Interest Check: Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Tal Dorei Adventure

Started by JessLowell12, October 08, 2018, 09:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Hey, multiple mages isn't a bad thing. What use do we have for defense if all of our enemies are dead before they get into stabbing range?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Vergil1989

A gunslinger that might multi-class a little into Warlock, I haven't decided yet.  I AM using a picture of Emily Kaldwin from Dishonored 2 after all lol.

I still have a rapier for close encounters, and we can always use more fighters and rangers you know.  :P
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

keyotess

Quote from: Angie on October 11, 2018, 12:58:43 AM
Hey, multiple mages isn't a bad thing. What use do we have for defense if all of our enemies are dead before they get into stabbing range?

Hehe...true, but we could also use someone who can find and disarm traps, sneak into places...etc. :)   And a Ranger to make travel easier. :)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Angie

Quote from: keyotess on October 11, 2018, 01:00:18 AM
Hehe...true, but we could also use someone who can find and disarm traps, sneak into places...etc. :)

You mean the trap handler ISN'T the guy with the most HP at the time?!

keyotess

By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

Vergil1989

Speaking of HP, but if you rolled a 1 in figuring out your maximum, unless Jess says otherwise despite a PM exchange between us earlier today, you should be able to reroll any of your 1s for a better total.  Hopefully she'll make that official when she gets in tomorrow.

Lol but yeah, let's not have our tanks disarm the traps with their faces please.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Angie

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 11, 2018, 01:14:00 AM
Speaking of HP, but if you rolled a 1 in figuring out your maximum, unless Jess says otherwise despite a PM exchange between us earlier today, you should be able to reroll any of your 1s for a better total.  Hopefully she'll make that official when she gets in tomorrow.

Lol but yeah, let's not have our tanks disarm the traps with their faces please.

I just went with the average, Sorcerers and most mages really only get d6 so taking the average is usually better. We don't exactly get as much 'upper space' as other classes!

Sarah Morgan

I approve of re-rolling ones for HP, and thanks!  I'm with Angie though, in that I'd take the average, just to make things more consistent.   My two online games give everyone max hp per level, but I think that's the exception, rather than the norm.   The average seems like the best choice in your typical case when you level up.

Angie

Here's what I have so far:

Personal Information

Name: Tinalia von Grazen
Race: Human
Orientation/Sexuality: Hasn't quite figured that out yet (will end up preferring ladies, likely)
General Description: Aside from the purple hair, which is all natural, she looks rather lithe, yet there is the faintest hint of muscle beneath the smooth skin. Her body seems to have been built for flexibility. She has quite the exuberant smile. Currently, she wears little more than a threadbare travelling outfit and a backpack, though she hopes to change that soon.

(Also, for the love of God, don't click that image unless you want it computer monitor sized)

Role Play Centered Information

Class: Sorcerer
Level: 3
Alignment: Neutral Good
Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1722031
Additional Information: The von Grazen family was originally just the 'Grazen' family, her father added the 'von' to make them sound more important. He struck it big as a merchant, and so the added (fake) importance to the name helped him to keep striking it big. They are not particularly well known outside of the few cities her father trades in.

History
Family: The von Grazen family makes their home several miles north of Kymal, but their home has enough agriculture and livestock ranching to support a few merchants like the Grazens. They eat well, but outside of Kymal, where most of their trading is, they are not particularly well known.
Hometown: She has actually not had a place to call home since her powers first manifested, and would love nothing more than to return, but she cannot for certain reasons.
A little about personality: She seems to have an unending wellspring of compassion and optimism in her heart. Even after several encounters with nasty people who might destroy that optimism, she remains firmly in the belief that most people are basically good. However, she will fight if she has too, especially against monsters, but if a creature is willing to talk, she will listen.
General Life Story: Her father pulled the family up, making deals and carrying goods to distant lands, and as such, her childhood was an easy one. They never went hungry, and wanted for little. Despite all this, curious events would befall the young girl. Besides her hair being naturally purple, animals would fall silent around her, even seemingly frightened by her presence. Even some of the people of her hometown seemed to barely tolerate her. Regardless, the young girl learned of many trades, including the art of negotiation from her father.

At 17, her father returned from a routine trip down to Kymal, but soon, a dark sky threatened their little town. Preparations were made, and Samuel, Tinalia's father, planned to return to Kymal as soon as the storm ended to secure goods to rebuild, planning to use his wealth to give back to the ones who had helped him make it. But as the storm was about to reach the town, Tinalia stood alone against the darkened sky, her family calling her to come to shelter, but their words fell against deaf ears. She raised her hands to the sky, and the storm parted-it did not end, it merely went around their town, dousing the surrounding land with heavy rain and thunder, but leaving her town completely untouched. Once the storm had passed, she fainted, and did not awaken for a week.

When she did, she awoke to a town of strangers wearing familiar faces. Even her own family seemed distant, not helped at all by occasional outbursts of magic from her hands. If her family was distant, then those she called her neighbors and friends may as well have not existed. Lost and alone, she decided one night to set out on her own, taking what she could carry. However, she was found almost immediately by Samuel-who made no effort to stop her, only helped her pack, and offered her one final gift: A crystal sphere; an arcane focus for her to shape her new power. "It was given to me by a fortune teller." He said. "Told me that someone close to me would need it soon. I believe now she meant you." With a tear-filled farewell, she made her way into the night, taking the road to Kymal.

Since then, she's had to dodge bandits, kidnappers, cults seeking to add her power to theirs, unscrupulous merchants, pirates, drunkards, more than she cares to admit. Her magic seems naturally adapt at influencing others...or blasting her way out if she has no other option. But the worst opponent she faces is not an angry man with a sword or an undead horde, it is the crushing sense of loneliness. She journeys so that she might understand her powers and return home as a guardian, to no longer be treated as a bomb ready to explode, and her heart longs to return-or failing that, finding a group that could accept her for what she is, and look beyond the fear that her powers seem to inspire in all.

Chulanowa

Oof, hard to narrow my ideas down. I've got six ideas I want to spin with out of five classes. Jeeze.

JessLowell12

Rerolling 1s for HP is approved yes. I do suggest the average for certain classes. Thats a wonderful idea.

So what does everyone think about establishint a discord for more streamlined conversation? Might make this easier.

Also, Variant humans are fine. Go ahead and use that.

Crash

Discord is fine with me.  I am hoping to have my character up today.

Gah points buy cap of 15 suuuuucks... :)

Especially when you pick a race with no Wis bonus as a Cleric.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

JessLowell12

Vergil1989

Quote from: Angie on October 11, 2018, 02:50:38 AM
Here's what I have so far:

Personal Information

Name: Tinalia von Grazen
Race: Human
Orientation/Sexuality: Hasn't quite figured that out yet (will end up preferring ladies, likely)
General Description: Aside from the purple hair, which is all natural, she looks rather lithe, yet there is the faintest hint of muscle beneath the smooth skin. Her body seems to have been built for flexibility. She has quite the exuberant smile. Currently, she wears little more than a threadbare travelling outfit and a backpack, though she hopes to change that soon.

(Also, for the love of God, don't click that image unless you want it computer monitor sized)

Class: Sorcerer
Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1722031
Additional Information: The von Grazen family was originally just the 'Grazen' family, her father added the 'von' to make them sound more important. He struck it big as a merchant, and so the added (fake) importance to the name helped him to keep striking it big. They are not particularly well known outside of the few cities her father trades in.

History
Family: The von Grazen family makes their home several miles north of Kymal, but their home has enough agriculture and livestock ranching to support a few merchants like the Grazens. They eat well, but outside of Kymal, where most of their trading is, they are not particularly well known.
Hometown: She has actually not had a place to call home since her powers first manifested, and would love nothing more than to return, but she cannot for certain reasons.
A little about personality: She seems to have an unending wellspring of compassion and optimism in her heart. Even after several encounters with nasty people who might destroy that optimism, she remains firmly in the belief that most people are basically good. However, she will fight if she has too, especially against monsters, but if a creature is willing to talk, she will listen.
General Life Story: Her father pulled the family up, making deals and carrying goods to distant lands, and as such, her childhood was an easy one. They never went hungry, and wanted for little. Despite all this, curious events would befall the young girl. Besides her hair being naturally purple, animals would fall silent around her, even seemingly frightened by her presence. Even some of the people of her hometown seemed to barely tolerate her. Regardless, the young girl learned of many trades, including the art of negotiation from her father.

At 17, her father returned from a routine trip down to Kymal, but soon, a dark sky threatened their little town. Preparations were made, and Samuel, Tinalia's father, planned to return to Kymal as soon as the storm ended to secure goods to rebuild, planning to use his wealth to give back to the ones who had helped him make it. But as the storm was about to reach the town, Tinalia stood alone against the darkened sky, her family calling her to come to shelter, but their words fell against deaf ears. She raised her hands to the sky, and the storm parted-it did not end, it merely went around their town, dousing the surrounding land with heavy rain and thunder, but leaving her town completely untouched. Once the storm had passed, she fainted, and did not awaken for a week.

When she did, she awoke to a town of strangers wearing familiar faces. Even her own family seemed distant, not helped at all by occasional outbursts of magic from her hands. If her family was distant, then those she called her neighbors and friends may as well have not existed. Lost and alone, she decided one night to set out on her own, taking what she could carry. However, she was found almost immediately by Samuel-who made no effort to stop her, only helped her pack, and offered her one final gift: A crystal sphere; an arcane focus for her to shape her new power. "It was given to me by a fortune teller." He said. "Told me that someone close to me would need it soon. I believe now she meant you." With a tear-filled farewell, she made her way into the night, taking the road to Kymal.

Since then, she's had to dodge bandits, kidnappers, cults seeking to add her power to theirs, unscrupulous merchants, pirates, drunkards, more than she cares to admit. Her magic seems naturally adapt at influencing others...or blasting her way out if she has no other option. But the worst opponent she faces is not an angry man with a sword or an undead horde, it is the crushing sense of loneliness. She journeys so that she might understand her powers and return home as a guardian, to no longer be treated as a bomb ready to explode, and her heart longs to return-or failing that, finding a group that could accept her for what she is, and look beyond the fear that her powers seem to inspire in all.

Damn it Angie, it's too early for me to start getting teary eyed!  Ugh lol.   Seriously though, between the song choice and your gal's story, that wasn't bad at all.  :D

I can't get to the Discord yet since I'm stuck on my Kindle until I can get to my computer, but I'm alright with using it as well.  :D

Brittlby

Never used it, but I’m game. Fair warning, it’ll be sporadic as most of my write time is at work. Lol n_n; My cubicle neighbor already thinks I’m weird.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Crash

Personal Information

Name: Bubbles Greenbottle
Race: Teifling (Fierna)
Orientation/Sexuality: Pansexual
General Description: The St. Polly’s Girl of Teiflings though a shorty at 5’ 0” tall.  Bubbles would rather be in skirts, bodice and ruffled blouse than armor.  She likes tantalizing clothing that gets good tips and keeps herself nicely coifed and hygenic.  She always wears her symbol of Ninkash (A small mug that doubles as a tasting cup) around her neck and a tankard on her belt.  Bubbles has lavender skin with darker horns that swoop back and curl up at their tips.

Class: Cleric of Ninkash, Barley Mother, Maiden of Grapes
Character Sheet: Bubbles Greenbottle
Additional Information: Greenbottle Brewery: Located twenty minutes walk west of town, the Greenbottle Brewery is quietly becoming known as brewing the finest ales this side of the Cliffkeeps. Originally founded by Dox’s Great Grandfather Almose Greenbottle nearly 150 years ago, the Greenbottle brewery is still family owned and operated. The Greenbottle Brewery makes semi-annual trips to the Emon and the towns and villages in between distributing its fine emerald bottled brew. The brewery itself is a large building nestled into the side of Barleyborn Hill and the farmland around it is seemingly made to grow the fine hops and barley used in the ancient family recipe

History

Family: The Greenbottle Family: The Greenbottle’s family has lived in the small town of Amblestock nestled in the foothills of the Cliffkeep Mountains for four generations, having moved there soon after its founding by the Goldfoot clan. A well thought of, if quiet Halfling family, the Greenbottle’s endeared themselves to the Halflings of Amblestock by opening their brewery up every harvest time for a town wide celebration.

Finnigan Greenbottle: Local Brewmeister and husband of Mya, Finnigan Greenbottle runs the Greenbottle Brewery, a family business founded by his Great Grandfather, Almose Greenbottle. Finnigan met his wife Mya on the Greenbottle’s numerous trips into town to supply the Silver Horn Tavern with plenty of the Greenbottle’s home brewed ales. In Finnigan’s youth he was struck with a deep wanderlust and he traveled the length and width of the land. His adventures, which he still tells to kids around the hearth of the Silver Horn on cold winter night, were many, but his heart was always in Amblestock and the pretty young barmaid, Mya Slipfiddle.

Mya Greenbottle: Originally Mya Slipfiddle, Mya is the daughter of Evan Slipfiddle, owner and proprietor of the Silver Horn Tavern. Mya is also an accomplished glassblower and creator of the unique, emerald green bottles used to store Greenbottle Ale. Still a little miffed that Finnigan would name their only daughter Bubbles, she grudgingly admits that in some bizarre way it fits.

The Greenbottle boys:

Almose Greenbottle (Named after his Grandfather) is the eldest child and is following in his father’s footsteps. He will likely take over the family business, when (if) his father retires. Almose is more serious than the rest of his siblings. Not to say he doesn’t have a sense of humor, Almose just takes the family business very seriously.

Finn Greenbottle is the second child and currently a member of the town militia. When not on duty he can be found, like most of the other Greenbottle boys, helping out in the brewery. Finn is fun loving and gregarious.

Mal Greenbottle is the third child and a bit of a lay about and a drunk. The running joke around town is that Mal is the Greenbottle’s personal taster. There is a bit of truth to that as Mal can tell even the subtlest differences in taste and aroma of a batch of ale and just how much of what ingredient is missing.

Patty Greenbottle, the fourth child has shown the same talent with glass that his mother has and is currently her understudy. Patty is the quiet one of the bunch. He spends more time in artistic endeavors than running around town causing trouble.

Perry Greenbottle, the youngest boy, is the terror of the town. While not malicious, he always finds himself getting into trouble, usually with his good friend Jerran Kimblewright.

Molle Slipfiddle: Molle is the Daughter of Meegan Slipfiddle and cousin to the Greenbottles. Molle is a serving girl at her Grandfathers tavern where her mother is the cook and her dad, a handyman. Incredibly cute Molle recently had a crush on local rogue Jerran Kimble, until he broke her heart by going out with Sif Goldfoot, one of the Goldfoot sisters. Molle and Dox have been more like sisters than cousins and can usually be seen at the Silver Horn flirting with the local boys (and girls).

Meegan Slipfiddle: Mother of Molle, wife of Ludo, daughter to Evan and sister to Mya Greenbottle. Meegan is the current cook of the Silver Horn.

Ludo Slipfiddle: Father of Molle, husband of Meegan and son-in-law to Evan. Ludo is the current handyman of the Silver Horn. Ludo was a traveling salesman and orphan. Meegan and Ludo fell instantly in love and when he asked for her hand in marriage, he took her last name so that the Slipfiddle name could live on.

Hometown: Bubbles left Amblestock and currently resides in Emon where she has been helping rebuild.
A little about personality: Bubbles if as effervescent as her name.  She is friendly and outgoing and loves to talk over a good ale.  She has bounced from place to place the last decade learning as much as she can about the brews of different cultures such as Frostberry Port from Lyrengorn, Fyrebelly Stout from Kraghammer and Goliath Grog to name but a few.  Still nothing beats a Greenbottle Ale.  Bubbles often finds work as a barmaid or tavern wench when she isn’t employed by a local brewery. Bubbles is flirty and forward with men and women but won’t put up with unwanted attentions.  In her travels she had heard of a creature called an Alehouse Drake and would love to meet one someday.
General Life Story: Bubbles was abandoned as a baby and left for dead.  It was only luck that she was found by Finnigan and Mya Greenbottle on one of their annual trips to Emon.  Mya already with four rambunctious boys had always wanted a daughter and insisted that they keep the foundling as their own.  Finnigan a kind-hearted man agreed in spite of the girl’s clearly devilish features.  Bubbles, so named by Finnigan much to Mya’s chagrin, grew up happy and accepted by her family even if she was looked upon somewhat suspiciously by the Amblestockians at first.
The Greenbottle Brewery was a wonderful place to grow up in.  The work was hard but rewarding and Finnigan and Mya were caring parents who loved Amblestock and appreciated the craft they made their livelihood. This appreciation they passed on to their adopted daughter.  Bubbles took to keeping the small family shrine to Ninkash, The Barley Mother and did her chores and got into trouble like all kids do.

As a teenager she started working at the Silverhorn tavern with her cousin Molle when she wasn’t helping out at the Brewery.  She and Molle got into no end of shenanigans together and quickly earned a reputation as troublemakers of the best kind.  It was during this period that Bubbles began to feel her differences from the Halflings of Amblestock keenly.  This had nothing to do with the people themselves.  Amblestockians had accepted Bubbles as one of their own, but internally Bubbles felt isolated and lonely.  The Brewery would go to her eldest brother Almose and the Silverhorn to Molle and Bubbles was uncertain where she would fit in.  Bubbles took to visiting the family shrine more and more.  It always brought back good feelings of her childhood hiding in the barely fields. Watching and listening to her father talk to the brewmeister and haggle with traveling merchants and seeing her mother blow the delicate green glass bottles that had become synonymous with Greenbottle Ale.

Bubbles melancholy had not gone unnoticed by her parents and with Mya’s encouragement Bubbles father decided to take her on his next trip to Emon.  The experience was an enlightenment for Bubbles.  The wide-eyed Teifling had never understood the diversity of people and cultures in the world.  She assisted her father as he delivered his well-received ale to Tavern’s through-out the city and met with friends and colleagues of all stripes.  Bubbles was amazed and when she returned to Amblestock could not stop talking about the things she had seen.

She went to the family shrine late that night unable to sleep and told the Goddess all about her experience, the sites she saw, the people she met and the drinks she had imbibed.  The family shine began to glow softly and the motherly voice of Ninkash filled her. “You are welcome daughter.”  It was the Goddess who had planted the idea in her mother about the trip. “There are so many things to learn.  So many recipes my bounty provides.”  Ninkash had been their listening to Bubbles all those nights as she yearned to find herself in the world. “You have learned all you can here, daughter, but there is so much more to know.  If you wish it, you may be my voice.  Travel, experience, learn.  I am a humble, joyous deity, my daughter. Find me in world and be happy.  Let the tavern, winery and brew be your home.  The barkeep, wench and patron your family.  You will be happy here if you wish to stay.  Your parents are good people.  I offer you a place among all people if you wish to take it.  Find me in the world and rejoice.”  The voice was gone and glowing softly on the shrine was a small tankard on a silver chain.  A gift from both her mothers.  Bubbles slipped the holy symbol about her neck and felt truly home.

After that first trip Bubbles took another with her father and another and eventually she was making the trip to Emon and other areas all on her own.  Within half a decade she had given a tearful goodbye to Amblestock and her family and began to travel Tal’dorei seeking out how others worshipped Ninkash, even if they did not know it.  She has been gathering recipes and learning the fermentation techniques of the people of Tal’dorei for the last decade often returning to Amblestock to visit family and friends.  Recently she has settled in Emon and began to help with the recovery efforts, offering her blessed libations to the workers and people of the city and spreading the good drink of Ninkash to all that will have it.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

JessLowell12

Quote from: Brittlby on October 11, 2018, 11:14:40 AM
Never used it, but I’m game. Fair warning, it’ll be sporadic as most of my write time is at work. Lol n_n; My cubicle neighbor already thinks I’m weird.

No worries, I can teach you how to use it. Fairly simple.

Vergil1989

Indeed it is, and nice Crash!  So that's our Beer cleric then?  I definitely approve.  ;D  I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting her to be equal parts cute and so well adjusted lol.

Crash

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 11, 2018, 12:45:27 PM
Indeed it is, and nice Crash!  So that's our Beer cleric then?  I definitely approve.  ;D  I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting her to be equal parts cute and so well adjusted lol.

Hah.  Yeah everyone usually goes shitty childhood.  I thought I would mix it up a bit.  Of course that leaves a huge hook for Jess to fuck with her family and hometown.

Chulanowa

I'm kinda feeling a barbarian, bard, or fighter. Will decide and detail after work :-)

JessLowell12

Quote from: Crash on October 11, 2018, 12:48:58 PM
Hah.  Yeah everyone usually goes shitty childhood.  I thought I would mix it up a bit.  Of course that leaves a huge book for Jess to fuck with her family and hometown.

*Grins maniacally*

keyotess

Chulanowa

Quote from: keyotess on October 11, 2018, 01:08:31 PM
Okay, decision has been made, Arcane Trickster!!

*cheers for someone that isn't me playing rogue*

keyotess

Brittlby

Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O