Non-adult Vodun style Roleplay request.

Started by A Mighty Lion, January 20, 2014, 03:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Mighty Lion

This is for all the ladies who would not mind a bit of Vodun in their stories. I am looking for a lady interested in having a human character while I in turn will play an Orisha/Loa of our own decision. It is to last until my approval is decided upon. I do not know when this will be, but, if I am approved we may then convert the roleplay into an adult roleplay.

Orishas/Loa offered are these below:

Ogun

Shango

Olokun

Aganju

If you do not know of each of them, you may always ask me what each one's association or role is.

Goddess of Night

I'd be interested in roleplaying with you Mighty but I'm afraid I don't have knowledge of the subject.
My On/Offs

Looking for roleplay partners with ideas. Any takers? Pm me.

A Mighty Lion

Goddess of Night

I'll google all the info and ask you questions when I have the time. Have to do some homework for my sociology class right now.
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 05:20:26 PM
I'll google all the info and ask you questions when I have the time. Have to do some homework for my sociology class right now.

Well, I mean that you can ask me question on it if you need to.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 20, 2014, 05:21:41 PM
Well, I mean that you can ask me question on it if you need to.
Okay, so what exactly is the subject?
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Goddess of Night

Okay let me ask a different question. What is the plot?
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 07:00:13 PM

This will depend on the Orisha you choose to interact with. If you don't know what their purpose is, just ask. I am happy to tell you about them.

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 07:00:13 PM

The over all idea is that a young girl, about 18 or older, will encounter whatever Orisha is chosen for the roleplay.

Goddess of Night

My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 08:03:18 PM
And then go from there?

Yes. Each Orish is responsible for a different thing. You only have to pick which Orisha you want to interact in the roleplay with or, if you don't know what they do, ask me and I will tell you.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 20, 2014, 08:05:17 PM
Yes. Each Orish is responsible for a different thing. You only have to pick which Orisha you want to interact in the roleplay with or, if you don't know what they do, ask me and I will tell you.
Oh okay :D. I googled each of them And Aganju and Olokun piqued my interest. I read that Aganju helps people overcome physical and psychological barriers so maybe we can use that in the plot?
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 08:12:39 PM
Oh okay :D. I googled each of them And Aganju and Olokun piqued my interest. I read that Aganju helps people overcome physical and psychological barriers so maybe we can use that in the plot?

Yes, Aganju is the Orisha of Volcanoes. Like the lava that overcomes all obstacles, Aganju can aid others in doing the same. I can use him as my character if you like. He is also called Agayu in other areas.

Goddess of Night

That sounds good. What setting is this taking place?
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 08:21:05 PM
That sounds good. What setting is this taking place?

It can be fantasy or realistic, modern or older times. It is fully up to you. The spirits adapt with the times, you know  :D

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 20, 2014, 08:22:25 PM
It can be fantasy or realistic, modern or older times. It is fully up to you. The spirits adapt with the times, you know  :D
Hmm... fantasy is always a good setting with me. What kind of things are in this fantasy place? Mythical creatures? Superpowers?
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 08:26:37 PM
Hmm... fantasy is always a good setting with me. What kind of things are in this fantasy place? Mythical creatures? Superpowers?

Anything you like. Just know that none can harm an orisha. But yes, anything you like can be in the roleplay.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 20, 2014, 08:27:56 PM
Anything you like. Just know that none can harm an orisha. But yes, anything you like can be in the roleplay.
Let's go with mythical creatures. I.e. Wild, crazy beasts, werewolves and so on. Would it be okay if she was attacked and was left for dead and that's how she encounters your character?
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 08:31:01 PM
Let's go with mythical creatures. I.e. Wild, crazy beasts, werewolves and so on. Would it be okay if she was attacked and was left for dead and that's how she encounters your character?

Here are the Orisha that I have listed. Just to give you a second chance at making your choice. As for your idea, Aganju is not to aid in that type of physical barrier. That is something more for a healer or a warrior Orisha. Ogun, for example, as he is a warrior and protector or Ozain who is a healer.

Goddess of Night

Why don't you choose your favorite and tell me the info then I can come up with something off of that.  :-)
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 08:41:45 PM
Why don't you choose your favorite and tell me the info then I can come up with something off of that.  :-)

Well, all are good. I cannot quite choose a favourite, so, you choose one that interests you the most and that is what we will go by.

Goddess of Night

Hmm... I'm a girl who likes fire. Always have. So let's go with Shango?
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 08:48:43 PM
Hmm... I'm a girl who likes fire. Always have. So let's go with Shango?

Fire is good. Shango is know to have a bad temper, possibly even more so than his brother Ogun. But yes, Shango is the ruler of fire, lightening and thunder and, like Ogun, he is masculine.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 20, 2014, 08:55:03 PM
Fire is good. Shango is know to have a bad temper, possibly even more so than his brother Ogun. But yes, Shango is the ruler of fire, lightening and thunder and, like Ogun, he is masculine.
I like to portray my characters having the ability to go with the flow. Maybe a little water in her can calm his fiery temper. :D Let's go with Shango
My On/Offs