Running the Realms (3.5 NC Exotic System game recruitment)

Started by Tagan, September 25, 2010, 10:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Quote from: Tagan on September 26, 2010, 05:28:11 PM
Kuno, I don't have access to the Magic of Incarnum... So probably not.  As for the extraplaner subtype...  do you want it added on?  Makes more sense to me for an 'exiled' Modron to be fixed to the Prime Material.

Darn.  I guess I'd probably have to go for Psion, then...  Still, if you don't have the book, I guess it can't be helped.  It isn't overpowered at all, but the rules for Incarnum are a bit complex.

Well, I was specifically wondering if adding on the Extraplanar subtype might be enough of a weakness to negate the advantages provided by the Construct(Living Construct) type and subtype, and bring her back down to LA+0.  I don't mind dealing with an LA of +1 if necessary, but I have a strong dislike of Level Adjustment in general and don't mind taking on a few extra disadvantages if it means I don't have to deal with it. ^^; I also think it makes perfect sense, character-wise, for her to still have some ties to Mechanus, even if she's been specifically cut loose from the Modron race itself.  And as I mentioned before, there is some precedent for it being used as a 'weakness' to make up for a strong type advantage.

Tagan

If it's just flavor your after, use a Warforged, and call it an Exiled Modron... that'd be 0 la.

You could even use the stat changes (IE plus to Int and Con, Minus to Dex and Cha)

In my opinon, the Exiled Modron is a very good single LA race... Taking the Tiefling as an example.  The immunities make a big difference.

Honestly, the outsider template, IMO, is as much an advantage as disadvantage... expecially at lower levels.

Kunoichi

Alright, I'll go for that, then. ^^

I'll have a Warforged (Exiled Modron) Psion (Shaper) ready for you by tomorrow.  I take it I should use 38 point-buy and standard starting wealth for a 5th-level character?

Tagan

Kunoichi

Ah, and I forgot to ask:  Traits and Flaws.  I was doing a bit of reading through the previous recruitment thread you linked to, and just to confirm...  One of each?

Tackyhillbilly

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=243064

Valrik's fluff is added. Personality, Appearance, and Background are at the bottom of the sheet.

If he gets accepted, I'll add more to the background, in order to dovetail him better with the party.

Tagan

Kunoichi

Well, it's tomorrow, so...

Name: Harmony
Race: Exiled Modron (refluffed Warforged stats)
Class: Psion (Shaper)
Appearance: Image Link (Drawn personally, NSFW)
Background: The story of Harmony, Exiled Modron Psion and Interior Decorator, began when she was first born from the great Energy Pool at the heart of Regulus, the Modron domain within Mechanus.  Born Monodrone 101172032, years of mindless toil saw her gradually promoted up the Modron hierarchy, from Monodrone to Duodrone, from Duodrone to Tridrone, and eventually from Tridrone to Quadrone.  From humble beginnings as a nearly-mindless little round ball with legs, she eventually made the transition up to a quite intelligent (though still low-ranked) cube with legs, and while not exactly happy with her life, it could certainly be said that she was by no means unhappy with it, either.

That all changed one day when a very peculiar set of orders came down from on high, however.  She was to drop whatever it was she was doing, take all Modron drones under her command, and join her fellow Modrons in a great March across the planes.  A Modron March such as this, while a great undertaking, was normally not that unusual...  But this one was unscheduled, taking place several centuries before the next scheduled March.  Very peculiar for beings of pure law and order.  Additionally, the orders had them all Marching to search for a certain item, a ruinous Wand that had once belonged to a dark power.  This March took the Modrons through many unusual and perilous places, and several of them were seperated from the group, split off and unable to return to Mechanus.

Fortunately for Quadrone 101172032, she got lost in Brightwater, where the good-aligned natures of the local denizens and her own cute (if bizarre) appearance let her make some friends, who nicknamed her 'Harmony' because it was easier to pronounce than Quadrone 101172032.  Her tendency to automatically re-arrange her surroundings under Feng Shui principles allowed her to open a business for herself as an interior decorator, and eventually, her exposure to a variety of good and chaotic viewpoints saw her go rogue.  As a result, when a squad of Modrons finally tracked her down, they had a hostile reaction to her, sentencing her to summary execution in order to prevent her from wreaking havoc among the Modron race.

Naturally, the friends she'd made on Brightwater would have none of that, and after destroying the squad sent after her, they all proceeded together to Mechanus, where, after several court hearings and the filling-out of several actual mountains of paperwork, she was approved for exile.  Taken to the Energy Pool, she underwent a ritual that saw her connection to it severed, freeing her from her obligations and transforming her body into an entirely new form.  Now free to wander, she is currently travelling the Prime Material Plane alone in an effort to establish her own identity and find her way in the world, her friends left behind on Brightwater to carry on their own lives.
Sheet link: Harmony, Exiled Modron Psion (Shaper)

Edit: Gave my application some proper formatting.

Primarch

I too have one to submit!

Name: Arenathon
Race: Half-Nymph/Gray Elf
Class(es): Monk
Appearance: Appearance
Background:
Arenathon was born over one hundred years ago to a clan of Gray Elves that lived quite secluded in the mountains. His father was in fact head of the clan and Arenathon would have some day taken the role, should he have stayed on. However, he did not. The half-breed that is Arenathon found life among the Gray Elves impossible, his father had none of the virtues a true Gray Elf should have, in young Arenathon's eyes. He was aloof & improper, taking a Nymph for a wife. His mother was, while loving, caused as much trouble for him as she did help him in life. Growing up their is always teasing, but when your mother is a Nymph...it can get bad.

This is what caused the young Arenathan (then barely a pup of forty) to branch out on his own, he turned his back on his clan, if they supported his overly decadent father, then none of them were Gray Elves. When more of the forest Nymphs started moving into the mountain retreat of the Gray Elves, Arenathon simply couldn't take it. He had the falling out to end all falling outs with his father and left. Whatever hope for the two to live in the same land seemed to disappear.

What none new however was the real reason Arenathon left, not because his father was more fun loving then the average Gray Elf and the Clan was starting to welcome the ever promiscuous Nymphs into their land....it was because Arenathon himself had all the passion of his mother, an eager urging that threatened to boil over at any moment and see him drunk on wife and with as many partners as he could get his nimble fingers on. That was not a Gray Elf....Arenathon refused to be that.

So the youthful Elf wandered the lands, searching for something to ease his turmoil and give him inner piece....one day he met a Monk on a long lonely road. The rest is as they say, history.
Sheet link: Mythweaver Sheet

Kate

this closed tagan ? do u have all the slots you want filled ?

Tagan

Not closed yet no.  The opening is going to be filled shortly, but until that time has come i'm accepting applicaions.

Primarch

bump to let you I believe my character sheet is finished (I must confess its been a while since I did 3.5 so if there's something wrong please let me know, I'll fix asap!)

Tagan

Edit: Woops, wrong person.

Primarch, I like the concept, but I am a bit surprised how you carried it out.  I might have done it differently.

Primarch

A ring of protection here, a headpiece of wisdom there, plus the Monk unarmoured bonus from level 5, he'll be grand!

Kunoichi

Incidentally, may I ask what the current makeup of the group is? ^^; I've taken a look at the character sheet thread, but from what I gather, not all of the characters posted there are currently in the party.

Tagan

Fair enough.

Kurgan, Dwarven Ranger/Fighter/Rogue, and current trapfinder.
Aura, Elven Ranger and party Archer
Cordale, Human Cleric of Kelvemor
Myrna, Dwarf Artificer
Dora, Ex-familiar Cat Druid

Tackyhillbilly

Alright. If you got a chance to look at the Mountebank, give me a yay or a nay on it. If it won't work, I'll switch some skill points around.

Tagan

Tackyhillbilly

Alright. Well, I guess I'm waiting to see if I make the cut.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Tagan on September 27, 2010, 05:47:27 PM
Fair enough.

Kurgan, Dwarven Ranger/Fighter/Rogue, and current trapfinder.
Aura, Elven Ranger and party Archer
Cordale, Human Cleric of Kelvemor
Myrna, Dwarf Artificer
Dora, Ex-familiar Cat Druid

Ah, looks like a fairly balanced party, then.  If Harmony is chosen to join the group, she'll probably be relying on Astral Construct most of the time, with assorted battlefield-control and direct-damage powers tossed out as necessary.  I think she stands a decent chance of being able to be a useful member of the party. ^^

Kolbrandr

sheet's up here http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=243363

edit: and put the backstory in his notes besides.

Tagan

I have made one selection!

A second is still possible, I am still debating the idea.

Thanks to everyone who applied!