D&D 5e - Classic Adventure - Interest Check

Started by tobisquestion, August 06, 2018, 11:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

And 5e tends to favor scaling items so you get a main item that grows as you do instead of repeatedly getting new stuff

Brittlby

Can I get a magic bow?!? Does it have blu tooth?! Or one of those cloaks that billows dramatically on command?
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

tobisquestion

Alright, come sit on Santa's lap.

If I was to allow everyone a magical item, what would you all want?

I'm kinda 50/50 on it because starting at level 5 I think already gives everyone the better aspects of their class. But, it's also true that if we'd started at level 1, by level 5 you'd all have picked up a few cool things.
Character images inspiration: Female - Male

Snake

Chulanowa

i just like having neat shit.  XD 1d100 on Table F in the DMG, reroll in case of something Nuala can't actually use?

Ampere

Quote from: Chulanowa on August 09, 2018, 03:38:30 AM
i just like having neat shit.  XD 1d100 on Table F in the DMG, reroll in case of something Nuala can't actually use?

This option sounds good to me too!

At 2018-08-09 07:38:01, Mirish (uid: 55658) rolls: 1d100 Result: 56

No idea how the monk came by a Trident of Fish Command or what she's going to do with it, but why not?
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

Brittlby

At 2018-08-09 07:10:01, Ragsy (uid: 870) rolls: 1d100 Result: 12

+1 Weapon. I was kidding, but I guess I DO get a magic bow. I was rooting for a cloak of elvenkind! Oh well! I’ll buy one eventually! Lol
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

tobisquestion

Ampere: Without giving too much away about the plot, I'd hang on to that Trident if I were you...

Snake: Sure thing, I'm going to say that your armour is not so much 'magical' as made from the tanned hides of the famous reptile creatures from the southern lands. But potayto potahto.

Chulanow: At 2018-08-09 11:51:48, tobisquestion (uid: 26997) rolls: 1d100 Result: 27

How's Boots of Striding and Springing suit you?

Snake

Ooo stylish crocodile hide armor? Cool. It helps a dps to be able to avoid being hit

Brittlby

Guess I can’t complain! I’ll have to give it my own flavor! There’s a whole heck of a lot more magical swords with backstories out there than bows! Lol

O/O

tobisquestion

Alright guys, well I'm not one to drag my heels. We have five character sheets. All the corresponding players still seem to be active here on this thread. Therefore, I say we're pretty much ready to go. I'll keep checking in here because there may be a couple more people interested in playing, and I've decided having a 6th player can't hurt and will protect us against potential early drop-outs.

So, can I direct your attention to the following:

The Rules & Character Thread
Doesn't look like much at the moment, but I'll be adding to it as we decide exactly how we want to play so as to best keep up the pace of the game. All of that will be up for discussion if you're not happy with the way things are being run. For now, can you all head on over there and put your characters up? I've seen fully statted out CSs from all of you, and you don't have to put those there. What would be helpful is if you could just put up the basics including equipment, armour class, HP and the six abilities with modifiers. If you want to include full CS, then feel free. I'm keeping a copy of your full CS in the D&D app on my phone anyway, so I'll know if you're fiddling about. *points threateningly at each player in turn*

The OOC
I see, you see, we all see the OOC. Would all accepted players please be so good as to switch over to here for ongoing discussion.

Tollmouth IC
Here's the opening post. As far as I'm concerned, you can all dive in. I've given various options for places and scenes for you to start of getting involved in. You don't all have to be in the same place. Party-splitting is absolutely allowed and may at times even be beneficial. Right now, the stage is yours.