RWBY inspired GG

Started by Sephiriel, January 01, 2014, 09:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

Done...or started at least.

TheLegionary

AribethAmkiir, Juggtacular, Alavana and Vill,
Welcome onboard! It is always good to have new members to keep the thread live and kicking!
TL

Saric

Are there still any student openings for this? And, if so, are transfer students from other countries permitted?

On a slightly different note the description of Aura as belonging to non-physical individuals confuses me. In the show they repeatedly show and/or refer to Aura healing wounds, preventing damage, or empowering blows. All the really 'magic' stuff seems to be accomplished via Semblance and foci. So is this game working differently or is this just a matter of divergent interpretations?
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Wheresmycow

My understanding is that aura does work the way it does in the show.  It's very much like popular interpretations of chi and so on.  As a thing of game balance, people with exceptional physical capabilities have a weaker aura, or less chi, than those who don't.  So they can still do aura stuff, but they can't do as much.  The more magic stuff plays off of semblances and weapons empowered by aura, so people who may not be as strong, fast and tough as other people have a greater abundance of aura, or know how to use it better.

But this doesn't exclude characters who have strong auras but aren't magicky types.  My character, Willum, has a strong aura, but his semblance isn't very spellcasty.  Instead, he's more of a technical fighter, and he uses his aura and fighting techniques to bridge the gap between him and say a more physically powerful character.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

TheHangedOne

Wheresmycow answered it quite nicely. The idea is more of an artificial way to keep the overall power levels of characters balanced and on par with each other.

Also, exchange or foreign students are entirely possible. However, at the moment, you'd be on a team on one... so that wouldn't leave much room for you to accomplish much, IC-wise, and would be hard to work into the plot why a team of one exists. If we can get 1-3 more people wanting to play students, I could work with that more easily.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Saric

Fair enough.

Well I was planning on him being a scholarship student with a court injunction requiring public service... both from the same event. So he could be showing up after the nominal start of the year. I will admit that not having a team could prove... boring.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)