Secret Government Agency Interest Check!!! (Recruiting!!)

Started by Juggtacular, September 12, 2014, 02:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elf

Quote from: Juggtacular on September 12, 2014, 11:04:46 AM

So he'd be like a Shang Chi or Iron Fist type of guy. His power is basically Chi. That'd work. I did say I wanted powers to be varied. Not everybody can fall into a vat of radioactive mutagen.

Not familiar with Shang Chi but yes very much like Iron Fist without the showy special affects.

Something I did forget to mention is he has a sword, stars, and spikes that are virtually indestructible and can cut through just about anything. He has essentially hardened his own defenses s he can handle his weapons with shredding himself. this does not make him any more resistant to damage but is immune to armor piercing affects.

Interdiction of words

Alright, just show me the character sheet and I will make a character
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Juggtacular

Quote from: RedEve on September 12, 2014, 11:38:33 AM
This might be a bit of a silly question, but would it be alright to play a secretarial character à la mrs. Moneypenny in this setting?
I wouldn't mind playing a slightly ditsy but sweet personal assistant to one of the men or women in charge.

I loved Moneypenny in Skyfall. But to answer your question, yes that would be fine. Pretty much any position you want is playable.(soldier, assistant, janitor, etc..) We'll have attacks on the base as well so your character won't be just sitting around all day filing reports.

Quote from: Elf on September 12, 2014, 11:39:33 AM
Not familiar with Shang Chi but yes very much like Iron Fist without the showy special affects.

Something I did forget to mention is he has a sword, stars, and spikes that are virtually indestructible and can cut through just about anything. He has essentially hardened his own defenses s he can handle his weapons with shredding himself. this does not make him any more resistant to damage but is immune to armor piercing affects.

Shang Chi is basically like a mix between Iron Fist and Bruce Lee.

The weapons I'm fine with. I'm a bit confused about the second part though. You're saying he is immune to being injured by his own weapons correct? And also saying he is immune to piercing/cutting/slashing damage of all kinds, or just from said ninja gear?

Elf

Quote from: Juggtacular on September 12, 2014, 11:54:29 AM

Shang Chi is basically like a mix between Iron Fist and Bruce Lee.

The weapons I'm fine with. I'm a bit confused about the second part though. You're saying he is immune to being injured by his own weapons correct? And also saying he is immune to piercing/cutting/slashing damage of all kinds, or just from said ninja gear?

Yes and no, he won't slice himself silly just by handling them, if they were used against him by somebody they would have just much of a chance of injuring him as any other weapon. He is resistant not immune to damage. His actually resistance is about equivalent Batman's body armor it is just not reduced in effectiveness by armor piercing attacks which his weapons basically are in an extreme way.

I hope that makes sense.

Juggtacular

Okay. Thank you for clearing that up for me. The concept is fine then.

Interdiction of words

Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Juggtacular

I'm excited as well.  ;D

The character sheet is finished, I'm just trying to make sure I fill you guys in on as much world knowledge as I can before you get started, so you can know how things are going and the state of the world and stuff. They'll be put up at the same time in the first post though so once that's done, have at it!

AndyZ

I think I'll hold off and see what powers get picked before applying, because I have quite a few which could be awesome but don't want to step on toes.

More or less a modern timeframe, right?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Elf

Juggtacular

It's modern day, AndyZ. Cipher Pol-verse is basically the real world except a lot of the crazy, unexplained or just outright over the top stuff was the cause of deviants. Like the Easter Island Heads were made by Deviants, and the Beatles were Deviants. That's how they got so popular, etc...

Rel Mayer

So, I haven't read the previous parts but...

Is this like modern day one piece?

Juggtacular

Lol, I was wondering when somebody would ask that. Yes it is current day(2014 generally) but it's not One Piece. No Pirates(unless they're Somali...I am the Captain Now). No Devil Fruits, no Grand Line.

The only connection this RP will have to One Piece is the name Cipher Pol. And the reason I chose that name and organization is because they have unlimited operating power as an organization...and the name is just fucking cool.  XD

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Juggtacular on September 12, 2014, 12:42:00 PM
Lol, I was wondering when somebody would ask that. Yes it is current day(2014 generally) but it's not One Piece. No Pirates(unless they're Somali...I am the Captain Now). No Devil Fruits, no Grand Line.

The only connection this RP will have to One Piece is the name Cipher Pol. And the reason I chose that name and organization is because they have unlimited operating power as an organization...and the name is just fucking cool.  XD

* Rel Mayer cough.

And the symbol >.>

Juggtacular

You know how hard it is to find a cool symbol for a super secret government organization? Hmmm?! Probably not very, but it was like 3am and I wanted something more than just words.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Juggtacular on September 12, 2014, 12:45:09 PM
You know how hard it is to find a cool symbol for a super secret government organization? Hmmm?! Probably not very, but it was like 3am and I wanted something more than just words.

* Rel Mayer pets.

I'm just teasing you.

Juggtacular

Lynnette

You know what, I'm in. I'll probably play as some archiver or something, nothing too major.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Juggtacular

I've edited the first post to include the character sheet, some more information, and an open call to further questions or concerns you may have. You can start filling out your characters and I'll begin work on the other threads.

RedEve

Juggtacular suggested to possibly move this in here, so here goes.

Basic Information

Name: Valentina Breslin
Code-Name: Canary
Nickname: “V” or “Tina”
Sexual Orientation: straight
Affiliation: Cipher Pol

Physical Appearance

Height: 5’9
Build: Athletic/curvaceous
Eye Color: Brown
Hair: Dark brown
Distinguishing Marks: Tattoos on lower abdomen and left wrist
Description: See photograph

Important Info

Personality: Quirky yet slightly naïve. Valentina has lots of book smarts, which is why she is working for Cipher Pol at all. Yet she lacks the nous and ability to think on her feet to make for an effective field agent. She is sociable enough to be well liked and reliable enough to be deemed decent to good at her job.
Power(s): Answering phones, filing reports, taking notes, writing meeting summaries, keeping an agenda for her superior, serving coffee, flirting with purdy field agents.
Skills/Specialty(s): She has a keen mind for office work and is a good typist, she has a nice telephone voice, she knows the Cipher Pol archives system inside out. Even though she is part of the support structure and rarely leaves the base, she went through the same basic training as every Cipher Pol employee, which means she has a basic aptitude with handguns (basically she can reliably hit center mass within a 20 feet distance) and some very basic hand to hand combat skills (she can hold her own against an untrained man).
History: Valentina Breslin comes from a long line of military men and women. Her great-grandfather was an admiral in the Navy, her grandfather flew planes during the Vietnam war, her father made it to Lieutenant Colonel in the army. She has an older sister who is an army doctor and a younger brother who has just joined the Marine Corps. She was approached by Cipher Pol during her university years and put through an assessment program which deemed her ultimately unfit for field work, but which flagged her as suitable for support and administration. Hence why she was recruited in her sophomore year. Valentina has made a decent amount of progress and is now the shared assistant for two Cipher Pol commanders.
Recruitment: Current member of Cipher Pol, though in a support capacity.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

MaiMizzu

Ill make a character sheet tonight. what kinda char should i make? like.. an archer/tracker? a sniper? I kinda like sniper.. tell me what would work best here, since we already have a ninja
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Moon Hound Hati

Marking my interest. Will see if I can come up with an interesting concept for a field agent.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

johnnyboyboy

I wish to plant an interest flag in this.

I was thinking of a computer genius (Think like garcia from criminal minds) who can not only hack computers normally but he would have an ability that would allow him to use his own bodies electrical signals to enter the computer.

For example a keypad without a keycard he places his hand on it and is able to send electrical impulses that tricks the computer. Downside to this is that it would fatigue and give him a massive headache as he would use his own electrical current that his brain produces.
Just some quotes.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."
On/offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205898.0

Juggtacular

Good to see you Moon(still working on my RWBY profile btw)

And that concept works fine for my Johnny.

MaiMizzu

So I was thinking what my char's abilities will be. If she's a sniper, how about this...
She can basically see a long,long way. Like it would be as if she had a built in zoom in her head. She can focus her vision and see vastly farther than most people woujld ever be able to. And she can use this ability with scopes too, so any scope she uses for a rifle would essentially be enhanced.

And how about this camouflage where.. she can disappear from sight at a distance. If you're standing within 5 feet of her, you'd be able to see her clearly. but if you step away from her, she vanishes from sight. Almost like her body finds your eye's blind spot and stays in it.

What do you think?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Juggtacular

That works. I remember an episode of Alphas on SyFy. There was a chick named Griffin whose power basically expanded the human blind spot to compensate for her size, so people thought she was invisible.