Fictional Earth 019346: Seeds of the Apocalypse (DC/Marvel) [Recruitment]

Started by TheBlackThrone, May 25, 2018, 06:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

Co-GM(s): Sun Wukong (Open to more co-Gms)
Send all CSes, Ideas, and Concepts to both me and Sun Wukong for review.

No one really remembers how this world came to be, but people cling to various beliefs. It is our nature after all. We invent a religion in order to understand things we don’t understand. However, on Apocalypse, there is very little to misunderstand. There are four gods: Apocalypse, Darkseid, Doom, and Braniac. These gods rule our planet and they are the reason why things are as they are. Together, they are called The Four; and their sole purpose is to destroy each other. You either follow them or you don’t, and if you choose to worship no one, then the safest thing for you to do is to drift and tell no one.

There is a fifth religion that I forgot to mention: The Cult of Thanos. The cult believes that Thanos was the true god who created this universe. They are a secret sect with most of their followers still seemingly worshiping the Four, but they are united in their truths. Thanos doesn’t exist. At least not like the Four so their cult is a load of baloney. Look, if you want to survive here, then just pick a side or drift. Whatever you choose to do, no matter what, this Earth will always be the same. It is a Hell disguised as a paradise depending on who you serve. I’m a realist. I see it for what it is. Now piss off.

—A Drifter’s Tale

Welcome. This is a Marvel/DC crossover game which takes place in a post-apocalyptic fictional future. This game is intended to be sandbox, and so I would like to have only gifted and creative writers eager to contribute to the overall story in this game. If you are coming to this game seeking smut, this is not a smut-centric game. While adult themes exist, they are not as prominent as you would find in a smut-centered game. This game will be mostly story and any sexual relationships will follow as deemed natural by character interactions. If you are here to contribute to the game’s story, then great. Read on.

The Four I selected for this game could have been anyone; but for this game, I have chosen the four mentioned above. This game is going to be a big mystery, adventure, and super hero game. The characters are trying to survive in this chaotic world. There isn’t a Justice League, Avengers, SHIELD, etc. However, they can be created. Leaders are going to be decided in game by characters. Characters are also free to not follow any leader and go without a group. There is no obligation. Characters can choose to follow one of the Four or choose to be involved in a resistance to right the world in what they deem is right.

Just remember, if your character chooses to worship no one, then they are a Drifter and live a life of mistrust. These characters are constantly on the move because trouble surrounds those unaligned.

As the GM, my role is to solely make sure no one is bringing an omnipotent or God-like being to this game. Let’s sit down and think about it together. If you send me a character concept asking to play a crazy-powerful character who could easily overthrow the Four by him or herself, do you really think I am going to accept it? No. I won’t. Also as a GM, I do not allow drama in this game. If I even suspect that you are a confrontational person, then I will not accept you. My players and I will not want to put up with you. Everyone is coming to this game to have a good time. If you cannot do this without arguing, then this game is not for you. I do not accept everyone.

Last but not least, All Character Sheets, Concept Ideas, and Reservations will be messaged to me and Sun Wukong. A big part of this game is you will not be revealing who your character is unless he or she naturally is revealed in game.

Yes, you read it. There will not be a Character Thread unless some characters become identified. I will go into further detail about characters in the Character Section. I am just saying this now to catch those writers who get over-excited and just post a response to this game. Do not reveal who your character is. It is to add to the mystery-feel of this game and really, your characters wouldn’t know each other until they got to know each other in game.

Welcome to the Amalgam Universe. Your characters are free to have had post-apocalyptic parents from either the DC or Marvel universe. Just remember that all character sheets, ideas, and concepts will be PMed to me and Sun Wukong so that the character’s identity is not given away before they are identified in game. This is a mystery game.

Setting
Game Date: September 5046
In the Apocalypse setting, normal humans still exist. Not everyone will be super-powered. The entire planet is a wasteland except for the regions governed by the Four. However, each Horseman has their kingdom securely guarded. They protect their worshipers and only their worshipers are allowed in. You will see a deeper explanation in the IC thread. The IC thread will present the map of the world.

With this in mind, those beings existing outside the kingdoms, live in poverty. They are struggling to survive against wasteland mutants, monsters, cannibals, cyborgs, and all sorts of other crazy. They reside in small communities and can recognize strangers easily. Your character can be living in one of these communities. You will have that option to give them a home town and an occupation.

The technology of this game is futuristic within the Four-controlled kingdoms; but outside, there may be some weapon scraps some of the wasteland gangs and cults might have gotten their hands on. There may even be some hidden gems. Weaponsmiths who can create amazing tech. They will live in secret for if anyone found out about their existence, then they would be persecuted.

I hope that I was able to give you somewhat of an idea. Please refer to the CS below as a guide. Be sure to mention in the CS your character's face claim if you decide to use one. Pictures are not required. You can also use digital art for inspiration. Any art for inspiration actually.[/font]

Character Sheet & Guide
[b]Alias:[/b] Your character’s super hero, anti-hero, anti-villain, or villain name.
[b]Age:[/b] Their age. No one should be 100 years old.
[b]Birthdate:[/b] We’re still using our calendar. The present date is September 5046.
[b]Current Residence:[/b] State the name of the fictional town or village your character lives in. If they don’t reside in a permanent place, then write “Drifter,” “Nomad,” or “Vagabond.” If you want them to live in one of the Four Kingdoms, then ask the GM for the name.
[b]Birthplace:[/b] Where were they born? Again, this is up to your imagination. They could have been born in an actual place or even in a lab somewhere.
[b]Hometown:[/b] Whatever town you create will become an actual town. Your character may have history here, and if so, provide a name. They may return.
[b]Allegiance:[/b] Which of the Four? Or maybe they’re a follower of Thanos. If neither, put “Drifter.”
[b]Occupation:[/b] Everyone has a job if they wish to survive: Scavenger, Barmaid, Sheriff, Bounty Hunter, Lawman, Outlaw, Thief, Gang Leader, etc. Whatever you imagine for your character. Even common man jobs are good.

[b]Gender:[/b] Male, Female, Agender
[b]Race:[/b] Superhuman, Mutant, Cyborg, Android, etc.
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair:[/b] Color, texture, appearance.
[b]Eyes:[/b] Color, distinguishing features…
[b]Complexion:[/b] Skin complexion. Creamy, pale, tan, bronze, red, orange, purple, etc.
[b]Overall Appearance:[/b] Describe their appearance to include tattoos, horns, spikes, fangs, scars, tattoos, fur, etc.

[b]Likes:[/b] What do they like? Not sexual.
[b]Dislikes:[/b] What do they dislike? Not sexual.
[b]Personal Goals:[/b] What are they hoping to achieve? What they searching for? What is their purpose?
[b]Psychological Condition:[/b] Do they have PTSD? Suffer from night terrors or nightmares? ADHD? OCD? Paranoia.

[b]Relationship Status:[/b] Single, Married, Single Mother/Father, Widow, Widower
[b]Family:[/b] This is where you list who their parents were and anyone else they may be related to.
[b]Friends:[/b] Other players will be listed here.
[b]Acquaintances:[/b] Not technically friends nor enemies, other players or NPCs will be listed here.
[b]Rivals:[/b] People who rival your character’s strength but only people who your character considers to be their rival. Other players and NPCs can go here.
[b]Enemies:[/b] Other players as well as GM NPCs will be listed here.

[center][b]Weapons & Gear[/b][/center]

[b]Weapon Name[/b]
Description:
Quantity:
Magazine Capacity: If applicable. Weapon could be a sword or something. Use this for each weapon your character owns.
Power Source: If an energy or magical weapon.
Weaponsmith: Who made it? This can be a NPC. If it wasn’t made but given or passed down, then mention it.

[b]Armor or Clothing[/b]
Description:  This may actually be armor or it may actually be just what your character wears.
Special Features: If armor, then it may perform more functions than just clothe you. Describe here.
Power Source: If the armor is energy or magical in nature.
Armorsmith: Who made it? This can be a NPC. If it wasn’t made but given or passed down, then mention it.

[b]Powers:[/b] I won’t be putting a quantity limit to powers. I want to see what you intend for your character to have. Just remember, if it is ridiculously god-like, it will be denied outright. Do not be surprised if I deny it.

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] I am going to make sure that weaknesses are put here if you don’t. So please put decent weaknesses here for your character.

I just gave you a very basic outline. You can use these websites to help you design it the way you would like. If you’re not good at designing a CS, then look at your fellow RPers and ask them to help you rather than copy their formats. There is 1001fonts.com for cool font headers and you can Google “HMTL Color Codes” to find colors not provided on this site. You can use those color codes this way: [color=#000000]Black[/color]

Now you might have noticed that I didn’t write a “Personality” or “Back Story” section. I am leaving that information as optional for not everyone knows right away what kind of personality their character will have until they start playing him or her. Some writers enjoy creating the backstory as they write the story. It makes for a more interesting character at times rather than one forced to follow a script. Experiment!

1. Activity. You will be required to post once a week. Once every 7 days. If a player is not active for 14 days, then they will receive a PM. If a player is inactive for 30 days, then he or she will be dropped from the game.
2. Communication. College; Work; Vacation; Life; whatever leads you away for days, weeks, and months, please let the GM know so I can accommodate your absence. Just because you are leaving for a lengthy period does not mean you are not allowed back into the game. This will be a big open-world game. Returning will be easy. I will just make a reminder note in the OOC, allowing me and your fellow writers notice of your Absence or Away period.
3. No Drama. This is the most violated rule. You create drama by arguing. You create drama through passive aggression. If you do either, you will not be allowed in this game. Whatever issue you are having with another player, you can either bring it to my attention and I will address it for you. Or bring it to the moderator’s attention if it is that severe. You can include me in any story-related discussions you have with other players if you want me to just “spectate.” I do not mind. If I see I am included in a PM discussion, I will silently read unless you both desire my feedback. I do not mind.
4. Patience. This will be a big game. There will be a lot of players and so I may get a ton of CSes. Please do not get impatient with me and start blowing up my PMs with: “Did you read it?” Be patient. If two weeks go by and you still haven’t received a response from me, THEN send me an alert. It might have been swallowed.
5. No God-like/Omnipotent Characters. They are an automatic denial.
6. Choosing the same parents. I will allow this. You won’t even know if it happens. Your character could possibly end up related to another character either biologically, half, step, cousin, etc. You won’t know this until they learn this in game. Aren’t mysteries fun?
7. Sex. Put a spoiler labelled “NSFW” around all scenes where the clothes come off and the sexy parts come out. Please do this. Do this for all pictures you even post that may be promiscuous in nature. People may not actually be at work viewing it (at least I hope not) but not everyone can control who is peeking over their shoulder. We also do not want to interrupt the flow of the game.
8. Character Identity. Do not reveal it. Just do not. It will spoil the mystery and one of the interesting features of this game. The Character Thread is going to be locked until characters gradually become identified in game. Your characters are strangers until they get to know each other.
9. GM Characters. I can tell you right now that the Four and some of their unmentioned lackeys will be GM characters. If you want a child of either, PM me and Sun. If you think you may have made a child of a GM character, again, PM me or Sun. I will let you know. I have an idea of a set group of villains that will be under the Four.
10. PVP. If you don’t know how to properly PVP, then do not get frustrated. It is very easy. However, if you and another writer can talk out a fight scene and already have the conclusion planned before you engage, then that is even better. Blind fighting is not difficult and if you’re not sure how, then please let me know. I can easily teach you. The rule of thumb is to write your actions as “attempts” or “intentions” and do not complete the action. The other writer must be allowed to react.
11. No Character Control/Metagame. The only one allowed to auto-hit a character are the GMs (this does not go for any player characters we create just GM NPCs), and it will be either for plot reasons or because someone thought they were invincible and wanted to dodge every single thing thrown at him or her. You are not allowed to metagame. Therefore, another reason why the CS thread is locked. You will not know what the other character can and cannot do. I will know, but you won’t until they’re no longer strangers. If your character did not prepare for an attack beforehand, and they are attacked, then they are attacked. You cannot go back and say, “I would have prepared if I had known you were going to attack me.” That is not how the real world works and that is not how this world works. Trying to go back or even anticipate it through spying on another person’s CS or just by some ability your character doesn’t even have, is a no-go. That is meta-gaming. It is not allowed. So be prepared and be cautious when the time is right.
12. Have Fun. There are a lot of rules. I know. This game can’t run without them. Contribute to the game’s story and have fun.

Q: Can the parents be Amalgams?

A: No. Only the offspring are. All characters are born from non-Amalgam parents and they can be: HeroxHero, HeroxVillain, or VillainxVillain. Also, you can either choose to RP an Amalgam or your own spin of a canon character or archetype.

Q: If a realm that my character or their parents would have originated from were captured or subjugated, does that mean I cannot play them?

A: You can still use character concepts from a captured or subjugated realm. Such drama would just add to their back story concept.

This will be where good questions and answers will go.

Game Information on the World

Tachyon
Latveria
Apokolips
Aaru
The Wasteland

1. Player Interest

noodleboom
persephone325

2. Submitted Character

This section will not reveal the character's name. The interested player's name will only move from point 1 to point 2.

3. Character Approved

Brittlby
Captain Whitebread

This section will not reveal the character's name. The interested player's name will only move from point 2 to finally point 3.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Totoro

Will be stepping in as a Co-GM, looking forward to getting this up and running.

Phaia

I hope you get responses to this. It looks interesting. I am considering ideas. Normally I try to avoid supers because of the over played characters. This though sounds different.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Phaia on May 25, 2018, 03:28:27 PM
I hope you get responses to this. It looks interesting. I am considering ideas. Normally I try to avoid supers because of the over played characters. This though sounds different.

Thank you for your possible interest. We're going to be making sure no character is crazy over-powered. I know how too many God-like characters (and I don't mean "god-like" but "God-like") can kill a game's mood. I see it happen too many times.  :-)
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

So Sun Wukong and I got excited and mapped out some Game Information in the World Building thread. All prospective writers refer to the links under "Game Information on the World." Read those posts to help you get a better understanding of the world and you will even see where the game will start for there's a map. As usual, if you have any questions, feel free to ask us. We'll get around to answer them when we can.  ;)
The gates are open

Norsegod1839

I'll throw my tentative interest in as well Black! If you'll have me of course. I am still going through all the information that you posted.

Brittlby

Looking forward to it! (Posting to receive updates on the thread. lol)
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

TheBlackThrone

I'll be working on Old NY next. That will be the main IC and setting for the initial portion of our story. You're also good to go. I'll update the OP lol.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

OCs are no longer allowed in this game. Note: OCs are not to be confused with reworked canon characters, Amalgams, or putting your spin on a Canon archetype. By this game's definition, OCs are those characters that can fit in usually more than one archetype and would be considered unique to the Marvel or DC universe.

If you are interested in this game, have a desire to write with others. We will not be accepting people who want to write a fan fiction and interact with no one. It defeats the purpose of a group game. So please when you apply have somewhat of a desire to interact with others. Also, avoid characters with goals where you are hoping for them to be the sole main character and everyone else must revolve around them and their journey. We are all writing this together and will go on different journeys together. I do not expect our starting group to travel together through the whole game. If they do, great. If not, as long as a writer has at least one other writer writing with them, then I don't see a problem. I just do not want to see someone writing by themselves with no intention of writing with others.
The gates are open