News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mafia- All are welcome

Started by The Last Standing, September 25, 2012, 11:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Standing

Hey people.

The game Mafia is one of deceit and insight. The players can have the role of detective, mafia member, or town denizen. The goal of the detective and town denizens is to find and kill the mafia members in the town, which they do by vote. The mafia wants to have a majority of the people in town under their control, and accomplishes this by killing off town members.

Every night the mafia selects one person to be whacked, which often results in fun, albeit gruesome, descriptions of that person's demise by the game leader come morning (one person mediates the game). Every morning, the town members come together to vote on who shall be hanged.

I think this rules framework has a lot of potential for a really fun RP (non-Adult, of course).

What I was hoping for were:

Game Leader: This person should know the rules already and be able to mediate the game via PM and posts.
Players: Specific roles won't be assigned until later by the game leader, but I think it would be really great if we all constructed our characters before we knew their alignment, so the final reveal is all the more exciting.

As for setting, I was thinking of keeping it simple, perhaps a small Sicilian village. We can populate it with characters, establishing all sorts of connections between each other before the game starts. Imagine the surprise of the players when the sweet, innocent Baker's daughter ends up being an operative of the Mafia.

I haven't worked out how to keep slain players in the game though, because I would hate to cut them off early. Any thoughts concerning this?

backbreaker86

Love this idea and count me in!  I am not really sure of how to keep the player in the game...could we instead of kill them off how about bring them into the mafia like they do in gangs? Just a thought but I'm sure after killing them you couldn't bring that character back. Maybe have em make other characters!?

The Last Standing

Having the person create another character that doesn't count towards the tally of the game definitely could work.

backbreaker86

it was just an idea..but i guess i can not join unless you can keep it in this thread! They rejected me so i have to wait longer than being expelled from college! lol. Anyway i would want to be a denizen