we should get started sooner rather than later. Of course Im just eager to get started and slap myself into something fun.. or something like that.

(Got good news and is really happy so I am making no sense when I type. ^_^)
Oh's and No's

Ethoxyethane

I think it might be best if we wait.  I believe I recall a guy or two posting about holding off until next weekend.  Plus, maybe they might just be busy since it is a weekday.   :-)

Top Cat

Yeah, but weekends tend to be dead-dead-DEAD around here. People have LIVES, or something. =O_o=
O/O / Story Seeds

Keaira

Oh's and No's