Teen Titans/Young Justice Rebirth

Started by Vaulera, April 28, 2013, 07:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

Vaulera

Yeah, personally I like starfire more. And cyborg would be an awesome addition as well! Especially considering his dynamic is already solidified with all of the characters already posted. Although it brings a tear to my eye plot-wise to see Raven a non-hetero sexual (for canonical reasons), I'm all good with that, though I would lean far more towards heterosexual encounters with Jinx. You certainly don't have to engage in such activities at all, if you don't want to, but I wouldn't be opposed to indulging a little bit.

Mysterica

Well I'm certainly not against playing her heterosexual, but I'm not planning to go out looking for sex with her either.

Vaulera

If you don't like playing heterosexual, then don't play heterosexual. I can play both sexualities, so I suppose I could bend both ways in the rp. Either way, it's going to harm more than just your own enjoyment if you try and force a sexual preference.

El Maligno

Na no worries there though Raven is pretty hot lol But there are three other ladies in the rp and that is more than enough. I like the idea of having starfire in the rp as well as cyborg. I this will turn out to be a pretty awesome thread.

Vaulera

I think when the two confirm for Cyborg and Starfire/Terra that will conclude the interest gathering and I will make a template for characters.

PhantomPistoleer

All right.  I will definitely play as Cyborg. :o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vaulera

Okay! Awesome, all of the male slots are officially filled! I love the character selections actually, very good.

Mysterica

This is indeed looking out to be a good game I think.  By the way I would tend to agree on Starfire over Terra.

Vaulera

Last female slot is open again! If you want it, please just confirm!

Daoine Sidhe

So... where is the character template?  I must have overlooked it somewhere...  I'll go a-hunting for it again.  Starfire it is.  :-)

I... think I can handle her...  Any particular place in her story you want me to start with her?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
Entice Me (O/O) | Engage Me (RPs) | Find Me (A/A) | Play with Me (Ideas)
Actively seeking good RP partners.

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

apygoos

we should start talking "first chapter" so to say. Whatever we decide on will be crucial in deciding if i go straight Nightwing, or start as Robin and perhaps through this story telling, let him become Nightwing.

Vaulera

I was just waiting for your confirmation, here is the list of characters and the template. Honestly, I omitted some things in the template that I would ordinarily put in there, but seeing as we know the heroes/characters themselves it wasn't necessary.

Starfire- Sidhe
Jinx- Vaulera
Raven- Mysterica
Cyborg- Pistoleer
Aqualad- Maligno
Robin/Nightwing- Apygoos

Template:

Name:
Appearance: (Feel free to put in a description, but pictures would be preferable either by themselves or alongside it)
Powers: (Okay, so in here, just put in the supernatural/metahuman aspects, for people or just Robin, you don't need to put anything here, just delete it)
Skills/ Abilities: (For this one, strictly non-superhuman abilities, so things like acrobatics, computers, sciences, etc. for the sake of accuracy, Robin's is going to be pretty full up here)
Personality/ Character traits: (Since I usually hate the whole rambling on and on about different things like, she's nice, she's joyful, she's angry, put some of your character's more notable traits down in a list format and explain a little bit. This shouldn't be a very long segment, just two or three traits, maybe more)
History: (In here goes your superheroey deeds and past, don't copy paste from a wiki, just take the whole info thing and summarize, including times with the previous iterations of the titans. Note: Super important to mention what your character's connection to the other Titans in the rp is! For those who haven't met too much, don't go into much detail, just what your character might know.)

Personally, I think this is a bit barebones, but it should serve our purpose, I want interaction between the heroes to be the focus of this roleplay, whether or not they are fighting or just in the tower. I agree Apygoos, a starting point would be good to establish. The general plot or reason they are united is because there has been a rapid and massive spike in crime, but the reason is unknown, and the criminals are getting bolder, caring less and less about the police and colateral damage. I think that it would be appropriate if Robin/Nightwing was the catalyst for the whole thing. If this is alright with Apygoos, I would like Robin/Nightwing to be struggling to keep the whole city's crime suppressed, when he responds to a crisis. The metahuman prison was attacked, and several men dressed completely and wearing masks decimated the guards and open the cells. He arrives too late, to find the guards and police in a sorry state, the cells blown open and the only trace of the strange strike team a single drop of blood on a dropped gun of staggering technological advancement.

Also, for Robin and Starfire, please decide if you want to continue the relationship during the story, because it'll be strange if we don't resolve that beforehand.

apygoos

I'm open to working out what the current state of the Dick x Kori relationship is
Im fine with that happening, If no one minds, in that case, once we get going it could be a rather large first post. I will be using Batman in said post, and in a later post, Dick will be meeting with Superman. as long as those things are okay with everyone, i have a clear idea. In that start, he would start as Robin, but relatively early on in the RP he would become Nightwing, and progress the Titans from "Teen Titans" to simply "The Titans". that sound like a plan to everyone?

Vaulera

Okay, please tell me through PM what you intend to actually do with Batman and Superman. Considering exactly what the relationship would mean, it would leave Jinx the only bisexual female. I'm not necessarily opposed to that, however.

Mysterica

Um...  I'm not averse to the concept, though I am still fairly unfamiliar with the true accounting of things.  I have seen the Cartoon Network show, but as for the comic I am only now reaching the Titans' second encounter with the Fearsome Five.

apygoos

from the way its sounding, this will be our own rendition of the Titans, so I'm almost willing to say most anything in the DC universe is fair game.

El Maligno

I agree with apygoos. We don't have to have EVERY single detail down to what they love to eat. We are just doing this for fun and using everything in the DC universe as a guideline. We are already changing a few things anyways so I'm sure what ever knowledge you do have is more than enough for what we have in mind and if not we have each other to bring us up to speed.

apygoos

in short, make it your version of the character, if its too much of a change from what is commonly accepted of the character, and people have a problem with it, im sure youll hear quick, as this is a pretty small group.

Vaulera

Look, I don't intend to follow exact canon, because let's all be really honest, the plot that D.C. has is goofy as all hell. There are like sixteen different major stories that all involve parallel dimensions, warping what has happened. There is an "Earth-Two" for gods sake! There was the entire Elseworld series! Feel free to play with the little details, but I want their raw, important stories and relationships to remain the same. As in, I am playing Jinx, and no matter how I spin it, no one will trust her at first.

Daoine Sidhe

Name: Koriand'r, "Kori Anders"

Powers: Superhuman strength, stamina, endurance, & durability; flight capable; energy projection (concussions blasts, bursts, optic energy beams); resistance to radiation; textile-based linguistic comprehension.

Skills/Abilities: Exceptional hand-to-hand combat, natural talent for assimilating information.

Character Traits
  • Energetic
  • Loyal
  • Inquisitive
  • Can be competitive
  • Values friendship
  • Admires strength & leadership
  • Governed by emotions

History: Kori is not from Earth.  She was born on a distant planet called Tamaran.  Kori was heir to the throne of Tamaran, until her sister - Kormad'r - betrayed the Tamarians by giving their secrets to their enemies.  Tamaran was conquered, and Kori spent several years as her sister's slave.  During her enslavement, she was subjected to a number of atrocities - including being used by others.  At one point, Kori killed one of her captors, and was subsequently sentenced to death.  Before her sentence could be carried out, both Kori and her sister were captured by an alien race called the Psions, and subjected to experimentation.  These experiments resulted in the majority of Kori's abilities - which are shared by her sister.  Despite escpaing the Psions and rescuing Kormad'r, Kori was again sentenced to death by her sister's hand.  She managed to escape, however, and flee to Earth.  The first human she met was Richard "Dick" Grayson - aka Robin.  Eventually, she became a member of the Teen Titans, and has since developed a relationship with Dick.
Appearance:
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

apygoos

Young Justice- Robin Therapy
some insight  into one of the driving forces of Robin turning into Nightwing. I felt this was a fantastic iteration of Dick, and am rather sad that they cancelled Young Justice :(

El Maligno

Name: Aqualad or his real name (Kaldur'ahm)
Appearance:

My Aqualad will look more like the first two pictures but he will have a slightly bigger build. Meaning a bit more muscle I will keep his body slim but strong like a runner's or rather a swimmer's. He will have the water bearers from the next two pictures and overall his face will just look older not really sure how to describe it but he will not be a kid or have a baby face. Clothing will be the same He will have eel tattoos that will be visible when he uses Atlantean sorcery (they will glow dark blue through his swim suit) or when he is not wearing his swimsuit or a shirt. When not in use they are just normal black eel tattoos on his arms.

Powers: Hydrokinesis
Aquapathy
Superhuman strength
High durability
Superhuman swimming
Water transformation
Underwater breathing & pressure resistance
Temperature resistance (Cold and freezing)
Toxin resistance (Sea creatures and only partial at that)
Wields Atlantean Water Bearers
Electricity Generation
Hard-Water Constructs

Skills/ Abilities: Has under gone a full year of Atlantean military training, meaning he is a skilled Strategist and an expert hand-to-hand combatant. Ability to raise moral and is a great analyst. Is a jack-of-all trades can fix basic home problems in the tower.

Personality/ Character traits: noble-hearted, confident, competitive, fiercely loyal, calm and level-headed

History: Raised in the Atlantean city of Shayeris Aqualad was originally the partner of Aquaman who was a father figure as well as teacher and king all rolled into one. After helping Aquaman defeat Ocean Master he accepted Aquaman's offer to become his protegee. He met the original titans when they were much younger and starstruck both Raven and Starfire with his natural good looks. Despite a few brief encounters as well as 'Offically" joining the team. He did not have as many encounters with the original teen titans for quite some time until, after expecting to become part of The Justice League and being denied as well as others he became good friends with Robin/Nightwing. Aqualad see's Robin's natural ability to be a leader and has great respect for his friend. They had been in many difficult and dangerous missions even liberating superboy from a lab. They have each others backs no matter what even standing up to their masters defending their choices despite the disapproval of others. Aqualad is like the older brother of Robin/Nightwing often he keeps him in check to keep his friend from being too impulsive and rash. They work well together and this will ease his entrance into the Titans as he has had a much improved relationship with Robin/Nightwing.

Vaulera

Ah, for Starfire you didn't terribly follow my instructions, but it should be fine with a little modification. Just change it so that it is in a list of character traits or things that make up her personality. Other than that, I think that it's fine.

Daoine Sidhe

I'm sorry.  I didn't know you wanted an actual list rather than sentences.  Correcting.  Corrected.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]