Victoria's Secret... agent?

Started by RedEve, January 20, 2013, 06:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

So... I am going to throw this out there just to see if there is an audience.
The idea is as such: Victoria's Secret has been receiving threats. The nature (threatening the life of their models) and the frequency (several instances of receiving them by mail and email) leads to the company taking them seriously.
Instead of involving the police and risking that the story becomes public, they instead turn to a private investigator firm. Their employees will be allowed access to the inner workings of the lingerie company (each under an assumed identity and job), so they can investigate the threats from the inside. The reason for the inside access is the shared belief of VS management and creatives that the threats are coming from inside the company.

Possible roles for this game include:
VS Angels or models
Designers
Photographers
Make-up artists
Security personnel

The PIs would be limited to a pair, one male and one female. I have reserved the female PI for myself, which means we only need another male.
If you have interest in this specific role, please PM me.

I will flesh out the details and background of the game more once I know there is enough interest. I am looking for something in the 6-8 players range for this.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Desirous

Hello there RedEve!

I`m very much interested in becoming a part of this plot and would be interested in playing the role of a Photographer. I`ll keep on following the thread and see how things shape up :)

RedEve

[float=right][img]http://insert image URL here[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b] [i](VS Angel, photographer, make-up artist, designer, security, ...)[/i]
[b]Bio:[/b]

Okay, for those of you interested, above is the CS template, feel free to fill one out already.

RedEve

And here is mine:

Name: Rachel Goldmann
Role: Private investigator
Bio: Rachel comes from a long line of lawyers. Her father and grandfather had both been senior partners at their own firm and Rachel would have had a place of her own waiting for her there had she ever passed the bar. Instead, she lost interest in the practice of law in her third year of law school, realizing that she had just been following her parents plans for her future, instead of finding her own way.
She worked a series of jobs after quitting school before finally finding something that stimulated her inquisitive mind and sense of adventure: private investigator at a large security firm. She worked her way up from the kind of jobs that were handed to junior investigators (basic background checks, shadowing unfaithful husbands, …) to the more specialized and serious stuff. Due to her age and limited experience, she was mostly partnered with a more experienced investigator.

Rachel has been more or less single since dropping out of law school, apart from a couple of men who lasted longer than a handful of dates. Too much of her time is consumed by her work for her to maintain a serious relationship anyway.

Desirous

I`ll post in m character details within a few hours time.

To RedEve - Very intriguing profile but I dont see a picture of your character.

JackWhite

Name: Andrew Stevenson
Height: 6'3"
Eye Colour: Green
Marital Status: Divorced
Orientation: Heterosexual
Job: Investigator

Dislikes: Overacting, Trash talking

Personality: At work Andrew is a calm and calculated person that will work hard to achieve his goals. He's always willing to help the people around him when they ask for it or when he can see them struggle. A genuine good guy he is. In private he's more loosened up with people he knows and trusts. The one with lame jokes and silly ideas.

History

Up to one year ago, Andrew has been married to what he thought was the love of his life. Turned out that she had another opinion about that. He caught her cheating on him in his own bed. An affair that had been going on for several months. He felt humilated by her and Andrew immediately threw her out. Apparently she had already worked on a plan when he found out because she had instantly found another place to stay. This hit him even more and he stopped working for a week to deal with the whole situation. It wasn't enough though but he had to get back to work if he didn't want to lose that too. At this moment he has dealt with most of his problems but still finds it hard to connect on an emotional level again.

His career had been going much smoother. He started off as a regular cop but soon realized that going after thieves like that wasn't what he wanted to do all his life. It didn't take long for Andrew to find his real call. He became a private eye at the age of twenty-four. Nowadays he's one of the most experienced guys at the office and he usually has a younger person of the team that joins him on the cases.

Desirous

Name: Rick James
Role: Photographer
Bio:
Born to a wealthy business tycoon family, Rick is one free spirited guy who loves his freedom. He believes that life is way too short and one should never be compelled to do something they which doesnt brings a smile to their face. After finishing his studies he told his family that he wasnt interested in taking care of the huge business empire and he followed his dream becoming a fashion photographer. He loves his work and enjoys the glamour aspect of the industry. He has written two books on fashion photography already making him a big name in the industry. After working for all the leading fashion magazines in the world, he`s signed a huge deal with Victoria Secret becoming their main photographer and his contract also includes him directing commercials for the company.
Due to his hectic work schedule he hasnt been able to be in a relationship. His social standing and his looks attracts women from all over but he hasnt met that someone special till this moment.

RedEve

RedEve

Mia:  ;D

I would like to move all OOC talk to the OOC thread. :)

Branwen

I would love to write with you again, RedEve.  I'll put a character idea together later today and submit it for consideration. 

Clever game title.  You're good at that.

RedEve

Quote from: Branwen on January 22, 2013, 04:39:36 AM
I would love to write with you again, RedEve.  I'll put a character idea together later today and submit it for consideration. 

Clever game title.  You're good at that.

Yay, always love having you on board Branwen! :)

I cannot take credit for this title though, that honor goes to Mia h. :)

Branwen

Quote from: RedEve on January 22, 2013, 04:57:53 AM
Yay, always love having you on board Branwen! :)

I cannot take credit for this title though, that honor goes to Mia h. :)

Thank you, RedEve!

Good, great work with the title, Mia h! 

I'm going to make a Lucy.  What's a Lucy?  Certainly not a model with a name like that.  There's not even an a in it.  And not an executive either.  Or a photographer.  Or really anyone important.  So what's a Lucy?

Lucy's get things done.  More to come later.  :)

RedEve

Quote from: Branwen on January 22, 2013, 05:05:53 AM
Thank you, RedEve!

Good, great work with the titel, Mia h! 

I'm going to make a Lucy.  What's a Lucy?  Certainly not a model with a name like that.  There's not even an a in it.  And not an executive either.  Or a photographer.  Or really anyone important.  So what's a Lucy?

Lucy's get things done.  More to come later.  :)

Can't wait! :P

Branwen

Name:  Lucy Schmidt
Role:  Generic Assistant Responsible For Whatever Assigned, look, she's just a Lucy, okay?
Bio:  Just turned 22 and with a freshly cured degree in French Literature from  Mount Holyoke, a young woman sets out to enter the work force and chase her dream career of being a book reviewer and junior editor for a publishing house.

Too bad about that whole economic downturn thing, huh?  Or a degree in French Literature from Mt. H?  Seriously?  She could have set a quarter of a million of Daddy's dollars on fire and at least gotten warm out of the deal.  Daddy would probably be happier too.  At least then he wouldn't have to worry about his unemployed daughter with no real job skills who also didn't have a MRS degree in the works.  Preferably to another Daddy's son who could take over the cost of keeping Lucy.  Not that she was expensive outside of what college and now her tiny apartment cost.  Lucy was very practical, very low maintenance, my God she drove a three year old Ford.  A Ford!  It was a good thing she was too ugly for the pretty girl's clique and too cute for the ugly girl's clique and too standoffish for the popular one and too extroverted for the introverted ones.  She was just Lucy.  Two consonants and the two ugliest vowels.

But Lucy got things done.  She always had.  She was always the go to person when you had a task and didn't quite know what to do with it.  It might not require any special skills or thought, but it had to be done.  Reliably.  Without supervision.  "Oh, Lucy will do it."

And she did.  Always. 

Daddy knew a guy who used to sleep with a girl who also blew a photographer who owed someone a favor and got Lucy in the door at Victoria's Secret as an assistant.  Sounds glamorous, right?

No, you're thinking Personal Assistant.  Those almost brothers and sisters who work one on one with the models or the best photographers or the executives.  Those people had perks and power and fiefdoms and drama and didn't take shit from anyone but the people they PA'd for.  They were important.

Lucy was just an Assistant.  She got things done.  Some fifteen year old fitting model had her feelings hurt and binged on HoHos and Diet Lemonade and Xanax then bulimia vomited it all up in the bathroom and her hair and dress?  While Corporate and Legal and Security were in the suite working how to spin it and contain it, someone had to go in and get the girl cleaned up.  Yep, send for Lucy.

One of the almost good enough models was having a panic attack and incredibly no on, no one!, on the set had any Xanax?  Lucy, go get some.  And she would.

Lucy knew who everyone was but they didn't know her.  She was just one of those girls.  "You, yes with the ugly glasses.  Run and get us 2 vanilla mocha chai lattes and a Whopper."  Somehow she knew you preferred it dry but with extra tomatoes.

Important people didn't have time to loan their keys and passwords and access cards to a Lucy.  "Just give her access," they'd say and all off a sudden Lucy had more access to everything at VS than anyone really realized.  She had to.  And what did it matter?  She was just a Lucy.

And that oh so high school pink journal of hers?  Why couldn't she get a tablet like everyone else to remember things and make lists and keep track of whatever it was Lucy's did.  Really, it was as bad as her glasses.  Or her hair.  And had she ever even heard of exfoliation?

"Lucy.  We need you to..."

Branwen

Aren't they cute?  And in the bargain bin too, like no one else wanted them.  I saved so much money.

Erin has amazing hair. And skin.  And eyes.  And even her boxing gloves are cute.

RedEve

Love the character Branwen, welcome to the game. :)

Initially all of the PCs should assemble at VS HQ in Columbus Ohio.
We can then branch off into more glamorous locales. Prepare Lucy for a trip to the Caribbean!

Branwen

Your luggage is already aboard Miss and your mail will be forwarded via next day air and Mr. Fluffy has a catsitter. Oh,  and here's a charger for your cell phone compatible with the jet.

RedEve

For easy reference, if everyone could move his or her character sheet to this thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=163561.0

Desirous

Welcome Branwen and love the character profile!  :-)

RedEve

Quote from: Desirous on January 22, 2013, 08:40:13 AM

Says the man who will probably have the poor girl hauling his equipment.  ;D

Desirous

Quote from: RedEve on January 22, 2013, 08:48:56 AM

Really looking to it and to alot of other possibilities *Eyes the Agent*  ;D

Branwen

Quote from: Desirous on January 22, 2013, 08:40:13 AM
Thank you, Desirous.

Branwen

Quote from: RedEve on January 22, 2013, 08:48:56 AM

That's one of those sexual innuendo things, isn't it?  :)

Desirous

RedEve