Zombies, Run! Group Role play wanted (Interest check: Currently Recruiting)

Started by Wicked Vixen, July 22, 2013, 01:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: AdrianZef on July 23, 2013, 12:28:55 AM
Modified!

Good job reason I asked was because I wanted this to be as real as possible. (I do know this is a game so no worries I am not a crazed escaped little insane asian girl)
The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Chreestafer

Hello everyone I believe we have room for one more player! :)
Please get a character up asap :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

CarnivorousBunny

Woo~!  Can't wait for this to start!

Chrees: You won't put up a character? :0  Or did I totally miss your name on the list?
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Chreestafer

No no I'm putting a character up but I have to do it after work.  I just lliterally wrote up a who character and someone called my phone (which I am on the web via phone) and it deleted all of it! ; ( so ill have one up asap but I do have a spot reserved I believe :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: Chreestafer on July 23, 2013, 07:35:11 AM
No no I'm putting a character up but I have to do it after work.  I just lliterally wrote up a who character and someone called my phone (which I am on the web via phone) and it deleted all of it! ; ( so ill have one up asap but I do have a spot reserved I believe :)

Yes he does have a spot reserved just for him but I would like one more female character (The writer could be a guy or a girl RL sex does not matter) to round us all out. 

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Chreestafer

Bring on the ladies! The more females the merrier! Wait dis I say that out loud!?!?! ;)

I'm ok with more ladies though I don't mind :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

CarnivorousBunny

I'm sure we'll get our last girl soon! :D

*dances*

Also, ADRIAN! Hello!  I will..get working on my post for our rp soon ::)
my  o&o and a&a

AdrianZef

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on July 23, 2013, 08:52:50 AM
I'm sure we'll get our last girl soon! :D

*dances*

Also, ADRIAN! Hello!  I will..get working on my post for our rp soon ::)

HI! Haha, no worries.

I hope we get our last character soon too!
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

CurvyKitten

By god if no one else speaks up and nabs it and that is all that is holding us back I'll make another character LOL. Not going to let one missing pc stop this game when we already saved it once!  LOLZ

Side note, if anyone wants to work out any BG links with Elena let me know I'm game for all sorts of rp goodness.

Oh and as for pictures I was thinking easy stuff like walking dead. But I was also looking at stuff with movies like Mad Max and stuff. Those could be some awesome location, vehicle, and bad guy shots. :)

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 23, 2013, 10:30:33 AM
Side note, if anyone wants to work out any BG links with Elena let me know I'm game for all sorts of rp goodness.

Same goes for me!  I'm always up to plot!

As for our characters, do you think Elena, as an intelligent smart ass, would be distrustful of Mayline?  Maybe on some level she can sense how the Filipina actually does not genuinely care for majority of the colony, if not everyone.  They could have mutual respect for one another, but not actually like each other if that is the case.

But that may be difficult since Mayline is genuinely nice and doesn't even realise herself that she doesn't care for the colony as much as she thinks she does.
my  o&o and a&a

Chreestafer

Well obviously this will be a crazy and dark game kind of like walking dead.  Think bandits, zombies, human cannibals,  freaks, traitors,  the wilderness known as the dead lands now is a scary placem. How can we all survive? 

As curvy said I am open to prior relationships as my character will be a part of the town.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chreestafer

Plus general gist of my character.   Age 26. Ex military,  was released after year and a half for medical reasonings.  Same reasons hindered him in saving his family and friends from the undead hordes.  Has a fear of fire for reasons undisclosed but could be found out.  And is a special kind of runner he self classifies as a finder. Finders are hired by town folk to retrieve certain things like heirlooms or books or candy or ect. For money or favors.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Charlotte Fox

I'd like to submit this character! Let me know!

Player UserName: Charlotte Fox

Character Name: Lily Delgado

Established member of the colony?: No

Physical Description: Lily is five foot 6 with blue eyes and dark auburn hair. She is always smiling.

Prior Occupation: Stay-at-Home Mom

Personality: Lily is a kind hearted woman. She loves to be a part of the community; she is always helping out and being a part of things close to home. She loves animals, but her true affinity is with her garden. She can be a little stubborn, and she tends to think the safe way is often the best way. She has always been able to remain cool headed in emergency situations and is not prone to panic. Furthermore, she was an excellent mother and soon-to-be grandmother.

Hobbies/Skills: Gardening, Long Distance Running, Swimming, Crocheting and/or knitting, Occasional Sewing, Baking

Weaknesses: She is getting older, as a result her reflexes aren’t as fast. She can be stubborn to a fault. Sometimes she mothers a little too much. Due to losing her husband, daughter and soon-to-be grandchild, she tends to run herself thin trying to keep herself busy. Her combat skills are limited to 'beat it to death with whatever you can get ahold of'.

Fears:

Finding her Daughter Dead: Her biggest fear is finding her daughter dead or as a zombie. She has nightmares about it. She does her best to stay positive and retain the hope that she is still alive.

Heights: Standing on anything unstable makes her nervous. Even standing on a stool a foot above the ground makes her uneasy. If it's sturdy, she's okay, but even when she's on a balcony of a hotel or apartment building, she stays far away from the ledge.

Clausterphobic She has an immense fear of small spaces. Which can be a problem, since sometimes escaping from a zombie horde requires one to crawl through a small space. She will avoid it until all other options are exhausted.

Gear:

Backpack - Her daughters from highschool.

Toiletries - One of life's necessities - really. She's also carrying her travel kit - toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrush, travelsize shampoo & conditioner. 

First Aid Kit - A home-made kit that was stored in the trunk of her car for emergencies. Years as a stay-at-home mom have taught her to always be prepared. The First Aid Kit contains - A First Aid Manual, Sterile Gauze Pads in different sizes, Adhesive Tape, Several sizes of band-aids, Tensor Bandage, a Splint, Antiseptic Wipes, Anti-Bacterial Soap, Anti-Biotic Ointment, Small Bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide, Hydrocortisone Cream, Tylenol and Ibuprofen, Tweezers, Scissors, Safety Pins, Disposable Instant Cold Packs and Hot Packs, Calamine Lotion, Aloe-Vera Lotion, Cotton Balls, Small Bottle of Ethyl Alcohol,  Thermometer, Plastic Non-Latex Gloves, Flashlight w. Extra Batteries, A Mouthpiece for Administering CPR, and a FireProof Blanket. Please note, that despite her having this First Aid Kit, she doesn't know much about using it.

Sewing Kit - Just a small basic sewing kit. She usually brought it with her on their vacations, and so she brought it with her.

Tire Iron - Gotten from the trunk of her car before starting her treck on foot. She's not entirely confident she'll know how to use it though...

Unfortunately she neglected to bring any food with her, and she brought nothing but a single water bottle which is near empty. She must scavenge for food or water for now.

History: From the very beginning, Lily's life was oriented around getting married and having children. She was fairly pretty, and she began dating early. She married her high school sweetheart right out of high school, and they quickly had a daughter. Josephine (Jo-Jo) became Lily’s whole reason to live. Though they wanted more, her husband and her just never ended up having any more children. As a result, little Jo-Jo was spoiled like only an only child can be spoiled. Lily was a stay at home mom, in charge of the cooking, cleaning and on occasion repairing ripped clothing. Her husband was a millright at a local mine, and made enough for her to worry not about working. In her thirties her husband began experiencing health problems. This was mainly attributed to poor diet. She quickly revamped their lifestyle and healthy eating and exercise became a big priority. It was at this time in her life, that she began growing her garden. She discovered she had quite the green thumb, and she loved growing food for her family.

She and her husband had been at home when it happened.

Needless to say, Lily was the only one to make it out alive. She rushed to get to her daughters house, only to find her daughter not at home. She had been due for a doctors appointment, since she was due to have her baby in a little over a month. She quickly returned to her home, where she packed her car up with everything she could think she might need, and started off on her trip to find her daughter. Before long, Lily was forced to travel on foot, leaving behind the car and a majority of the supplies. She stuffed her daughters old backpack with what she thought of as the absolute necessities, and continued on. Lily tries with much difficulty to maintain the hope that her little Jo-Jo remains alive. She is still searching for some sign of a community, maybe somewhere that her daughter would have sought refuge.

***UPDATED*** Added Fears & Gear. Let me know if it's not acceptable.

eiselmann

Also open for any relationship history/current for my chap

I can see Connor and Mayline connecting because they are both strangers in a strange land (even before the outbreak)

On top of that (if I've read correctly) Both Elena and Mayline like to get things working with minimal tools, which is one of Connor's strong points so they would have spent a lot of time together trying to get things working and maintaining services.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Wicked Vixen

Do not worry we will go ahead and play as planned I will post tonight the opening post and we will start I will inform you all on here along with the thread. But I am hoping we get at least one more female character.

Nevermind we have her thanks to Charlotte who is accepted! We will kick off tonight I hope you guys are ready. I am going to be busy but before I will post on here to inform you of some new rules and an explanation also with the link to our rp thread and occ thread. Btw we still have my Co-Gm's character to look out for.

Chreestafer

Ok all on my home from work (yes it is 10 my time abd yes I sadly work 13 hour days :( )  once home ill post my profile and set up a character sheet thread.
Ons and Offs
F-List

AdrianZef

Yay!

That said, I'm open to any backstory as well.
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Chreestafer

Player User Name: Chreestafer

Character Name: Tristyn Phoenix

Established member of the colony?: Yes

Physical Description:
Tristyn Phoenix
Scars
Exact Outfit

Prior Occupation: Ex-Navy (Medical Discharge) / Retailing a local book store

Personality: Very shy at first however once he warms up to others he is very easy going and is a man who will do anything for anyone without questioning.  He doesn't play it up but he is very book smart as well as street smart. 

Hobbies/Skills:
Hobbies - Books, collecting things, Sharp pointed objects

Skills- Knife fight training, 2 years of Military training

Weaknesses:
MAJOR - Fear of Fire - when Tristyn was 14 his father flew into a drunken rage and blamed Tristyn for his wife leaving them alone all these years.  His father beat him then proceeded to pour gas on his chest and light him ablaze with a cigarette.  Tristyn has the older lady across the street to thank as she saw this happening and the police came and soon the young 14 year old found himself moving to live with his grandmother (where he gained his love for books)

MAJOR - Muscular Dystrophy - A year after graduating college Tristyn found himself in the navy as a SeaBee, also known as a CB, for a year and a half he worked with his hands in this field as he also trained and conditioned as a soldier and a sailor.  Towards the end of his second year however, during a routine PT, he fell paralyzed and unable to breath.  Weeks of tests proved the young man to have Muscular Dystrophy, and thus began his daily shot in the hip of an anabolic steroid to keep the muscles running. 

MINOR - Fear of intimacy - Due to the burn scars that scatter his chest he fears letting a woman see him, he had done such in the past and others found him disgusting and rejected him.

MINOR - Self Loathing - He blames himself for his mother running, for his body failing him, and for not being able to save the only woman who saved him, his grandmother.

List of Fears: Fire, rejection, spiders

History: Most of the other topics list his history.  When he was born his mother couldn't handle the life style so she ran.  This caused his father who already drank, to drink even worse.  Years later, his father tried to kill him, disfigured him and soon was sent to jail.  He was raised by his grandmother, who owned a book store, and this is where he learned to love reading.  Years later he was accepted into the navy cause he liked to work with his hands, and for two years he had it made.  But soon life crashed as his body failed him and he was discharged, medically of course. A year later the zombie hordes came and during that fateful night he couldn't move to save his grandmother, he was locked in into the basement un able to move only to be a crying mess.  From that day on he vowed to not let his weakness kill anyone ever again, however, with worldly supplies low, he has a hard time finding his anabolic steroids. 
Ons and Offs
F-List

Wicked Vixen

UPDATES

Ok these might seem a bit strange but bear with me and feel free to ask questions. Please keep in mind I am new to all of this so please don't yell at me because I love you all for keeping this thread alive with me.  ;D Now to business.

1) So I wanted to add this to the rules if someone joins us and doesn't inform us that they are leaving for something in real life then we will kill the character off but in a way that benefits both the story and the rest of the characters or if they need to back out from another reason we will let them go out "LIKE A BOSS!" lol And make it a big heros death that is epically awesome or if they were mean to us and just left us without any say so then we will make them die by them going to the bathroom in a hurry and neglected to watch out for zombies.

Now please keep in mind we will not kill off anyone's character without your permission and say so. We will avoid this as best we could. HOWEVER

What I want to avoid is people doing stupid things which will result in a character getting injured (At least) /killed (At most) depending on what they do now we will not kill them off without their permission (Yes I said this again) but if a guy goes charging into 20+ zombies with his bare fists well.....don't expect to come out on top....that sort of thing or firing a gun in a building crowded with zombies. Be sure to know that your character will have just brought all the attention onto himself and will now have to contend with a building full of zombies. Not saying you will die...just you will now be unable to just waltz through the zombies backhanding them like the pimp you really are in real life.  ;)

Now if you get tired of your character and want a different one we will kill off your character in an awesome story driven way that benefits us all and makes the story that much better. Then you can create a new one to join us. I want to avoid a guy running around with a baseball bat against 25 million zombies, he is prolly gonna break his bat on the 50ith odd zombie if he is lucky. I want this to be as real as possible so yes we will not be having machine guns aplenty I want to save those heavy weapons (If we decide to have them) for extreme emergencies and I would want it to be a massive group looting also explaining how they brought it back to the colony it will not be easy, and if we have heavy weapons (Like that) the colony will have them only for when the situation seems hopeless and the need for heavy firepower is a must. Melee weapons and improvisation will be key as well as making what scarce resources we have last. Now we will still have a bit of fun, the colony was lucky enough to have a surplus of plumbers and electricians and electrical engineers to have running water and electricity in the initial stages of the development of the colony.

2) I would like everyone to add on their character sheet something or other that their character is afraid of. A big fear and a few little ones if you would kindly take the time to. I am sorry for adding more to your sheets as you will see soon enough. Reason for this  (for example, bill hates clowns, he opens a door and there is a clown zombie!)

3) I would also like you to add the gear you travel with (Runners) or have on you at all times (Non-runners) feel free to look at my character sheet or Chreestafer for ideas. I will be limiting it to a primary melee weapon, secondary melee weapon, gear (protective clothing), emergency firearm (Limited ammo handguns=20~30, Shotguns=10~20, Rifles=15~25). No machine guns right off unless you really really want it and you tell me which one and we shall see about it. Write out if your weapon has an improvised silencer or not. If you have any complaints if you have a good reason for having something special I will consider you keeping it. If you want an out right yes then you're gonna have to strip for me  ;) (Obviously I am joking.....kinda)

4) There will be "Random Events" these will be to keep our writers on their toes and to keep them from getting bored or too comfortable. We all know nothing ever goes as planned and though a few things might pan out not every mission will run smoothly life doesn't and this game will not. And given how well the players (Including us gm's)  handle things maybe we managed to find a lucky haul. For example we disable a large surprise attack by zombies or bandits and on our way back someone kicks a trunk in anger and it pops open showing that the previous owner stashed a load of dried food, seeds, camping equipment maybe if we are nice weapons..

I want ammo to be scarce and for our people to rely on more than just firearms though I intend to have the colony have a nice stash in case of emergencies and long trips (The big events)

5) Runners will give a small list of something they found during that run. It could be a small bottle of shampoo or maybe they took out a lone bandit and managed to get a machete and a few rounds of ammo. Maybe they were lucky and they found a bag of seeds. That sort of thing.

Chreestafer's fears is more detailed than might right now and I will let you know that after I post this I will work on my gear addition and then the opening post.

Wicked Vixen

Wicked Vixen