Pathfinder (DnD) for Newbies and Beginners (looking for 2)

Started by hippyness, May 04, 2013, 08:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

I figure my character is in this backwater in Taldor because he's laying low. Seems likely his roguish ways have gotten him in trouble, and this place in the middle of nowhere seemed a great place to stay while letting the commotion he caused elsewhere die down. Once he hears about the noblewoman, he'll want in just for a reward, because he's probably itching for cash at this point. If a group looks like it's forming, he'll want in, of course. Especially if he hears Roxy's character saying this:

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on May 09, 2013, 09:56:10 PM
      "What? How dare you sir. Just because I'm rescuing a damsel, doesn't mean I'm going to ransom her back to her family for piles of gold. Yes, yes, maybe I'd ask politely for compensation for having dealt with some minor and inconsequential bandits and ruffians, but that is hardly a ransom. Besides, I bet she wasn't even carrying her golden tiara or bejeweled handkerchief when they took her into those woods. What kind of lady would keep those things in her luxury carriage to get stolen by inconsequential bandits, who wouldn't even know where to hide such treasures properly, lest they be stolen back by stout hearted adventurers. If I were looking for riches, you rude person, I would hardly need to ransom grateful, generous, high born ladies."      

There are so many money references that my greedy rogue wouldn't be able to resist. His eyes just light up with golden coins, and he starts to drool in anticipation of generous noblewomen and treasure.

I'd be happy to tie in my dhampir, Syrex, to anyone else's character. It's entirely possible that he's, er, "bumped" into another character before, perhaps unburdening them from a few of their less needed coins.  ;)  Doesn't mean he's out to start trouble now, of course. He's supposed to be behaving right now to avoid further trouble.

It's also possible that he knows any other rogue character, maybe if they were in a guild together.

Roxy Rocket

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on May 10, 2013, 11:39:44 AM
Okay so I have settled on a Ulfen Human Female Shield Maiden With the Cavalier Class and the Archetype Beast Rider and will have an Auroch as my mount. Would anyone like to make some background ties?

Maybe the north has been having trouble for a while and folk have come south trying to avoid it ( and maybe with unseasonal winter popping up all over galorian however you spellit, all over the place she decides it might be time to see about fixing it?

short term: our party is probably not full of people used to real winters... and yours finds put we're going to wander into the woods and probably get ourselves killed... unless you come along?

Also? AUROCHS! Woo! Yeaaaah.

sorry about the mess, I'm typing on this useless... phone... thingnevermind.

Quote from: Blythe on May 10, 2013, 04:32:25 PM
It's also possible that he knows any other rogue character, maybe if they were in a guild together.

The village is a backwater in the south of the kingdom. Sounds like the kind of place you'd be able to run a fence out of: Naughty people bring their ill gotten goods here, have them run over the boarder or shipped over the sea to that bigass city... one with the starstone... whatever.

Fence runs goods out and brings gold or ordered items in. Maybe one of is that fence, or has just been smuggled in after a bad go in another territory, or hanging around waiting for a well to do naughty person to team up with.

Shame there are no rich people in the group, you could be their butler.

Jeeeeeeeves!

Yugi: I didn't read about the class, butdon't oracles and priests and stuff... don't they get circumstances arranged so they turn up at the right place and time? Or maybe just get an address, like a pizza delivery person, handed to them by the powers that be?

Yukina

Mary finds her beeper went off. "Hmm..one miraculous presence at a random village and they also need a medium sausage pizza." The oracle then goes on her way.

hippyness

Okay everyone, here we go. We'll mostly move into the IC and OOC thread but I'd like to keep character creation and totally off topic conversation here.

Please read whichever link goes to the OOC thread first. It will explain some stuff. I like to teach in to moment, table tops are easier that way but I will answer questions as they get asked.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173718.0

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173716.0
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

Roxy Rocket

Joy. I'll cut a chunk out of my fluff, go and expos...ition myself into play and try to decide where to take my diplomacy roll for information.

Juuuust as soon as Ihave a little nap

Blythe

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on May 10, 2013, 05:37:30 PM
Fence runs goods out and brings gold or ordered items in. Maybe one of is that fence, or has just been smuggled in after a bad go in another territory, or hanging around waiting for a well to do naughty person to team up with.

Shame there are no rich people in the group, you could be their butler.

Jeeeeeeeves!

I quite like the idea of someone being a fence that my dhampir would team up with.

And nah, wouldn't be the butler. Maybe gigolo, but not a butler.  ::)

Now I'm off to check out the OOC and IC. If anyone wants to plan anything with my character, feel free to PM me. I'll work on a description of my character, a bit of history, etc. to be posted where it belongs so there's some info about him.

Marie Reynolds

Thanks for the opportunity but it seems I will have to withdraw.

hippyness

We are currently looking for two people to join us on our wintery trip. Any other people interested but new to Pathfinder that would like to play can post here and I'll contact you by PM as soon as I am able.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

chaospaladin

Hey there. I would love to play, but I'm afraid I'm not all that new. But if the slot remains open let me know if you'd be okay with a bit of an experienced player.

Kay Tana

I've played a decent amount of 3.5, but sadly my DnD days died out right before 4.0. I need to read back over all the posts, but I'm going to just blindly throw in my hat on this one.

PS I've read the whole thread now and I'm even more interested. I think the inquisitor I made for Autocad's game would be a good fit here with a few tweaks. Is there set starting gold or do we have the recommended average per our class? Here is what I'd have so far.
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12253

SheepishRogue

An opening :o now's my chance!

I am completely new to pathfinder/DnD would like to try out a DnD system for once in my life (especially since my roommate just joined one XD). Will brush up on the basics in the meantime. :)
More about me!       Ons and Offs
Skype Available