Pathfinder Interest Check: Crimson Throne

Started by kckolbe, December 10, 2014, 08:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Jaded, your char has very sad eyes.  She looks like an ad for human trafficking.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Mossberg

I'm interested in this if there is still room. So far I am thinking of a Ninja, just not sure about skills or background at this point. also, a heads up, I am new to Pathfinder and still learning it, so patience and forgiveness for any mistakes would be appreciated.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Thorne

Some of this is a bit rough, history is still being hashed out a bit.

Daru Calanthe
Female half-elf druid (urban druid) 2 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 101)
LN Medium humanoid (elf, human)

Crunch
Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 13, touch 11, flat-footed 12 (+2 armor, +1 Dex)
hp 15 (2d8+2)
Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +1 trait bonus vs. disease
Immune sleep
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee dagger +2 (1d4+1/19-20) or
. . quarterstaff +2 (1d6+1) or
. . touch attack +2 (As Spell)
Ranged ranged touch attack +2 (As Spell) or
. . sling +2 (1d4+1)
Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 2nd; concentration +5)
. . 6/day: calming touch (1d6+2)
Druid (Urban Druid) Spells Prepared (CL 2nd; concentration +5)
. . 1st: alarm[D], calm animals (DC 14), liberating command[UC], longstrider
. . 0 (at will): create water, detect magic, know direction, purify food and drink

(DC 13)
. . D Domain spell; Domain Community (Home domain subdomain)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 12, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha

Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 13
Feats Skill Focus (Handle Animal), Vermin Heart[APG]
Traits heart of two worlds, varisian immunity
Skills Acrobatics -2 (-6 to jump), Climb +2, Craft (leather) +6, Diplomacy +4 (+6 involving creatures that belong to same race/ethnicity as your parents), Handle Animal +10, Heal +9 (+12 to treat common animals, but +1 to treat other creatures), Knowledge (geography) +6, Knowledge (local) +9, Knowledge (nature) +8, Perception +10, Sense Motive +3 (+5 involving creatures that belong to same race/ethnicity as your parents), Spellcraft +7, Survival +5, Swim +2; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
Languages Common, Druidic, Elven, Sylvan, Varisian
SQ elf blood, lorekeeper, nature bond (Home domain), nature sense, wild empathy +4
Combat Gear healer's kit; Other Gear leather armor, dagger, quarterstaff, ranged touch attack, sling, touch attack, backpack, belt pouch, blanket,
flint and steel, holly and mistletoe, mess kit, mirror, pot, soap, spell component pouch, torch (10), trail rations (5), twine (50'), veterinarian's kit, waterskin,
whetstone, 39 gp, 2 sp, 2 cp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Calming Touch (1d6+2 nonlethal damage, 6/day) (Sp) Heal 1d6+2 nonlethal damage and cure conditions by touch.
Druid (Urban Druid) Domain (Home)
Elf Blood Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Heart of Two Worlds +2 trait bonus on Diplomacy & Sense Motive against parental races.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Varisian Immunity +1 save vs disease. Immune to Vorel's phage & blood veil.
Vermin Heart Wild Empathy & spells that target animals may be used on Vermin.
Wild Empathy +4 (Ex) Improve the attitude of an animal, as if using Diplomacy.
--------------------

Daru is the quiet one. At least, that's what she says. She's certainly not flamboyant.  At rest, she's easily overlooked; her hair is dark red, worn in dreadlocks and left to flow loose about her shoulders, concealing her slightly pointed ears. Her eyes are a light, green-gold, set in a warm peaches-and-cream complexion, her features delicate, with a hint of stubbornness. Certainly attractive enough, but pale easily next to brighter plumage.
When she's working Daru is anything but quiet, unless it's what's called for, and even then she owns a room, whether she's calming a restive horse with soft words or redirecting a raging lion to a more appropriate target.
She prefers simple clothing, dark colours that don't show mud, dirt or blood, cut to allow for movement.

Not an only child, Daru's sister is also a druid, albeit she and Daru are nothing alike. Daru grew up in the city, learned her trade observing the pocket ecosystems
amongst the city streets.
Daru doesn't see much of her father Isindiir; cities don't appeal to him, so she doesn't know him well. She knows her mother Rosalba better - Rosalba taught her
herblore and healing, to go with the druidic lore Daru has learned from her father, and more often from Dandric, the old horselord.
Daru's father turns up now and again, leaving gifts and the occasional complement for the woman he calls his Silver Rose and his more civilised daughter.

As an adult, she's not only observing and caring for that ecosystem, but earning a living as a trainer - not yet amongst the best, but with the talent to get there, if
something doesn't put a hoof through her skull first. Her ability to speak to her charges doesn't hurt at all. Very few of her clients are aware that she's a half-elf -
those who ask about her eyes are given a faint smile and a one-word explanation; "Druid."
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Mossberg

I wouldn't know.. Haven't read the Crimson Throne stuff. I could switch it up I suppose. Maybe go with my first idea of a Magus, but then I have to redo everything I've done so far. Which really isn't that much.

Edit: Scratch that. Think I'll go with a Bard, which shouldn't require too much changing. Plus, music would be a viable addition to the performing group, I think.
-Lews Therin Telamon

Ixy

Hi guys... I don't know why exactly, but I hit a bit of a wall on this one for a while.  Based on the setting, I think a rogue would be complementary to the group and story.  At least, I hope so :)  For some reason, I kept getting hung up on the idea of a necromancer, so if this doesn't work out i can make something in that direction.

Khaith Surkov

Born among the outlaws and misfits in Kaeir Maga, Khaith was raised by the remnants of a nomadic group of exiles that had migrated to the city after they were decimated by vengeful warlord of Urglin.  She thrived among brothers, sisters, and cousins, excelling in physical contests and games, learning the family trades of traditional dance, blade combat, and theft.  Drummed out when her uncle started- and lost- a bitter clan conflict, she and many of her young relatives moved deep into "civilized" Varisia where they made a home in Korvosa.  Many of the children took work in taverns and inns, but some found it impossible to stick to 'honest work'... Khaith, of course, at the forefront of dishonest capitalism.

By the time she was a teenager, she had become a nuisance of the public, and had endured some stern punishments for a young woman her age-- spent nights in the stockades protected only by her rabble cousins, been publicly switched on multiple occasions by parishioners for stealing from the church, and had her hand broken by a zealous guard for a pickpocketing she didn't even commit.  When she was fourteen, things changed-- she was suspected of being involved in a conspiracy to rob a merchant's house, but the caper had gone badly and the merchant had been struck dead by a blow to the skull.  Her oldest cousin was to be executed, a scapegoat for the murder and theft, and Khaith was sentenced to a long term of imprisonment. 

A retired Army captain, however, stood in for Khaith, and as she was not yet a full adult, was able to negotiate that as she was not directly involved in the crime, she should be remanded to his custody until she turned seventeen.  Khaith bucked at the notion, and fought back misreably for an entire year, but the captain and his wife, who had raised armies and children alike, would never bend to her.  Finally, she learned to trust them, and even love them like her own family.

Now a woman herself, she still lives with them and helps care for her own cousins by keeping bar at a tavern in town.  Though not the honed rogue she once was, she remembers enough, and has kept herself in excellent physical condition.  Unable to join the army, she still feels that there is some purpose for her yet undiscovered and that, somehow, there will be a need for battle.  She is considering seeking mercenary work with an honorable company, or seeking some kind of apprenticeship as an agent to the crown, but she feels utterly stuck where she is, as if no path she has found yet is the right one.

kckolbe

These are the chars I've seen so far that are being considered.  If your char isn't listed here, it is either because I haven't seen enough or I missed it.

Blinkin - Whip-Wielding Swashbuckler
Jaded - Alchemist
Thorne - Druid, Animal Trainer
ThatOneShrroth - Feral Druid
Ixy - Rogue
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Chulanowa

I'm still undecided. I'm rolling competing ideas of a paladin, cleric, and fighter around in my head. Anyone have input? I'm good with any of these - and weirdly, all three want to be gnomes.

Mossberg

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 12, 2014, 08:52:29 PM
I'm still undecided. I'm rolling competing ideas of a paladin, cleric, and fighter around in my head. Anyone have input? I'm good with any of these - and weirdly, all three want to be gnomes.

Well, I'm working on a Bard. A head basher or a healer would probably be good for the group. Honestly, both could be useful, unless we are going to carry a good bit of potions and whatnot.
-Lews Therin Telamon

VonDoom

Still working on my Swashbuckler. Well, trying to decide on a concept, mostly. I usually do character first, mechanics later, but for D&D I tend do go Mechanics>Inspiration Picture>Character. I'm at the second part right now because none of the ones in my collection really hit me for this so far.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

kckolbe

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 12, 2014, 08:52:29 PM

That's a rather odd gnome.  Warpriest, maybe?  They are similar to paladins in the divine fighter area, but may be a shade more to your liking. 

Quote from: Mossberg on December 12, 2014, 08:55:13 PM
Well, I'm working on a Bard. A head basher or a healer would probably be good for the group. Honestly, both could be useful, unless we are going to carry a good bit of potions and whatnot.

Again, this kind of mindset isn't what I'm looking for.

Intro Thread

kckolbe

"In combat probably a focus on ranged.  Are firearms allowed?

Does the idea seem to fit?  Or should I try to come up with something else?"

I am so sorry for not answering these earlier.

Firearms are allowed.  The idea makes sense, though not sure how she'd feel about the first job, which is an overt killing of a person, albeit a pretty horrible one.

Intro Thread

MiraMirror

Evera would be pretty chill with it, if not outright excited. It's a hunt for her. =P

(By the way, she'll be carrying a spear and potentially a shortspear/club.)
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Mossberg

Quote from: Blinkin on December 11, 2014, 08:54:12 AM
1/2+1 HP per level. That include 1st? I usually see full at 1st and 1/2+1 after. Just need to clarifiy

I think you missed a question, KC.

Quote from: kckolbe on December 13, 2014, 02:29:28 AM
Again, this kind of mindset isn't what I'm looking for.

Also, my bad. Just thinking about survivability.
-Lews Therin Telamon

kckolbe

Yeah, I answered that one in PM then forgot people here might wanna know.  1/2 HP+1 for all levels.

Intro Thread

VonDoom

For 1st, too? Unusual choice, but ... yours to make, I suppose. Poor (elven) casters.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

kckolbe

It's not really the handicap you think it is.  The adventure begins for lvl 1 chars, and you'll all be lvl 2, so you'll be fine.  The first "mission" is a cakewalk anyways.

Intro Thread

kckolbe

I've built mage tanks before though and had a lot of fun doing it.  I remember playing a dwarf cleric who didn't like healing, so he would just put shield other on folks and soak half the damage himself, while also fighting on the edges.  Good times.

I'm not confident the group will have a tanky type, which is fine.  The melee types so far seem more agile, hard to hit types.  I can promise that the group will not have the mage, tank, skill, healer combo.  You guys are going to have weaknesses that you will have to work around.

Intro Thread

Chulanowa

Ramzenny Tarblottle
Class: Paladin
Race: Gnome
Deity(s): Shelyn and Arshea
Alignment: Lawful Good
Campaign Trait: Addicted Friend (+2 to Knowledge: Local)
Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1074171
Stat block
Ramzenny Tarblottle
Gnome Paladin
LG Small humanoid (Gnome)
Init +1 Senses Darkvision; Perception -1

Defense

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+1 dex, +4 Armor, +1 shield, +1 size)
hp 16 (2d8+4)
Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5
Defensive Abilities Bond to the Land (Urban), Illusion Resistance. Divine Drace
Bond to the Land
Some gnomes have strong ties to specific kinds of terrain, as a holdover from their fey origins. These gnomes gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC when in a specific terrain type selected from the ranger list of favored terrains. This choice is made at character creation, and cannot be changed. This racial trait replaces defensive training and hatred.
Illusion Resistance
Gnomes gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against illusion spells and effects.
Divine grace
At 2nd level, a paladin gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus (if any) on all Saving Throws.

Offense

Speed 20 ft.
Melee Greatsword +6 (1d10 19-20/x2) or
   Morningstar +6 (1d6 x2) or
   Lance (1d10 x3)
Ranged Composite Longbow +4 (1d6+3/x3)
Special attacks Smite Evil 1/day
Smite Evil
Once per day, a paladin can call out to the powers of good to aid her in her struggle against evil. As a swift action, the paladin chooses one target within sight to smite. If this target is evil, the paladin adds her Cha bonus (if any) to her attack rolls and adds her paladin level to all damage rolls made against the target of her smite. If the target of smite evil is an outsider with the evil subtype, an evil-aligned dragon, or an undead creature, the bonus to damage on the first successful attack increases to 2 points of damage per level the paladin possesses. Regardless of the target, smite evil attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess.

In addition, while smite evil is in effect, the paladin gains a deflection bonus equal to her Charisma modifier (if any) to her AC against attacks made by the target of the smite. If the paladin targets a creature that is not evil, the smite is wasted with no effect.

The smite evil effect remains until the target of the smite is dead or the next time the paladin rests and regains her uses of this ability. At 4th level, and at every three levels thereafter, the paladin may smite evil one additional time per day, as indicated on Table: Paladin, to a maximum of seven times per day at 19th level.

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 2; concentration +5)
   1/day - ghost sound (DC 15)
   1/day - dancing lights
   1/day - prestidigitation
   1/day - speak with animals
   At will - detect evil

Statistics

Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 16
Base Atk +2; CMB +4; CMD 15
Feats (1) Power Attack
Skills diplomacy +7, handle animal +7,knowledge (religion) +6, perform (strings) +4, ride +5, sense motive +3
Languages Common, Gnome, Sylvan, Celestial
SQ Aura of Good, lay on hands
Aura of Good
The power of a paladin's aura of good (see the detect good spell) is equal to her paladin level.
Lay on Hands
Beginning at 2nd level, a paladin can heal wounds (her own or those of others) by touch. Each day she can use this ability a number of times equal to 1/2 her paladin level plus her Charisma modifier. With one use of this ability, a paladin can heal 1d6 hit points of damage for every two paladin levels she possesses. Using this ability is a standard action, unless the paladin targets herself, in which case it is a swift action. Despite the name of this ability, a paladin only needs one free hand to use this ability.

Alternatively, a paladin can use this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures, dealing 1d6 points of damage for every two levels the paladin possesses. Using lay on hands in this way requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity. Undead do not receive a saving throw against this damage.

Traits Addicted Friend, Self-sacrifice

Background

Ramzenny was born in Magnimar, into a family of gnomish woodturners; specifically, they made instruments, the more inventive and intricate the better. The second-youngest of four siblings, two of them much older she grew very protective of her little brother, Dellorim. It was he that brought Ramzenny onto her current path. It began simple enough; young Dellorim was very curious, as young gnomes are, in particular about gods and faiths. The family as a whole revered Shelyn above others, but his curiosity led him further, into the Empyreal cults of Magnimar. The Tarblottle family didn't shun him for his wandering faith, of course, but as he grew more and more involved, he separated himself further and further. And then one day he simply didn't return. The rest of the family didn't take it too badly; gnomes explore and wander, after all!

It was a dark night indeed when the attack came. Ramzenny's father was away, leaving her mother, one older brother, and herself to take care of the shop. A team of ruffians thought that perhaps a trio of gnomish woodwrights would be an easy job; maybe they were right. What Ramzenny remembers is waking to the crash of the shop's windows being smashed in, and the crunches and twangs as the thugs trashed the place in search of hidden gold or gems.

Against her mother's hissed demands, the gnomish girl slipped out of their hidden room to see what was afoot. Seeing the hard work her family had done smashed, the fine inlays and scrimshaws smashed to splinters, the instruments of music forever ruined, made something change in Ramzenny. Snatching up a towel of turned maple, she set upon the brigands, tripping and clobbering them. Bewildered by the sudden assault, the four fled the way they had come, and Ramzenny, suddenly inspired, made to pursue.

But rather than find the footpads' hideout, her path took her to the finely-tooled coral steps of the temple of Shelyn. Her dowel in one hand, the broken neck of a viola in the other, she found herself weeping for her family's misfortunes - a lost brother, a smashed shop, her terrified mother, and now the blood of thieves on her hands.

A large, but comforting hand fell on her shoulder; Mistress Nadya Belluel, the Varisian matron of the temple. The two talked long into the remainder of the night, and when Ramzenny returned home in the middle of the morning, she was squired to the Rose Knight Illyava Vaenries, and began training as a new Paladin.

After her short apprenticeship, Ramzenny felt a calling in her heart - she needed to find her brother, Dellorim. Bidding her parents goodbye, she besought Nadya to tell her what she could of the younger gnome's activities. At first the priestess was reluctant, but seeing the need in the gnomish woman's eyes, she directed Ramzenny to the small group of cultists to the Empyreal lord Arshea that her brother had been associating with.

Indeed, Ramzenny learned of her brother's path, during her time with the Arshean cult; she learned more than that, though, and found much to love between the devotees of this Angel, and her own faith of Shelyn; a shared reverence for beauty, love, and freedom, especially, albeit in more immediate and... personal ways than Shelyn's faith.

Her brother had taken a ship to Korvosa, intent on bringing the faith of Arshea to the oppressed workers there. With a worried heart, Ramzenny followed, only to find the worst; her brother lay dying in hospice, the victim of a drug of dreams termed "shiver." Though her healing could make his body hale, they could not bring his mind back.

Now, Ramzenny centers herself around the Sanctuary of Shelyn, in North Point. She makes her way as a performer, putting the talents she learned from her musician parents on show. Her quiet questions and easy demeanor have brought a name to her, the name of the man who put her brother into the state she found him in; Gaedrick Lamm

In Brief: Ramzenny is a Paladin of Shelyn who is, of late, finding her faith in the Goddess becoming entwined with that of the empyreal Lord, Arshea. Though both share many of the same virtues, there are enough differences for Ramzenny to have... doubts about the syncretism. Especially on the issue of Shelyn's ethos on courtly love, versus Arshea's more... immediate view on the subject.
   Currently, she is operating under the "cover" of being a performer - though she wouldn't lie about who and what she is, no one has thought to ask much of the little gnome strumming a lute  for her supper in the Posh and Turtle. Truth is, she seeks answers and possibly justice over the man who led to her brothers' death - Gaedren Lamm. And word has reached her that she was not the only one so wronged...

kckolbe

Will check it out when I get back then.

I'd like if everyone could have their chars concepts and basic abilities ready within a couple of days, by the end of Tuesday maybe? 

Intro Thread

kckolbe

She is adorable, Chulanowa.  I'll PM you about one possible background change for story purposes, as well as other questions. 

So, TOS and VonDoom are still working on chars, but I've seen a bit from them in PMs already.  This would put us at about 7 submitted characters, which is about double what I was looking for.  In addition, through a complete fluke which I have never seen before, all 7 are currently female.  I have to be honest with myself here: I'm just not man enough for all of you.  Granted, there will be NPCs, a lot of them, some of them pretty damn interesting (a huge part of why I chose this adventure to run).  Unfortunately, bringing in males to "balance" things a bit makes the party even larger, which I'm not comfortable with.  This is why GMs get paid the big bucks, I suppose.   

For the most part, I'm happy with what I've seen.  I could easily throw together a group and be happy with the characters and players in it.  I want to have more of you, though, which leaves me with finding other ways to fix gender balance (at least a little) and party size...so here goes.

Blinkin: I liked the ideas you were going for with your character, but I know you are still trying to make it work mechanically.  Don't feel locked in to the concept if it isn't working and let us know if you need help.
Chulanowa: I've not seen a char like yours before and I want to fix that.  I am a bit hesitant about having a paladin in a game where I want more room for moral grays, but will let you convince me it's okay if you can.
Ixy: I'd rather see the necromancer.  I hate to say it, but the rogue just doesn't inspire me.  I really liked your chars in the dungeon game as well as Loki's PF game, and you've been fun in OOC.  It doesn't have to be a necromancer, by the way, but I'd rather see something you find fun without considering the group.  Just remember to make him or her a company fit.
Jaded: I'm still hung up on her eyes.  Between that, the mentions of her past, and her odd ways of making a living, I really want to know more about her.
ThatOneShrroth: Despite being paranoid about spelling your name wrong, I've enjoyed working with you on your druid.  We still need to find a way for your char to be part of the business early on, but your dedication to the feel of your char is admirable.
Thorne: It's hard to pick a better example of a char that is tailored to a setting while still something uncommon. 
VonDoom: While I haven't seen much of your concept, I really like how helpful and sociable you've been in the thread and would like to have you on board.  If you would be interested in aiding me with the game and playing some of the significant male NPCs, I think we could have a lot of fun.

The seven of you would often be split up into multiple groups.  The makeup of those groups would change periodically, but they would gain xp at the same rate (fudging it a bit to make it work).  With smaller groups (usually two, sometimes three), it should be easier to keep you challenged.  I'll have to add in a few extra encounters, but I think I can do that, as there are other modules I can work in.

Obviously, having multiple adventures has its issues.  It's more for me to keep up with, which means it might move a bit more slowly, and there is always the issue of one group finishing well before another and having to wait.  Also, once we get to around level 8 or so, it will be harder to split people up, meaning there will be times where all the chars and some NPCs will be part of large ass encounters, which also move incredibly slowly. 

If you are still interested, let me know.  If not, I will not take it personally at all, as you have plenty of good reasons. 

Intro Thread

MiraMirror

Oh, I figured out how she'd be a part of the company, kc.  Thorne and I figured that she could act as both the "muscle" and as the percussionist. Drums are fairly easy to create out of skins and the like, so it's entirely possible that she learned rhythm in the wilderness, perhaps as a sort of pre-hunting thing.  Using that knowledge for the company is easy enough.

Chulanowa

I look forward to those questions. To be totally honest... i've never played paladin before and hve some uncertainties myself... but nothing else is really coming to the surface. I know you're saying you don't need a "balanced party" but, in my head, i have to pitch in towards one anyway. I'll bubble ideas just in case. Trouble is, my brain drifts towards strange races and oddball race / class combos. I even have a randomizer if i want really goofy results...

As for gender balance... I find it next to impossible to play males in fantasy games, because... well, I use images for inspiration, and every fantasy male image I find is scowling, snarling, or brooding, and is either a bovine beefcake bursting out of his absurd spiky armor, or is animu bishi guy whose personality is defined by hair color. Not exactly something that gets character juices flowing.

MiraMirror

We are going with the idea that everyone must take 1 campaign trait and 1 non-campaign trait, yes?  The only issue I can find with that is that the feral girl's background doesn't quite match the background of any of the campaign traits, unless you'd allow us to re-flavor them slightly?

Chulanowa

Also, maybe I'm spoiled by the more recent Adventure Paths, but the CotCT player guide doesn't really set much stage for the PC's - "you've been wronged by Gaedren Lamm. Have fun!" I mean, no synopsis or the like. and I'm not willing to go flip through the adventure path itself 'cause I hate spoilers  ;D So, not exactly sure what sort of themes there are aside form "kill the bastard."

Bibliophilia

If you are looking for someone to play a male, and you don't mind one more player, I'd be interested.  But, I totally understand if you don't want any additional party members to juggle.