Napanee's Wanted Ad (M for F)

Started by Napanee, October 25, 2012, 12:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napanee

Hi,

I've been on E for a while now, and most of the time I've found partners by browsing their wanted ads. Now, after well over two years, I think I had better post up my own. It will be a work in progress for a while, but I'll try to keep it up to date. I just updated my O&Os actually, so feel free to check them out.

The Man
I should say that I like to think of an RP as quite a long running affair rather than a one-shot. Which is not to say I am averse to the odd knee-trembler one-shot, but most of the time I like my RPs to be story heavy. Sex is an added extra, rather than the be-all-and-end-all. I mostly post 3-5 paragraphs a day. Sometimes more, rarely less. I also post most days. I'm not looking for an obsessive post-length/post-frequency matcher, but I would rather like someone to be able to do 3-5 the same as me assuming the situation warrants it. I think I have a reasonably detailed and reasonably fluid writing style. It is important in any partner that their, and my, styles gel.

The Ideas
All of these ideas are assumed to be MF. FF is also something which could easily work well. I've done a number of FF RPs and (ahem) never had any complaints.  >:)

The Honey Trap (in play). The classical Honey-Trap is one where a gorgeous Russian female seduces a lowly cipher clerk with a high security clearance. It starts with a drink, a meal, and eventually ends up in bed. The information flow starts as pillow-talk and gossip, but then once he's hooked, she gets him to do more and more extreme and risky things to get the information she needs. In the classic tale the honey-trap cares nothing for 'the mark'. I'd like to suggest that in this case she finally finds herself falling for him. Options could include: Role reversal where the clerk is a female and the honey-trap is a male. Gender Matching where both protagonists are female. Currency where instead of a Russian and a Westerner we could have a Westerner and an undercover jihadist or Islamist sympathiser.

The Thomas Crown Affair. The 1999 TCA (wikipedia) had Pierce Brosnan play a ridiculously wealthy socialite who commits an art theft to cure himself of boredom. Renne Russo played an insurance loss adjuster who assists the police in tracking down the thief. Russo suspects Brosnan right from the get-go and they start a cat and mouse game where Russo tries to prove Brosnan did the crime. During the game they become lovers and Brosnan ceases being bored. Options could include: Role reversal where the male is the investigator and the female is the thief (I already have an excellent FBI Investigator character). Gender Matching where both protagonists are female.

The New Bodyguard (in play). A mostly legitimate wealthy Russian oligarch, living in London or NYC, needs a new bodyguard. The top candidate is an ex-special forces female soldier who just happens to be quite the looker. The relationship is completely professional between principal and bodyguard until his less than legitimate distant past catches up with him and some pro-Kremlin types try to assassinate him. The plot fails and bodyguard and principal find themselves gloriously happy to be alive. While emotions and hormones are running free they find themselves acting entirely out of character - which causes both of them enormous embarrassment the next morning. And every morning after that until the next failed attempt..... Options could include: Role reversal where the oligarch is a female and the bodyguard is a male. Gender Matching where both protagonists are female.

Opera
OK, so bear with me. I know this is a strange one. I love opera. Some of the characters are superb - Rodolpho and Mimi, Carmen and Don José. The stories..... not always quite so superb. I would love to do an RP using some famous set of characters from an opera, but developing our own story. What if Mimi didn't have TB ? What if Carmen and Don José reconciled their differences in the mountains ?

La Boheme                                         Carmen

FanFic
I watch far too much TV. Some fan-based RPs which I would love to explore and plan out could be based around:

HOMELAND                                         JUSTIFIED  (in play)                    LOST GIRL

CASTLE                                              COVERT AFFAIRS
.... as well as most Sci-Fi shows from the last 20 years.

Please......

Don't add to this thread. Instead send me a PM and we can discuss some more.

Napanee

Revamped the FanFic. Added some Opera