Favorite Movie Quote?

Started by BlueCitrusSky, February 11, 2012, 02:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

"I confess that as a young girl I loved a man who would not marry me for want of a dowry. I confess I had a mother who taught me a different way of life, one I resisted at first but learned to embrace. I confess I became a courtesan, traded yearning for power, welcomed many rather than be owned by one. I confess I embraced a whore's freedom over a wife's obedience. I confess I find more ecstacy in passion than in prayer. Such passion is prayer. I confess I pray still to feel the touch of my lover's lips. His hands upon me, his arms enfolding me... Such surrender has been mine. I confess I pray still to be filled and enflamed. To melt into the dream of us, beyond this troubled place, to where we are not even ourselves. To know that always, this is mine. If this had not been mine-if I had lived any other way-a child to her husband's will, my soul hardened from lack of touch and lack of love... I confess such endless days and nights would be a punishment far greater than you could ever mete out. You, all of you, you who hunger so for what I give yet cannot bear to see that kind of power in a woman. You call God's greatest gift-ourselves, our yearning, our need to love-you call it filth and sin and heresy... I repent there was no other way open to me. I do not repent my life."
~ Veronica Franco, Dangerous Beauty

"In order to choose your lovers wisely, you need to understand men. No matter their shape or size... position or wealth... they all dream of the temptress. The irresistible... unapproachable Venus... who quickly turns pliable maiden when they've had a hard day."
~ Paola Franco, Dangerous Beauty

cptBacon

Basically the entire Alec Baldwin speech from Glengarry Glen Ross {NSFW language}

"Put that coffee down. Coffee's for closers only."

I find it very motivating.
A super detailed introduction to me:
O/O

My current stories:
The Art of Seduction | Grey Skies
Along for the Ride | She Let Herself Go

Vergil Tanner

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this scene yet! :O :O :O

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Kendle

Hm... Vergil Tanner, I think that the whole Princess Bride movie is extremely quotable. I call for most of Spaceballs (well any Mel Brooks movie to be honest), the Star Wars original trilogy, Indiana Jones and whichever Adventure or Relic he's on or after, Firefly the Series, Serenity the Big Damn Movie, Mystery Men, and Big Trouble in Little China. But definitely not limited to them... just the ones that I can't ever stop quoting.

"I will fork-give you, if you fork-get."  The Blue Raja from Mystery Men

You must see this movie... it is one of my guilty pleasures. :)

Dovel

There are no words to quote, only a first kiss to be witness to.
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Vergil Tanner

No arguments here, Kendle! I was debating whether to use Spaceballs for my next entry on this list, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to go for one or two more "obvious" ones before I do that:

www.youtube.com/embed/d5TiaQeuNO0?rel=0

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Twisted Crow

Maude: "You can imagine what comes next."
Dude:   "He fixes the plumbing?"
Maude: "Don't be facetious Jeffrey."

-The Big Lebowski

Kendle

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 17, 2014, 03:08:33 PM
No arguments here, Kendle! I was debating whether to use Spaceballs for my next entry on this list, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to go for one or two more "obvious" ones before I do that:

www.youtube.com/embed/d5TiaQeuNO0?rel=0

A classic, of course. "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Mandy Patinkin came to perform in Toronto and he said that line in front of the crowd and got a standing ovation. :) Gotta love fan appreciation.

And I'm going with Mystery Men:

Maybe you should put some shorts on or something, if you want to keep fighting evil today.

Vergil Tanner

I can imagine, haha! It's a cult classic line. And one more obvious one from Princess Bride:

www.youtube.com/embed/IoSHmVkjmuA?rel=0

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Vergil Tanner

Is Samuel L Jackson gonna have to choke a bitch? :P :P

www.youtube.com/embed/PNcDI_uBGUo?rel=0

Many a gif has been made of that. XD

Kitsunetsuki

My all time favourite ;D
Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet! - Mr. Wolf
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Beguile's Mistress

Tom Hanks about his son in "Sleepless in Seattle"

Hanks:  He's eight.
Woman:  He's good at it.

Zuleika

Stendarr

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Autumn52

Alien (1986)

Ripley to the Alien Queen: Get away from her, you *bitch!* (her is Newt, the little girl)
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Never

The Vampire Diaries;

Elena: "Why don't you let people see the good in you?"
Damon: "Because when people see good, they expect good. And I don't want to have to live up to anyone's expectations."

:-* :-*

ClosetFreak

I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. . . And I'm all out of bubble gum.
Rowdy Roddy Piper - They Live

esielle

"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave."
-Jareth the Goblin King, Labyrinth

Got a secret
Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save
Better lock it in your pocket,
Taking this one to the grave

danielbook

Hey Sully, you know how I said I'd kill you last?  I lied

-Arnold in Commando

SheerFantasia

Quote from: danielbook on August 24, 2014, 05:20:36 PM
Hey Sully, you know how I said I'd kill you last?  I lied

-Arnold in Commando
"Let off some steam Bennett!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger  ;D

"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony (Vinnie Jones; Snatch)

Ragnarök

"Beneath thos mask, there's more than flesh, Mr Creedy. Beneath this mask, there's an idea. And I deas are bulletproof."
V, 'V for Vendetta'.

Also:

"It's about sending a message: Everything burns!"
The Joker, 'The Dark Knight'.

And:

"This town needs an enema!"
The Joker, 'Batman' (Jack Nicholson as the Joker).

Vergil Tanner

Because Serenity

www.youtube.com/embed/G1IMM5XOwaM