Recruitment - Scion

Started by Celestial Goblin, May 24, 2007, 10:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Goblin

Okay now, I am considering running the Scion game myself.
I know myself and I know that multi-people games take more effort to prepare and run and that's why I want to keep it simple.

The game begins Sunday. Standart character creations. I need full character sheets before Sunday and there's no exception.

Any Scion, any pantheon, any background. Good, bad, ugly, all is good. There's going to be a lot of combat but non-combat skills will get to shine too.

The game will have copious amounts of non-sexual violence and supernatural horror.
Sexual themes will be normal Elliquiy level and will be just a flavor for the campaign.

Jefepato

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on May 24, 2007, 10:52:17 AMGood, bad, ugly, all is good.

Eep.

I'll see what I can come up with, but if the PCs are going to be working together in any capacity, this really sounds like a problem.

Celestial Goblin

Okay, that's true. Let me re-iterate this.

You can be any pantheon and have any attitude, but you need to have vested interest in *not* letting the world go to hell and a willingness to work together with others. Anything from a selfless hero to a schemeing 'lawful evil' type is okay.
Reclusive loners, psychopats and Scion-killers are not.

Jefepato

Okay, that seems reasonable.

HairyHeretic

*raises hand* Possible interest. Just want to make sure I don't start overstretching myself. I have a Scion of Heimdall created for a game on RPOL where the GM has gone out sick just as we were finishing character creation.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Swedish Steel

Don't think I'll be able to make that dead line, sorry.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Jefepato

I'm thinking of a Scion of either Loki, Set, or Aphrodite, a fairly crooked type.  She cares about herself, her friends, and not letting the Titans win, though not necessarily in that order.  The rest of the world is pretty much fair game.

(Loki seems like the most obvious choice here, but there's no guarantee that he's going to side with the Gods, so...)

EDIT: Hmm...Hermes might actually work, too.

Celestial Goblin

Jefepato

By the way, CG, how do you feel about Virtue sets that don't quite conform to the parent's pantheon?  I was thinking of swapping Loyalty in for one of the Pesedjet or Dodekatheon Virtues.

Ajoxer

I feel in a bit of a crazy mood. Modern day gaijin Samurai, under Amaterasu or one of the other Japanese gods.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ajoxer

I'm considering going total Combat Monster- Legend 4, Epic Strength, Dexterity, and Stamina of 3. Will that be alright, CG? If we need a challenging combat, he can always be lured away, heh.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Celestial Goblin

Combat monstery is okay.

ZK

I'd play, but the deadline is too near, as I have to work tomorrow and the weekend, I won't be able to give a character until Monday.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

HairyHeretic

I'm actually going to be away Sunday, and not back til monday. Dunno if that presents a problem for you?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Celestial Goblin

I can extend the deadline until Tuesday, if that's necessary. Okay?

ZK

Please, it'll give me some time to actually make a character. Basically working all week long from today.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Celestial Goblin

Okay, so far the cast of Scions is as following:

Hairy Heretic - Leon Warten - Scion of Heimdall    - sheet sent, needs corrections
Jefepato      - Kaci Sherwin  - Scion of Set          - sheet sent
Muse          -  Antonine Aria - Scion of Freya       - sheet sent
ZK              - TBA              - Scion of Hachiman  - awaiting
Ajoxer         - TBA              - Amaterasu?           - awaiting

I can still take up to two people right now. I don't want to start with a party larger than 7 Scions. I can always take more people in if others drop out.

Jefepato

Will the game now be starting on Tuesday, or do we not need to wait for all the sheets to be in?

Celestial Goblin

If I get all the sheets before Tuesday, I'll start faster.
If not, I'll start Tuesday and people who didn't send sheets in time can join up when they are able.

Swedish Steel

What, not a single Greek god? Maybe I should give this a try then.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

ZK

I should be getting my sheet done this afternoon.

Jefepato

By the way, just to be clear: no one else is currently making a hyper-manipulative type, right?  (I wouldn't expect a Scion of Heimdall, Freya, or Hachiman to be like that, but I've been surprised before.)

ZK

'Fraid my character will not be Manipulative, Charismatic, possibly, attractive? Possibly again, but not Manipulative.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Celestial Goblin

Ow... damn.
Hate me, curse me, whatever you like.
I have to cancel this game indefinitely for reason of random events.

I *might* post here and say I change my mind and am running the game anyway, but no gurarantee.

Sorries.