The Search for Miyeritar's Lost Light: D&D 3.5/Forgotten Realms

Started by Paladin101, June 08, 2014, 01:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin101

Anon, if you wanna wait to make the actual sheet until you know if you're in or not that's fine. Just wanted to make sure you knew a sheet was needed for play.

Blinkin, looks good.

Blinkin

Thanks, you should have the character sheet by now. I THINK that I got all of the math right.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Paladin101

Got it and sent back a response with the couple problems I noted.

Jefepato

By the way, I'm not super knowledgeable about the Forgotten Realms timeline.  Lathander is still a good deity and not vaguely an aspect of some LN jerk-god, right?

(The character sheet I posted above happens to use the "regional background" thing from Champions of Valor, BTW.  The practical upshot for my character doesn't really extend beyond having access to Celestial as a bonus language, though, so I assume it's not a balance issue.)

Paladin101

Anon315

Paladin101

Autocad

I have a concept for a Raptoran barbarian (Races of the Wild http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20050106b). Would this race be fine to use?

Paladin101

Muse

Quote from: Jefepato on June 09, 2014, 10:45:17 AM
By the way, I'm not super knowledgeable about the Forgotten Realms timeline.  Lathander is still a good deity and not vaguely an aspect of some LN jerk-god, right?

(The character sheet I posted above happens to use the "regional background" thing from Champions of Valor, BTW.  The practical upshot for my character doesn't really extend beyond having access to Celestial as a bonus language, though, so I assume it's not a balance issue.)

Ack!  Don't listen to those blasphemers!  Aumnatar is not Lathander!  Hanalai is not Sune!  Corelon is not neutral! 

*Fumes* 

Sorry!  Rant ended. 

Work in progress: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H2m0tPGpEsELB50bbJuwDPao5oGUIkG8iGxQY_eURis/edit

When Kili was 11, Zhentarim raiders attacked her small farming village.  She was the only survivor from her immediate family.  While she was hiding in the barn, a few Harpers arrived to dispatch the Blackclad.  That man took her as an apprentice. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Paladin101

I can't see your google docs work in progress, says need permission to get in to see it. So I'll have to wait to see it till it's done. :P

RubySlippers

Quote from: Muse on June 09, 2014, 01:05:40 PM
Ack!  Don't listen to those blasphemers!  Aumnatar is not Lathander!  Hanalai is not Sune!  Corelon is not neutral! 

*Fumes* 

Sorry!  Rant ended. 

Work in progress: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H2m0tPGpEsELB50bbJuwDPao5oGUIkG8iGxQY_eURis/edit

When Kili was 11, Zhentarim raiders attacked her small farming village.  She was the only survivor from her immediate family.  While she was hiding in the barn, a few Harpers arrived to dispatch the Blackclad.  That man took her as an apprentice.

That's what happens when you kill Mystra and unleash Arcane devastation on the world.

Paladin101

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 09, 2014, 03:15:29 PM
That's what happens when you kill Mystra and unleash Arcane devastation on the world.

Bleh. I hate the whole 4th edition set of changes they made to Faerun. Thus why this is set before that shit. lol

Autocad

Talethi, Raptoran Barbarian 6

Description: Talethi is a Raptoran, a race of humanoids with bird-like wings. Her feathers are gray and painted with tribal patterns. She has short black hair and dark red eyes. She wears a halter top and a loincloth made of leather strips and tribal patterned fabrics, leaving much of her skin bare. Her figure is well toned with well-defined muscle and little excess fat.

Age: 55 (Raptorans reach middle age at 100, for reference)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Sexual Preferences
IC: Talethi is technically a virgin, in that she has never been penetrated vaginally. She has experimented with partners both male and female, using other parts of her body, before. She will only give her maidenhead to a mate worthy of her fertilizing her eggs, a strong male who can match her strength or better.
OOC: Pretty much anything goes other than the Offs.

Deity: Aerdrie Faenya

Morality: Talethi is guided by the many-faceted and contradictory ways of nature. The strong eat the weak and might makes right, yet cooperation and social rule is also necessary to survive. She causes only as much harm as she needs to get by; going beyond that would be pointless waste. Altruism is not disallowed, but only if it serves a purpose, either to better herself or the whole social structure in the end, and not merely for its own sake.

Background: Talethi was cast out from her tribe at a young age for reasons that she has always kept to herself. She was forced to survive in the wild, feral and illiterate. Eventually she began working as a freelance mercenary, and the contact with civilization tamed her wildest side and taught her how to get by, at least. She was not one to be tied down, however, and soon shifted to the life of a wandering adventurer, never staying in one place for very long.

Paladin101

Muse

I changed it so anyone with the link could view.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Isengrad

Hey, i think I would like to throw my hat in with this. What do you think of the Binder from Tome of Magic?

original artwork by karabiner

Paladin101

Isen as much as I love to say yes to my players, I would suggest a different path of magic. If you wanted to go with it, and you made it in, depending on how many apply and who I put into the open slots, you should be aware you'd be under my microscope, because I'm unfamiliar with that class, so I'd be watching closely to make certain it wasn't unbalancing or making life difficult for the rest of the party.

Isengrad

That is a shame, so many fun things to role play out, the binding process in particular. I can link you the book if you would like to read it while I search for another class.

the story of the Vestiges are very interesting if you take the time to read them.

Paladin101

I have no problem reading it, like I said I found a pdf online that I am actually perusing as we speak. But it is a completely new form of play, and from the little I skimmed, it presents a true problem to any devout members of the party, and recently I saw a great deal of trouble arising from a party member in a RP doing summonings and not properly controling/concealing the diabolical nature of his servant. Thus, while I'm willing to give it a go and if you make it into the RP, willing to let you try it out, I am just warning you that, as what you are using is new to me, I will be paying extra attention to what you do. I just state this up front so that later I don't hear "Well why am I being picked on?". It does sound like an interesting class with potential for role play. But I am big on balance, and as it's something new to me, I don't know how balanced it is. Since it IS from WotC I am willing to allow it, so long as you're aware I will be watching you. Like santa claus, if he carried around a long stick that he used to smack you when you were naughty.

Isengrad

Well, might as well take a chance on it. I need to head to bed now, but tomorrow I can work on it while WoW is down. If during that time you decide against it just drop me a Pm.

RubySlippers

Why not be a simple Conjurer it has the benefit of being cool summoning up creatures and has some very good other spells. Especially if all the official books are used.

Blinkin

To be honest, one of the games that I'm in here on E just had a major blow up over a binder who summoned a demon in a party of all good characters and it was a huge disaster and almost broke up the game over it... I would, personally, advise against a binder as it seems that demons are the prefered creatures to summon and it may end up killing a game.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Jefepato

I will never understand why they would dedicate 1/3 of a book to pact magic and then write the flavor text so that religiously devout characters are expected to hate binders for some silly reason (a few of the vestiges are fiends, but most aren't, and vestiges don't have much bearing on their summoner's alignment anyway).  Most parties have clerics; why set up the shiny new character concepts to be unusable in the typical party?

RubySlippers

I have a suggestion why not play a Sorceror who gets their power with a pact with a good Vestige and whose summoning spells summon only Celestial or elemental creatures as a neutral force, its kind of open to how you get your powers a pact and power tattoos or something can work to.