The Team (Super, NC-Exotic)

Started by ivygrowth, May 21, 2012, 11:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darwishi

How about I post a profile up for Haste and Heatwave and you can tell me which one you like more? ^_^

AndyZ

Valkyrie can telekinetically lift herself, which isn't much faster than she can run, so a flyer who can move at closer to airplane speeds would certainly have a place.  (Admittedly didn't read the links; just wanted to give the notice quick that I wouldn't feel slighted or anything.)
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ivygrowth

You can post both if you like, or just pick whichever you would prefer to play ;)  I didn't notice Haste in your list. 

AribethAmkiir

I left "undesirable consequences" vague so that the GM could have fun with it.  I was thinking of anything from completely missing the location and ending up falling into the dumpster/river/lake/pool/etc to something more drastic like appearing in the middle of a busy intersection or a wall/solid object which would cause grievous bodily harm to the character.

I don't mind reducing her range, if you wanted.  Not being able to teleport when in contact with gold or lead, doesn't seem logical to me.  When compared to canonical teleporters she's fairly limited, but I don't mind limiting her further.  Maybe simply to line of sight.  With her initial teleportation a fluke or possibly the promise of what she might be able to accomplish one day.  In fact, now that I'm thinking about it more, would limiting her to "line of sight" work better for the game?  If you really wanted we could make it so that she can't teleport if in contact with gold.  I just personally dislike the "kryptonite" weaknesses for characters.

Darwishi

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 26, 2012, 08:41:24 PM
You can post both if you like, or just pick whichever you would prefer to play ;)  I didn't notice Haste in your list.

Yeah, Haste isn't in there.  I just kind of came up with a list of who I'd like to play at the time of posting it cause I was sick of people asking me what characters I had. =P

I still wind up coming up with original ones.  I'd probably have suggested Mercy (which is also not on the list) but you already have a screamer, so yeah.

Also do you want Haste in your character sheet format or more of the format of my detailed characters on my sheet?

ivygrowth

Ah, okay :-)  I may have fun with that  >:)

I don't mind her range in general, and we don't have to use the metal ideas :-)   My main thought in suggesting it was that if she can always teleport, there is never going to be a situation she can't escape from. 

Line of Sight could work if you don't mind it, and could be overcome for ranged travel by just going up into the air to increase what she can see. 

I do like the idea of blind teleports with unpredictable results though.  Is a tough one.   :-\

I would prefer them in the simple format I have. 

AribethAmkiir

I'll make those changes. 

I think line of sight makes it so that she can't teleport away from certain situations, also with her addictive tendencies anything that could alter her cognition level to the degree I tried to describe would hinder her ability to teleport.  I do see your concern though, especially considering the type of game you want to create.

I think the best solution would be having a "line of sight" limit with blind jumps resulting in unpredictable results, as well as, the weaknesses already listed.  That way you as GM won't always have to get her addicted, use mind control, gas, or other intoxicants to prevent her escape and the character won't have to spend 90% of her free time in detox.  :p

What do you think?

ivygrowth

Darwishi

I was gonna suggest that maybe she has to take things with her that are relatively light (like clothing) and in contact with her.  So maybe if she's tied up she could teleport out, but she'd still be tied up whenever she got to where she was going.

If you do line of sight, a good weakness is a simple blindfold. ^_^ 

I'm kind of leaning towards Haste because she has some of these "natural" weaknesses too.  Heatwave's abilities never really get shut off, per se, but she's a lot more fleshy (meaning she can be shot or stabbed or injected with toxins easily).

AribethAmkiir

All right, I've edited the character sheet to fix it to line of sight.  Is there anything else I need to change?

AndyZ

Just my thoughts, since other folks were nice enough to chime in for me.  Fair warning it gets exceptionally metaphysical, so feel free to just ignore if I'm too off.

When she teleports, how does she determine location?  Does she have some sort of ESP link that forms a connection to a place, or does she conjure an image of the place and her mind shunts her off in that direction?

Basically, is it possible that if she's thinking of a white room with a sofa and a TV, and there just so happens to be a similar room clear across town that was nowhere near where she wanted, would there be any chance of accidentally going to the wrong place?

I strongly recommend against the whole teleporting into solid objects thing.  Although she might be afraid of it happening, I've heard theories that it would make you explode, or that the close proximity of various types of atoms would fuse them together, so that carbon and iron might fuse to the sum of their atomic numbers, and other nasty nasty nasty things that would be instant character death.

I've also seen things where people will end up teleported several feet above where they wanted to be, leaving them in for a nasty landing.  Depending on how her teleportation works, she might even have to account for the movement of the Earth.

On stranger methods of hazards, I've seen at least one story where someone teleported and it took several hours, even though he had no recollection of any time having passed during that time.  Presumably he got a little scrambled and it took some time for all his molecules to get back together in the right order.

If desired, I'll try to remember some of the other zany ones I remember from old stories, in order to spice things up with interesting complications.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Thorn14

ivygrowth

Haste should work, post her when you can. :-)

Looks good AribethAmkiir, I added her to the OOC thread, feel free to post her introduction in the IC thread.

Interesting thoughts, which could factor in for blind teleports.  Teleporting into a solid object probably won't happen, just because it does seem nasty regardless of the result, though I could see her displacing solid objects in a blind teleport, accidentally blowing up a tree or similar.

Sounds good Thorn14 :-)

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: AndyZ
When she teleports, how does she determine location?  Does she have some sort of ESP link that forms a connection to a place, or does she conjure an image of the place and her mind shunts her off in that direction?

Initially I was thinking that this with a combination of seeing where she wanted to go and going there, like throwing a ball, would be how she teleports.

Quote from: AndyZBasically, is it possible that if she's thinking of a white room with a sofa and a TV, and there just so happens to be a similar room clear across town that was nowhere near where she wanted, would there be any chance of accidentally going to the wrong place?

Which would in fact make this possible, though unlikely due to the fact that the two rooms would have to be 100% identical.

Quote from: AndyZI strongly recommend against the whole teleporting into solid objects thing.  Although she might be afraid of it happening, I've heard theories that it would make you explode, or that the close proximity of various types of atoms would fuse them together, so that carbon and iron might fuse to the sum of their atomic numbers, and other nasty nasty nasty things that would be instant character death.

I would concur, though, I'm leaving that to the GM"s discretion.

Quote from: AndyZI've also seen things where people will end up teleported several feet above where they wanted to be, leaving them in for a nasty landing.  Depending on how her teleportation works, she might even have to account for the movement of the Earth.

This would be the typical "unpredictable consequences" from a "blind" teleport, in my opinion.  Though the zanier the better, too.

Quote from: AndyZOn stranger methods of hazards, I've seen at least one story where someone teleported and it took several hours, even though he had no recollection of any time having passed during that time.  Presumably he got a little scrambled and it took some time for all his molecules to get back together in the right order.

With GM approval, I may use this if I have to take a temporary leave of absence.

Quote from: AndyZIf desired, I'll try to remember some of the other zany ones I remember from old stories, in order to spice things up with interesting complications.

I don't see the harm in that.  Could be a lot of fun, and at the very least it'd give our GM some ideas.

With changing her powers to "line of sight" I think it'd work more like tossing a ball, and for simplicities sake, can we simply state that part of her ability to teleport takes in wind speed, planet rotation, and whatever else so that she can hit her mark with accuracy?

JerichoMyers

Dammit! Damn my long hours at work....... If anyone is inactive or quits, can you message me? I already have about half, a bit over, of the profile done but since Thorn is making his, I'll wait. Also, my post is done...... I love writing with the character, so I wrote the post first..... Yes yes, stupid me.

AndyZ

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 26, 2012, 09:27:54 PM
Initially I was thinking that this with a combination of seeing where she wanted to go and going there, like throwing a ball, would be how she teleports.

Which would in fact make this possible, though unlikely due to the fact that the two rooms would have to be 100% identical.

I would concur, though, I'm leaving that to the GM"s discretion.

This would be the typical "unpredictable consequences" from a "blind" teleport, in my opinion.  Though the zanier the better, too.

With GM approval, I may use this if I have to take a temporary leave of absence.

I don't see the harm in that.  Could be a lot of fun, and at the very least it'd give our GM some ideas.

With changing her powers to "line of sight" I think it'd work more like tossing a ball, and for simplicities sake, can we simply state that part of her ability to teleport takes in wind speed, planet rotation, and whatever else so that she can hit her mark with accuracy?

I'll think on it to try to get some more.  I do want to note, though, that you should consider whether momentum and velocity are maintained.  If you've played Portal, you understand what I'm going with for this, but if not, if she falls out of a plane and teleports after hitting terminal velocity, is she going at terminal velocity after the teleport?

If it helps to know, Nightcrawler does maintain velocity.

As far as the "wrong room" trick, though, I would imagine that if it's a blind teleport, and she's going by her memory alone, it may very well be possible that she just ends up with a place that mostly fits the spot in her mind's eye.  Doubly so if she doesn't really know much about the place and is forced to try to teleport there without a good mental image.  However, your char, your call.

Presumably the 50 mile limit is maintained, so she can't accidentally end up in Taiwan.

For sake of clarification, I should probably have asked before if she's aware of direction and location for teleports, which would have gone into the whole wrong room thing.  Too late now, not a big deal, but it's something I should remember.

ivygrowth

The throwing the ball idea is fine.  With blind teleports things will get alot iffier ;)

The cut off was meant for heroines and those who haven't posted in this thread already, sorry if that wasn't clear.  As you wanted to play a villain, and have posted, you're fine JerichoMyers ;)

I'd be fine with her being able to decide whether or not to maintain momentum with each teleport, though I doubt she could build momentum directly by teleporting, but will leave it up to Aribeth to decide. 

AribethAmkiir

I was keeping Nightcrawler in mind when I was building the character, and I know he often has to try to decrease his speed (when falling) so he doesn't go splat.  Hopefully what I write is at least believable if not 100% scientifically accurate.

Darwishi

EDIT: Done!

Name: Alexis Swift
Alias: Haste
Height: 5'8"
Hair: Raven black.  As Alexis it's down in curls to her midback.  As Haste she pulls it back into a tight ponytail.
Eyes: Extremely dark brown.  Often her eyes are considered black.
Appearance: Alexis is a beautiful woman with an athletic build and chocolate colored skin.  Her natural beauty doesn't require much make-up at all, which allows her to wear very minimal amounts, and never having to worry about it getting smeared in the middle of battle.  She has small B-cup breasts, long toned legs and a nice bubble butt.  Though by the standards of most black girls her butt is on the small side.  If she could get away with jeans and a tank top at school she would, but most often she'll wear a proper, knee-length skirt or pants suit to class.
Images

Personality: Alexis is a smart and tough English teacher that enjoys making the kids in her class use their brains rather than do drills over and over again.  Creativity is her philosophy and she wants the teens to really get creative.  At school she's the teacher that kids enjoy going to, but those not in her class think she's extremely strict.  It's not to say that she's not strict, but the rules are the rules in her class and no one is going to push the boundaries or even test them without serious consequences.  Once they get past that, she's actually a fun teacher and will help any student out that needs help with an assignment.

In costume, Haste is a different person.  It's not that she doesn't hold the same values as she does in her classroom, she does.  In fact she believes that there are serious consequences for breaking the law and she's not afraid to beat up a couple of thugs (even if their in her class) to teach them a lesson.  She works well with the police officers, able to shoot the shit with them if she has a little bit of downtime.  She opens up a little more as Haste than she does as Alexis.  A psychologist may say it's because of the mask, able to hide behind it without consequence, but she'd say it's no different than letting go when going out clubbing. 

History: Alexis grew up on the rough side of town and has always had a bit of a rough edge to her.  She's come across her abilities naturally having had both parents be metahumans.  When she was around eight she came into a situation that she couldn't get out of.  There was a shootout and a bullet came through her bedroom window striking her dead between the eyes.  The young Alexis that that was it, that death must feel like a sharp pain and then nothing more.

However that wasn't the case at all.  She come around the next morning convinced that she woke up in Hell.  It took a bit of convincing from her mother and father that she wasn't in Hell but still in the same rough neighborhood they'd always lived in.  The process took about a year to full get over between sessions with her school counselor, but more importantly the English teacher at her school.  She got her feelings out on paper and managed to get through it after roughly a year.

Knowing that she was unbreakable did empower her a good deal.  She thought she'd be a heroine like her mom had been, and in her early teens she took up the role as "Brickhouse" in her neighborhood.  Once her mom and dad found out she got grounded for what seemed like forever and scolded and hugged.  She was told that they just worried for her safety and that being a superhero was no game.  She insisted that she knew, but like many things when you're a kid, you just don't know

Alexis really didn't get her first real-world experience until she was seventeen.  She'd filled out and had the nice curvy hips, full breasts, and a beautiful smile.  She'd been walking home from school after she missed the bus.  When three guys confronted her and ordered her to take off her clothes she looked at them like they were insane.  After they rushed her she ran in the other direction.  She ran and ran, until she suddenly realized she was clear across the county in only her panties and tank top.  Her shoes and pants had burned from the sudden burst of speed.

She kept it a secret from her parents but she got a swimsuit, figuring that it would hold up to her running, some boots with a three inch heel and a domino mask.  She managed to actually clean up a couple of blocks near her house and start up a few rumors about a new superheroine roaming the streets.  The ability to dodge bullets and kick ass got her adrenaline up as a late teen and even at college she could do no wrong. 

Alexis was two years into college before her first defeat.  She chased down a purse snatcher up to a rooftop.  He managed to lose her and then shoved her off the five-story dormitory.  She fell and slammed into the pavement.  When he realized she didn't die he took her back to his place, tied her up, stripped her, and then proceeded to humiliate her.  He forced her to so many orgasms she lost count, then he raped her every hole all the while forcing her to enjoy it.  She did manage an escape after that and kicked his ass.

A few short months later the city recognized her as a heroine of the people.  As she was now to be a public figure they gave her new golden suit that would keep up with her abilities, and an earpiece that she could use to contact the authorities.  People would recognize her on sight and run away, she'd chase them down, get them arrested and go to the next crime scene. 

Over time she gained quite the reputation for cleaning up a lot of the rougher neighborhoods.  Able to continue her day job and clean up the streets by molding young minds to be creative rather than destructive, and her night job by teaching them the consequences for breaking the law.  Now at 32 she's scarcely been defeated (although it has happened a few times) and protects her part of the city (the "inner city") as best she can.

Super Power #1: Super Speed. Alexis can move at speeds well above the sound barrier.  And while she hasn't been able to clock her fastest speed, she knows she can easily cause several sonic booms in one run.  If she ran full blast for two hours without needing to stop for food or to catch her breath, or needing to dodge such things as people, trees, or buildings, she could theoretically run around the world at the equator once.  However sustaining such a speed for such a time has proven, as of yet, impossible for her.  She can react extremely fast as well, allowing her to dodge or even catch bullets shot at her.
Super Power #2: Unbreakable.  As one might imagine running at such speeds causes a lot of stress on the body. It would be useless to have such power without a secondary power to back it up.  Her skin, muscles, tendons, organs, bones and all are unbreakable.  Meaning if she trips while running several times the speed of sound she'll bounce, skid, and careen around for a while, but she won't die from a simple trip and fall...or from running into a bug at such speeds.  It also has the added benefit of being bullet proof and slash proof.  A minor result of this is her natural beauty.  Most people have cells that start to break down at a certain age (between 25 and 30 typically), but Alexis' cells don't do this.  After she reached her peak at 27 she plateau here and hasn't aged since. 

Equipment:
Costume: Haste's costume is made of a material that can stand up to her and her insane speeds.  Because of the speeds she runs at the costume has to be skin tight, though not so tight it looks painted on.  The costume itself is a soft, shiny gold color, and full body. The costume is also backless with an X much like a one-piece swimsuit would have to hold it up and secure.  It covers her legs and her front but not her arms.  She wears boots with a three-inch heel, just enough to give her legs some definition but not impossible to run in.  They are also gold in color and can stand up to her abilities.  Finally she wears a sleek gold domino mask over the top half of her face to help conceal her identity.  Helpful since half the thugs she runs into go to the same school she's a teacher.

Weakness:
Bondage: As much as she'd hate to admit it, she can't run if her legs are tied up.  She might be able to flail around really fast, but a good hogtie can keep her down.  Though anything to keep her feet immobile will work.
Trip Wires: Wires can be set up to trip her up.  She can't watch the ground while she's running or she'd simply run into something.  Wires up high or down low tend to work, when moving at super speeds it's plain hard to see a wire.  She can be clotheslined or tripped up, or a trap could be set to trigger if she trips a wire.  At any rate they're difficult to see.
Sticky Situations: Similarly an extremely sticky surface could bind her legs up long enough that she'll trip and fall, or that she'll fall into more of the goop. 
Slippery Surfaces: It's not impossible to run on slippery surfaces, but it is hard to stop or otherwise turn. 
Drugs: Inhaled, ingested, or absorbed through the skin all work on her.  While she may not be able to be injected with anything, many other delivery methods work.
Unbreakable. Not Invincible: While she can't break a bone in her body, get a scratch, or shot.  That doesn't mean that things don't still hurt.  Getting shot is painful, or punched in the face.  Getting tossed off a tall building or run over by a trailer truck would still knock her out and give her a migraine afterwards.  While she doesn't bruise, the immediate pain is still there as are lingering pains, such as if she got kicked in the crotch.
Incredible Appetite: Alexis burns an incredible amount of calories when she's running around saving lives.  It requires her to eat massive amounts of food in order to keep up her healthy figure. 
Sneak Attack: A sneak attack works well with her.  Anything she can see coming can be dodged, but hit her from a blindspot (particularly behind her) and she won't be able to react in time. 
Costume: Her costume has to be stretchy in order for it to work right on her frame and while she's using her abilities.  If it weren't she'd burn a hole in it due to friction between just the fabric and her skin, not to mention her legs rubbing together or other such things.  The extra "stretch" in it allows it to move with her and flex when it needs to.  However this also means that she can be raped straight through the costume without needing to take it off.

Player Ons/Offs: Seriously too long to list.
Player Limits: I should be able to post once a day or at least once every two days.  If not then I'll give a heads up in the OOC.

Thorn14

Name:Tessa Fianna Klerx
Alias: Tess
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality: Tessa is friendly and at times sarcastic and joking with people she knows well. Around superiors she is polite and a bit shy around strangers and meek when under pressure.
History:Tessa has always lived a sheltered life, being raised at home for most of her childhood, home schooled, and generally not knowing much of the real world. She still had a few friends of course, and was friendly and social enough, but never went out to party and drink and other things expected out of her. Going into photography and digital editing, this bit her in the butt. Not having much contacts or the ability make them caused her to not find much luck pertaining to her career, and instead was just only coasting on a low wage job. Her stress over this reached an apex, having a minor stress panic attack. To help her out her parents funded her a trip to Dream Lake, on her own, to relax and be on her own. After exploring a cave she wandered and became lost, where in the dark cave she bumped into a crystal, changing her life forever...
Super Power #1: Manipulation of Light and Darkness. She can create light or darkness to brighten up an area to a blinding degree or snuff all the light out of an area.
Super Power #2: She can create various energy blasts of light and darkness,
Weakness: The concentration and darkness in her head makes her mind and willpower weaker than usual for a super. Also, bright light can stun her.
Player Ons: Seductive women, mind control, illusions, magic.
Player Offs: Messy sex, hard torture, pregnancy
Player Limits: scat, gore, vore, urine, that stuff. (Unless limit means when I can post, I can post pretty frequently, especially if I'm having a lot of fun.)

Darwishi

I don't think it's possible for me to write a "short" profile. XDD

Thorn14

ivygrowth

She looks good Darwishi, though if you see her working/superheroing in Dream Lake she may not fit great.  I'm not sure there would be a true rough side of town/inner city at the moment.  There might be a few bad spots, but nothing like in a huge city.  She could be there on vacation or similar though.

Looks good as well Thorn14.  How bright of a light is required to stun her Thorn14?  And how do you see her weaker willpower working?  Is she gullible?  Easily mind controlled?

Darwishi

I left the city out on purpose.  Typically I have her in an Atlanta analog, but knowing this is in Washington I was hesitant.

Vacation works for me, obviously she doesn't need airfare. =P

Or she could be called out there for some reason, I figure as her popularity grew she probably got called out of town for various things since she's able to get there pretty quick.

Also she also has a partner, Vendetta, in the Atlanta analog, which fits in with the superheroine team thing.  Maybe if she was called away then it leaves it to Vendetta to watch over Terminus City (which is what I generally call the city).  She definitely teaches at an inner city school, not sure if I made that clear or not. 

So vacation, or she's chased a villain up here, or she's chased just someone in general...really could be a lot of things, I don't mind which ever one and her getting wrapped up in team things.

Thorn14

Probably something like a heavy spotlight will weaken her.

And Yeah, probably easily seduced, manpulated, and mind controlled. If it were DnD she'd have a low willpower roll.