News:

Main Menu

Favorite Beatlesong?

Started by heathenwolf, October 16, 2012, 07:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heathenwolf

Mine is Strawberry fields forever.

Beguile's Mistress

I love almost everything the Beatles recorded.  Two of my favorites are "If I Fell"  and "Michelle."

heathenwolf

Ive always been entranced by the countermelody on "if i fell" , its beautiful and hypnotic at the same time.

Will

If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

heathenwolf

Blackbird was beautiful in its simplicity and elegance.
I was privileged to get to hear Paul play that one at his Raleigh concert.

Will

Wow, I'm jealous.  I've heard some pretty beautiful covers of it, but that would be stellar.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

heathenwolf

Stellar was a good word to describe it, and when he played "Live and let die" , we all were in the clouds.

Stella

Changes every day ... Today it's For No One!

Arohk

I love almost everything they put out. It's extremely hard to choose anything. I would probably drift between every track on the White Album, and then of course there is Here Comes the Sun. Augh. So many greats...

I guess for now, I will have to go with Come Together. Or maybe Eleanor Rigby. Those will always be close to me.

Also, I get to see Paul perform live next month. :D I'm excited!

Callie Del Noire

I trend towards melancoly with the Beatles. Yesterday tends to be my fave

Silver

Easy.

Eleanor Rigby.

"Ah look at all the lonely people"
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

MasterMischief

A Day in the Life

I always suspected they told John and Paul to write a song.  They told them the title and then sent them to two seperate corners.  When the came back, they mashed both songs into one.

heathenwolf

Actually it was almost that way, John or paul would get on a piano and bang out a tune, then they would shout words to the other one to help with the song.

sixtiesthrowback

I was given the entire discography for my 17th birthday. I adore the Beatles.
Favorite song... I think it's "I'm a Loser"
Favorite album though...is rubber soul...there is not one bad song on that album.

Gizacall

]Depends what mood I'm in I guess.....

Today its "Here comes the sun" by George Harrison

Stella

Rubber Soul is brilliant. I think Abbey Road's my favourite album though. The entire b-side is so good.

Mordred

Damn.. I like many.. and this could change at any moment.. but one of the top few that truly first come to mind is.. Happiness Is A Warm Gun. Although if I had to state a side.. *glances upwards.. nodding* Yep.. Abbey Road b-side.. I can't imagine anything much better.
*See Pillory*

Rex Pacis

"Revolution" and George Harrison's "While my guitar gently weeps"
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Kuroneko

Eleanor Rigby and While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

HVBill

I absolutely love While My Guitar Gently Weeps, hands down my favorite song from them.

Arohk that is fantastic.  Have you seen any of them perform before?
"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of men.."

heathenwolf

Ive been to the Raleigh show in North Carolina, and i was At the Charlotte show, I remember seeing linda with him, and he was very happy.

heathenwolf

ive always wanted to see ringo, but never was lucky enough to get to Atlanta. Ive heard his show was really good.

ForAlbion

"Mother Nature's Son" and "Two of Us." I will spend the next rest of my life carefully and tactfully noting that these are, generally, obscure choices for favourite songs, because any hipster cred one would then garner would be wiped out by the fact that the songs are by the BEATLES.  :-)

ForAlbion

Sorry, that should be *not* noting. :p

Arohk

HV- No, I haven't! I am super excited. My dad has always been a huge fan and got me into them when I was a kid. So I've always wanted to go see them. : D This isn't the first time he's been here... But the tickets go so fast you barely even have a minute to get them! I'm lucky to get to go this time.