The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Started by Sabby, December 29, 2007, 01:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I've had it on Xbox360 since it went on sale here, and still I enjoy it. Currently working through the Mage's Guild missions, just past the point where I get my Mages Staff. Finished The Dark Brotherhood, past the Temple of Elder Moths in the Thieves Guild, just up to the stuff about the Blackwood Company in The Fighters Guild.

Anyone else play this great game? Share pics if you can, us Xbox users don't usually have pics of our games.

Jefepato

Alas, I've only played a tiny bit so far.  My roommates in college were all totally addicted to the PC version, though.

Sabby

Its great Jefe ^_^ if you can, put some time into it.

I adore Conjuration. When in a fight, I bring up a big dragon or a Skeleton and just watch the fight that ensues.

shadowheart

Love ESIV!  I've only just started it too actually, because it is -huge!-.  and it is what I think all games should aspire to be, large, freeform, very, very open. 

as to screenshots .. heh.  well, I need to figure out just how to do that, since my copy of TESIV tends to crash if I alt-tab.

ZK

Played it completely, beaten all the Achievement related quests and quite an extensive amount of those that do not have Achievements.

Was definitely impressed with the whole package. Although the same voice actors/actresses got tired after a while. I am currently excited about Fallout 3. My favorite PC RPG series now made by the briliant minds behind Elder Scrolls with guidance from former Black Ilse/InterPlay employees. So, it should be quite intense and fun. ^.^
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Sabby

Yes Fallout 3 does look promising ^_^ lets hope its not another victim of over hyping

Well, I'm training in full force now. I have a very weak spell that will summon a skeleton for 1 second, create light at 3 feet for 1 second, and fire damage on self for 1 second. The spell is so weak, my Magicka recharge rate is faster then the usage rate. I cast it repeatedly, to level my Conjuration, Destruction and Illusion.

I've also bought a very weak dagger, and custom made a spell that will summon a Skeletal Guardian for 60 seconds. I just start swinging at him, at about 3 damage. It ups my Blade and Heavy Armor. I'm about 11 levels from reaching Expert from Blade though... will have to cram today.

Jeramiahh

Playing on the Xbox? I'm so, so sorry. You have to suffer through the standard game. "Oh, look at me, I'm the greatest warrior that ever lived!" "Rar. I'm an ordinary black bear. Fighting me will be a life-or-death struggle. Twenty feet beyond me are six demons and a bandit camp. I hope you like reloading." Mods are god for this game.

Despite that, though, it's a fantastic game. I spent one day just wandering around the mountainsides, looking over everything, awed by the sheer scope of the game. The first time I looked out, and realized I could see the capital from halfway across the map nearly floored me.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

ZK

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Sabby

Black Bears are no problem... neither are brown bears >.> or Spider Deadra, or Xivilia (sp?) or Storm Atronachs, or Deadroth. I'm only level 27 and I handle them all fine.

ZK

I was around level 80 when I beat the game. I had a Nord with combat and utility abilities as my "Main" ones.. so yeah, I leveled up fast when I went through the Arena and Fighter's Guild. I was the first Archmage Nord. Hehe.

Sabby

Now all thats left is a Redguard Archmage, hehe.

I'm a Breton with Blade and Block, Heavy Armor, Armorer, Illusion, Destruction and Conjuration. I really am in love with Shock Damage... it may just be the radius, but my Shock on Target spell has around a 10 per cent chance of sending an enemy flying. Just before I accidentally walked in on a Necromancer creating a black Soul Gem. I cast the spell and he went flipped end over end down the hill, but was killed by the impact, not the spell. The effect is hilarious with the pigs, hehe...

Nell

I'm not sure, but I'm probably going to get it for ps3 since it's apparently supposed to be the game of the year.

King_Furby

The game has been around for awhile hasn't it?

Sabby

Not sure... definitely longer then a year. I still play it almost daily all this time and I hardly seen much of the game world or quests.

MagicalPen

Yeah, its been around 2 years now i think. The O3 Mod is DA BEST when it comes to mods for the game.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Sabby

Now that is one thing that makes me want it on PC... the mods. Not guna spend the money on a high end rig right now though.

Still beating the fuck out of my Skeleton. So close, yet so far...