News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Is this the final design?

Started by Izu, July 10, 2014, 02:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gadifriald

Could we get a fix on the black banner background? It's hard on the eyes! How about a nice light color. And I ask on behalf of the Herald & Post staff :-)
I am a mighty ravisher of captive damsels and princesses!

Dale

Beorning

Okay, I think something strange happened: after I clicked "refresh" in my browser, the horror disappeared and now it's looks... readable.

I think that CSS didn't load or something...

Still, I really think that previous design was better. The current one seems... a bit weird.

Haibane

Someone mentioned alternative colour buttons or themes - could a kind soul link me to where that is please? Many thanks.

Vampdrake19

I'm with Beorning.  I prefer the design I'm familiar with, which was before the shoutbox showed up.  Nothing against it, but I tend to get chaotic when something in my familiar flow gets disrupted and I don't want people from my actual life to know what's going on in my Internet life.
Available for New Threads.  See links below if interested.  PM for discussion.  RP threads on Forums ONLY.
Bloodscale Manor (Updated with O/O's and Character Pods)
Thread Parlor
Times Away (A/A's)
Fair warning to those who are partners with me, recently or previously: posts will come slow, so patience is required.  Also: I don't reply to E-mails and I don't do Discord

Oreo

Each change seems to be getting a bit better. Thanks for the fixes. :D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Vekseid

If someone wants to edit:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/Themes/elliquiy2/css/elliquiy.css

And send me their own version, I'll be happy to consider replacing it as the default or adding it as an option. Redoing the entire theme is also a possibility, but it's a much bigger pain : /

Beorning

Hm. I have a small request: could you make the colours of the forum a bit more... intense? Before, the forum was all shades of blue, which looked nice. Now, everything has taken a shade of grey... and is much more pale.

Kye

I like the grey better than the blue...  :-\

Chrystal

I shudder to think how this is messing with someone like Blinkin...

Okay he has the advantage that he can't see the colours, but with the shoutbox open by default at the top of the page, and given that us sighted folks had trouble finding the close button, judging by the number of people I saw asking how and the fact that it took me a while to find the button, how is his text to voice software going to cope?

With the constantly scrollimg text, I would think it would seriously mess up the software...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Caeli

I think there's a lack of consistency between the full-screen version of the shoutbox and the embedded version.  People are using all sorts of font colors that are probably fine in the paler full-screen version, but which are hideous against the darker colors of the embedded shoutbox.

I'll poke at the CSS tonight, but as of recently no longer have access to my computer, so it's a bit harder without my regular toolbox of stuff.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Oreo

Quote from: Vekseid on July 10, 2014, 04:52:50 PM
If someone wants to edit:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/Themes/elliquiy2/css/elliquiy.css

And send me their own version, I'll be happy to consider replacing it as the default or adding it as an option. Redoing the entire theme is also a possibility, but it's a much bigger pain : /

Izu mentioned to me that he wouldn't mind making some color themes for the site.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Passion and Desire

Okay, I'm not a web designer, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I really don't like the - imho - jarring style mismatch between the forum and the rest of the site. Some fonts are serif, some are sans-serif. Some buttons have borders/gradients, others don't. Some sections have corner-radius, others are "blocky." I'm a sucker for consistency, especially in design, so... yeah. :P

I'll try messing around with the CSS (perhaps this weekend, if I can free some time between D3 and UE4 ^^), but some quick preliminary messing around with my browser's dev tools yielded this. Considering that the forum is the site's primary content, I'd personally rather adapt the rest of the site to match the forum's style, than try and restyle the forum.

Chrystal

YO!
Ha ha

I was just about to suggest

Yes, this is much better

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Haibane

Quote from: Kyrsa on July 10, 2014, 05:03:45 PM
I like the grey better than the blue...  :-\
Perhaps the old scheme could be brought back as a user option?

Vekseid

Quote from: Passion and Desire on July 10, 2014, 05:30:59 PM
Okay, I'm not a web designer, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I really don't like the - imho - jarring style mismatch between the forum and the rest of the site. Some fonts are serif, some are sans-serif. Some buttons have borders/gradients, others don't. Some sections have corner-radius, others are "blocky." I'm a sucker for consistency, especially in design, so... yeah. :P

I'll try messing around with the CSS (perhaps this weekend, if I can free some time between D3 and UE4 ^^), but some quick preliminary messing around with my browser's dev tools yielded this. Considering that the forum is the site's primary content, I'd personally rather adapt the rest of the site to match the forum's style, than try and restyle the forum.

The CSS is an unholy hell I have to tiptoe around because so much crap is baked in in so many locations, I can't just 'fix the content area' on a whim.

In any case, I've saved the bluegray theme I built and will be adding it as a variant for those who preferred that (once I figure those out properly). In the mean time I'll take variants from members who want to show them off accordingly.

Beguile's Mistress

Sweet Heavens!  It's a miracle.  Thank you.

One that I wished had happened before my vision went blurry in the parking lot and I fell, putting my teeth through my lip, ripping up my knees and ramming my head into someones side view mirror on the way down.  Four stitches later I got picked up by a friend after the hospital gave me scrubs to wear home because my clothes were covered in blood.  The vision is still blurry but clearing up.

Nimmy

Thank you for the new header coloring, Veks! That's much better, and the buttons stand out much more.

Chrystal

In fact, I am quite happy it the way it is now.  I think the biggest complaints were the black border and the dark boxes with dark text in them. Lightening those two boxes and the dark teal border actually works well, IMHO.

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 10, 2014, 05:47:54 PM
Sweet Heavens!  It's a miracle.  Thank you.

One that I wished had happened before my vision went blurry in the parking lot and I fell, putting my teeth through my lip, ripping up my knees and ramming my head into someones side view mirror on the way down.  Four stitches later I got picked up by a friend after the hospital gave me scrubs to wear home because my clothes were covered in blood.  The vision is still blurry but clearing up.

BeMi, I really really hope you are teasing? *BIG HUGS*

Thorne

First, thank you for going to all this trouble and reading and paying attention and just generally being awesome, Veks.
Sure, it was a little eye-shattering at first, but it's getting better.

Would it be possible, in an eventual incarnation, to get our names coloured to match our lord/lady/liege/whatever tags, whichever ones apply? I don't mind correcting people on my gender, or being corrected, if I get someone else's wrong, mind you. But it seems like a helpful sort of thing. If you get a chance.

Thank you. 'Cause, really, that can't get said enough.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Chrystal

Quote from: Thorne on July 10, 2014, 05:51:57 PM
Would it be possible, in an eventual incarnation, to get our names coloured to match our lord/lady/liege/whatever tags, whichever ones apply? I don't mind correcting people on my gender, or being corrected, if I get someone else's wrong, mind you. But it seems like a helpful sort of thing. If you get a chance.

Are you meaning the fact that ladies are blue but have red badges? It's something you just get used to...

Thorne

Well, no, actually. I'm meaning names in the shoutbox. Sorry - that wasn't clear.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Vekseid

Those are not so simple : /

In any case, subthemes can now be selected: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=theme

Note that it won't do anything from 'default' for some reason. You have to choose from the 'elliquiy2' dropdown. And there's only the default 'old' theme and the bluegray one I made earlier.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Chrystal on July 10, 2014, 05:50:44 PM
BeMi, I really really hope you are teasing? *BIG HUGS*

Nope.  I was walking between a black pickup truck and a gray SUV when a white van drove by.  My eyes did the same thing they had been doing going from the black SB part of the screen and the light colored bottom of the page.  It happened so fast I was disoriented and fell before I could stop moving and grab on to something.  EMTs were there in minutes and I'm only 10 minutes from a hospital where I work.  The CT machine was free and ER was quick like bunnies.  I was scanned, examined and stitched in 30 minutes, redressed and leaving in another 20 and home shortly after that.