News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Recip E!s with Despickable & Xandi

Started by Autumn52, July 15, 2010, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serephino

Pork Chop Marinade

1/4c soy sauce
1/4c cooking sherry
3tbsp brown sugar
2tsp garlic
1tsp ginger

Mix ingredients and marinate pork chops at least 6 hours. 

Sabby

despickable

It's been sometime since I have been on here so I thought I would add a bit of a debate question and see if anyone still reads this topic and later I will add a new pasta dish I have been having.

The debate is over whether a tomato is a fruit or a vegetable. Science and culinary experts do not agree so here are two clips to help you decide. And I for one am going to try the  tomato  dish tried out here too for my own amusement. Enjoy and comment if you wish

The first clip is the scientific answer which I don't think clears it up but is a fairly good  starting point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxo_EOyK7eA

The second clip features my favorite lady she is adorable  a poker champion and quiz host and married to one of  the UK's funniest men her name is Victoria Coren Mitchell. And is the reason we have this clip in this RP as it features a recepe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bxUo7MZc24

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Chi

My absolute favorite every day bread! 
-The original was a 50/50 whole wheat for bread machine I found on food.com
-I'll give original directions as well as my own if you want to go old school  ;D

INGREDIENTS:
1 1⁄2 cups water
2 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons molasses (or honey)
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 cups bread flour
1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast

DIRECTIONS:

-Put the ingredients into the bread machine pan in the order listed
(and as accurately as possible).
-Select the whole wheat bread cycle (usually takes 3 1/2 hours).
-Remove from the pan when it's done and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.

During the summer I reduce the yeast to 1 tsp because it seems to rise so
much more during the summer than the winter. Or you could increase the salt
slightly (salt kills the yeast so it doesn't rise out of the machine!)
So if you're getting a really huge loaf (and some of you have) try one of these
2 things and it should be better for you. Atmospheric pressure
(which varies according to seasons) and humidity makes a difference in how a bread rises.

Enjoy!

My Take!
INGREDIENTS:
1 1⁄2 cups water
2 tablespoons molasses (or honey, I've also used brown sugar and corn syrup)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
3 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour

1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
(I've been using my left over breadmaker yeast, but a packet of instant yeast in with the dry stuff is about the same. If you use traditional yeast follow the instructions on the packet for how to use it)

DIRECTIONS:

-Start the oven at 350'F and set a five minute timer (turn it off when the timer goes off)
-Mix the water (should be around 110-120F) with the margarine, sweetener
and salt until it's all dissolved and set aside
-Mix together all of the dry ingredients until well blended (I use the whisk attachment for my  hand/stand mixer)
-Add the wet ingredients and mix until a smooth ball forms and it pulls away from the sides
(You might have to add a little more flour as you go)
-Knead it about ten times on a lightly floured surface
-Put the dough in a large, lightly greased bowl and cover with a piece of greased parchment paper
and a wet towel and place it in the oven until it's doubled in size (about an hour)
-Start heating the oven to 375F
-Punch the middle of the dough and pull the sides into the center then put it on a lightly floured
surface and knead around ten times
-Form and put the dough into a lightly greased bread pan and cover it with the parchment and
re-moistened towel
-Place the pan near but not on top of the burner where the oven vents (usually left rear one) for
about 1/2 hour and turn it now and then until it's risen just above the height of the pan
-Bake for 30 minutes and remove from pan once it's a nice golden brown and sounds hollow when
you tap on the crown.
-Let it cool for about 15-20 minutes then cut a piece and slather it in butter or margarine and
enjoy!
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

Autumn52

Quote from: Chi on April 26, 2016, 10:21:46 AM
My absolute favorite every day bread!
-The original was a 50/50 whole wheat for bread machine I found on food.com
-I'll give original directions as well as my own if you want to go old school  ;D

INGREDIENTS:
1 1⁄2 cups water
2 tablespoons molasses (or honey)
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 cups bread flour
1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast

DIRECTIONS:

-Put the ingredients into the bread machine pan in the order listed
(and as accurately as possible).
-Select the whole wheat bread cycle (usually takes 3 1/2 hours).
-Remove from the pan when it's done and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.

During the summer I reduce the yeast to 1 tsp because it seems to rise so
much more during the summer than the winter. Or you could increase the salt
slightly (salt kills the yeast so it doesn't rise out of the machine!)
So if you're getting a really huge loaf (and some of you have) try one of these
2 things and it should be better for you. Atmospheric pressure
(which varies according to seasons) and humidity makes a difference in how a bread rises.

Enjoy!

My Take!
INGREDIENTS:
1 1⁄2 cups water
2 tablespoons molasses (or honey, I've also used brown sugar and corn syrup)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
3 cups all-purpose flour or 2 cups bread flour

1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast

DIRECTIONS:

-Start the oven at 350'F and set a five minute timer (turn it off when the timer goes off)
-Mix the water (should be around 110-120F) with the margarine, sweetener
and salt until it's all dissolved and set aside
-Mix together all of the dry ingredients until well blended (I use the whisk attachment for my hand/stand mixer)
-Add the wet ingredients and mix until a smooth ball forms and it pulls away from the sides
(You might have to add a little more flour as you go)
-Knead it about ten times on a lightly floured surface
-Put the dough in a large, lightly greased bowl and cover with a piece of greased parchment paper
and a wet towel and place it in the oven until it's doubled in size (about an hour)
-Start heating the oven to 375F
-Punch the middle of the dough and pull the sides into the center then put it on a lightly floured
surface and knead around ten times
-Form and put the dough into a lightly greased bread pan and cover it with the parchment and
re-moistened towel
-Place the pan near but not on top of the burner where the oven vents (usually left rear one) for
about 1/2 hour and turn it now and then until it's risen just above the height of the pan
-Bake for 30 minutes and remove from pan once it's a nice golden brown and sounds hollow when
you tap on the crown.
-Let it cool for about 15-20 minutes then cut a piece and slather it in butter or margarine and
enjoy!

I will most definitely be making this. I love home made breads and this sounds yummy. Thank you for the recipes.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Chi

oops, that was supposed to be 3 cups of bread flour lmao

this one is very forgiving once you nail it. i've had no problems since i got it down.

Chi

This is a bread maker to oven recipe, but I do it with my stand mixer too! (Basics borrowed from food.com)

YIELD
1 Loaf
UNITS
US

INGREDIENTS
1 cup water, warmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons sugar
1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry yeast
3 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (use more if you like)
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (use more if you want it more garlic-y)
1/4 teaspoon Parmesan cheese (use more for a cheesier taste)

1 whole egg white
2 tablespoons cornmeal
Fine granulated sea salt to sprinkle on top

Add into bread machine container, warmed water, olive oil, sugar, yeast. Let yeast foam a bit.
Dump in flour (start with 2 1/2 cups); add salt on top of flour.
Turn on bread machine to dough setting. Watch for the first bit and add flour as needed to get a good dough. (elastic and not sticky).
Get cookie sheet ready by lightly oiling with olive oil and sprinkle on cornmeal.
Form dough into loaf and set on cookie sheet with tea towel to cover until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 375*F.
Cut slits diagonally in loaf with sharp knife. Brush with egg white.
Sprinkle more garlic powder and Italian seasoning on top with the sea salt
Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and when you knock the bottom of bread it sounds hollow.

This bread is incredible with soups, stews, chili and as a treat with a pasta dish!

Chi

Autumn52

Chi,

I tried your first bread recipe and it is really good. The only thing I had a problem with was it didn't cut very good. I think I needed a little more flour so I will adjust it next time. I will definitely make this bread again. It has a slightly sweet taste which I love. Thank you for the recipe.

I can't wait to try this new recipe. I don't have a bread machine anymore, but I will use my stand mixer. It sounds good.

Here is a recipe that I have adjusted from a recipe I found somewhere, to be honest I can't remember. I will warn you this make a lot of bread, rolls, cinnamon rolls or whatever you make. It stays in the frig really good for about 3 days. So you could make fresh somethings everyday for almost a week. That is what I did.

Best Yeast Dough Ever[/font]
(use for cinnamon rolls, crescent rolls, bread, or just plain ole rolls) (Make 48 rolls or 4 loaves or any combination you choose)

1/2 cup warm water
3 tbs quick rise yeast
2 tbs sugar
(combine these in mixer and let it foam)
1 cup melted butter
2 cups milk (I heat the butter and milk together)
1 tbl salt
1 Cup sugar
6 eggs
4 cups flour
Blend in mixer till combined then add 5 more cups of flour, (yes, in addition to the 4 cups you add 5 more cups to make 9 cups total) let it knead in the mixer for 10 minutes. Your mixer will get a workout and you need your largest mixer bowl for this.

(The dough is sticky, just roll it out in plenty of flour.) Cover and let it rise in a warm place for an hour.
If you want rolls just roll it into whatever shape you like. Bread the same. This dough will make whatever you want.
Once your shaped dough has risen for about an hour (a little more is fine, I prefer an hour and half for a light texture) bake at 350 for about 14-18 minutes depending on how you rolled them out.
Cinnamon Rolls
This might seem strange but I tried it and it is so much better than just sprinkling cinnamon and sugar on. This is for one fourth of the dough I have just given you so if you want to make 48 cinnamon rolls just double it twice for the right amounts. (makes 12)
While it is rising I melt:
¼ cup butter
½  cups brown sugar and
¼  cup cinnamon. Mix it well.

Roll out the dough into a rectangle and spread the cinnamon mixture as evenly as you can.
Cut your rolls into 12 even rolls. For a perfect cut I cut in half and then make 6 out of each half.

This dough really rises nicely, so don’t put them to close! Let rise for 1 hour.

Bake at 325 until golden brown (about 18 minutes.)
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Chi

Hey Xandi,

Glad you like it! Yeah I do say in the recipe on my take of it that you have to add a bit more flour as you mix. I don't know exactly how much but maybe 1/4 to 1/3 cup? My breadmachine sounds like a 1972 plymouth reliant with a bad transmission so I bought a cheapo stand mixer with hooks and that's how i do it. works beautifully

FoxWriter

Chi! i made your Italian Parmesan bread! it's sooooo good! it's got a crunchy outside but a soft, fluffy inside! i let mine rise too much so it's a bit chewy, but i know better now for next time!I'm going to try you're oatmeal one next week!

[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Choose your own adventure : Fates be Chosen[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]50 Tales[/td][/tr]
[tr][td] Word of the Day[/td]
[/tr][/table]

Zananos

I'll serve to you a family favorite. I'll admit I stole a picture off the interwebs because I've never taken pictures of food I've made. This looks just like my cake.

Oreo Cookie Cake

Now this cake is expensive, high in calories, and should be a sin to even eat. But how can one not. 1/12 of this cake is equal to almost 500 calories in amazing cold cake goodness that will quickly make it a highly sought after dessert at any get together. Whether it is a hot summer party or holiday chill fest, this cake is great at any occasion. Though make sure you keep a piece hidden away for yourself, as it vanishes as soon as it is cut into. Often times, I carry a copy of the recipe when I take it places.

Ingredients

• One regular sized package of regular Oreos
  • 2 8oz tubes of whipped cream (I am partial to cool whip myself)
  • 1 and 1/2 packages of cream cheese (I am partial to Philadelphia) (8oz and 4oz)
  • 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1 8oz box of INSTANT chocolate pudding
  • Milk, 1/3 less than what the instant pudding recipe calls for. (We've found that it is typically 2 2/3 cups)
  • 1/2 cup to 1 cup of butter

This fills a 9x13 cake pan, so have one handy.

Eat 2 oreos! Or save them, or use them. But you can do this with 2 oreos missing. Put the remaining oreos through a food processor to become grated chunky powdery goodness. Put about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the crushed oreos aside and put the remains in a bowl. Melt the butter and mix it with the oreos, then spread them on the bottom of the cake pan. This is your crust layer. I find that more butter makes it easier to spread, but also makes the crust very buttery. It is up to your own tastes. Usually 1/2 cup is just enough.

Next mix 1 package of cream cheese (softened), 1 tub whip cream, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar together. You want to make sure there aren't any big lumps of cream cheese. Place this mixture on top of the bottom layer. It is tricky to do this without messing up the bottom layer. I find spreading these layers with my own hands as opposed to a spatula or spoon works better, although messier.

Mix 1/2 package cream cheese (softened), the box of pudding mix, milk. I've got a hands free mixer, so this layer I usually let mix while doing all the prior layers, as it is really difficult to get the cream cheese mixed in really good. It is okay to have specky chunks of cream cheese, just no large ones. Place this layer on the last one.

Finally, take the remaining tub of whipped cream and spread it across the top, and sprinkle on the oreos you set aside. If you need to serve it the day you make it, put it in the freezer, otherwise refrigerate overnight.
Sometimes I dream a dream, of simple tales in simple sleep; and although mine eyes are opened wide, I still cannot yet see.
In the process of moving and changing jobs, may be hit or miss activity wise for a month or so. Depends on schedule. Will try to post at least something small at least once a week. Not currently involved in any projects, group things, or role-playing.

FoxWriter

Coconut Bread Pudding with Butter Rum Sauce.

this serves four in an 8" cake pan.
i typically double it and put it in a 9x13 but either way works ^^
this dish needs to be refrigerated after baking.

PREP:
preheat oven to 350*

Six slices of Texas Toast, slightly stale. (may need 7 or eight depending on the brand)
2 tablespoons of butter. melted.
1/2 cup raisins(optional)
2/3'ds cup sweetened coconut flakes.

melt the two tablespoons of butter in the microwave.
slice or tear the bread into small pieces about 2'x2'. actual size doesn't really matter but try to be uniform for even texture.
toss the bread, the coconut and the raisins together to mix them well and pour them into the 8" cake pan.
drizzle the melted butter over the top of the bread.

Custard:

4 eggs, beaten.
2 cups (1 can) Coconut Milk.
3/4th cup white sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon (more to taste)
1/4th teaspoon nutmeg.
1 teaspoon Imitation Vanilla Extract.
1/4th teaspoon pure coconut extract.

combine all ingredient and whisk vigorously until sugar is dissolved. try not to beat the eggs too much.
let sit for about two or three minutes and then give it another whisking. this help all the ingredients settle in.
pour over the bread and press bread down with a fork, gently, until all the bread has soaked up the liquid. this may take some time and i recommend using a fork on the flat side.

for a pecan crust, press handfuls of crushed pecans (or other desired nut) into the soft bread unti you can no longer see the bread. this may take up to a cup or two.

place in preheated oven and bake 45-55minutes. when it has puffed up and is brown on top, you know its done. (note, if you use the pecan crust, it won't puff, and you won't be able to see it brown, so bake it a little on the longer side just to be sure. it will deflate after removing, don't worry, that's normal.

Butter Rum Sauce:

3/4th cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (two sticks) butter.
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4th cup Rum (may be switched out for brandy, whiskey, schnapps or any other favorite alcohol so long as it has a flavor to it. try to avoid fruity flavored alcohols, no wines. doesn't react well.)

place all ingredients into a 2 quart saucepan and heat on medium until it comes to a rolling boil, make sure to stir.
keep it boiling, stirring constantly for five minutes until the mixture is thick.
serve warm and store in the fridge for up to a week.
[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[/tr][/table]

Chi

Chi's Awesome "Stay Cool As A Cucumber" -Dill Macaroni Salad
Modified from the original recipe posted by SusieQusie at Food.com

I found the original recipe on food.com and realized I didn't have green onions nor did I have fresh dill! ACK! C'est Terrible! I MacGyvered it with the red onions and dry dill and added the pepper, carrot and celery for added color, flavor and texture.

This is a super quick and easy salad to make in the morning and toss in the fridge for dinner (especially with the chunk tuna!) Perfect for a hot summer day when you don't want to be slaving over your stove and would rather be enjoying a cool drink while watching your pool boy... yeah right like we can afford a pool boy!

Prep Time: 30 minutes             Serves: 10-12

Ingredients
1lb shell pasta (or your favourite small shape)
1 large red onion, diced
2 cups diced cucumbers, unpeeled (I use the seedless ones, one will usually do, and they don't get soggy like in the original recipe)
1 large pepper, diced (red, yellow or orange makes for a nice color pop!)
1 cup celery, sliced/diced... whatever it's called I'm not a chef! LOL
1 large carrot, shredded

Optional:
2 cans drained chunk light tuna (tried the salad leftovers with one can and was wowed!)

Dressing
1 cup Miracle Whip or similar salad dressing or mayonnaise (low-fat is fine too)
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried dill
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper (or to taste)

Directions

1. Cook pasta as per package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water then drain again.
2. In a medium bowl blend together dressing ingredients, adding more or less to get the right taste for you.
3. In large bowl combine the pasta with the cucumber and other ingredients.
4. Toss dressing with the salad and refrigerate.

Note: This isn't a Vegan recipe, but I'm sure someone out there can make it so very easily!

Recipe for Cashew Sour Cream!

Chi-ao for niao!

Serephino

Coconut Chicken and Rice

1lb ground chicken
1c cooked rice
1tbsp onion powder
1 1/2tsp garlic powder
1 container cream of coconut
1bsp curry powder
2tbsp lime juice

Cook ground chicken and season with spices.  Add cream of coconut and lime juice.  Mix with rice. 

Trigon

White rice with soy sauce

1/2 dried basmati rice
1 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce

Cook basmati rice for about 20 minutes in a rice cooker. Sprinkle with soy sauce after done, and enjoy!

despickable

Quote from: Trevino on August 23, 2016, 06:37:01 PM
White rice with soy sauce

1/2 dried basmati rice
1 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce

Cook basmati rice for about 20 minutes in a rice cooker. Sprinkle with soy sauce after done, and enjoy!

Thanks this is the perfect single man meal. It's also great to add other things too if the feeling grabs you.
like grated carrot or even celery etc.

Thanks for my next lunch idea

And thanks to all who have added their ideas to the thread I do read  them and even try a few out. I haven't posted here in awhile and i thought I best make an appearance. Hope to add a recipe of my own soon

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Serephino

In a Hurry Chicken

2-3 chicken breasts
1c ketchup
1c brown sugar
1 envelope onion soup mix

Mix sauce ingredients and spread over chicken in baking dish and bake.

Serephino

Cheesesteak Casserole

egg noodles
1 bag frozen onion and pepper stir fry thawed
1lb ground beef
1/2tsp pepper
1 jar cheese sauce

Brown beef, add onions and peppers.  Once beef is cooked thoroughly, add pepper and cheese sauce.  Serve with noodles.

Serephino

Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Potatoes

1 bag potatoes o'brian
1lb smoked sausage sliced
8oz pkg cream cheese
1/2c milk
bacon bits

Put potatoes in slow cooker.  Melt cream cheese and mix in milk.  Add to potatoes along with sausage and bacon bits and stir well.  Cook on low about 3-4 hours. 

SunshineSparkle

Copycat Cashew Cookie Larabars

Vegan, Gluten free, Paleo

Ingredients:

~ 30 Medjool dates, pitted
~ 1 pinch Salt
~ 1 1/2 cups Cashews, raw
~ Optional: Homemade dairy-free chocolate chips

Instructions:

1. Place 30 pitted medjool dates in a small food processor. Process until dates form a paste.
2. Next, add in raw cashews and pulse until the cashews are coarsely chopped and mixed in with your dates. You may need to stop and scrape the sides a few times. At this point you are able to pulse in optional chocolate chips. Just make sure you don't over mix and crush the chocolate!
3. Form a ball with your dough, then using a rolling pin, roll out dough so that it's about 1.5 inches thick. Slice into bars with a knife.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

FoxWriter

Chicken Pasta with Basil, Tomatoes and Spinach.

Ingrediants:
2 boneless skinless Chicken breasts cut into about one inch pieces.
1 small to medium Leek
1 jar of Sun dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil (if the tomatoes are whole you'll need to chop them up)
1/8th to 1/4th teaspoon red pepper flakes (depending on our heat tolerances)
1/4th teaspoon salt
1/4th to ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
4 Roma (or vine ripened) Tomatoes, chopped.
6 slices cooked bacon, chopped.
1/4th cup fresh basil, or three Tablespoons dried Basil (or to taste)
8oz fresh Spinach
3 cloves fresh garlic or two tablespoons minced garlic.
6-8 oz Angel Hair Sphagetti.

Process:
Take the jar of sun dried tomatoes and  drain all the Olive oi into a separate cup or container. DO NOT TOSS!

Clean the leak by slicing the bottom off and splitting it in half and rinsing all the layers. There may be dirt so rinse well. Slice each half in half again and then chop so ou have nice small but tasty pieces.

In a large pan with high sides place two tablespoons of the Oil from the tomatoes into the skillet on medium to high heat. Let the pan and oil warm up and then add the drained and chopped sun dried tomatoes, the chicken and the leek with the salt. Cook until chicken is cooked through and the leeks and tomatoes are fragrant. Leeks should be translucent but not brown. Some color is okay, be careful not to burn.

In another pot bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook yur Angel Hair Pasta until 'Al Dente'. You want it to have a little chewyness left to it.

Add the chopped Roma tomatoes, garlic, chopped bacon and Basil to the Chicken Mixture and let it heat until the bacon has softened and the tomatoes have released all their sweet juices. Add the spinach and mix until Spinach is wilted and soft. It should look like cooked spinach.

Drain pasta, DO NOT RINSE and add to the hot chicken and tomato mixture. Keep on medium to low heat  and toss Pasta in the mix until it has finished cooking and soaked up some of the tomato mix.

Drizzle on the rest of the oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes.

Serve hot, add salt and pepper to taste.
[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[/tr][/table]

FoxWriter

Chicken and Gnocchi Primavera
this is a creamy Gnocchi dish perfect for using up leftover chicken. I used Rosemary garlic chicken that I baked in the oven the previous day and it worked very well with the Parmesan and parsley in this dish.

You could use any kind of chicken however in nearly any amount. Other meat works just as well, just slice it and toss it in the pan as directed. Shrimp or crayfish/crab would no doubt also work very well with this meal, though fish I think would be too 'crumbly' and would be best served as a main while the Primavera served on the side.

This dish is so versatile that you can have a lot of fun with it! Take your time to explore with different vegetables and meats!

Ingredients:
Chicken (or other leftover meats s long as they are completely cooked through. We're just warming up the meat, not cooking it.)
1 17.9 package of Gnocchi
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 medium leek (you want to use a larger leek as they have a more potent flavor. The smaller ones are younger and more mild.) cut into quarters and then slice into two inch long slices. Rinse well.
8 uniform (smaller is better) sized radishes, washed, ends chopped and quartered.
8 ounces sugar snap peas
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 to 1 cup reserved water from the finished Gnocchi
¼ to ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest or ½ teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon parsley (fresh is better but dried works just as well.

Bring a pot of heavily salted water to a boil and break up the Gnocchi with your fingers. You don't want to just dump the entire package into the water when it's all clumped together. Reduce to a light boil and using a slotted spoon remove the Gnocchi as it floats to the top. It should be chewy on the inside and fluffy on the outside if your not sure.

Add the three tablespoons of olive oil to a large pan with high sides and cook the leaks until they are soft and beginning to brown. It can happen fast so keep an eye on it.

Once the leak is starting to brown add the radishes and the snap peas with salt and pepper to taste and toss with the leaks until the radishes are warmed through and the snap peas are crisp tender and hot.

Once the snap peas and radishes are cooked, add the chicken and toss until it's warmed. Add the Gnocchi and the reserved cooking water, start with 3/4th cup and add more as needed. Add the butter, the Parmesan, the lemon zest and the parsley and mix together until he butter is melted, the cheese has melted and the liquid has thickened. If it's too thick, add more of the reserved Gnocchi water.

Serve hot with more Parmesan and a few sprinkles of Parsley on top.

(this meal is VERY filling but is low fat and low cal. Serves three to four, depending on how hungry you are.)

[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

Yum on all the good recipes. Thank you all for sharing.

*noms*

Trigon

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

2 slices whole wheat bread
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp strawberry jelly

Nuff said!

despickable

The peanut butter and jelly reminds me of a staple fun food for kids parties in Australia and I have seen it on a few taste test  done on You tube with Americans and other who have no idea about it or heard of it,so i thought I could introduce it here. With Christmas or Thanksgiving this could be a fun thing to put on the tables for the littlies and so easy to make.

FAIRY BREAD.

Its the bread the fairies in the bottom of the garden eat or bread sprinkled with magic dust

It's simple.
Butter some bread anbd sprinkle ioo's and 1000's on them or Sprinkles if you like and then cut the bread slice on the angle so it is triagle shape and there you go. A sugary treat that is fun to eat.
You could shape the bread into animal shapes or what have you to add a little more fun

they look like this

No it isn't the healthiest but fun for birthdays and occasion as a treat  once in a while. They bring back happy childhood memories for me

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page