The Outcasts - Mass Effect (Recruitment) Need 2 more!

Started by Jason Hunter, July 05, 2017, 08:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoda

Yoda

Name: Rax
Race: Krogan
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Standing at just about 8 feet and weighing almost a ton Rax is a monster even by Krogan standards. He usually wears dark grey armor like this, minus the helmet
Armor

Weapons And Powers
Primary:
M-76 Revenan

Secondary:
M-100 Grenade Launcher

Abilities
Primary: Energy Charge and Barrier

Background
Personality:
Rax is not an easy Krogan to get along with and until you gain his trust he will just push you away. Rax like many other Krogan is a soldier through and through and as such he can take orders well, only you have to prove your worth following. Rax is not afraid to get bloody and will gladly fight to the death if that is what he must do. Rax tries not to form close connections with people, partly because he doesn't want to hurt them and so that if he ever has to kill them it will be easier. If you manage to get through the many walls he has built around himself and become his comrade he will march right into the jaws of death for you.

History:

Rax grew up on Tuchanka, where he spent his childhood learning how to fight and kill like most Krogan do. Though Rax excelled in combat training and outperformed all the other young Krogan in his clan it wasn't until his rite that he became known as the monster he is today. During his rite Rax managed to kill a thresher maw, in doing so he joined the ranks of the most elite Krogan. Rax continued to live on Tuchanka for a while where he would fight for the glory of Clan Weyrloc. Killing his brothers and sisters eventually made Rax sick, he couldn’t stand how the Krogan were tearing themselves apart and so he left Tuchanka to find something different.

Rax traveled around the galaxy for a while doing what he did best, killing things. During his travels he was offered many jobs as a hired gun, but Rax always turned them down. Unlike other Krogan that would gladly kill for a couple of credits Rax would never kill the defenceless and weak he deemed not worthy to kill, instead Rax fought for small start up clones helping to protect them from pirates, wild creatures, and the occasional geth. While he was protecting a small village on the outskirts of controlled space Rax had a run in with Drell assassin that would become his first love.

The assassin had been hired to take out a drug dealer that was hiding in the colony, unfortunately instead of just killing her target the Drell assassin had a run in with Rax. Rax managed to take the Drell captive, so he could interrogate her and learn if there were more, but when the Drell produced orders showing she was working for the council and had been assigned to kill a dangerous criminal Rax let her go.

Something about the Drell caught Rax’s interest, so when she went to leave Rax decided it was time for him to go back to the Citadel. In truth he just wanted to spend more time with the Drell and luckily for him the Drell, Sterana, had been impressed with how he had stopped her, so she was happy to share the Krogan’s company on the long journey through space. By the time the two reached the citadel they had fallen for each other. The Drell offered to accompany Rax on his next adventure and so the two set off to find another colony in need of a little extra muscle. Rax and his new Drell companion continued to travel across the galaxy fighting and loving.

For a while Rax felt on top of the world, but all good things end. Though Krogan have very long lives the Drell do not and soon Sterana became sick with Kepral's Syndrome. Though the loss of his lover caused Rax much pain he didn’t succumb to it knowing she wouldn’t want that.

When Rax heard about the Andromeda initiative he quickly volunteered, not to get away from anything or to start over but to go do what he did best and fight for the little man.

Talents/Skills: Killing and breaking stuff

Other
Connections: If you want your characters to have any connections with other characters
Dislikes: Calm
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=270525.0
“Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.”
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”

Jason Hunter

All characters look really great. One more character and we can get the ball rolling :)

CupofJoe

(yeah I know mostly human so far, but hey, still gonna be fun!)

Name: Samuel 'Sam' Calder
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Sam is 6'3. He has black hair and blue eyes. He usually wears a black trench coat, or duster. Most of his other, normal clothes, were left back on Earth. He's strong enough to hold his own in a fight, but his strength comes from his legs. In his life he's had to do a lot of running.

Weapons and Powers

Primary: N7 Crusader
Secondary: Sidewinder

Abilities
Primary: Turbocharge
Secondary: Tactical Cloak
Third: Overload

Background

Personality: Sam is very pessimistic, no matter how good the situation looks, he is always expecting the worst to happen. He is also a very sarcastic person, in the most life threatening situations, he'll usually throw out a joke or two. He likes to go into any situation with as much information as possible. As well as take his time, to give himself the greatest advantage possible. He keeps himself distant from everyone else, afraid to get too attached. When it comes to survival, he will almost always put himself before others.

History: Sam was a private investigator back in the Milky Way. He first started when the love of his life was murdered. He tracked down her killer and took him out. He found out he had a knack for this sort of thing. For a long time, he was a sort of mercenary. He would track down anyone for the right price, and either bring them in, or kill them. He had no real preference. He became good at this, and after a while, he stopped thinking about what's right and wrong, he just did it for a paycheck.

Then, one day Sam got a mission that changed him. It seemed like a normal one. Find this person, retrieve stolen property, and kill said person. Turns out they dumped the merchandise he was looking for, but that was only half the job. Knowing that, he hunted down the target, until he came across some abandoned building. There were no walls, or guards, no defenses to speak of. So he blew it up. A few months later he found out the building had 4 kids in it. They were being led by a member of some local gang, but he murdered 4 kids, each about the age of 16. From that day on, he refused to take on jobs that involved him killing someone. Unless his own life was in danger that is.

A year before he left for Andromeda he got into some real hot water with the Blue Suns. He put the kid of some hot shot in the gang behind bars, that big hot shot wanted revenge, and he put the weight of the Blue Suns on Sam. Sam knew he had 2 options; somehow take down the Blue Suns, or run away. So he chose to run, he ran as far away as he could, which meant running to Andromeda.

Talents/Skills: Sam is good at noticing the little details. During the middle of a fight, he is much more likely to notice something about an enemy, that others would most likely miss. He is also great at sneaking around, using the environment as much as possible, to get as close to his target as possible.

Other

Connections: None
Dislikes: People with an excess amount of energy

Jason Hunter

Hey guys, I have a character sheet thread up if you could all post your characters up in there. There is also an OOC sheet to start plotting in.

Character Sheets - Recruitment - OOC

Timeskeeper

Timeskeeper

Name: Erin Taylor
Race: Human
Sexuality: straight
Appearance: *points to picture*

Weapons And Powers
Primary: M-5 Phalanx
Secondary: M-76 Revenant
Abilities
Primary: Charge
Secondary:[/c] Shockwave

Background
Personality: Erin is a young genius with three doctorates, so many around her tend to treat her differently. Thanks to this Erin's personality evolved around that. She turned more sarcastic to deal with the older crowd. If one could get passed that however they find a bright and also kind young woman, however one who sounds very sad.

History: Erin Taylor was born on Earth, the younger child of a set of twins. Her mother was a diplomat and her father a well off doctor. Thus Erin and her brother Lee had a well off childhood. Both ended up child geniuses yet only Erin developed biotic powers, and was quickly given the best money could buy, of course it helped that her father was able to install her implants himself. Even with juggling her biotic training session with school classes the twins graduated high school at the age of fourteen. Both went right into college, Lee studying history and languages while Erin went broader, she mained biology of all known species, focusing on biotics, along with chemistry and engineering. While classes where going well for the twin, two years later both parents died in a fire. The siblings grew closer after that in the following two years both graduated from college and a year later Erin earned her PHDs in biology and chemistry. But even though their work and the death of their parents that they remained close, do the the fact they where all each other had left. Their mother had given them ying and yang necklaces when they graduated high school and neither was ever seen with out that hanging around the necks. Lee had the Yang piece while Erin had the Ying.

For a time the twins, both twenty now, seemed to settle into life well. Erin was almost to her third PHD, but tragedy wasn't done with Erin yet. When she got her first job working for an asari doctor work on better biotic implants, Lee got a job researching prothean artifacts. It took him to the edge of citadel space, which made Erin worry and a few months later Batarians raided the dig sight. Lee was killed defending some of the other researched. A friend of Lee gave Erin the news and his Yang pendant. Feeling broken after burying all of her family Erin looked for a way out. Her doctorates in alien biology, chemistry, and newly earned engineering gave her options so when she put out feelers for a new job she was approached by people for the Andromeda Iniitiative. A whole new galaxy away from her problems? Erin couldn't say yes fast enough. During the time leading up to launch Erin learned took the initiative and learned her way around two main guns but she quickly began favored the heavy pistol and she informed her handler in the Andromeda Initiative of her new skills and applied for being a field medic.

Talents/Skills: Erin, like her brother did, has a photographic memory. It helped her greatly during college and allows her to memorize patient folders thus never needing to have sensitive information on hand.

Other
Connections: (Contact me if you want to make connections)
Likes: Coffee, old books, stargazing, mac&cheese, and biology.
Dislikes: Being treated like a child, having to repeat herself, onions, and tea.

Note: I'm sorry if this seems a bit all over the place here and there. I'm fighting a cold and the meds kinda make me loopy. Every ones been there right? XD

Jason Hunter

I like her time :) Just post her in the character thread and away we go. I am looking to start the game mid next week. Hoping for a couple more players in the mean time.

Jason Hunter

Looking for 2 more characters to boost us to 8 players but we are looking at starting next week.

mayovagn

I am interested in this. Still room for a wonky brained Liege?
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Jason Hunter

The wonkier the brain the better the story. Welcome aboard. Just drop off your character sheet as you board. ;)

mayovagn

mayovagn

Name: Ma'yome Maix
Race: Asari
Sexuality: Pansexual
Appearance: Generally dark purple outfits, leans towards comfortable and practical clothes

Weapons And Powers
Primary: Pistol
Secondary: Sniper Rifle
Abilities
Primary: Defence Drone, Combat  Drone, First Aid, Hacking, Electronics,

Background
Personality: Curious, fun, interested, ebullient, clever, insightful, a little naive Ma'yome is an engineer, a tinkerer, a geek. She likes machines and AI and being knee deep in fixing and repairing things. She is often seen pouring over her omni-tool changing configurations and calibrations of all manner of systems over which she has control or authority.
History: Ma'yome is the daughter of Major Maix of the Asari Commando Corps. Her other mother was an Earth woman named Margaret Jones. Ma'yome spent half her formative years on an Earth colony and half of them following her Asari mother around various military bases. Her parents were in love, and cared for each other deeply and spent as much time as they could together, but the Major's commitment to the Asari Military was such that she couldn't be 'home' for more than a few weeks a year. With Earth Mum, Ma'yome learned how to build, repair and maintain all the equipment on their colony world, how to keep the lights on and the water running. With her Asari Mom she learned how to hunt, shoot, and survive. Ma'yone entered competitions for shooting all through her young life and did very well indeed and had a small name in the community. When it came to a vocation however she chose to go with the opportunity to help the colony by learning more about the technical side of life. She trained with the Colony Engineering Corp on Earth for five years, learning front line skills that came fairly easily and naturally to her given her background and upbringing. She then took further education studies in combat engineering with Asari Military back on her mothers homeworld. During this she learned of the Batarian attack on her Earth Mum's colony world. The whole colony had been wiped out. No survivors.
It was largely this event that caused Ma'yome to take up with the Andromeda mission when she came out of the Combat Engineering course. She was 29, very young for an Asari, but given her skillset she was a shoe in.
Talents/Skills: Engineering skills, Dancing, Cooking, Marksman

Other
Connections: If you want your characters to have any connections with other characters
Likes: Honesty, openness, machines, technology, fun, dancing, music, knowledge, study.
Dislikes: Duplicity, things breaking, a lack of routine maintenance, ignorance, lack of available information.
Ons/Offs: Ons and Offs
[/font]
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

la dame en noir

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still interested. I've just been working 40 hours a week and busy - I'll try to get a rough concept down pretty soon.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

diarmuid

I'm interested in joining if that's alright? I can start typing out a character sheet, but I don't want to swipe a spot out from under la dame en noir so I'm fine with opting out!

Jason Hunter

Not at all, I want around 10 players so please there is enough room for the both of you. Please just read about the pin idea i have in OOC, it's not everyone's cup of tea I have come to realise. If you are happy with that then please feel free to fill in a character sheet and send it in. I will be starting the game end of the week.

diarmuid

Ooh, I do like the pin idea! Reminds me of inspiration in fifth edition D&D ouo

diarmuid

Name: Kal'Vaeel vas Selani nar Idenna
Race: Quarian
Sexuality: Asexual panromantic
Appearance: During Kal's years in exile, his enviro-suit has slowly evolved by his own hand. It has been altered and repaired as the necessity arose, eventually leading to a suit that barely resembled a traditional quarian. He continues to make nearly constant tweaks to keep his personal environment sterile, resulting in the details of his suit changing weekly. Underneath the helmet, he bears the typical bright eyes and pale skin of a quarian.

Weapons And Powers
Primary: M-97 Viper (sniper rifle)
Secondary: Harpy pistol
Abilities
Primary: AI Hacking, Incinerate, Cryo Ammo

Background
Personality: Kal is a relatively quiet individual. He enjoys listening to others and learning their viewpoints, even if he will never do anything with the information. He thinks of himself as a simple person with very simple desires, though his life has been a bit complicated in the past. He values the freedom to do as he wishes above all else, and tends to view relationships with others as unnecessary ties. He will build friendships with others, but it can take him a very long time to form any real emotional bond with another living being. Due to this, he can come across as cold and logical. He does very little to change that viewpoint, even if he personally disagrees with it.
History: During his pilgrimage, Kal'Vaeel fell in love with life outside of the flotilla. It was a little scary, being a teenager and being thrust out onto the nearest passing space station on a rickety ship that nearly fell to pieces before he arrived. But he soon came to adore the world around him. He realized too late that he should have never returned to the flotilla to present his gift to the Captain of the Selani. Life on the Migrant Fleet was too loud, too crowded, and too repetitive. He first became bored, and then frustrated, and then paranoid, and then furious. Filled with pent-up energy and a haze of bottled emotions, Kal fell into a violent bout of what was essentially what humans call going stir crazy.

He blacked out, and he was suddenly on trial for murder.

He confessed, of course. As soon as he managed to put the events together in his head, he gave his confession to the Captain and council of the Selani. He was calm throughout and outright requested exile at the end of his confession. Seeing no reason to invoke capital punishment, the Captain had begrudgingly dropped him off on the next inhabited world they crossed. In the eight years since he left, he found he was relatively suited for mercenary work. He learned his fighting skills there, taught by fellow mercenaries in groups that he left and joined at his own whims. Following the lure of Andromeda, he was eventually recruited as a member of the second team. He wasn't particularly fond of flora and fauna, but he was a damn good shot and a damn good engineer.

Upon arriving, Kal was greeted by a familiar feeling of being crowded. Naturally, he joined the rebels. He had come to live on a planet, not another crowded ship for an undetermined amount of time. Getting exiled again was hardly an awful punishment. Life would be harder than he had expected in this new galaxy, but he wasn't complaining. As long as his life continued being free and interesting, what did he have to complain about?
Talents/Skills: Being a quarian, Kal'Vaeel has been surrounded by technology his entire life. He has more than a natural knack with machinery, especially now that he has to keep his enviro-suit running on his own. He also has a good handle on his emotions, allowing him to retreat behind an emotionless mask should the need arise.

Other
Connections: None, but open to it!
Likes: The quiet, eavesdropping, tinkering, hitting a direct target with his rifle.
Dislikes: Being crowded, yelling or loud conversation, overly-touchy people.
Ons/Offs: Similar to my own.
[/font]

Sorry if you wanted it on the character sheet board, I wasn't sure if I needed to be approved first.