Revive our Erotic Wrestling league! ( 1-on-1 or multi )

Started by Mia Saisyu, April 30, 2007, 10:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia Saisyu

Once upon a time here, there was an EWF, erotic wrestling, using RINGS , a system developed by Xilos. Unfortunately, the game faded into nothingness. I want nothing more than for someone to revive this idea. I still have the system docs saved, so, for inspiration..^^;

http://angelic.jp/~katagiya/gallery/index.htm
http://wangels.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

I give these websites as gift offerings. Anyone up for GM-ing it?

kongming

Ooh, I approve! If you can get the system to me, I'll have a look over it and gladly revive it.

I think, running it as an open game for anyone to join, but allowing multiple characters (so that if it does end up just being one on one, there's no incident of the same two people just constantly coming up against each other), might be best.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Xerial

Dang, I came just a wee bit too late to volunteer my GM/Ref services, didn't I? I enjoyed the EWF quite a bit, and found the system to be quite a robust one, definitly worth revival. I'm on board, in whatever capacity.

Lirliel

*Smirks* Up for it all the same... never got your tail before Mia ;)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

kongming

Xerial, you're welcome to run it if you want, I'll happily play. I'm not actually fussed either way. But a group of us, awesome!
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Brittlby

I'd be interested. Where can we find a copy of the system?
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Lirliel

"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Rayve13

You know I'd be interested. I only dropped because I was dropping everything at that time. I'd be happy with the same character and/or someone new.

kongming

Nice, that's six of us interested, with two willing to GM. So, Xerial, do you want to run this one?

Ons/Offs:

Xerial

I think co-GMing could work... *nod* I've got ideas aplenty, but I can be iffy on posting time sometimes... so another hand in the running of things would be good...

kongming

Indeed, co-GMing sounds like a good idea. I also have ideas, and can post often enough (despite being lazy on occasion), so with two people putting ideas in and sharing the workload, it should run very smoothly.

Ons/Offs:

Mia Saisyu

So all that's left is for someone to start a new section and take off from there? ^^;

Xerial

Match types and a possible mechanic for "fame" are flooding through my head, they are... as for creation, I'm thinking small games doesn't do it justice, since a lot can be going on at one time... so I guess a request needs to be put in for a metathread, eh?

kongming

That'll be a good idea. I mean, we'll need space for character sheets, and for call-outs, and reposting the rules wouldn't be a bad idea, as well as perhaps a thread explaining match types, describing a few moves, and some of the various terms (if we're going to go by the traditional wrestling lingo - "selling" people's moves "carrying" someone through the match, jobbing, juicing...), as well as threads for the matches themselves...

Yeah. I think we'll need to do it that way. Should be fun.

Ons/Offs:

Xerial

I think we're definitly looking at a good re-start here... *nod* Multiple characters are still a go from my perspective, as it allows more roster flexibility, though we might want to think about some kind of restriction for what kind of matches a person can have more than one of their own character in (ex. 1 person playing a Tag Team is ok, but on person playing two participants in a four way dance is bad)...

I'm still mulling ideas for fame and championships and match types over in my head... gotta solidify some things in my head there still...

Bondage and the Like: Normal seems fitting for a catagory... I think that's where it was, eh?

kongming

Yeah, I doubt we're going to be seeing aliens and monsters in the arena (other than people with alien/monster-themed costumes, of course).

Ons/Offs:

Lirliel

As for the genders will they still be what they were, I know some males don't particularly like the idea of a Futanari/Hermaphrodite?

Also will new characters be needed to be made and will the creation process somewhat alter. We kinda figured out how to make uber characters *smirks*

Xerial

I'm going to go over the rules again, and contemplate the mechanics of things... in part that's what my thoughts of "fame" will address... try to think of it as that inexplicable crowd factor... like when the crowd was supposed to hate the Rock, but got right behind him... it's that push that is beyond mere personal charisma and can make even a mediorce person mighty, unless they abuse it... I'm going to conspire with my co-GM about things, see if characters might need to be tweaked, but I didn't really see an issue with the uber-characters, because each of them ended up with some aspect neglected, which makes for a weakness...

As for the Hermaphrodite issue, I'm inclined to leave it to a polling of the players, rather than make a hard and fast rule. I'm possessed of mixed feelings, myself. The thought of the Nurse ravaging Blue Blood was intriguing to me... but her against the White Dragon would have been right into the land of not sexy...

Also, I'm thinking of things to push the out of the ring aspect a bit more, which will play into the "fame" thing as well...

kongming

We might want to alter the character creation process. At a quick glance, I figured out how to make a pretty uber character.

I found that the WWE Know Your Role system works pretty well, except for a few problems:
1. You have to pay money for it
2. The rules are sort of generic, sort of specific, but caught in the middle there so after a few characters everything starts to feel kind of the same. I think it's because they get specific abilities and feats, but there aren't really that many of them.

So perhaps just having a tinker with the rules might be in order, using Xerial's idea of fame to help push things one way or another, maybe even having "the tables suddenly turn" rock up on occasion when a match goes too one-sided for too long. It's a case of balancing "The players all need to have fun, and have their turn being 'in control'" (plus "Winners get more photos, leaving an even bigger power gap") against "The rules are there for a reason, play it straight down the line." Then bring "How does a wrestling match normally go?" into the equation...

As for sex of participants, I think that one's up to the players - keeping in mind that matches need to be refereed, and if a GM doesn't find the pairing to be their thing, they might tend to be... lazy about it. I'm not sexually interested in guys, so would spend more attention on matches that have females present (even if it's a M/F fight, there's still the minimum number of girls present). Futanari isn't such an issue because they look mostly like girls, they just happen to have a penis, which I don't have to imagine being there. Herm depends on what sex they mostly look like.

Ons/Offs:

Xerial

I think the rules as they stand, with the addition of a few different mechanics to represent a lasting crowd push, and the rare "oops" factor should work well... after all, wrestlers are supposed to be larger than life, which the uber-wrestlers are.

I was thinking from the perspective of a wrestler myself, for refereeing I'll suck it up and call any kind of match out there...  ;D

Lirliel

I'd be willing to just Ref the Futa matches if neither of you are truly up for it. I like it so no big problems here :)

Xerial

There be much plotting going one...  ;D

Liriel, I'm a little foggy on this, but as a Siren are you able to make boards?

Mia Saisyu

I don't see the problems with futa characters in all honesty..people have on/offs lists, people will take that into consideration before challenging right? With that in mind, characters should be allowed whatever, non?

Lirliel

Quote from: Xerial on May 03, 2007, 12:37:34 AM
There be much plotting going one...  ;D

Liriel, I'm a little foggy on this, but as a Siren are you able to make boards?

There is a price... *grins* I propose you look at my sig ;)

Xerial

Seems the trend is allow any gender, and allow people to turn down challenges as they see fit, which is good by me. Just reviewing a few things, and cooking up a uni-thread to tie things together... I don't forsee any changes to the core system, as it is quite robust and well designed, but look for a few additions...

Quote from: Lirliel on May 03, 2007, 12:41:06 AM
There is a price... *grins* I propose you look at my sig ;)

Mmm... cookies... I can bring cookies... *nodnod*