Mass Effect RP (Ceta)

Started by OHWceta, March 11, 2012, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

Just pick what you want, the team is pretty flexible.

So should I put you in for the Quarian then? You can make your own bio  btw, I just had that one up to introduce the concept of how a Quarian sex slave would probably work.

Now all we need is probably 1 more male of any species. And we need a Batarian and a Turian.

Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

RedEve

I changed AVA's appearance and weaponry in the CS. :)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

RedEve

I have no idea if you already had a ship design in mind, but I quite like this one:

What sort of characters are you still looking for?

RedEve

Quote from: Karma on March 13, 2012, 08:12:11 AM
What sort of characters are you still looking for?

From OHWs post at the top of this page:

QuoteNow all we need is probably 1 more male of any species. And we need a Batarian and a Turian.

Whoops, sorry! Unusual of me to have missed that. I'm interested in playing a male turian, if you'll have me.

OHWceta

Certainly. Look forward to seeing your bio.

Like the new look for Ava btw.

I,ll give a bit more time to see if anyone else wants to join and while those of you without character bios can write them up.
We have enough people to start since I can fill in for the Batarian and other secondary characters.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

Name: Tarkus Koprolian
Race: Turian
Class: Infiltrator
Powers: Disruptor and Cryo Ammo, Incinerate, Sabotage, Overload
Affiliation: Contractor/mercenary

Background: Tarkus was once an up-and-coming turian spec-ops agent being prepared for SPECTRE service. Capable and loyal, an exemplar of his species, he seemed a natural candidate to rise to the top of the ranks and serve the Council. During an encounter with slavers, a bomb set by a reckless salarian SPECTRE he was ordered to support detonated under his squad's feet, killing all of them and leaving Tarkus seriously injured. Full of dextro-adrenaline, he was able to ignore his wounds long enough to corner the salarian and choke the life from him.
Upon being released from Huerta, he was informed via mail that the Council had removed him from SPECTRE consideration. They never said why, but it was clear to Tarkus that a lone SPECTRE was worth more to them than an entire turian squad. Enraged, he resigned from the service for "medical reasons" and spent a few months in the wildernesses of Palaven. He had taken a communicator for family emergencies only, and it was on this line (which was supposedly known only to his siblings) that he received a call directly from the turian councilor. "The Council recognizes your value to the galactic community, but you must understand we cannot grant you SPECTRE status at this time. We offer you a provisional special agent position. You will have access to our resources on a case-by-case basis, but you will not be recognized as a Council agent."
"Plausible deniability, is it?" What they were offering was backhanded and manipulative, a way to get an operative while offering none of the protections. He couldn't waltz through a marketplace shooting it up and then cry home for mother Council to protect him. "I'll take your shitty deal, councilor. I've got nothing better to do. All my men are dead." The councilor visibly flinched at this, but nodded and the transmission ended.
Tarkus worked with several SPECTREs on various missions, and a few even took to requesting him, despite his open hostility toward them. "Refreshing," one of them called him. "No one else could know I'm a SPECTRE and then freely call me a Krogan's afterbirth."

Characteristics: Tarkus was once idealistic and true, but has now become suspicious and sardonic. Quick to wit and slow to trust, this agent has become known among certain informed circles as the "SPECTRE's shadow." An unknown turian has saved several SPECTRE lives in volatile situations, without ever being identified. He is known to carry a Viper sniper rifle and a turian-designed pistol known as the Ganeus. Uninterested in "bristly" turian women, Tarkus has taken interest in the softer species of the galaxy, asari, human, quarian; not an uncommon preference among his species. While wearing his armor, he appears to be a nondescript turian... except for his short, jagged crests, which were blown off in the explosion and honed down to very sharp points by Tarkus.

OHWceta

Only one small problem. Part 1 of the RP takes place a year before the events of Mass Effect, so Sovereign and his involvment with the Geth is completely unknown to the council at the time of the RP.
Otherwise your bio fits well.

Once we get a Bio from Vaulera we can get this RP started.

That's what I get for reading and writing this on my phone! Missing obvious stuff like that. So uh, let's just have him on loan, still a soldier for that first part, and come back all pissed off for the second part.

OHWceta

You can keep the incident, just change it from Sovereign and the Geth to something like a terrorist or mercenary or whatever you see fit.

Now I have a general consensus question for all the members on this RP. How much smuttiness do you want on this RP? I can easily work the story to everyones' preferences on the issue, limiting adult content or allowing for more inclusion of sexual situations as needed

Sure thing, I'll fix it. I would say medium to light smut content, at least that I'm involved in.

Cold Heritage

As long as I don't have to be involved in any smut that goes on and it's never my character's personal failure that results in anyone who wants their character non-conned getting non-conned, I'm fine with whatever.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

PeacethatPowerbrings

We are building a consensus.  ;D

I'm fine with whatever happens.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

I'm not really here for smut, but I won't go far out of my way to avoid it, if you know what I mean.

OHWceta

My intent is for a little more than what was in the actual Mass Effect Series. But close to those lines as far as how much is included. (Not counting for the liberties of certain missions such as rescuing the Quarian sex slave).

OHWceta

Quote from: RedEve on March 13, 2012, 05:48:13 AM
I have no idea if you already had a ship design in mind, but I quite like this one:

We'll go ahead and use this design for the human vessel. I'll try to work on a floor plan, expect it to be around the size of the Normandy SR2. The Ship will be named the SSV Barrigada

Here's the other Ship Designs:
The Minuteman - The SPECTRE Vessel:
SSV Taito - A Human Carrier used later in the RP as a base:

eBadger

Quote from: OHWceta on March 13, 2012, 06:07:50 PMNow I have a general consensus question for all the members on this RP. How much smuttiness do you want on this RP? I can easily work the story to everyones' preferences on the issue, limiting adult content or allowing for more inclusion of sexual situations as needed
I intend to play Suzie as a very sexual, outgoing creature: basically she's a sex icon.  That said, I played her the same way on a PG-rated site, so it doesn't mean I intend to be smutty.  And as a straight guy playing a girl that might seem a bit awkward anyways.  And really, Suzie's overly-skanky nature is more the result of an abused mind equating sexual attention with love than a real desire to have sex with anyone. 

So basically, I'm up for whatever and will roll with stuff thrown at me, but that may just be a brief summary to keep the plot in motion. 

Name: Suzie Lao
Suzie Lao is a counterculture icon, famous throughout the galaxy for her illegal broadcasts detailing the excesses, hypocrisy and tyranny of the major governments.  A Champion of the People, she’s sexy, fun, a pistol-wielding Robin Hood of information broking – half rock star glam and half folk hero violence.  As much as she pisses off big business and government, she enthralls everyone else.  She’s not above burglary, shootouts or seduction to get a story, and her news station – the Underground – hacks its way into normal feeds and brings anarchy, chaos and free love to every man, woman and Asari that ever felt sick of the powers keeping them down.  The revolution will be televised!

Race: Human
Class: Engineer
Powers: Sabotage, Overload, Combat Drone, Throw, Tech Armor
-Suzie is a technological savant with a penchant for hacking systems to seize information or defensive assets.  She's rarely without at least one armed camera drone, and the need for fan appeal has led her to an emphasis on cutting edge biotic and energy shields rather than armor, which is typically minimal.  Her abilities at telekinesis are more utilitarian than powerful, more often used to lift an access key or datapad than an enemy. 

Weaponry: Pair of 7.7R Ciriatto Pistols and a 7.7X Rubicante Pistol, typically with Warp ammo

-With a focus on getting a story or creating mayhem rather than mere slaughter, Suzie doesn't stock a full arsenal.  Her preferred sidearms are a pair of prototype weapons liberated from a Cerberus facility during an investigation of Alliance governmental corruption, as well as a small custom holdout designed to collapse down to a tiny, scan-proof package. 

History: Suzie's childhood is a mystery that she prefers not to have answered. According to every record she was a model suburbanite whose parents died tragically.  Left with a fortune, she vanished for two years and suddenly reappeared with a vendetta that captured the galaxy's imagination. 

In reality, she was indeed born to an affluent family in Vancouver, the daughter of a powerful and unscrupulous lawyer and a wealthy heiress.  However, it was hardly idyllic; during years of abuse Suzie hid away with her studies until her father's violence culminated in her mother's suicide.  Legal recourses proved fruitless, and in the end Suzie solved the problem with her father's own pistol at the age of 14. 

She grabbed some funds and escaped off-world to avoid capture by police.  After a difficult start she fell in with a pirate vessel, where she learned to fight and put her education and aptitude with tech to malicious - and surprisingly fun - use.  Suzie learned to delight in chaos, pushing back against the oppressive legal hierarchy that had destroyed her mother and her childhood.  A series of short, amateur videos showing raids of everything from slavers to bankers, with suitably witty commentary, quickly went viral. 

An arrest on the Presidium for minor vandalism changed her life.  Fearing murder charges for her father, she was surprised to learn that his death had been reported accidental: a move by his firm to avoid scandal.  She was being hunted by the government as a missing person with a large inheritance, not a felon. 

She quickly set that to rights.  Nearly the entire fortune was sunk into a small ship with a stealth system and massive communications suite - the Underground itself - as well as top of the line weapons and armor.  Shedding the anonymity of her first videos she blossomed as a cult hero, pirate captain, and information broker. 

Her exploits should, by all rights, make her a wanted terrorist.  She delights in sabotage, burglary, and bombings.  She gives repeated injunctions to overthrow the government, attack police, and defy the law.  However, her actions have been aimed almost exclusively at the rotten core of the galaxy's corporations and governments: corrupt officials, rapists, slavers, the immoral rich who meet with little public pity.  The only serious attempt to prosecute her resulted in an outrage against the defense of her targets and doomed a judge and several politicians to disgraceful early retirement. 

With a charisma that sways billions and a daredevil attitude, Suzie is plunging headlong into a self destructive spiral.  She's willing to try most anything for an extra edge, from illegal gene hacking to prototype implants.  Her personal habits are a combination of manic attempts at perfection and unbridled hedonism. 

Inspirations: Bonnie & Clyde, Michael Moore, Rock Stars, the Irish Troubles. 

Sexual Orientation: Primarily lesbian, but willing to try most anything just for the sake of being outrageous. 

Preferred Position: Dominant; despite her forward attitude, Suzie is more of a vicious tease than a slut.

Ship: The Underground is a mid-range ship, designed as a swift yacht.  It has a small cargo hold and living quarters intended for a couple to live comfortably.  Most of the hold is now converted into a massive communications array, while a stealth suite has also been added to foil electronic detection.  Armament is minimal, intended for superiority against a lightly armed merchant, errant patrol fighter, or to cover a swift retreat. 

OHWceta

Look forward to seeing how she plays out in this RP, good luck.

Just 1 more Bio to go, or if anyone else wants to join in, there's still time, otherwise we're about ready to get this thing started.

Cold Heritage

The image for the SSV Taito doesn't show up for me. Got the url and tried pasting it directly into my address bar, but all it got me was your album.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

OHWceta

I'll get it fixed, the Ship doesn't appear till much later in the RP anyways.

The OOC thread will be up soon along with Bios on some of the NPCs

Vaulera

Name: Zali  (Surname left in the dust with her birth ship)
Class: Adept
Powers: Pull, Shockwave, Push, Slam

Weaponry: Carnifex and Javelin (eventually)
Zali doesn't usually like open combat, either shooting an enemy in a surprise attack or shooting them from a long ways away, carrying the javelin more for threat than actual combat in a close quarters situation.

Bio: Zali was an unusual Quarian, to say the least, having been a rare Quarian to develop biotics and not showing an aptitude or an interest in technology, shunning it on account that her parents had been killed by the geth a year after her birth. She was adopted by a close friend of her father, raised on the migrant fleet, never setting foot off the migrant fleet until it came time for her pilgrimage, a journey to find something useful to her people. Zali had been through several colorful places in the galaxy, not having a great knowledge of technology greatly impeding her progression. After six months of moving from planet to planet, searching relentlessly, Zali wound up on Omega, searching the streets for information, technology, anything to bring back and end her journey. All of her scrounging caught the eye of a batarian slaver, a pirate by the name of Genn Tannik, confronting her and offering her information on a massive omni tool breakthrough and to meet him at a later point to be exchanged for credits. Zali accepted the offer, being quite naive, showing up and getting stolen away, being forced into slavery and gradually having her fragile immune system bolstered, intended to be used as an exotic sex slave by her captor.

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Sexual Preference: Straight, very adverse to same sex pairing

Preferred position: Extremely submissive, slave and all

WendySlaveGirl

*snaps fingers* Dang, I'm too late for the Quarian role. I may make another character though since I love ME so much.

RedEve

I'm okay with a game low on smut, but I will follow the lead of the rest of you in that regard. ;)

OHWceta

I,ll add Zali to the roster.

Look forward to seeing your bio WendySlaveGirl.

I have the OOC thread posted but cant link it until I get off work (my phone cant copy and past).