mark of the beast?

Started by lindorable, March 21, 2013, 03:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avis habilis

Quote from: lindorable on March 22, 2013, 06:35:31 AM
But what about the one world government that they've been working on for years? Or the concentration camps?

In secret, apparently, since I haven't heard so much as a syllable about it in the entire time I've been alive.

Ephiral

Quote from: lindorable on March 22, 2013, 04:54:00 AM
Oniya, I totally understand where you are coming from, but another thing to consider, is that the bible states that  you cannot predict the exact time or day that the world is going to end. There actually have been A LOT of event that were predicted in the bible that have taken place. Have you ever heard of the 9 harbingers? http://www.cbn.com/700club/guests/bios/jonathan_Cahn_010312.aspx
Really? The bible has gotten a statistically significant number of "prophecies" right? Citation sorely needed. As for the link you provided: Their entire argument hinges on how Isaiah 9:10 is obviously directly connected to 9/11.

Quote from: Isaiah 9:10“The bricks have fallen down,
    but we will rebuild with dressed stone;
the fig trees have been felled,
    but we will replace them with cedars.”

Obviously about the collapse of steel-and-glass buildings which are not being rebuilt, with neither fig trees nor cedars anywhere near them. Consider me unconvinced. It then goes on to build a whole raft of assumed "harbingers", warning signs of judgement that it claims are founded on this passage but, you'll notice, not actually found within it. Oh, and then there's the part where, even if you take all of this as true and acceptable, according to them the entire thing was fulfilled eight and a half years ago (and completely out of the order they provide).

Quote from: lindorable on March 22, 2013, 05:35:21 AM
That is very true. All of our androids, I phones, Ipads, tablets, etc., all have GPS, but with the chip they can do everything that our smartphones can do, plus some. I definitely think it's going to happen eventually, maybe not this month or next but sometime.
Tell you what: I'll make you a bet, renewing every year: We'll each wager $5000, to be donated to the charity of the winner's choice. I'm betting that your evil-conspiracy-chips will completely fail to materialize; you obviously take the opposite position. Sound fair?

Quote from: lindorable on March 22, 2013, 05:47:55 AM
Well, the way they do it is by injecting it into yourhand witha needle. I saw it on a video. After its injected, you don't even notice it there unless you play with it.
Let's see that video. I do hope it's not another example of a glucose monitor; that would be terribly embarrassing.

Well, I'm from a small town in Idaho so I'm not as caught up as most people, I guess that would make sense. But what about the one world government that they've been working on for years? Or the concentration camps?
Those books have existed for 38 years. There's not being caught up, and there's being actively misled. As for the other items: I don't suppose you have evidence for them? Actual things happening in the real world that clearly point toward them, not conspiracy theorist rants or vague Biblical passages?

Quote from: Avis habilis on March 22, 2013, 07:53:38 AM
In secret, apparently, since I haven't heard so much as a syllable about it in the entire time I've been alive.
That's because you haven't been reading the right conspiracy theorists freedom fighters.

Caehlim

Well, I'm from a small town in Idaho so I'm not as caught up as most people

But you have the internet and therefore access to the largest source of information and captioned cats in the modern world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

Just make sure you learn to fact check when searching the internet.

http://www.vikitech.com/454/get-your-facts-right-6-fact-checking-websites-that-help-you-know-the-truth

Markham Nolan: How to separate fact and fiction online
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

TaintedAndDelish

@Lindorable, I wasn't really sure if you were %100 serious about this conspiracy thing or if it was more of a playful topic. If you were serious, then I would suggest questioning the validity of very radical notions - such as huge conspiracy theories. By questioning the validity, I mean challenge the person who is saying/teaching these things and see if you can falsify what they are saying before you accept it as truth. If the speaker is saying things that cannot be validated, that are illogical, or that by design cannot be disproved*, then they are probably full of crap.

The more you learn to spot these inconsistencies, the easier it gets.

One of the biggest give-aways is the bold revelation of these "secrets".
Secrets are not common knowledge ;)  So when you see Joe Buttcrack on youtube claiming that there are swaths of cultists from a super secret cult wandering around and preparing for our enslavement, you have to ask the question "If its a secret, then how does he know this? And Why aren't people shutting him up?!"

*Disproved isn't the best word. What I mean here is that if someone's assertion cannot be validated by nature. An example would be that the great and powerful flying spaghetti monster is planning our demise. You can't see or perceive him because of his awesomeness ( therefore you can't disprove this either ).

Trieste

It appears that someone on Yahoo already had their question answered. Clicky. Fair warning, though - I think I lost IQ points reading the detailed analysis. ;)

Oniya

I skipped the detailed analysis and went straight for the Snopes.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Trieste

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

lindorable

Ok, there's no reason to be rude. It's not necessarily that I believe it, more or less just questioning and pondering. Sorry that I'm too dumb for you guys. It's not like I have the time to research deeply into anything.
▀██▀───☆´ (¸✲•.¸.•´ ✰•*`*•.
─██╔╗╗╔▀██▀▀█(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
─██╚╝╚╝─██▀.......*• ¸.•*☆ *♥
▄██▄▄█─▄██▄▄█ ✿•*´¯`✿✿•✿˜¨¨♥

Sabby

I can't see anyone being rude to you :/ Unless I missed a post or didn't read a lengthy one close enough.

Pumpkin Seeds

There is a tone to the posts and such.  Though if posting in this particular area of Elliquiy a thicker skin is required lindorable.  Not that people are necessarily trying to be rude or mean, but people sort of come here with an expectation for the back and forth.  If not used to this sort of conversation I can easily see how the wording of some posts can be antagonistic and condescending. 

Neysha

Quote from: Oniya on March 21, 2013, 07:51:38 AM
Considering the events of the past year, I think we could say that it's been consistently wrong.  How many raptures did we have in 2012 alone?  And then the whole Mayan Apocalypse thing...

I got raptured last year.

They sent me back.

Naked.  :-(
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Healergirl

As to the tone of the discussion?

The forum is titled "Politics, Religion and Other Controversies."

Which pretty much says it all.    If you don't have a thick skin and are not  prepared to defend your position, don't post here.

This is not an endorsement of rudeness, by any means.

However.

It can be taken for granted that anybody contributing to an argument in this thread has a certain level of investment in their position.  Even polite counterarguments can get under one's skin when certain topics are in play - the list of hot button subjects is different for everyone of course.

In short, if you are not prepared to defend your statements, don't make those statements here.

RubySlippers

This is offensive? Lets see we have now in practice -

1. Universal use of the social security number as ID.

2. The Real ID a de facto National ID Card

3. A growing database of information accessible by government and private parties.

4. Laws requiring of reporting of major money order purchases at the post office ($3000 or more), laws saying if you have $300 cash it can be taken as evidence of drug dealing (at the discretion of the officers I suppose).

5. The Patriot Act

6. Other accesses to these and other sources of information.

And your concerned about a chip we have the Mark of the Beast sort of now if one looks at it objectively. And so called smaller government Conservatives don't fight this the biggest intrusion of government you can have.

DarklingAlice

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 27, 2013, 03:51:50 PM
4. Laws requiring of reporting of major money order purchases at the post office ($3000 or more), laws saying if you have $300 cash it can be taken as evidence of drug dealing (at the discretion of the officers I suppose).

On the subject of cyberpunk futures, I'm actually always surprised that we haven't yet moved to the point where hard currency is illegal. Not that I think it would be a particularly good or bad thing, just that we've been moving that direction for a while, but slower than I anticipated.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Healergirl

Darkling Alice,

I suspect the reason is simply that  the underground economy is a cash economy, and since not even the IRS seems certain just how big a chunk of the total economic activity in the USA is generated by the underground, there  is a strong reluctance  on the part of  The (Smarter) Powers That Be to take an action that might be considered shooting oneself in the foot.

Ephiral

Quote from: DarklingAlice on March 29, 2013, 09:45:27 AM
On the subject of cyberpunk futures, I'm actually always surprised that we haven't yet moved to the point where hard currency is illegal. Not that I think it would be a particularly good or bad thing, just that we've been moving that direction for a while, but slower than I anticipated.
I'm just disappointed that we're well on the way to corporate-ruled dystopia, but I can't pop into an outpatient clinic for new eyes.

DarklingAlice

Quote from: Ephiral on March 29, 2013, 11:02:33 AM
I'm just disappointed that we're well on the way to corporate-ruled dystopia, but I can't pop into an outpatient clinic for new eyes.

That was never an outpatient procedure...most GMs just didn't roll for recovery time like they should cause who wants their elite team of mercenaries sitting around the hospital like blind mice?
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Trieste

Could make it a not-a-patient procedure like in Minority Report...

Ephiral

Bah, whatever. I just want my chrome.  :-(

Oniya

I want my decker kit.  And my pointed ears.

Trieste

Normally I would use the google machine but I'm limited by phonage. What is a decker kit? Like, some sort of brass knuckle implant? (I.e 'decking' someone)

Oniya

Deckers are the ones that can plug directly into the Internet and run around in it.

Ephiral

And get their brains fried by it. That's where I wanted to be initially, but... lately I've been kinda enamored with the idea of just how ridiculously awesome the level of information, processing, and cross-referencing available in such a setting would be. Without the brain-cooking side effects.

Now, a decker best friend, that I can get behind.

Cthonig

Quote from: DarklingAlice on March 29, 2013, 11:12:34 AM
That was never an outpatient procedure...most GMs just didn't roll for recovery time like they should cause who wants their elite team of mercenaries sitting around the hospital like blind mice?
That would be an interesting scenario: you're all laying around recovering from eye surgery when a team arrives to steal the facility's equipment and supplies – while you are currently blind, what do you do to stop them since you personally need the facility to remain functional?

Quote from: TaintedAndDelish on March 21, 2013, 10:10:20 PM
Funny, at first I thought that image was some sort of geeky vibrator.  ::) 
LOL. It does look a bit phallic.

Quote from: TaintedAndDelish on March 21, 2013, 10:10:20 PM
Would you do it if your religious organization insisted that all members do it?
This is extremely possible due to most religions having damaged their believer's critical thinking . But many religions are also anti-science/anti-technology bringing the likelihood down.

Several people pointed out the various factors of reduced privacy and rights in America but that just points to it becoming a possibility in the USA. World-wide? Not likely anytime soon.

Continuing on to lindorable's one-world NWO. Lindorable, have you really looked at the world today? The world is in such conflict and so divided that it will be decades before such a thing would even be remotely possible.
   As for the persecuted Christian thing – that's more bogus than the NWO idea. You have been sold a story that makes you feel good. The reality is that fundamentalists and evangelicals have been guiding other Christians on an anti-science/anti-technology crusade in America. The most likely people to end up in the concentration camps are the non-Christians with the Christians running them. Look at the repeated attempts to make Christian mores into law in opposition to the Constitution.
   Freedom of religion requires freedom from other people's religion.