News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

World of Darkness: Chicago

Started by ZK, June 22, 2006, 01:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Since my Exalted game is going underway and I'm verifying character sheets and my other game I have is more of one I don't really need to intervene with the players unless a problem or a specification needs to be added, I decided to host a World of Darkness game based in Chicago. Why? Because WoD: Chicago has not one, not two, but all three major power player Supernaturals in the city working together [and against each other]. What does that mean? Well, it means you can be either a Kindred, Uratha or an Awakened in the same city. Since the city is so vast, so detailed and rich with history, you can come from many backgrounds and supernatural bringings. Since nWoD's policy is "not all Vampires hate Werewolves that hage Mages and such" It's more of a mixed bag of treats. You can work with or work against the other supernatural, but Chicago is clearly large enough for all three to work together in dark harmony.

At any rate, I was wondering if anyone would care to play in this vast, rich city full of deciet, lust, ambition and such? I'm allowing core rules, but I do have hold of Armory, so if you have a gun you want specifically, I can check to see if it is in the book, give you the resource cost and go from there. I also own a couple other books, the only genre I'm afraid I don't have much sub-resources for [if any at all] is Mage: The Awakening. Sofar, the genre hasn't released a book that has screamed out "Buy me!" for it's importance, but I am currently looking over a few books to see if I should buy.

Now, this game will be group based with mulitple supernaturals and multiple background stories. But seeing as It's not going to be three seperate games, I'm going to have all the supernaturals work together [or against each other] amongst a series of plots that shakes up all the lives [and unlife] of these three super powers. Now, the real question is... are you up to face the windy city?

"Chicago isn't corrupt, It's Passionate, genuine, willing to do whatever it takes to be the city it wants to be..., and corrupt."

-Maxwell, Vampire Prince of Chicago-
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Swedish Steel

Sounds fun, but I still haven't read any of the new WoD books.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

RubySlippers

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOODY VAMPIRE? Is it oWoD or nWoD I don't have the latter rules.

Any limit on Clans like no True Brujah or Old Clan Tzimisce- just asking. Not I'll run anything that strange. Any non-official sources allowed like the Blisser bloodline?

ZK

It's nWoD, not oWoD. If it was oWoD it sure as hell wouldn't be a nice crossover. It'd be a lot of blood and guts. And eh, Bloodlines are not allowed at start without any real definition and I wish to keep it via book. Or, if I created a Bloodline, you could be a part of it.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Ajoxer

Awwww, I don't have much of nWoD... Remember, of course, while the White Wolf guys may get mad at you for playing the game in a way they didn't envision, they're emo nerds- What are they going to do? * joking face.* Still... Well, if I can get ahold of nWoD, I might play a Mage. So fun. ;D
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Swedish Steel

Was thinking of a Mage myself. I've played both a vampire and werewolf, but never a mage.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Brandon

Z.K. mentioned this to me last night and as I told her either an uratha or mage interested me. From what I heard this is certianly an interesting idea so hopefully we can get a good number of people to participate in the game.

Regarding the nWoD books and rules. Im certainly an advocate for everyone getting the NWoD rules. I think the games just been massively updated for the 4 exsisting groups and allows for a greater range of creativity by both storytellers and players. At the very least, they make for a very interesting read. That said, anyone that needs help figuring out the system is free to contact me at any time.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

RubySlippers

Well I'll play but need help with a character maybe starting as a mortal with real promise in some areas might be better, after all then the template can just be tacked on after some vampire has his way with her. lol

ZK

You have to start out as a supernatural at first. But the way nWoD is handled, all supernatural traits are a template added on later on after they [are Embraced, have their First Change or Awaken].

RubySlippers

Ok so she can be waking up to her first night and be like on evening old that would be fine but I'll need help and maybe some access to a quick play cheat sheet. But I did play oWoD so am interested in this one.

Rin

Oo.. I am definately interested in this. I've had a hankering for a WoD game for awhile now.
"Which means we're born to lose?"
"It just means we have to live to win."

ZK

We need some more players! Anyone interested? ^.^

Xerial

I haven't played WoD in ages... but I've got an old concept I might be able to cobble together if'n I can get ahold of the resources. Would be a Vampire college student... I know, it sounds odd, but I had it worked out before, can work it out again...

Ajoxer

I've got ahold of the books, and I looks to be playing a Mage, if they haven't changed TOO much...
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Nalla

You can count me in as well.  I haven't played any WoD stuff in such a long time.  I've had a chance to look through all four core books, and I'd probably play a werewolf, mage, or maybe a blood doll/thrall for one of the vamps in the game.

Ajoxer

You know, reading through it, it's sort of like an entirely different system- So much of the basics are so different, that it's less a different edition, more a different game. Heh, neat.

Ajoxer

The Mage book PDF is giving me trouble- It claims there are no pages. Anyone able to give some help? If I can't figure it out, I'll probably play a vampire.

RubySlippers

Well I was thinking of a character and thought as a mortal part go for ex-military, Army Intelligence with a knack for networking so has her own intelligence network in the city. Sort of a high end broker for information, investigation and hiring third party detectives for parties not wanting to be noticed. She would be disciplined, well-educated (West Point and a PhD in Political Science), mannered well,  bit ruthless and out of the closet lesbian. Age lets see 50 years old with West Point, 30 Years in Service and retired on a full pension.

So what faction and clans would people recommend?

Ajoxer

Hmmmm... Brujah, Ventrue, Nosferatu, or possibly Toreador, though Brujah are a bit chaotic for that, Nosferatu might be a tad dangerous for the party going, and Toreadors are a bit artsy.

This is just from my knowledge of oWoD, to warn you.

ZK

Brujahs no longer exist. There is a Bloodline called "Bruja" but they're a Bloodline of the Gangrel and eh, they're only in the Southwest California region. Toreador is a Bloodline as well, for the Daeva.

The Clans are Daeva, Gangrel, Mekhet, Nosferatu and Ventrue.

As well Nalla, I want people to play as a supernatural, not as a pet of one.

Ajoxer

So, presumably there are a number of bloodlines?

It's all so different...

ZK

Bloodlines are usually aquired through being embraced by them or accepted into them.

RubySlippers

There are apparently clans and factions (like political cabals) so both are important.

ZK

Well, seeing as Chicago is a predominantely Invictus and Lancea Sanctum ruled city, the next powers would be Ordo Dracul, Carthian Movement, Circle of the Crone, Unbound, Belail's Brood and VII.

That's the number of Covenant power in Chicago...and yes, both Belail's Brood and VII are in it.

And yes...for those still curious, Kindred can have sex and enjoy it too. Get off to it also. Just, that' it's a physical thing and no emotional thing. So, it's a selfish kind of [getting myself off] kind of thing. Although the Kindred may "want" to get their partner off. Sex is used between even Kindred to gain information, it's a well played tactic of the Invictus, although, as a Kindred degenerates with age, frenzy or whatever inhuman horror, their tastes become jaded and obscured. Kindred elders who still enjoy going through the act of sex...tend to do BDSM [Heavy, Medium styles, rarely Light] for example.

RubySlippers

I found a nice list with the archetypes used for each clan to get a general idea if it accurate:

Daeva: Vampire as sexual predator
Gangrel: Vampire as predatory hunter
Mekhet: Vampire as shadowy lorekeeper
Nosferatu: Vampire as monstrous skulker
Ventrue: Vampire as aristocratic lord.

So for me if I go for the individual agent as in no network, attractive, charismatic and ambitious but with a good education and military indoctrination so is presentable Daeva or Ventrue are most likely.

If a power broker behind the scenes shadowy manipulator Mekhet or Ventrue are most likely. Seeing the rules a bot I will go for the first option a highly trained ex-Army Intelligence officer maybe a very attractive upper 30's having 20 years in for a half-pension plus her savings.

So I will go with a Daeva.

As for Covenant forgeting the nutballs like Belial's Blood she might be a vampire but is not a monster- with great power comes responsibility after all. Invictus (ok she respects power, is ambitious and is willing to submit her will to a superior they would LOVE her), Lancea Sanctum (ok there again morale and having years of service to a good cause they again might love her), Ordo Dracul (educated and skilled, fresh modern blood- ok they are a good choice), Carthian Movement (she's young, ambitious and talented in modern areas and they seem to take anyone), Circle of the Crone (too religious and old worldly), Unbound and the remaining are just not a good fit she is not evil enough in one case and in other cases just not a good fit).

So looks to me Daeva
Bloodline- Any Ideas?
Covenant will be Invictus (she is used to waiting to advance in the military, follows orders but in her case might refuse but not likely unless her unlife is at risk and is properly mannered but with modern skills and talents- seems to me a nice fit)

And there can be worst things than being an attractive and talented vampire attached to the ruling covenant even if young.

Virtue: any ideas if I can make one up it might be Loyalty (as in is loyal to those in command and to friends- a rare vampire trait) but any ideas here?
Vice: Lust (ok is a Daeva that blood is going to have some side effects)

Concept: Trained Operative

I will need help on attributes and skills but this is a good start I hope.