PAINGOD - |and Other Delusions|* (storytellers wanted)

Started by Einzig, July 23, 2012, 12:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Einzig

PAINGOD

" The only thing linking humanity together is this: the universality of pain and the commonality of the desire to go out bravely.  "

(Harlan Ellison)

Here is someone who appreciates the tragic element of any good narrative.  I'm less interested in any portrayal of the mundane, the soft, the expiring.  Seeking writers of wit and macabre and unusual imaginative qualities.

A work in progress.  Paingod occupies several of my stories running the gambit of genres / characters.  Details in plot setting and other characters can be discussed or created as they're useful for my partners.  My desire primarily is to capture and portray the unique insanity of the world we write in (both real and unreal).  It is this pervasive mood of universal malignity that I seek to describe, which I call Paingod.   

What I want more than anything is good writers to aid me in my delusions.

men are also welcome to any story where a feminine pronoun is used.

PAINGOD   in Unit 731...
            [horror, ghosts, supernatural]

Unit 731 was infamous, but not beyond the wall.  You couldn't hear screaming past the wall, and nobody ever came out who felt the need to talk.  Maybe there was really nothing to talk about, just something to compartmentalize, and forget.  Out there -- a different war was going on, one less personal, and the eyes of the world had turned away from the peaceful people of mostly rural China helpless before the lightening barbarity of Imperial Japan.  Those who survive the burning of their homes are the unfortunate ones: they will be taken to a place darker than any prison  the world had yet known: white, sterile, smelling of ammonia.  Soon the walls and cells would be spattered blood.

My first attempt at a Japanese survival-horror game.  Unit 731 was a real horror show and everyone is invited to investigate the lesser known horrors of World War II; however, this Paingod incarnation of the story is less concerned with factual basis and more concerned with the intensity of horror grown to paranormal excitement.  I'm imagining ghosts, creepy crazy shit.  Your character would either be a victim of Unit 731, or a doctor therein (we could also progress the story slightly, to the abandoned Unit 731 for a more haunted aspect.

PAINGOD   in Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland...
            [fantasy, supernatural, Lovecraftian horror]

Imagine midnight in the Queen's garden beyond the wall of sleep.  Public executions, spectacle floggings, Drownings set to Mozart and lemon cake banquets.  The Queen rules in Wonderland and has commissioned the Catepillar to create a drug of of unexpected potency: reactions have been as varied as Wonderland, epileptic fits convulsing between mania and dissolution; hallucinations not only of the ear and of the eye but more subtly of the mind in a manner not altogether unparallelled, but certainly defying anything like 'reasoned analysis'.

Those who could handle the initial maddening effects intoxicating substance found themselves even deeper down the Queen's rabbit hole.   And as she ages, she grows more capricious and terrible in the same degree.  Eventually she would die, but even that came as no comfort to the suffering denizens of her dreamlike, addict-kingdom.  There was, after all, the King of Hearts

A better description coming forthwith.  Suffice to say I would like to explore and exercise my capacity for "childlike fantasy" or in other terms, the sort of faerytales you might find in Lewis Carroll.  Its a chance to be especially imaginative not only in the nature of the characters, but in the nature of the very terrain around them, which I'm imagining as alien, weird, and altogether somewhere surreal to visit, but not you'd want to live.

Ideally my partner would desire to play Alice, in a Wynona Ryder kind of way.

PAINGOD   in Wartime Germany...
            [fear, despair, overcoming...]

PAINGOD, so easily manifested and materialized in a place like Germany during the horrible wake of Churchill's war.  The German machine presses on, unavailing to surrender in the face of insurmountable odds, unavailing even to close their theatres and opera houses while American and British bombs are detonating in mid-air, reducing actors and actresses to so much fleshy rubble... 

By January 1945 the inner-circle of the Nazi regime has gone craven; there are firefights in the streets and with the army devastated, children on machine guns are proving to be the last bastion of German bravery.  The annihilation is inevitable and now only two things in Germany desire still in their fullest hearts for the bloodletting to continue:  Adolf Hitler, growing insane beneath the city of Berlin, and the PAINGOD, whose grown giddy in participation of the carnage from below and from above, for the Germans and for the Reds and on ruined streets broken among the smelling corpses, and he laughs, and laughs.

Your character could be an enemy, a German, a soldier, or a secretary.  My literary desire here, like elsewhere, is to capture chaos.  His incarnation - a soldier of either side, a wartime speculator - will be suitable for the situation of our story - however I see appropriate and we both like

PAINGOD   in Westeros...
            [fantasy, tragedy, adventure]

My favourite incarnation: where better to begin than the world popularly known as GAME OF THRONES?  In this, our semi-canon and wild storytelling, the Paingod is an incarnation or revision upon the Stranger in normal Westerosi mythology.  A hidden cult existing in he frozen wasteland north of the wall, or, conversely, in the black bogs of the south.  The Priestess/Priest who summons the foul deistic denizen thinks he can bind the god to his will.  Perhaps PAINGOD will play along, for a time...

For this plot I'd like someone familiar with A Song of Ice and Fire; its fine enough if you have only seen the television show, but someone who has read the books would be preferable. Anyone wanting to play the Kraken's daughter, or Osha, might get my special preference. The usual gambit of male characters will also be considered, as well as all new creations
I pledged myself to thee
And sacred is the gift
But ah, I feel in this was given
A blessing never meant for me.
Thou art too like a dream from heaven
For earthly love to merit thee.

Einzig

Stories modified and updated: oftenContact me via PM
I pledged myself to thee
And sacred is the gift
But ah, I feel in this was given
A blessing never meant for me.