Re: Murder on the Elliquiy Express: European Tours: Day 4

Started by Pixilicious, July 19, 2010, 09:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixilicious

The Elliquiy Express was one of the world's most luxurious trains.  Each year, it offered an opportunity for people to travel the world in unsurpassed opulence with all their wants and needs taken care - even those that they weren't aware of.  People traveled from all over the world to enjoy the once in a lifetime experience the journey offered.

Aware of the demand, the owners could decide who they invited onboard and, as a result, only the lucky or obscenely rich were lucky enough to board the train each year.  With only four sleeping cars, berths were extremely limited - particularly given the spaciousness of each suite. 

You are one of the lucky few to board this journey.  You may not know it now but it will be one of the most unique trips you will ever experience.  Two (or more) of the passengers are pathological murderers picking off the innocent night by night.  Will you survive and even enjoy the trip?

This is a game loosely based on the mafia style of gaming but with unique twists.

Day/Night Cycle
It will run on a day/night cycle with the following schedule :

Day

Each day (except for day one), the passengers will decide who amongst them will be forcefully disembarked at the station the train is stopping at that day. 
Will they remove the murderer, the innocent or even one of their protectors?

After the daily stop, passengers will decide which carriage (1, 2 or 3) they are sleeping in that night and will PM this decision to the GM. 
Only once all decisions have been made and are final will this information be released in a collated post and the night cycle will begin.

Night

Each night, the GM will randomly choose (through a dice roll) which murderer will be active (unless one has been disembarked) and advise them that they have to make a choice of person in their car to kill.
Once that decision has been made and other special roles taken into account, the GM will post the results and the next day cycle will commence. 

Players in the same carriage as the murderer will be informed after the murder victim has been decided and before the day cycle commences.

Special Roles

Passenger
Collectively vote to disembark one passenger each day.

Murderer (x4)
Chooses one passenger to murder each night - which murder occurs is randomly decided by the GM (dice roll).  The murderer may only choose to murder someone who is in the same carriage they are.

Security Guard
Active.  Their presence may or may not stop any murders happening in the same carriage.

Engineer
Passive.  Can be utterly trusted but is not immediately identifiable.  Passengers in the same carriage as the Engineer will notice a faint odour of coal and know that they are in the presence of one they can trust... they just won't know who it is.

Train Conductor
One time during the game, the Conductor may choose to be told which carriages held murderers the previous night.  They will not be told how many murderers were in each carriage - the result will appear like "Murderers were in Carriages 1 and 3". 

The Mad Passenger
The mad passenger is not that strong psychologically but is very strong physically.  Should someone attempt to murder them, their tenuous grasp on reality will be broken and they will fight back.  Should this happen, the murderer will instead be killed and the mad passenger, in their unhinged state, will take over the role of Murderer.  Until this happens (if it happens at all), the Mad Passenger is stable and 'good'.

Accomplice
Passive.  Should the accomplice be in the same carriage when the murderer tries to attack the security guard or mad passenger (only these two roles), the murderer will succeed.  The identity of the accomplice will not be revealed at this time.

Other Rules
Passengers should not discuss which carriage they are going into (either privately or publicly) until such information is revealed by the GM.
Roles should remain secret and not shared with other players as to do otherwise would spoil the strategy and fun that comes with the game.
All PM communication should be CC'd to Pixilicious so that he can be entertained as well!
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Pixilicious

Current Player List

Ariadne
Marguerite
Spell
Starlequin
Kyrsa
Barnbean
Alxnjsh
Ryven
Sir Wolfgang
Sasha
Beguile's Mistress
Valerian
Imogen
Remiel
Kaizen
Random Civilian

Pixilicious

The Elliquiy Express chugged along the platform and, with a deep echoing blast of the horn and a final puff of smoke, settled gracefully in front of the lucky patrons waiting to board.  Before the doors opened, a voice echoed out across the platform speakers.  Suprisingly clear, the passengers looked around and smiled as they heard the beginning of their adventure.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome!  The Elliquiy Express will shortly begin boarding.  At that stage, please present your passport and ticket to our concierge, Pixilicious, and she will see to your comfort and personalised introduction to your home for the next few weeks.  As it is soon becoming night, your luggage will be delivered directly to your suite and dinner and drinks will be provided in the dining car or your rooms as you choose.  Now, without further ado, please feel free to board the Elliquiy Express.  Welcome and we hope you enjoy the fantastic experience awaiting you."

Welcome everyone!

We are starting during evening time, almost, but not quite the end of the day cycle.

To start the game, you have a choice to retire to Carriage A, B, C or D.  Please PM me which carriage you would prefer to stay in tonight, listing them in order of preference if you have not already done so. In the pre-game PM, I listed an example of how this could be done.  I will be giving a few more hours to receive this information.  If, at this time, I haven't received it, I'll randomly assign you to whatever open spaces there are.

While I collate this information, feel free to have a bit of fun in character while boarding the train and settling in.

Ryven

Ryven walked slowly along the platform, his large suitcase rocking back and forth with each step.  The Elliquiy Express was sitting on the tracks to his right, the sounds of ventilation and pneumatic systems resounding an industrial symphony along the tracks.  He turned to one of the cars.  Just a few steps more and he would be stepping up into the large luxurious train.

From his coat pocket, his hand emerged holding his passport with a ticket neatly folded inside.  A smile crossed his lips as he nodded to the concierge, handing each item to the man for inspection.  Upon receiving both once more, he spoke of his gratitude.  "Thank you.  I'm sure the tour will be as exciting as I hope."

He ascended into the car, turning toward the row of compartments and walking in further.  He appeared to be the first to arrive.  The man chose a compartment near the far end of the car, stepping inside to settle in. 

Kaizen

Kaizen smiled as he watched the sleek locomotive glide in to a stop at the station terminal.  He listened to the boarding call announcement and then patted his coat pocket for reassurance that he hadn’t lost his ticket.  With everything in order, he wrestled his luggage over to the baggage check and left them for the clerk to deal with.

Second in line to board, and happy to be free from his luggage, he readied his documents.  The Gentleman ahead of him seemed to be a pleasant fellow,”Thank you.  I'm sure the tour will be as exciting as I hope." He overheard him say.

He smiled to the concierge and handed over his documents.  After the business of boarding the train was complete, Kaizen found his way to the lounge car.  He ordered a bourbon and coke and found a table adjacent to a window that offered a good view.

Aiden

With the first passengers coming in, Aiden was seated in a corner of the "lounge car" on a stool with his legs crossed and his thigh used to hold up the guitar he was still tuning to perfection. The man was dressed in a pair of khaki slacks, black leather showed and a short sleeve button down black shirt. He immediately began to play so those who came in for a drink or a seat would be treated to the sounds of the guitar. He immediately began to play so those who came in for a drink or a seat would be greeted to the sounds of the music. His eyes moved from his hands to the line of people outside the train who were slowly making their ways in, a wink or a nod of his head given to those entering the car he was in.

Starlequin

Starlequin shuffled down the line toward the boarding station, his heavy duffel bouncing over his shoulder and ruffling his floppy, bright red aloha shirt. He noted the fellows ahead ensuring their grips on their own tickets and passports and followed suit, reaching toward his back pocket and touching-

Nothing.

'Quin's eyes widened and he froze in his tracks as he shoved his hand back and forth into the deep, empty pocket. 'OK, OK, stop and think. Be cool, man. You had it this morning on the counter, you put it in your pocket, you had it when you got out of the cab at the sta-'

Waaait a minute...

'Quin dropped his bag to the floor and reached back into his other pocket, and his fingers clamped on the grooved passport cover and enclosed ticket. His heart started beating again, and a smile crossed his face as he snatched his luggage back up over his shoulder. 'Whew! That was too close. It would have killed me to miss this trip, I've been dying for a vacation!'

He sprinted toward the boarding line, his sandals popping against the smooth concrete, and skidded to a stop just as the second fellow stepped onto the train. With a cheesy flourish, he handed the concierge his papers and smiled, looking over the train. "Man, this is gonna be an awesome trip!" He said excitedly, stepping aboard.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Sasha

Sasha makes her way to the train ...dressed to be presentable in emerald green , holding on to her hat of the day ...which does help define the woman's mood . Today she is feeling a bit magical and set for this darling adventure all are raving about . A luxurious train ride ..with fellow members of E ...what a delightful way to get to know everyone . Skipping down the sidewalk ..her bag on wheels behind her and another over her shoulder . My she even managed to brush her hair today and put make-up on . What a good girl Sasha  has been tucking the service menu in her front luggage compartment as it had such a nice outline of things she couldn't leave it behind.

Handing over her ticket ...then of course giving the man a kiss on the cheek as she hoped aboard .  Making her way through the train .. the sound of the guitar and the beat of the music ..made her hips move a bit . " Afternoon all .. " with a wave of the hand.  Seemed the men were a bit more eager this morning as She kicks the bag under a table till someone tells her otherwise what to do . Dances over to the bar and orders a Margarita  to match the tone of the place . Why not ...it is the start of a wonderful journey anyways . 

HockeyGod

alxnjsh found his way to the train station with butterflies in his stomach. Carefully he looks around searching for important clues. No kids...excellent. No hockey players...bummer. The facts caused him to shrug, but not make any changes to his itinerary. Holding a perfectly packet suitcase in his right hand he carefully steps onto the platform and then with a momentary pause, climbs the steps into the train.

Seeing a few familiar faces, alxnjsh smiled. Of course a familiar face appeared in the corner - Ryven. He moved over to his friend and nudged his shoulder. Maybe they weren't butterflies after all.

"Hey, got a barf bucket? I get motion sick."

Kye

Kyrsa handed her ticket to the man waiting for her to board with a smile and stowed her luggage away before joining the others in the dining car.  She glanced around, waving and smiling at those she knew before she made her way to the bar and ordered a Cosmo. 

"Mind if I join you two?" she asked Alx and Ryven a moment later, drink in hand.

Ryven

After finishing the muffin, he had begun to read a book as the others boarded the train.  He was about halfway through a satirical account of Queen Victoria's life which portrayed her as a demon hunter when alxnjsh sat down and nudged his shoulder.  Ryven looked over and his lips curled into a smile.

"Umm, I don't have one, but perhaps the conductor or cocierge--"  He started before spotting a motion sickness bag in his compartment.  He picked it up and handed it to the other man.

"It seems they were prepared for you."  He said with another smile.

When Kyrsa approached, Ryven looked up from his seat to see the beautiful lady holding a drink.

"On one condition...you provide me with one of those."  He said gesturing to the drink in her hand.  "I'll gladly give you a muffin in return along with a seat with us.

Sir Wolfgang

Wolfgang strode briskly up the stairs onto the platform where the Elliquiy Express was boarding, and sighed heavily as his blue-grey eyes fell on the line of passengers waiting to board.

"Great," he muttered, setting his suitcase down to pull his ticket and passport out of the pocket of his black suit jacket, "I knew I should have left the house earlier."

He smiled warmly at the conductor as she punched his ticket, then stepped up into the dining car. As he entered, the sound of guitar music filled his ears, and he smiled. Perhaps this vacation would be fun after all. He sidled up to the bar, and set his suitcase down beside him as he took a seat on a barstool. He removed his black fedora, revealing his touseled blonde hair, and gestured to the bartender.

"Guinness, please," he said with a grin. He turned to survey the passengers who had already arrived, and his eyes fell on the woman dressed in emerald green. He grinned bigger, and turned to take his stout from the bartender. This vacation was already shaping up to be a good idea.

Remiel

Remiel arrived, luggage in hand,  wearing a sweater vest over a long-sleeved shirt.  He had been looking forward to this trip for quite some time.  As an American, he did not get to spend much time visiting Europe, and there really was no better way to tour it than via the Elliquiy Express.  Sunglasses on, an ear bud from his iPod in one ear, he presented his ticket to the concierge, then boarded the train. 

Once on board, he smiled vaguely at his fellow passengers and ordered a Guinness stout before finding an empty seat.   He opened his laptop bag, retrieving from it that day's newspaper.  He read through the headlines, then the sports pages to follow the latest football scores (and groaning when he saw that Man. U. had lost again), then flipped to the crossword puzzles.  He loved doing crosswords.  He felt it kept his mind sharp, and sometimes, when he was feeling daring, would do them in pen.

Valerian

Val was here thanks to sheer luck.  On a whim, she'd entered a contest that had offered, among other prizes, tickets for this trip.  Knowing she'd never, ever win anything in a million years, let alone the grand prize, she entered anyway for the fun of it.  When the news had arrived that she'd won, she'd come close to passing out.

Now, of course, she was doing her best to look nonchalant even in the face of all this opulence.  It wasn't working very well, but she didn't really mind.  She was having much too much fun.  Once her baggage was settled, she took out the itinerary and started rereading it, even though she had nearly every word memorized by now.  At last she tucked it into the book she was reading, took another look around the lush lounge car, and got herself a glass of juice and a place to sit.  The chairs were just as plush and comfortable as they looked, and she sighed happily to herself as she settled in.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Pixilicious

As the guests started to socialize with each other, Pixilicious walked back into the carriage.   She knew that night was fast approaching and had to make a point of giving out the Carriage Assignments before it got to be too late.

A few steps in, she paused and a group of appropriately, by stylishly dressed staff moved around her carrying platters with little black velvet jewelry boxes, each tied with red ribbon in a perfect bow.  One by one, they silently placed the boxes on the table in front of each of the passengers, seemingly knowing the identity of each by sight.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Christmas is coming early this year for you.  Your suite key and some gifts are contained within the boxes you were just given.  Thank you again for traveling on board the Elliquiy express.  Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time through the buzzer located in each suite - I will be only too happy to help.  All suites are now ready and your luggage has been delivered however please do not feel rushed.  The lounge car is open twenty four hours a day and you may relax here as long as you desire."

With a bow and a flourish, she moved back and left the carriage, trailed by the staff.

When the passengers open the boxes, they find the keys made of solid gold, engraved with a carriage and suite number.

Carriage ACarriage BCarriage CCarriage D
Suite 1:Sir WolfgangSuite 1:Beguile's Mistress
Suite 1:ImogenSuite 1:Marguerite
Suite 2: RemielSuite 2: StarlequinSuite 2:BarnbeanSuite 2:Ryven
Suite 3: Kyrsa
Suite 3:SashaSuite 3:AlxnjshSuite 3:Random Civilian
Suite 4:KaizenSuite 4:ValerianSuite 4:SpellSuite 4:Ariadne

Aiden

Looks like I'll be joining those in Carriage B tonight..
Aiden smiles to himself after seeing the arrangements during a quick break and mingling at the bar, returning to his small stage and taking up his instrument again. He plays a combination of Spanish guitar tunes and any special request that are made late into the evening until the passengers begin to retreat to their sleeping cars for the evening.

Sasha

Sasha drinks her Margarita and thanks the Pixi for the boxed gift ... as the beautiful woman seems to instruct all about the wonders of the train . Captivated by this woman as she turns and seems to greet everyone on board. Trying not to eaves drop but a few of the people that have boarded the Train , she has not yet had the privilege of  getting to know elsewhere . Noticing a few Others that she does know a slight nod of the head is extended to them .

Opening up my little box of sweetness ...Reading the key telling me about my sleeping arrangements for the night umm Carriage B . Wondering who all else might be joining me as it is all quite exciting this trip . Sipping my drink and enjoying the lovely music Aiden has provided . Sir Wolfgang ordering his beer .as did  Remiel ..seeing he had brought a laptop ..oh my not able to leave the internet behind it seems . Addiction is quite interesting to watch anyways .

Moving over to find out what Remiel was doing ...since he pulled out a newspaper and was writing on it , slightly surprised it was crossword puzzles . Well now it had been awhile since Sasha had done anything like that ..humming  and returning to her drink for she seriously didn't want to show how stupid she might be. Since Remiel was busy and seemed content ..Sasha asked Sir Wolfgang ... " Would you like to dance ?" still with a slight sway to her hips enjoying the music being offered. " My name is Sasha ..and what might yours be ?"

Random Civilian

If there was ever a time that the random civilian had ever clutched anything as tightly as she had held her passport and train ticket, she couldn’t remember it.  The imprints that were left behind on the passport’s worn cover would likely remain there for some time.  Fortunately for her, they had not hurt the valuable identification that was housed inside.  After spending some time to convince the staff that she was indeed who she claimed to be, the civilian had been allowed to board.

To her, the train was an absolute marvel.  Not only that, but so were the other passengers.  It had been some time since she’d seen so many attractive people all in the same place and in person. On top of that, the concierge had just mentioned something about gifts… She couldn’t help but grin at her good fortune. Lady Luck may be a fickle mistress, but quite obviously, she was currently on the civilian’s side.

Soon after boarding, the civilian had, at first, hidden herself away.    She sat, for a short moment, a few rows away from where the bulk of the guests had been gathering.  However, when the train’s staff had begun to hand out their delicate boxes, she couldn’t help but begin to feel her curiosity take over.  After carefully opening her own box and seeing its contents, she came over to claim a seat that was closer to the bar.  From her new position, she was able to get a better view of the other guests and wondered which among them would be sharing her carriage that night.

Ariadne

Ariadne barely made it to the station let alone onto the train proper. Having a fright that very morning when she realized she had misplaced her travel itinerary, tickets and passport in the recent move. Thankfully her cat had seen fit to sleep on the items keeping them safe until Ariadne realized where she had placed them.

After boarding the train in a mad rush - Ari hated being late to anything - she sat down and tried to let the stress of the week bleed away, looking out the window she saw the car that brought her to the station leave...along with her luggage in the back seat...Ariadne cursed under her breath and looked down at her feet reflexively for her purse. Sighing at the sight of the large brown bag Ariadne sank back into the plush chair. It looked like she was going to have to go shopping for new clothes. A smile twitched the corners of her mouth. Oh the horror... 

The small box all tied up with a pretty bow distracted Ariadne from her thoughts for a moment. Curious, she opened the box and found that she was going to be staying in Carriage D...which made sense since she hadn't had the time to make a request when she booked the trip.

I was lost for some time.
Ari's Absences and Social Thread    ||    Ari's Notes for Writing

Sir Wolfgang

Wolfgang turned and smiled at the woman before him. "I'm Wolfgang," he said with a slight bow, "And I'd be honored to share a dance with you." He stood, placing his money on the bar "One more for me after my dance, and whatever the lady orders is on me."

He extended his arm to the woman before him and smiled at her once again. "Sasha, eh?" he said, "That's a beautiful name."

Starlequin

'Quin sat very quietly in his seat, bobbing his head to the music filling his head from the mp3 player in his pocket and watching the arriving passengers. He was very much looking forward to meeting them all, but he'd always found it wise to observe people for at least a few minutes before approaching them. Or being approached, for that matter. People-watching was one of his favorite sports, and although he'd never managed to sharpen his deductive skills through it he had certainly stretched his imagination. The writer in him loved to create characters based on those he watched, and 'Quin could tell he'd almost definitely have a new notebook's worth of thoughts by the end of this trip. He debated on whether to enjoy one of the juice boxes he'd brought in his bag, or to hit the bar. After a few seconds, the juice box lost.

'Quin ambled over to the bar, carefully avoiding the dancers and knocked quietly on the counter. "Hey, mate, can I get a Scotch on the rocks?"

With a silent smile, the bartender slid him his beverage and 'Quin tipped it to him in salute. "Thanks, pal." He leaned back against the bar and sipped his drink, enjoying the smooth harmonies of the guitar lilting through the cabin.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Sasha

Quote from: Sir Wolfgang on July 22, 2010, 01:47:15 PM
Wolfgang turned and smiled at the woman before him. "I'm Wolfgang," he said with a slight bow, "And I'd be honored to share a dance with you." He stood, placing his money on the bar "One more for me after my dance, and whatever the lady orders is on me."

He extended his arm to the woman before him and smiled at her once again. "Sasha, eh?" he said, "That's a beautiful name."

Sasha smiled ...oh my another drink ...hopefully two don't make the poor woman pass out or ummm worse . The naughty evil twin always comes out with Alcohol and one must behave themselves on the E train it was in the bylaws. Well she could pace herself silly lush anyways .Leaning in ... " Why thank-you ...Sir Wolf-gang ..tell me ...do you growl in a woman's ear as well .. or purr like a kitten . " giggling as she slips her arm in his ...till they find a nice place to dance .  Leaning up into the man as the woman moved following his well guided footsteps ..enjoying the music and the atmosphere .

Giving a wink to Aiden ...as he looked up from playing ...maybe others would join in the dance . Though it did seem a few late arrivals were boarding the train . A few very sexy women too ...as Sasha took in Valerian .Returning her attention back to Wolfgang what a interesting name .  " So tell me a bit about yourself ....your dancing is divine by the way ..so good of you to indulge me in a bit of playfulness . Life is so wonderful when one makes it fun  don't you think . "   as the woman continued to move about the train car ..enjoying herself .

Pixilicious

Pixilicious stepped into the carriage and turned, looking at the passengers.  "It's nice to see that you all have settled in.  I do hope that you enjoyed the gifts provided, and that your carriage suites are to your satisfaction.  I wanted to bid everyone a good night as it has grown quite dark outside.  I hope everyone sleeps well and has the most pleasant of dreams." 

"Tomorrow morning, we shall reach our first destination, which according to the itinerary, are the breath-taking Ural Mountains.  I do hope everyone has packed something warm, as the temperatures there do tend to get a bit chilly.  The bar, and other amenities will stay open throughout the night.  Again, I wish you all a very good night."

With that, the pleasant Concierge turned, and walked back towards the front of the train for the night, intent on getting some much needed rest.

Marguerite

Grabbing her key, she nodded to the passengers in her group. "I did bring along a hookah given as a gift from the dear Eden. Much sad shi could not join us on the trip but wished all the best of luck."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Remiel

Remiel shut his laptop, packed up his newspaper, nodded amiably at the other passengers.  When he got to his carriage, he made small-talk with Kaizen, Kyrsa, and Sir Wolfgang, eager to know the details about those who he'd share a car with.